How to Love ➳OUAT

By inspiredwdw

-COMPLETE- -GOING THROUGH REWRITE- * chapters with a star are not updated yet 𝘼 𝙋𝙚𝙩𝙚𝙧 𝙋𝙖𝙣 𝙎𝙩𝙤𝙧𝙮... More

⋆ faceclaims ⋆
Prologue
1 ➳Pilot I
2 ➳Pilot II
3 ➳Pilot III
4 ➳Games
5 ➳Find Me
6 ➳Guilt
8 ➳Falling*
9 ➳Strength*
10 ➳Heat*
11 ➳Til Death*
12 ➳Do Us Apart*
13 ➳Targets*
14 ➳Underbrooke*
15 ➳Mirror*
17 ➳Change*
18 ➳Past*
19 ➳Stars*
20 ➳Brandon*
21 ➳Answers*
22 ➳Green*
23 ➳Secrets*
24 ➳Dream Catcher*
25 ➳Nightmares*
26 ➳Facade*
27 ➳Villains*
28 ➳Truth*
29 ➳Fury*
30 ➳Curse*
31 ➳Fear*
32 ➳Sage*
33 ➳Trust*
34 ➳Regrets*
35 ➳Guilt*
36 ➳Betrayal*
Epilogue

16 ➳Promise*

1.2K 37 9
By inspiredwdw

.
.
.
I clutched the small box tightly to my chest as I jumped through the portal. It led to the pond, exactly where we left off. My hand flew to my head, which is suddenly dry. Knowing that I was no longer drenched in the river water, I pulled out the other half of my heart from the leather pouch and shoved it back into my chest. I looked down at the box in my hand and a wide grin plastered across my face.

Before I could wave my hand over it once more to free Peter, Emma spoke up, "Cass, we helped you get to the Underworld and save Pan, like you asked." The caution in her voice confused me as she continued, "Now, I need you to hand me the box."

She reached for the box, but I quickly snatched it away from her grasp, "What? Why?"

"Cass, please, I know you said you can control Pan but after everything he put Storybrooke through, everything he put Henry through, everything he put me through, it's just too risky," she desperately tried to reason with me.

I glimpsed toward Gideon, who seemed just as puzzled as I was, then back at Emma. She held out her hand for the box. I slowly backed away from both of them, my grip tightened around the box. The corners jabbed into the palms of my hands, but I didn't care; there is no way I was letting go of the box.

"Cass," Gideon called out and nodded at the trees behind us, "Run."

My legs didn't hesitate to listen and instantly headed in the direction of the forest. I could hear Emma yelling my name, but I don't stop running. I pushed the branches in my way only for them to swing back and scratch against my skin. My calves wanted to give out from the swimming and now the running. I could feel my rapid heartbeat in my ears. I spotted an opening leading to the beach at the end of the path and my pace quickened.

Once my feet reach the sand, I glanced back to see if Emma has caught up to me yet. I could still hear her frantic voice, but she was still far behind. I needed to open the box now.

I waved my hand over it just as I heard footsteps approach me. The top snapped open, releasing a large cloud of smoke, and its force pushed me back into the sand. I sharply sat back up as I watched the smoke swirl around in front of me.

I could make out a tall figure in the twisting cloud, but I had to turn my head away because the amount of light it was giving off. I pushed myself off the ground as the cloud finally burst, releasing sparks in the air.

Peter inspected his surroundings, still in disbelief of what was going on. When his eyes finally land on me, I immediately ran into his arms. He wrapped his arms securely around my shoulder as his fingers brushed through my hair.

I buried my head into his chest. He still smelled of sandalwood and sea salt. I grabbed fistfuls of the back of his jacket, not wanting to ever let go of him again.

"You found me," Peter whispered softly into my ear, sending tingles down my spine.

"I promised you I would," I laughed out.

He tucked my baby hairs behind my ear and placed a gentle kiss on my forehead, "I never doubted you."

I sighed at his gesture and rested my head on his shoulder. Peter ran his hand up and down my back, and I closed my eyes in comfort.

His touch suddenly tensed as he looked up from my shoulder. I turned around and followed his gaze. Gideon has his hand on Emma's shoulder as she stared daggers into Peter. She shook off Gideon and marched up to us as Peter stepped in front of me defensively. They continued to glare at each and an eerie silence filled the air.

Emma took a deep breath, "I don't trust you. After everything you've done, I could never trust you." Her gazes shifted to me and her eyes soften, "But I trust Cassandra, and if she claims that you've changed, then I trust her judgement."

I pressed my cheek into Peter's shoulder as he lightly squeezed my hand, "Thank you, Emma."

She smiled at me, but her expression goes slightly bitter when she looked back at Peter, "If you give me any reason to send you back to the Underworld, I won't hesitate to push you back into that river myself. Is that clear?"

"Crystal," Peter nodded.

I finally did it. After almost two hundred years, I finally found Peter and brought him back to me. Furthermore, I was now even closer to returning to Adellia. Nothing could possibly go wrong.

.
.
.

Pan was awfully quiet for the rest of breakfast. Normally, he would inform us of the day's agenda, which included some kind of training per usual. From the consistent meals of bread and berries, I was hoping we would go hunting or fishing some time soon, but obviously not today.

Daniel shot me small smiles while we played footsies under the table. It was cute until I accidentally hit Zach's ankle, making him yelp and catch Pan's attention. Pan raised his eyebrow at us but continued to eat in silence.

I finished my breakfast quickly and thanked Jonah for the meal. I needed to get away from the suspicious and curious stares I was receiving from the boys. I grabbed my crossbow, arrows, gloves, and a spare target the weaponry hut, and I ventured far into the forest. I created my own private training area. No lost boys allowed.

As I thought about this morning's events, I hissed in pain and brought my knuckle to my mouth and suck on the blood from a small cut. I was sharpening my arrows until I lost focus and nicked myself with the stone.

"Are you sure you want to be training right now?" I heard Pan ask. I looked up to see him playing with my other arrow lodged into the target, "You shouldn't risk injuring yourself any further."

"A little too late for that," I held my cut thumb out, "But I'll survive."

He softly chuckled as he approached me. I ignored his closeness and picked up my crossbow. I placed the arrow in the notch and spread my feet to about shoulder length apart while bringing my crossbow to my shoulder.

"Your stance is lacking," Pan interrupted my concentration from behind me. He pulled my right shoulder and foot back, so my chest was facing the side instead of frontwards.

His fingers didn't leave the exposed skin on my shoulder as he whispered into my ear, "Now, shoot."

I shakily released the trigger and watched the arrow fly into the bullseye with ease. I rolled my shoulder forward to free myself from Pan's grasp and retrieved my arrow.

"Thanks," I bit the inside of my cheek as I twirled the arrow between my fingertips.

Pan pursed his lips and crossed his arms as he shrugged, "It was nothing."

I nodded and took an interest in my boots. They were spotted with dirt and the laces had frayed. Even the tip of the shoe was becoming quite worn.

"So, breakfast was... interesting."

I snapped my head up at Pan's attempt to break the silence between us, "Yeah, I didn't think that Daniel and I had to explain ourselves for last night, but you know how nosy Zach can be."

"Don't I know it," Pan laughed out as he shook his head.

I impulsively decided to take the opportunity to finally play my turn in this little game he started, "But we had to make sure that you guys didn't think we were together or something like that."

"Together?" Pan scrunched his eyebrows.

"You know," I continued as I shortened the distance between us and shrugged, "Like a couple or anything of the sorts."

"A couple?" he scoffed, "I honestly see you two as no more than just friends."

I swore there was bit of jealousy in his voice. I know I wouldn't be satisfied until I heard it again and knew for sure, "Really? No more than friends? Why is that?"

"He just doesn't seem like your type," Pan shrugged once more.

"And what exactly is 'my type'?" I pressed further.

"I don't know," he answered coolly, "Just not him. The rest is for you to figure out."

He shoved past me, trying to get out of the conversation, but he wasn't getting away that easily, "Sounds to me that the idea of me and Daniel seems to bother you a bit."

Pan faced me again and rolls his eyes, "It doesn't. I couldn't possibly care less."

"Really?" I said in disbelief, "So you wouldn't care if Daniel and I were to be in a romantic relationship?"

He glared at me and shook his head, "You are not having any romantic relation with Daniel."

There it was.

"You don't control what I can and cannot do," I said as I got closer to his face.

"Actually, I do," he replied in a matter-of-fact tone, "You see, I control Neverland. Last time I checked, you're on Neverland, therefore I control you."

"So let me get this straight," I begin to clarify, "I can have a romantic relation with anyone except Daniel?"

I had to keep myself from laughing as Pan heated up, "You cannot have any romantic relations with anyone."

Here we go, the winning move.

"No one? Not even you?" I ask softly as I batted my eyelashes mockingly.

I watch his chest rise and fall a little bit faster as his gaze ran down my face. "Even if you wanted to, you could never have me," he smirked.

"Is that a challenge?"

"It's a promise."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

12K 442 7
"Security! Security! why is nobody listening?, Hyung?" . . "let's go Baby" . . "You really think I will listen to just anyone! Do you know who- . . "...
644K 32.4K 60
A Story of a cute naughty prince who called himself Mr Taetae got Married to a Handsome yet Cold King Jeon Jungkook. The Union of Two totally differe...
844K 35K 36
There are demons in the girl's head. They make her wish she was dead. Two years ago, the infamous Tony Stark told the world that he was Iron...
1.6M 58K 35
Every family has demons, but none of them seem to scream as loudly as they do in the Stark family. Tony Stark is known for many things; a father...