Rainbow Reflection

By Mygypsy

Harley woke from an accident that should have ended her life. When Drew found she had no memory of who she w... More

Rainbow Reflection
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9 - Him
Chapter 10
Chapter 11 - Him
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36 Betrayal
Chapter 37 Yesteryear
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40 - Homesick
Chapter 41
Chapter 42.
Untitled Part 45
Chapter 44. A mother's love
Chapter 45. Hell hath no fury ...
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 50
Next in the Werecat Stories
Epilogue

Chapter 49

467 49 12
By Mygypsy

Rosy

 I step out of the building and into the morning sunshine. The warmth of the sun combined with the bright clear blue sky hold the promise of a beautiful day but those climbing out of multiple vehicles carry a silent threat to turn the day into a nightmare we will be unable to wake up from. I glance to my right where Micah is standing, he is watching the Board Members getting out of their vehicles with a tight expression on his face. As if he can feel my gaze he glances my way and meets my eyes as he schools his expression into a mask that gives no hint of what he is thinking.

"Ready to do this?" He asks softly.

"The Dorringtons aren't here yet," Mitchell remarks on the other side of Micah.

I run my eyes over those at the cars mentally noting those I know, I am able to put names to most faces and even feel confident in identifying the few warriors with their Alphas. I watch as Steven and Mikkarl's dad Stephan Willoughby walks over to shake the hands of Mal Inness and Bert Stephan. Kurt Black approaches Cantrell Yates and the two have a hushed conversation with quick glances towards us.

"None of them seem in a hurry to come over here near where you have the twins," Steven says with a faint chuckle.

"Hey Mitchell," Malcolm says in a very serious tone and a glance towards Mitchell.

 "Are you feeling more than slightly insulted too? Both you and I should have been invited to speak with that lot over there before all of this goes down," Malcolm says with a scowl towards where Kurt Black is circulating among the others.

I hear Mitchell's growl of annoyance and watch as he and Malcolm walk side by side towards the others in a united front. There is tension between them since their fight but Malcolm has went out of his way to make it clear he was not interested in challenging Mitchell. I glance towards Micah, he is watching the visitors with slightly narrowed eyes. I look back to where Mitchell and Malcolm are greeting those they have walked up to. I bite the inside of my cheek to hide my smile as Malcolm strategically moves to block the glances sent towards Kurt for silent hints on how to handle this unexpected turn of events.

"Looks like Kurt thinks he is in charge," Micah says. "I haven't heard of any change in who is Chairman,"

I watch as Kurt makes his way from Alpha to Alpha until he reaches where Mitchell and Malcolm are talking to Mal, Bert and Stephan. Mitchell steps forward, I hear the low murmur of his voice but can't make out the words. I feel the push as the power of Kurt's inner cat rolls over me, beside me Micah grunts softly and I watch Mitchell back up a couple of steps warily. All around the small group facing Kurt the Alphas are looking at him cautiously, I draw a breath in through clenched teeth and feel my nostrils flare as I exhale sharply. My inner cat has surged to the front from the blast of power and dominance from Kurt, she doesn't like the feeling left on my skin from it. I blink as I concentrate on her for a moment as I open my mind to hers. Knowledge flows between us and I lick my lips in anticipation.

"Coming?" I whisper to the two strong toms either side of me.

"Might be best if you stay back here for the moment," Steven says as Micah glances at me. I meet Micah's gaze and lift a hand to finger comb my fringe back off my forehead, he studies my eyes for a second and I know my inner cat is blazing just behind my eyes.

"Might as well get this show started," Micah says evenly. He reaches out to stroke a finger across the palm of my hand, I glance at my hand and then up to his face. I feel more than see his inner cat near the surface ready to follow my lead and back me up as necessary. We take the first step towards the Alphas as one, I note the way different ones glance towards Kurt but I ignore him as I set my course for Cantrell Yates.

I come to a stop directly in front of Cantrell and acknowledge him with a slight inclination of my head before I look around the different faces in one fast glance before turning my attention back to Cantrell.

"Mr Chairman," I say in a tone devoid of emotion.

"Cantrell," Micah speaks from just behind me on my right.

"The Dorringtons are only about ten minutes away," Cantrell says in an easy tone.

"We're about to set up several shade gazebos and set out chairs to sit on," Kurt Black says. He moves in front of Cantrell Yates but slightly to the side effectively taking control of their side of the conversation. I glance his way but turn my attention back to Cantrell dismissively. There is no way I can miss the snarl that rumbles from Kurt, no way I miss the threat at my ignoring his authority. Unable to let it slide I bare my teeth in a smile that is a silent snarl as I turn my attention back to Kurt.

"So this is where you imagine that YOU can contain the irrational mother while the Board gives orders concerning one of her kitts?" I ask him in cool disdain. Behind me a faint growl comes from Micah in a show of support.

"The Board of Governors make decisions that benefit the Werecat Society as a whole," Kurt says. I feel the nudge of dominance from him that he sends my way, the urge to do as he will order. I turn my face away from him and look at Cantrell but I am intensely aware of any movement from Kurt.

"Where did Mitchell say to set up the gazebos?" I ask. The irritation coming off Kurt prickles my skin and I lift my chin slightly as I resist the urge to rub my hands up and down my arms.

"You did ask my brother for permission didn't you?" My words are slightly cold as Cantrell fails to fully restrain the glance he sends towards Kurt.

This close I don't miss seeing Cantrell Yates' pupils dilate then rapidly shrink to small dark pin points as Kurt's inner cat sends out another, stronger blast of dominance. I hear Steven take several steps backwards and my inner cat feels the need Micah's cat has to step back from this older dominant Alpha cat. Without looking I know Micah has held his ground even when Kurt turns angry eyes his way. My inner cat presses against my mind, I blink as she fills my thoughts.

He is not his sister. He is not our mother.

"Take your wife back to her newborn kitts," Kurt orders.

"Rosy do you feel like going to the twins?" Micah asks. I can feel his concern for me as more dominance pours from Kurt and even Cantrell takes several steps to the side away from him. I can feel the effect Kurt's dominance is having on Micah but he is still standing his ground refusing to leave me. I turn my head and run my gaze up Micah's body taking in the tensely clenched fists and the anger in his face as he continues to watch Kurt. Suddenly the fact Kurt is using his inner cat's dominance on not only me but Micah as well sparks the temper of my inner cat.

"I've got this Micah," I say casually over my shoulder. I grit my teeth as I slowly turn my face back towards my uncle and take a step towards him as I run my eyes insolently down to his toes before lifting my gaze to his once again.

"Really?" I demand coldly. "You think you can intimidate me?"

I let my growl rumble up from deep in my chest as I flex my toes against the ground. I feel the strength of this land so close to my mountain let its power flow into me.

"You forget I am of the line from the original female werecat," I tell him coldly. "You were never the equal of your sister, my mother, Jeddah. And you sure as hell are no where close to the Werecat I am!" I infuse my words with my knowledge and surety of who I am. I let the strength of my inner cat bleed through, she bows to no one and certainly not some tom that thought he could order her around with no thought or concern for her or her feelings.

I watch as Kurt trembles in his attempt to stand his ground, he sways slightly and is forced to take a step backwards to stay on his feet. I can feel I am affecting others around us but I do not take my concentration away from the Alpha in front of me. One, two, five, ten seconds and he staggers back a few steps before dropping his gaze. I slowly damp down my inner cat, she doesn't like it, doesn't like backing off from this cat that dared to challenge her but she reluctantly listens to my silent urging.

"Where is the shade and chairs getting set up Mitchell? Cantrell?" I ask as I finally look away from Kurt. Cantrell turns his head and looks towards Mitchell, Mitchell hesitates a few moments then lifts a hand to point to a flat, well-grassed area.

"There," Mitchell states.

I move back and watch as the warriors with the Alphas make short work of putting up the metal and canvas shade gazebos before setting out folding chairs. Every minute or two I slide a cool glance towards where Kurt is standing watching the activity. When it is all set up Cantrell and Kurt exchange glances before Cantrell approaches Micah and I with a slightly uneasy smile.

"Shall we all sit down?" Cantrell asks me as he indicates the seats in the shade with a sweep of one hand.

"We can start with the results of the test on Bud Lancaster's grandson?" Cantrell says. "Then move on to your family starting with the older boys,"

I glance towards where Steven is waiting, he has spoken with me several times about the paternity test and I knew how excited and anxious he is to get the 'proof' of being a father. I look to Micah where he stands, where he had held his ground while Kurt tried to exert his dominance.

"Might as well get that over and done with," Micah says. His voice is completely devoid of emotion and I want to reach out to him, offer him some kind of hope.

  "Steven," I say glancing towards Steven. I give him an encouraging smile as he moves to sit where Cantrell indicates. Cantrell moves to sit opposite him and most of the other Alphas move to chairs in the shade. Bud Lancaster and Lana walk over from where Lana had waited just outside the door to The Quarters to sit beside Steven and facing Cantrell. Doc and Frank Inness walk over from Doc's car, Doc is carrying a lot of large envelopes and I feel the first flutter of butterflies in my stomach as the reality of what is soon to unfold becomes even more real.

"Bud, Steven, Lana," Doc acknowledges them with a nod as he sits beside Cantrell. Doc selects three envelopes, passes one each to Lana and Steven while keeping one in front of him. Doc opens his envelope and withdraws several pieces of paper, looks at them for a few moments before looking at the three seated across from him.

"Do any of you need anything on the results explained?" Doc asks in a gentle voice.

"It seems pretty straight forward to me," Lana says sounding pleased. "It's not like I was expecting anything different."

"Kyle is my son," Steven says proudly. He glances towards Micah and I and I smile when his eyes meet mine, pleased that he has the proof he craved to show the paternity.

"Is there anything either of you want the Board's advice on? Custody? Visitations?" Cantrell asks gently.

 "I want my name on the birth certificate!" Steven says. He glances at Lana and Bud after the words burst from him leaving me biting my bottom lip as Bud glances towards Lana. Lana is silent for a few moments as she looks down at the papers in her hands, she lifted her head to glance at her father before looking at Cantrell.

"I'm happy for Steven's name to be on my son's birth certificate," Lana says. She glances at her father again, he gives a small nod and Lana looks down at the papers she is fiddling with nervously.

"My wife, daughter and I have been discussing it and we think it would be fitting if Kyle also had his father's surname," Bud said then looked at Steven who was sitting there stunned.

"I am sure visitation can be worked out between the adult parties," Bud said as he reached out to give Lana's hand a gentle squeeze. "A copy of the agreement they reach can be handed to the Board to go with the birth certificate for the record."

I watch in surprise as Cantrell gets to his feet with a slight nod towards those seated across from him.

"I will just organise the revised birth certificate now so it is not forgotten with the other results being read shortly," Cantrell explained before moving to talk to one of the others on that side of the table.

I am a bit surprised for a few moments then I remember that they would probably have the official paperwork with them so they can do birth certificates for Malachi and Layla. I glance at Micah, he looked my way as if feeling my gaze on him and gave me a strained smile. I knew he was happy for Steven but the strain of what is to come for us is weighing heavily on him.

It only takes a few minutes for a corrected birth certificate to be filled in, Cantrell passed it to Mal Inness to double check details, Mal then handed it to Bud for approval before it was passed to Doc to sign before handing it to Cantrell Yates to get the official Board seal put on it. Stephan Willoughby stepped close to snap a photo of the certificate then stepped back and watched as the certificate was handed to Lana. Steven leans towards her and she held the certificate so he could see it and read it easily.

"Thank you," Steven said, his voice thick with emotion.

When Bud, Lana and Steven moved from their seats Cantrell glanced towards Micah and I then glanced at the empty seats.

"Would you like to sit down? Sounds like the Dorringtons will be here in a minute or so," Cantrell said calmly. I was watching the driveway where their car was just coming into view and watched it for a few moments.

"Rosy?" Micah prompted when I didn't move.

I can hear his heart beat picking up speed and his breathing becoming deeper, the butterflies in my own stomach have turned into giants that beat their wings hard and rapidly. Suddenly the sound of Malachi's loud pain filled cries reach my ears tell me our son is having a bout of colic, his cries become clearer as whoever is holding him comes to the door of the quarters.

"I'm sorry," I whisper to Micah. I had wanted to stay by his side so we could weather this terrible morning together but I have no option but to turn and bolt for where my son is screaming his pain to the world.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

510 0 4
Waking up in the middle of nowhere with no memory of who she is or where she came from, Melinoe has to learn everything about her life that had been...
146 33 30
She wakes up in a car injured with no memories of who she is. With the help of one person, Eli, she has to figure out the secrets of her past, before...
19.4K 545 4
The dreams start, and Bethi’s very normal life goes down the toilet. She soon realizes the dreams are actually memories from past lives…and not just...
Twisted By S.B.H

Teen Fiction

490 8 13
She misses him, she wonders if he ever thinks of her too now that he's gone. She needs to get over him and find someone new, so that's exactly what s...