Believe! [Completed]

De petrichorluvrs

Minaal was never an outspoken girl. She did what she was asked to do. She said what she was expected to say... Mai multe

Character Aesthetics
Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20 [Last]

Chapter 5

1.6K 127 145
De petrichorluvrs

Two years later

Sitting at a famous coffee shop in a quieter part of London with a document opened in front of her on the laptop screen, she typed a few more words before sipping some of the hot Latte that was placed on the table. The black bordered spectacles she was wearing for work with her hair tied in a messy bun, the coffee and her thoughts she was typing on the document were giving her an incredible feel of comfort. The comfort she always wanted to have.

The UN agency of refugees will be carrying out a visit to the refugee camps in Syria and Yemen to see the difficulties and problems facing the refugees. On the decision of the Human Rights Court, the UN is now also obliged to send financial and material aid for the refugees residing on the camps. This case was incredibly important for me. Working on it has been a great learning experience. The team leader and the team has been amazing. I look forward to the next hearing in two months when the UN is supposed to present a report to court about their findings and the work they have carried out.

As she typed this, a small grin was constantly playing on her lips. Coming to London two years was not a bad decision after all. She had managed to apply for a Masters-degree in Law with a focus on Human Rights. Something she always wanted to do. After completing her masters, she had joined a known law firm and spent a year working as an assistant solicitor. This was her first year as a qualified human rights lawyer and this case was her first. And it was going well. Her law firm, her research and preparation for the case was so strong that the Human Rights Court was persuaded to instruct the United Nations' Refugee Agency to carry out a study in refugee camps in Syria. All her fellow peers, her friends from university and most important her brother praised her for her incredible success in such a short period of time. She was beginning to see the fulfilment of her dreams and nothing was more comforting and satisfying than this.

She finished typing and after saving the document, turned to check her phone and found multiple missed calls from her brother. She shook her head and dialled the number and waited for him to respond on the other end.

"Is everything okay? Mein café mein kaam kar rai thi, phone silent per tha."

"Haan, sab theek hai. Yaar batao tum Sidra se kab milna chahti ho? Woh mujhse naraaz hoti hai ke mein deliberately nai milwa raha ab usey kon samjhae ek human rights lawyer ka bhai hona asaan kaam nai hai."

Minaal chuckled and shook her head at Faiz's over excited and dramatic self.

"Acha baba ab aisi bhi baat nai hai. I was just working on my report but abhi uskey submission mein time hai, ap log ajaein, mein address bhejti hoon apko. Let's meet!"

"Shukriya janab. Bhejo jaldi!"

Minaal ended the call and immediately texted Faiz the address and just smiled to herself with how better life had been. While she was lost in her thoughts, her phone rang again. A sad smile had reached her lips. It was her mother.

"Assalam o Alaikum Ami. Kaisi hain aap?"

"Mein theek hoon. Tum kaisi ho?"

"Alhamdulilah theek. Baba Jaan kaise hain?"

"Bas aise hi hain. Tabiyat ziyada behter nai hui. Ek heart attack or sath paralysation ke sath banda umeed bhi kia kar sakta hai."

A lone tear had dropped Minaal's eye as pang of guilt was felt in her heart.

"Woh tum dono ko buhat yaad karte hain. Bol nahi patay magar unki awaaz mein tum dono ka naam sunai deta hai. Jaise bhi hain aur jaise bhi thay, tum dono ke baap hain. Unse akay mil lo ek dafa."

She wanted to immediately say that she would come but then she didn't want to lie either. She was guilty of his state because somewhat she blamed herself for it. But she also hadn't forgotten the difficult twenty-one years she spent under his authority. She was forgiving. She just didn't have the courage to go back. She didn't have the ability to forget it all.

"Ami, mein abhi bahir hoon. Apko shaam mein ghar jakay call karungi dubara. Apne aur Baba Jaan ka khayal rakhiyega. Allah Hafiz."

"Allah Hafiz."

Zahra closed her eyes and shed a tear and without saying much, ended the call.

-----------------

Two years were no less of a rollercoaster ride for Aariz and Harris either. Both worked in a firm as an employee for over a year and then resigned to begin their own business. Both of the fathers helped them with finding investors but that was all they did. Aariz and Harris were adamant that they wanted to learn and find a way out on their own but on their parents' insistence, they took this much help. Now a year and some months down, Aariz and Harris had set up their business and were receiving investment deals from all over the world and Pakistan. Recently they were offered a good investment from a business firm in London. With the good that the offer came up with, Harris and Aariz both agreed to accept it and were now waiting in a lounge for their first meeting with the board.

"Nervousness horai hai yaar."

Harris had said caressing his hair.

"Ziyada se ziyada kia hoga? Investment ya contract nai milega? Yehi hoga na toh tension kis baat ki hai. We have just set up everything. Our company has just started to progress. Agar koi ups downs aye bhi, its part of the learning. Relax kar!"

Aariz who was calm as the sea turned to his friend and consoled him and gave him a confident boost. He was always good with words. Always good at seeing the good and the positive over the negative and the bad.

"Tum kaise kar letey ho?"

"Kia?"

"Itni positive batein."

"Tumhara asar nai hua mujh per. Isliye positive rehta hoon."

"Acha ab over na ho. Meeting hai zara formal hojao!"

Aariz just shook his head and laughed slightly. Harris was just a mood buster even in the most serious conversations. He was always grateful for everything in life and one of those feelings of gratitude were for having a friend like Harris who always stood by him. The friendship both of them shared was so dear to them that both were even willing to give their life for each other if come the time. They stayed seated for a few more minutes before they were called to join the board members in the meeting room. With a nervous yet assured heart, Aariz patted on Harris' shoulder and walked towards the conference room.

---------------

Two years. So much went on in the two years. Both siblings came all the way to a different country to pursue a different life, perhaps a better life and largely succeeded in it too. Faiz and Minaal had these two years to reflect on the kind of people they were. As brother and sister, their relationship got so much time to develop. And it only got better. The understanding and trustworthy relationship they shared was something both of them held close to their heart and were proud of it. Faiz not only focused back on his work that he had left two years ago but also helped Minaal in getting to a good university to study a course she so incredibly loved.

Only a few months ago, Faiz told Minaal about Sidra. He would have told her way earlier as soon as he and Sidra had realised that they had feelings for each other but Minaal was away to Brussels for the court hearings and meetings, so he didn't want to intervene in her schedule. As soon as Minaal returned, Faiz told her everything about how he and Sidra met at his work place and the way both of them had shared an understanding and a company they both enjoyed. Minaal was over the moon with the news her brother had given her and was so excited to meet Sidra, but it just couldn't happen because of Minaal's work load. Today, this was changing. Sidra and Faiz were sitting right in front of Minaal making her feel all good and content seeing her brother so happy.

"Ek saal hone ko hai aur mein tum sey ab mil rai hoon. Talk about laziness and Faiz. The combination."

Sidra had said making Minaal chuckle and Faiz just shaking his head.

"Nahi actually bhai kab sey keh rae hain. Bas mein toh court hearings aur meetings mein phas si gai hoon. This is my first case and its so time consuming. I am so sorry."

"Arey nahi. Faiz se pata chalta hai ke tum kitna kaam kar rai ho. You should be proud of yourself of how far you have come. It will only get better. Insaniyat ki khidmat karne mein agar sara waqt guzar jae toh khair hai."

Sidra had smiled assuring Minaal whose lips also curled into a smile. Faiz just silently watched the two exchanging a conversation. He didn't need to intervene in between because he was liking the sight in front of him. Minaal and Sidra seemed to hit it off almost instantly and he somewhat knew that would happen because he understood the both of them. He ordered coffee for them all, they continued talking and an hour passed without realising Faiz had said the least in the entire conversation. Sidra had looked over to his side with questioning eyes.

"Why are you so quiet? Kuch toh bolo."

"I am enjoying this. You both carry on."

"Faiz, tum theek toh ho?"

"Bilkul theek hoon. Actually, meine apni pyaari ko buhat kam aise easily kisi se batein karte deikha hai. Toh aj agar woh tumhare sath kar rai hai toh mein kyun beech mein tang araoun."

Minaal's eyes had warmed up with moist as tears were forming. She was about to say something when her phone rang again. It was a call from her boss. She had excused herself and walked to a side to get the call.

"Hi Minaal. Hope I didn't disturb you."

"No William. What's the matter?"

"Yeah, there is an emergency meeting at the headquarters tomorrow at 8am regarding the next hearing. Because you are writing the report, me and Vicky thought we will meet up with you and inform you of everything?"

"Yeah sure. I can come."

"Thanks so much! And yes, before I forget to tell you, the UN agency has contacted many firms in England and in other parts of the world to gather aid to take to Syria. I am told one of the textile companies from Pakistan will be providing clothing aid and their team is also here to meet with the other leading firm so they will be there tomorrow. That will help you too. All this is useful for the report!"

"Fab! I will be there. Don't you worry!"

Minaal had ended the call and had gone back to the table to Sidra and Faiz informing them of the busy day tomorrow. After some more time busy talking, the three then got up and made their way back home. Faiz and Minaal were going to drop off Sidra to her house before heading to their own flat.

---------------

The next morning, she came to the headquarters and entering the conference room, found a seat for her when she sensed a perfume which seemed familiar yet unfamiliar. She moved to a side towards her seat when he had turned to look at her. Because he had sensed a similar fragrance too. Interestingly both had only sensed it once before and two years later they were back in front of each other but still couldn't fully realise who met whom.

Looking over on his side, his eyes fell on her. She was wearing eye-sight glasses. Her hair was tied in a tidy bun and she was wearing a simple black overcoat and was unpacking her laptop bag in preparation of the meeting. Seeing her face, it didn't even take him longer than a second, but he had guessed it was her. The same aura, the same face, the same personality. But the stance was different. She looked more confident and more assured at what she was doing. Just seeing that in front of his eyes had brought a smile on his face.

She continued to set up her things while he just blankly stared at her. As if taking note of her entire being in his eyes to then to look back at. Harris was also busy on his laptop and when he had seen her enter, he had just passed a small smile to which she reciprocated. Before Aariz could say anything, someone had also come in the conference room.

"Minaal! Thanks for coming yeah. I know it was at such short notice. I apologise."

William had come closer to greet Minaal who had shook hands with him but had taken a step back. William was always the over-excited and hyped one. He was a nice boss. An understanding one but without any intention he would go overboard with his actions but Minaal had now learnt on how to deal with those.

"It's alright. So, what's the plan?"

"Well Mr Aariz and Mr Harris are here all the way from Pakistan and their business will be exporting clothes as part of the material aid for refugees in Syria. They have signed a contract with another firm here. So, should be good. Still waiting on other countries to get together and then we will start."

"Brilliant. Nice to meet you-"

Her words stopped midway when she looked at the guy in front of him. She recognised him instantly too. And she didn't know if she was surprised or overwhelmed. Seeing her shocked big eyes wide open from behind her glasses, a small smile broke on Aariz's lips. She looked cute.

"Thankyou Miss Minaal. Nice to meet you too."

Harris had then come forward and greeted Minaal too. She felt a certain awkwardness sitting with them because she remembered him from two years ago, but their conversation had ended on such a bad note the last time, she didn't know how to take this from here.

Few more team members joined, and the meeting commenced. Every company and contributor were going to give a short and brief presentation on what they were aiming to do. The meeting was to conclude with Minaal's concluding words as she was writing the final report before the hearing. As soon as she had stood up to begin, her eyes met his and he knew immediately she seemed nervous. The nervous and reluctant Minaal was still there somewhere. He didn't why and how but he had smiled at her. A full fledge wide smile. She didn't know why and how but that brought a smile on her face and then she looked around the room and began her final words for the meeting with complete confidence.

------------------

The meeting had ended well, and everyone were at the café for some refreshments. He had found her talking to some of the contributors to the project. He had approached the group she was talking to and introduce himself. Conversations started and flowed and then the other team members drifted off to other parts of the café to interact with others while they were left together in their own space.

"Tum buhat badal gai ho. London ne buhat acha asar dala hai tum per."

"Asar toh London anay se pehle hi kisi ki baat ka hogaya tha. Bas uskey baad cheezein achi hi hui hain."

A kind smile had appeared on his lips. She was talking about him. She was talking about the meet in the restaurant and his rant and lecture that opened her eyes. She remembered him even after so many years. It was a good feeling knowing that someone knows you even after this long.

"Aisa kia kon tha jiski baat ko itna serious le liya?"

"Overacting hogai? Ab dunya mein wapis ajao."

He had smirked hearing her sassy response. She had definitely changed. A good change.

"So, how come you became a human rights lawyer?"

This earned him a glare from her.

"No, I mean tumhari toh shaadi..."

"Meine shaadi nahi ki thi. Inkaar kardiya tha. Aur human rights toh mein hamesha se parhna chahti thi."

"Acha hai. buhat acha hai. It's good to see you doing so well in something you are passionate about."

She had mildly smiled in response. Harris had called Aariz from afar so he turned and gestured him that he will join him in a minute. Greeting Minaal by bending his head as a gesture of respect, he turned to leave but her voice stopped her.

"Aariz?"

Aariz. Hearing his name in her voice had made his heart skip a beat. He turned back to her trying to hide his smile but couldn't after hearing her words.

"Thanks for earlier. It was really my confidence boost."

A wide grin played on his lips. Nodding to her as a gesture of gratitude, he turned and walked away to join Harris.

---------------------

Harris saw Aariz all smiling and had twitched his eyebrows in preparation to tease him.

"Do saal se us larki ko bhooley nai ho jis se ek dafa mile thay. Aur ab kisi aur ke sath ke hanstay kheltay arae ho. Aariz waise Khawaja Asif ne theek hi kaha tha. Yaar koi ethics hoti hai, koi haya hoti hai, koi grace hoti hai."

"Harris mere se garam coffee ka cup tum per giray ga agar aur bakwas ki toh."

"Toh kia mein jhoot bol raha hoon?"

"Yaar yeh wohi larki hai jisey restaurant mein mila tha do saal pehle. Aur wohi jisey according to you mein abhi tak bhoola nahi."

Harris almost choked on his tea with his eyes wide open.

"Araam sey! Health insurance nai karwai tumhe kuch hua toh meine ilaaj nai karwana tumhara. Dehaan se, duffer!"

"Arey woh sab choro really! I can't believe this. Lagta tumhare lecture ka asar hogaya tha us per."

"Ab aisi bhi baat nahi hai. Uska apna dimagh bhi hai. Koi robot thodi hai ke jo meine kaha usney kar liya warna mere mein aur uske baap mein kia farq hai."

"Haan yeh bhi theek hai."

Both continued talking for a few more moments but Aariz's eyes hadn't shifted from her. She was having her coffee with a bunch of her teammates. Engrossed in her conversation. She looked beautiful. The simple beauty that had captivated him already. She was talking to someone when her eyes suddenly met with his and Aariz looked away almost immediately. Her lips curled into a smile seeing him look away in the nervousness. She shook her head slightly and focused back on the conversation she was having.

Things were working out. It all was.

----------------

3k!! Too long haina? but I wanted to write one. Hope you liked it. Do give your precious Feedback!!

Continuă lectura

O să-ți placă și

2.1K 159 21
HER- She is not good enough for anyone she thought... HIM- I'm obsessed with her.. Ayesha- A girl with no confidence listening to all the manipulativ...
7.5K 308 45
He is the epitome of being rude and but once he was a soft heart person. She is known to be the most quite person but once she was the most outspoken...
473K 17.7K 39
-When her husband marries another girl- --- There is a price to be paid for giving up your heart. There is a price to be paid for wasting eight y...
10.3K 3.2K 100
THE VOICE OF SILENCE. Sometimes silence describes a situation far better than words ever will, Sometimes a strange set of words describe paints it ye...