Twice x Reader One-shots

By Vorrentis

A bunch of random one shots featuring our favorite K-pop group Twice; some from my imagination, some from req... More

Reader x Dahyun - One Wish
Reader x Jihyo - What's the point? (Part 1)
M/ F Reader x Chaeyoung - That Definitely Surprised Me
M/F Reader x Nayeon - Hurt Again And Again
Male Reader x Dahyun - Promises (Part 1)
Reader x Mina - Player 2
Reader x Sana - Accidents
Reader x Dahyun - Lessons
M/F Reader x Jihyo - What's The Point (Part 2)
Reader x J Line (Momo, Sana, Mina) - You Didn't Mind.
Fem Reader x Tzuyu - Partners (Part 1)
Fem Reader x Tzuyu - Partners (Part 2)
Male Reader x Dahyun - Promises (Part 2)
Reader x Jihyo - Just The Way You Are
M/F Reader x Jeongyeon - Blackout
M/F Reader x Momo - It Was For Her
Reader x Nayeon - Crazy In Love
Reader x Tzuyu - Gone
Male Reader x Mina - It Was You All Along
Reader x Momo - Payment
Sana x Reader x Tzuyu - Gone (Part 2)
Reader x Dahyun - Helping Hand
Reader x Jeongyeon - The Old Self
Reader x Mina - Paid Off
Tzuyu x Sana - Never Forget
Sana x Reader x Tzuyu - Gone (Part 3)
Reader x Mina - Change
Dahyun x Male Reader x Mina - Not Again... (Part 1)
Dahyun x Male Reader x Mina - Not Again... (Part 2)
Reader x Momo - Dense
Reader x Jihyo - Looking Out For You (Part 1)
Reader x Jihyo - Looking Out For You (Part 2)
Male Reader x Tzuyu - My One And Only Love (Part 1)
Reader x Jihyo - Looking Out For You (Part 3)
Nayeon x Reader x Tzuyu - Something Worth Fighting For (Part 1)
Fem Reader x Sana - Together
Fem Reader x Nayeon - Move On (MATURE)
Male Reader x Tzuyu - My One And Only Love (Part 2)
Nayeon x Reader x Tzuyu - Something Worth Fighting For (Part 2)
Reader x Chaeyoung - Valentine's Day
Nayeon x Reader x Tzuyu -Something Worth Fighting For (Part 3)
Reader x Jeongyeon - My Angel
Q&A and 500 Followers!
Male Reader x Momo - Stood Up
Reader x Sana - Sick Day
F/M Reader x Chaeyoung - Brave Enough
Mina x Tzuyu - Check Up
Male Reader x Dahyun - Promises Part 3
A Thousand
Happy Valentine's Day (Very Short OneShot)
M/F Reader x Jihyo - Secret Admirer
Male Reader x Nayeon - The Usual
Male Reader x Dahyun - Promises Part 4
Male Reader x Chaeyoung - Getting Over It (Part 1)
Male Reader x Dahyun - Promises (FINAL)
Reader x Chaeyoung - Getting Over It (Part 2)
Reader x Momo - A Day Of Fun~
Twice pics
Male Reader X Mina - Blind Love (PART 1)
M Reader x Dahyun - Therapy Sessions (PART 1)
Male Reader x Mina - Blind Love (PART 2)
Concert Pics
Reader x Jeongyeon - I'm Not Over You (Part 1)

M/F Reader x Mina - Beauty And Love Takes Time

13.2K 240 108
By Vorrentis

TWICE LIGHT CONCERT PICTURES AT THE BOTTOM

ENJOY

================================

As far as summer jobs went, working part-time at the mall's makeup store wasn't the worst.

Sure, Mina had to deal with the same terrible customers in the mall over and over again.

She had to explain their returns policy so frequently she was starting to have nightmares about receipts and broken makeup seals.

She'd long since learned that every complaint was best handed off directly to Dahyun, one of her friends that worked with her, preempting the customers' empty threats to ask to see the manager.

But it wasn't all bad.

Mina loved makeup.

She loved its transformative power, how she could turn the meekest girl confident with some carefully placed pigments and choice swipes of mascara.

She never got tired of spotting what had to be beauty gurus or Instagram models in the aisles of the store, dressed to perfection, chatting excitedly to their cameras before turning them towards the shelves.

Mina liked her coworkers too.

She never talked to all of them, but she grew close to several few including Kim Dahyun and Minatozaki Sana.

Their manager/boss, Park Jihyo, ran a tight shift around the place, but she was kind to be friends with.

Every person under her management was fully capable of everything from cleaning up spilled loose glitters without leaving a trace to executing a perfect recreation of a single photo of a makeup look.

It made Mina swell with pride, thinking of the people she esteemed so highly and of how Jihyo considered Mina her a high employee to their staff.

But...

Mina had never thought that she'd come around to view the customers as a bonus treat.

Sure, she enjoyed it when they sincerely thanked her, saying they'd mention her helpfulness to the manager or a survey.

She was proud when they gushed over her makeup looks after a makeover.

But she'd never before had someone who could only fall under the classification of cute walk into the store.

================================================

As Sana and Mina were at the registers with no one in the store.

Sana was fixing her nails and Mina was bored out of her mind.

She was scrolling through the playlist of songs of Dahyun had made for the store, mixing the ones that were in, when she chanced to look up just as a girl/boy walked in through the glass doors.

DING

Mina looked up.

"Welcome tooo-"

She was baffled as Mina's voice trailed off mid-sentence.

She was witnessing a teen coming through the doors looking around as Mina was in awe.

The person had the most perfect everything she's ever seen.

Stunning...

Cute...

and just jaw-dropping handsome/beautiful...

"Sorry?" You said as you went closer to her.

Mina could only stare at you as she couldn't say anything else.

"Welcome to XXXXX, need some help?" Mina heard behind her and looked to see Sana asking in a cutesy manner.

"Oh no thank you, just looking around." You said as Sana nodded and you went down an aisle.

Mina kept her stare as a hand snapped in front of Mina's face, interrupting her view of you, leaving her blinking, disoriented and a little perplexed.

"Earth to Mina?"

"...Hm-What?" Mina said looking at Sana as Sana smirked at her.

"Aww~ looks like you're in love~"

Sana was smiling wide, smirking like she knew exactly what Mina had been thinking.

And so what if she did?

Mina huffed, annoyed.

Sana ought to let her ogle you as much as she wished.

Sana also knew precisely how boring long shifts could be, how one searched for entertainment in the midst of them, no matter the form...and it looks like Mina found her entertainment.

Mina rolled her eyes as she resumed her staring at the aisle where you walked down.

She then saw you in front of her as she averted her veiw as you walked up the aisle.

A perfect view of you as your eyes were wide and getting wider still as you examined the various packets, an unease growing on your face.

You kept a good two feet distance between you and the contents on the shelves, as if afraid of stepping any closer.

Mina's heart did a funny thing when she saw you, now moved onto the sample tools at one of the stations.

You'd found one of the sponges, and was squishing it between your fingers, watching the foam depress and reform.

You were now adorable, Mina added.

Adorable and cute...a lethal combination to Mina.

POKE POKE POKE

Sana poked at Mina's side, interrupting Mina's thoughts.

"Just talk to her/him Mina." Sana said a bit loudly as she pointed at you.

Mina wide eyed and went to put Sana's hand down.

"Sana. Quiet."Mina explained in a low tone in her face. She then saw Sana'a eyes averted as Mina quickly looked back.

Only to her luck, it was at that precise moment that you were looking in their direction.

Your lips parted slightly as your eyes darted from Mina to Sana, and back to Mina again as MSana looked away and back to Mina's sight.

Mina felt her face heat up.

Had you overheard them?

Her arms tightened across her chest, then she let out a sigh.

No...no way right?

Not with the music pumping through the store, covering their sounds.

"What's s/he doing?"Mina asked Sana as she kept her gaze on Sana.

"S/He's not looking."She responded as Mina looked back.

You were looking away from them to a sponge in between your fingers as you stared at it, then dropped it in the trashcan and darted down back the aisle and into another.

"Sigh Sana, what the heck."Mina was now giving a frown the her co-worker.

"What? S/He can't hear us."

"Still..."

Sana merely giggled as she looked over her.

She then caught you going into another aisle.

"Hehe...looks like s/he's lost. Better go help her/him Mina...or should I go-"

Mina was already moving to get out from behind the counter, out towards the front of the store in the direction of the end cap where they'd last seen you.

Mina heard Sana giggle behind her as Mina huffed and marched away.

Let Sana tease her.

She was about to talk to the cutest person who'd walked into the store in perhaps all her time working there.

Mina found you frozen to the spot in front of the eyeliner section.

She saw you tense up, your bare shoulders lifting up to your ears.

Mina pondered why as she stopped in her tracks.

Maybe you had heard?

Maybe she was making all this awkward?

Maybe she shouldn't be bothering you?

Maybe you were just another customer, who knew what they were looking for, and was bothered by her help and-

'Sigh'

Mina saw your pout.

'Oh god s/he's so cute!'

Then again, maybe it was best that Mina provide you with some top-notch customer service.

Mina plastered the brightest smile on her face as she walked up to you.

"Do you need help finding anything today?"

You turned to look at her, eyes still wide as saucers.

You pointed at your chest as if Mina could have been talking to anyone else, and that was all it took for Mina's customer service facade to crumble.

She laughed.

You were so cute that Mina couldn't handle it.

Mina bit her lip to keep the rest of her giggles from escaping after the initial outburst.

She didn't want to make the person feel any more self-conscious.

Not when you were already clearly feeling so out of place.

Mina nodded, confirming that, yes, she had been offering help to her.

"I...I was told to pick up the new, uh," you scrunched up your nose, struggling to remember what, exactly, you'd been told, "eyeshadow...thingy?"

Mina nodded, again.

It was a start and she could work with that.

But she couldn't resist a quick little jab.

"Okay, well. Just so you know, you're looking at blushes right now. Not eye shadow thingies."

She smiled sweetly to soften it, though, so you would know she wasn't making fun of you.

Slowly, a rosy hue rising up on your cheeks.

"Oh...okay uhmm..." you looked at the blush display again, "makeup can be complex sometimes."

Mina laughed.

"They totally can be."

Just then, another customer slipped by her, skirting around them to the foundations just by the blushes.

Mina felt some of the warmth that had been filling her subside.

She had a job to do, like it or not.

And you really were looking for something after all.

Mina couldn't waste both of their time, as much as she was tempted to.

Switching to a more professional demeanor, Mina asked.

"Did your friend happen to mention the brand of the eyeshadow she wanted?"

"Friend?" Mina waited patiently.

Then, impossibly, your face got even redder, "Ah yeah yeah..."

Mina's ears perked up.

"Geez, uh. Yeah, my friend mentioned something about a new product? Something with...star in it's name?"

"Ahh, I think I know what your friend wanted you to get. Follow me..."

Mina helped you to the eyeshadow section, finding the newest release pallet with ease.

She'd just restocked the section an hour ago; the palette had been selling quick.

It seemed like you weren't into these cosmetics...oh well Mina thought.

Mina eyed you discretely as you scanned the palette to ring her up, wondering exactly what kind of friend you had.

Friend or more than friends?

You passed your card over, and Mina just about died when the tips of their fingers brushed up against each other.

Cliché she knows.

But the brief moment of contact was enough to make you go pink all over again.

When Mina looked up from scanning the card, to issue a very restrained "Here you go."

She saw the pink dusting your cheeks again.

"Great." You took your card as you smiled at Mina, still looking a little helpless, but gratitude was there, too.

Mina felt like she could've melted on the spot.

That is, until you finished her sentence, "thank you very much."

You said with a bright smile.

God, just that made her felt weak.

On autopilot, Mina managed to close out the transaction.

"A-anytime. Our returns policy can be found online. Have a good day." She waved at you as you waved back.

"You too. See you around."

You smiled brightly once more, which only made the pain present in Mina's chest twinge harder.

She was baffled at herself.

How had she managed to acquire a crush on a total stranger within minutes?

After you left the shop, Sana sidled around from where she'd been hidden behind a nearby display, no doubt eavesdropping on the conversation that had just taken place.

Mina felt dawning horror that the awful end to the interaction with the stranger hadn't gone unnoticed, and her fears confirmed just seconds later.

"Nice one Mina. Only a couple of stutters, but you made a great first impression." Sana said holding two thumps up as Mina held her face in her hands, hiding her embarrassment.

"So is s/he coming back?" Sana asked.

"I-I don't know." Mina said as Sana shook her head.

"Mmm, well I'm guessing s/he'll be...I'll bet on it." Sana said as Mina looked to Sana's smile.

'I hope so...'

=============================================

THE NEXT DAY

Mina lamented her mind on you and it rendered her dumb and mute.

She hadn't even thought to try to ask for your number, too devastated.

She was resigned to never seeing you again, never getting a second chance.

After all, you didn't seem the type to come here of your own.

Currently, she was helping an elderly lady picking out some eyeshadow.

Mina stood there bored as she observed the elder pick out one by one and checking the prices...only to then put them back in the wrong slots.

Mina stared forward, trying to get something else on her mind...that is until someone walked past the aisle.

It was a slight second, but Mina knew who crossed it.

"Miss?"

Mina averted her attention to the elder holding up one stick of eyeshadow.

"Where's the lipstick?"

"Uh, so the latest lipsticks are actually just in the next aisle over." Mina blurted out, interrupting her own offer to lead the customer to the product. "Sorry, excuse me."

Mina then went over the elder and where you just walked across.

She turned her head and saw you again.

You were standing just in the middle of the store, not moving, eyes roving as if in search of something.

"Over where?" The elder sounded confused, but not annoyed, so Mina would take that as an out.

"There." She pointed out as the customer nodded and went away.

Mina then cleared her throat and didn't quite run over to you, but it was close enough.

She pulled up before you got the chance to see her running though, slowing to a deliberately casual pace.

When you noticed her, your whole face transformed.

It was a sight to behold, the shift from confusion to joy back to something that looked almost flustered.

"H-hey," you greeted, stuttering, then frowning at yourself for the mistake.

Mina smiled warmly.

"Hey. Didn't think I'd see you again so soon. Was your friend not satisfied?"

Your frown deepened, a crease appearing between your brows.

"Sorry?"

"Was the Star palette the one they wanted?" Mina tried again, laughing a bit too airily, feeling inexplicably nervous.

She usually found it so easy to convey her words to people.

With you, it was harder...much harder.

The stakes felt higher.

Mina wanted to leave a good impression, which only made it more difficult.

Luckily, comprehension dawned on you, smoothing out the crease between your brows.

You smiled, different from the ones Mina had seen before (not that she was keeping track of them or anything).

Their ones felt sheepish, almost forced and glad to be done with the service of Mina.

Yours, however, felt...at ease, relaxed and more soothing to her...something she could see every day.

You scratched the back of your neck; your eyes darted away from Mina's.

"Oh...yeah, they loved it," you laughed, self-deprecating, "they were actually so surprised I managed to find it. And I have you to thank since it was all you."

Mina's heart stuttered at your compliment, as over the top as it was.

Her cheeks were going to start aching from all the smiling she'd been doing lately.

She probably looked insane, grinning just having a completely inane conversation with you.

She shook her head, reminding herself to at least not be entirely obvious.

You appeared oblivious so far, but she couldn't continue to rely on that.

"Anyways, what were you looking for this time? Something for your friend or...yourself this time?"

You tittered nervously, shifting to the side as a pair of people came in through the door behind her.

Mina angled to align herself with your sight to avoid the two and focused on her.

"Sorry. I just came here for a gift for my sister now."

Mina smiled...it wasn't for your friend again.

"Okay then. We might need to narrow it down a little. Does she have a favorite brand or type of item? Or were you thinking more along the lines of skincare and beauty treatments?"

Your confused face made a comeback.

You looked helpless.

It took Mina's entire strength and willpower to hold herself from laughing.

Taking pity on you, she offered up a suggestion.

"Or...you could just get her a gift card and, like, some high-end lotion or something. Everyone likes lotion."

"Oh," your voice was small, but grateful, "...yes. That'll do. She'll definitely appreciate that I think."

"Excellent, follow me then." Mina then turned around as you followed her.

-------------------------

Mina helped you find some suitable lotion, a surprisingly hard task, due to you apparently not knowing your own sister.

Seriously, you couldn't even remember her favorite scents or anything of her favorite brand.

Mina though was grateful...it meant more time with you.

But with enough time and thought, Mina had an idea.

She'd picked one she knew she herself owned.

It was scented, but it was a unisex scent that anyone should enjoy.

Coconut, rich and luxurious; the smell alone transported Mina, making her feel like she was about to head out to spend a day on white sands at some tropical location while dancing on the fine sand and water.

She unscrewed the top of the jar, took a hesitant sniff, and then her eyes went directly to yours.

You looked like you wanted to say something, but you weren't sure about it.

Mina smiled at you.

"I think she'll love that one. It's one of my favorites." She admitted as she handed you the bottle.

You then sniffed the top and your eyes widened.

"It smells really good." You said, the sincerity in your voice making Mina's cheeks heat up.

She recalled using her own jar of the lotion that morning...and wondered if traces of the fragrance were still detectable on her and you were complimenting her.

"Thank you." she said...and then she hit her head internally.

"No problem?" You said slowly as you didn't know why she was thanking you.

'Stupid Mina!' She thought to herself.

They stood there, at an odd standstill, neither making a move towards the checkout counter.

You had a smile on your face that was small and crooked, lifted up higher on one side than the other.

Mina smiled shyly back.

.

.

.

.

.

"Mina do we have...opps sorry." Mina saw Sana at the end of the aisle as she looked embarrassed and Mina remembered she was meant to be working.

"Oh...I uh, right this way then." Mina said as she blushed and led you to the register...little did she knew you were blushing as well.

As they were checking out, you both were silent.

When Mina finally handed a bag over to you, the lotion and gift card within and your card...as she read your name on it.

"So...(YN) right?"

You looked at her with a slight smile.

"Yeah (YN) is my name..." You said as you got the card back.

'(YN)...' Mina like the name...it suited you.

"So what's your name?" You asked looking at her.

It was a bit of an awkward stare, but it made Mina's heart skip all the same.

If you were asking her name, maybe...just maybe...

"Mina. Myoui Mina." She responded.

Your face broke out into a wide grin.

"Mina," you repeated, then, "cute name."

Mina's heart did more than a skip.

It somersaulted in her chest.

She stared with wide eyes at you, who froze, the grin sliding off your face as easily as it'd grown there.

You looked horrified.

"...I-I...bye."

Then you were turning, stalking away, near-jogging in her haste to escape Mina.

Mina shook herself out of the warm reverie the word 'cute' had sent her into and stared at the entrance from behind the counter.

Mina sighed, placing her head in her hands against the counter,

"Cute..."

Sana then came about as she saw Mina in a state of happiness.

Sana was holding a pretzel and looked very much like she was trying not to burst out into laughter.

"Don't," Mina warned, "don't even start." Mina said as she didn't want to ruin the moment.

"Wasn't going to." Sana lied.

Mina shook at Sana.

"Seriously don't Sana."

Sana's shoulders slumped as she couldn't even protest Mina.

Sana took a forlorn nibble at the pretzel, pursing her lips when it happened to be a bite with a lot of salt.

"So (YN) huh?"

Mina looked to Sana with a slightly jealous look.

"How do you know his/her name?"

Sana giggled.

"It's on the receipt, their card." Sana pointed down as she saw your name.

"Ohh...sorry." She said as Sana hummed.

"Why don't you just ask her/him out next time?" Sana pointed out.

Mina then looked frightened. "I'll go at my own pace Sana. Besides, s/he might not ever come back."

Sana smirked.

"S/He came back a day later. Don't worry. Besides at least we know s/he thinks your name is cute~"

Sana said as she left to help a customer as Mina felt her face get red.

"Sana!"

=====================================

TIMESKIP

ONE WEEK LATER

Mina has now met you a total of three times.

And all three were about makeup...only makeup.

You did come in two days after the second time with the lotion and you both made some small talk and that was about it.

Mina waited on her shifts each hour to see if you would come though the doors...only for you not to be there and leaving her sad for the day.

On her day offs. She would tell Sana to see if you did came and tell Mina that you did.

And now...now she wished Sana didn't know about you and Mina.

Mina had just about had it with her other coworker, Dahyun.

When she turned around to pick up another handful of lipsticks to continue stocking a depleted lipstick shelf, there Dahyun was, grinning with her signature eye smile and trying to get some info out of Mina.

"So~"

Mina whined.

"Why me? Isn't there literally anyone else you could talk too?"

Mina loved her, she did, really.

Mina had already gotten in trouble enough times for Sana the past week and Dahyun was pushing it since Sana told her about you and was now pestering Mina about if you and her were something now.

Dahyun shook her head, undeterred, her smile unwavering.

"Nope. I don't want to bother the other workers."

Mina gasped.

"So do you just not care if I get fired, is that it?"

Dahyun paused far too long before replying, "Of course not. I just enjoy spending time with you." Dahyun chuckled warmly, and Mina's anger dissipated.

It was impossible to stay angry with Dahyun for more than a span of seconds.

She wasn't going to let herself be distracted, though, not when Jihyo's appearance was inevitable.

She bent down, grabbing another handful of lipstick tubes, and went back to stocking.

"Here, let me help."

Dahyun was suddenly picking up some assorted products as she stood before the shelf.

Mina raised a brow at the unexpected act of charity.

"What's brought this on?"

Dahyun's eyesmile was gone, a determined look in its place as she placed lipsticks in their position, as Dahyun spoke up, starting slow.

"Well I wanted to help you."

"Help? No no Dahyun I got this."

"Isn't that what you said about a week ago...and what's your status now?" Dahyun smirked as Mina rolled her eyes.

"I'll get there...eventually."

"Do you need me to talk to him?"

Mina's eyes widened a bit.

"No. I don't need you to talk to him."

"Come on. I could be a good wing girl. What do they like? Food? Movies? I need the info Mina."

Dahyun looked to be on a mission as Mina shook her head.

"No, no way Dahyun-" Mina froze...you just came through the door.

Dahyun turned around and quickly put two and two together.

"Is that him/her?" Dahyun pointed at the door and swiftly Mina turned her head and saw you passing by with a group of people as you looked straight into their store, looking around as you went down another aisle.

"Okay okay good, now it's the time to talk to him/her." Dahyun turned around.

"What-no Dahyun...Dahyun!"

It was too late as Dahyun was walking towards the entrance.

"Dahyun, get back here!"

She picked up her walking pace, chasing after Dahyun in an odd, slow paced race.

Dahyun was looking more and more panicked by the second, her speed walking frantic.

She reached Dahyun after chasing her halfway through the store, issuing fervent apologies to shocked-looking families and couples as she passed them by.

Mina surged forward and caught Dahyun's hands and dragged her into an aisle.

"No Dahyun."

Dahyun then turned around as Mina's face was close to her to keep her from escaping.

"Mina I can-"

"No No No No!"

Dahyun struggled a bit to get off as Mina got closer to hold her still.

"You are not-""Let me go-"

"...M-Mina?"

Mina's mind just about ceased operating.

They both turned to see you at the end of the aisle.

"(Y-YN)..."

Your name was all she could manage.

She froze on the spot, her grip on Dahyun's hand must have tightened considerably because Dahyun let out a choice curse.

You were standing in front of them as you looked, in increasing confusion, from Dahyun, to Mina's, to Dahyun, then back again to Mina.

Mina swore she saw your looks and wondered what you were looking...oh...oh no...

Both Mina's and Dahyun's bodies seemed sewed onto each other as they felt each other's bodies.

Mina holding Dahyun's hands as Dahyun grabbed onto Mina's waist from pushing to get out of the struggle.

Mina saw how dangerously close her face was to Dahyun's...and closer between each other's faces and they would be-

She immediately let go of Dahyun's body and just said the first words that came out of her mouth.

"I-I-It's not what it looks like."

Mina gestured between she and Dahyun, as Dahyun picked up what Mina was saying "...oh oh no no no." She said with her arms flailing in front of her.

You just held a hand up.

"Oh, I wasn't-"

"I mean why would she be trying to be with you with while dating someone else?" Dahyun added.

.

.

.

.

.

.

Mina's eyes widened.

Dahyun's eyes widened.

Your eyes widened.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

Well...crap...

That was out there now.

No taking that back.

Mina heard Dahyun gasp beside her, picking up on what she said.

Mina felt her cheeks go suddenly blazing hot.

You looked too taken aback to react.

Your lips parted in shock.

When no words came out from between them, Mina's heart dropped.

It hurt, like a real wound to her chest, not hearing anything back from you.

Which was so, so stupid.

She barely knew you, had spoken to her just three times.

The total sum of their interactions probably spanned a half hour and, even then, comprised mostly of talking about makeup.

"...W-what?" your tone was soft, as if you were saying some secret.

Mina's lower lip threatened to wobble, and she bit it to keep you from seeing.

She looked down to the ground, to the store tile.

"Our break!" Dahyun's voice pierced through Mina's dejected haze, "Break, yes ahh let's go, Mina."

Dahyun took Mina by the hand, and led her away.

Mina let her.

She closed her eyes, screwing them shut, trusting Dahyun to keep her from running into anything as they ran out the store.

------------------------------------

TEN MINUTES LATER

No word was said between the two girls as they left the store.

They both fled into the restrooms as Mina locked herself in a stall as Dahyun stood out the stall, apologizing over and over again, but with no response.

Of course, the break was a lie and they just left the store unintended with only their manager...Park Jihyo.

Dahyun realized it and she quickly told Mina...Mina very slowly unlocked the door and Dahyun saw her defeated face and tears.

Dahyun then hugged her as Mina just stood there.

After guiding Mina and looking around for you, Dahyun felt the coast was clear as she helped Mina inside the store.

Jihyo was waiting for them, standing just behind the register and looking mad.

She seemed ready to chew them out.

Then, she made eye contact with Dahyun and Mina as they walked right in.

"I hope you two have a very good rea-...Mina are you okay? What happened?"

She saw Mina's look as Mina just shook her head left and right.

"Something bad happened." Dahyun muttered.

-------------------------

Jihyo let Mina spend the rest of her shift in the backroom, under the pretense of taking stock.

But there was only so many times one could check that the number of palettes and brushes had remained unchanged.

She listened to the faint sounds of the store's music filtered through the thick storeroom door.

She'd just finished counting a box of brushes when...

BOOM

Dahyun burst through the door, suddenly, causing Mina to drop her clipboard.

Scowling, Mina turned to Dahyun and glared.

"Dahyun I don't-"

"(YN) was just asking for you."

Dahyun's words lifted up Mina's spirit.

Mina felt betrayed by her own body, at the little stutter-stop her heart pulled upon hearing your name.

She didn't know what you wanted her for, but it couldn't have been anything good.

Maybe you were going to ask her not to ask for her service anymore if s/he ever came, for daring to flirt with you.

That seemed like something s/he might do...

"...And?"

"I said you'd gone home," Dahyun shuffled her feet, "I didn't think s/he would want to see you look so gloomy."

Mina sighed.

"Oh god..." She said as she looked up at the roof.

"Mina I'm so so sorry, I-"

Mina held her hand up.

"No Dahyun...just no..."

Dahyun felt bad...really bad.

"Mina-"

"Dahyun please just...I just want to be alone-"

"S/He also told me to pass a message to you."

Mina's heart skipped, again.

She pressed her palm flat to her chest, trying to make it behave, feeling it thud beneath her fingers.

"W-what?"

"Just that s/he was sorry and s/he wants to talk to you tomorrow."

Mina forgot how upset she was hearing that.

She made a face trying to imagine those words coming out of your mouth.

Dahyun shoved her hands into her pockets.

"S/He actually apologized for being 'dumb' the past week and said that s/he hoped you'd forgive her/him for freezing up back there too."

Mina's corner of her lips lifted a bit.

"Anything else?" Mina wanted more.

"Yeah...s/he was really sad that s/he couldn't see you."

That did it...

Mina smiled as she turned around and hid her face from Dahyun.

Mina felt something fluttering in her chest, a sensation, light and airy.

Something a bit like hope.

She tried to erase it, because a request for forgiveness didn't necessarily mean much.

But it was hopeless.

She was weak for you.

"Okay...thank you Dahyun."

"Yeah...and I'm sorry Mina..."

And with that she left Mina alone in the inventory...and her thoughts about how tomorrow was to going to be.

=====================================

Despite her appearance in the store yesterday, Mina was utterly convinced she'd never again see you.

At least, not for a while.

She figured you solely wanted to apologize and leave it at that.

She certainly hadn't expected to see you in the store the very next day even if Dahyun said so.

In a moment of cowardice, upon spying the back of your head, Mina felt like fleeing.

She knew Jihyo would let her spend another shift in the storeroom, that she was still sympathetic from yesterday.

But Mina steeled her nerves.

She wasn't a coward.

And, besides, she needed to hear you out.

Maybe, by the end of their conversation, they could forget Dahyun's blabber and become real friends...in a very very slight chance.

Mina thought she could handle that, that being friends with you might be better than nothing.

She was already imagining showing you around the aisles, them joking together, falling back into casual conversation.

She could deal with that.

She was definitely alright with that.

Mina took a deep breath, and stepped up to you.

She tapped you on your shoulder.

"Hi."

You whipped around, your expression sliding from surprise to relief upon seeing it was Mina behind you.

"Hey."

Despite everything that had transpired, Mina smiled back.

She couldn't help herself, not when it came to you.

"Do you have a minute? I could come back on your break-"

"I can talk now."Mina gulped.

"Great." You smiled, scratching the back of your head, mussing your hair further.

Mina restrained herself from reaching forward and setting it right herself.

"Listen...about yesterday."

Mina bit her lip and started getting red.

"I know, I'm sorry about all that...I understand if you don't-"

"Mina, someone needs help on Aisle 4."You both turned around as Mina saw Jihyo with two baskets in her hands.

"Uhmm, she's assisting me actually." You said as Jihyo nodded.

"Oh sorry. Mina when you finish, get on the register. Jeongyeon called and couldn't make it today." Jihyo said as she left to the right of the aisles.

Mina then turned around to you.

"It seems like we're busy. We can talk during my break-"

"I need you though." You said suddenly as Mina's eyes widened.

Your eyes too as you realized what you said.

"I-I actually need some help again." You said looking away.

Mina looked straight at your embarrassed face.

Mina's heart was pounding and so was yours as both seemed to be in a lock.

"You do?" Mina said as you nodded.

And from that little nod; that fluttery feeling was creeping up on her all over again.

"Yeah...yeah, I do. And maybe we can chat during?" You said as you looked back at her.

Mina's mind was catching up.

She nodded, slowly, at odds with the quick pace of her heartbeat.

"O-oh okay yeah...then let's get to it." she said.

"Great." You said smiling. "Lipsticks, she collects a bunch. Which is why I'm here. It's her birthday in some days." You said waving at your right. "but I wouldn't know which ones are the best or...look good."

Mina then swallowed her saliva as she offered something.

"Well...if you want...I can try some on me as a test."She explained as you looked at her funny.

"What?"

"M-maybe if you saw it on me, it'll help you decide."Mina explained as you nodded.

"O-okay."

Mina then grabbed four sticks and you followed her to a nearby mirror.

"Okay now the first one is a magenta color, I personally like this one a lot."

Mina uncapped a stick as she twisted the tube for the color to come out.

She slowly and carefully put the lipstick on her lips.

"S-So about yesterday...was your friend serious?" You said as Mina's eyes widened and twisted her head to you.

However she left the lipstick on her and create a magenta streak on her face over to her cheek.

"W-what?"

You then chuckled as Mina looked confused.

You pointed at the mirror and Mina turned to see her face as she wide eyed.

"Oh god...geez." She then picked up some tissues and started to rub her mistakes away.

"Don't. You look...cute still."

Mina stopped and turned to you as you nodded with a bashful face.

"Your friend...was it true?"

Mina didn't know what to say or do...instead she nodded.

And to her surprise...you smiled.

"Great because I wanted us to be something to too." You said as Mina was stunned.

"R-really?"

You just nodded.

And a spellbinding moment, they both paused, looking only at each other.

Their faces were close enough that Mina could feel your exhalations ghosting across her lips.

Upon noticing the sensation, Mina's eyes dropped to your mouth.

To your lips, just barely parted.

She wondered...how they'd feel...on her own lips.

"(YN)..."

"Yeah..."

.

.

.

.

She then lunged towards you...her brain not working as she started to kiss you.

Then you felt your lips on hers, and could focus on anything but this.

You felt your lips more evenly with hers, and both of each pair of eyes slid shut as you both fell deep into the kiss.

It felt like it had barely begun; but each lips were just parting against one another as you both swerved their heads in unison.

Then you both leaned back as you both felt your lips unsticking from one another as you both felt hot in each face.

"..."

"..."

You both just merely smiled at one another as the music was drowned out and the customers were silenced.

Mina's lips tingled, and she pressed the very tips of her fingers to them, to confirm that they were as kiss-swollen as they felt as your smile said it all and both heart's beating wildly.

"Not that I'm not happy for you guys but, uh, you're breaking some of the store's rules right now," Sana's voice was heard as both you and Mina looked to her with a smirk.

Both you and Mina were stunned as you realized you had an audience.

Mina looked away and you stared at Sana.

"...She...was showing me...lipstick." You came up with words, unable to say anything and as Mina looked stunned at the floor.

"I can tell...you got some all over your mouth. That's some hot new technique to show some off our product Mina~"

Mina then glared as she turned to her friend.

"SANA!"

Having successfully embarrassed them, Sana turned to go.

"Hehehe..."

Mina watched her giggle and ran down an aisle as Mina grunted.

Then, steeling herself, Mina turned a shy eye towards you as you turned to her...she realized what Sana meant and started to laugh a bit.

She then pointed at the mirror and you turned to see your magenta looking lips.

You both laughed at the mess as you both looked towards another.

"When's your break?" "Are you free in an hour?"

Both of your word's clashed as you both realized what the other said and smiled.

"An hour." "Definitely."

Both again answered as the words clashed.

You grinned, probably coming off a tad maniac with the color and grin, and carefully took hold of your phone and handed it to her.

She quickly inserted the digits to her phone number on it.

When she finished off the last number she handed it back, but cradled your hand within her own.

"Don't be late."

You looked aghast at the thought, "Never."

Mina's chest was so filled with that fluttery feeling she felt near bursting.

"Cool...I uhh, really do have to go back to work now." Mina confessed, guiltily.

You nodded.

"That's okay."You said, "maybe we should clean ourselves up first."

Mina nodded her head immediately.

-------------------------------------------------------

After a cleanup, card swipe and a goodbye, you then left the store, waving to Mina as she waved back behind the register.

Once you turned the corner, Mina dropped her hand...and turned around and smiled widely as she giggled in her hands and jumped a bit up and down.

"So looks like someone has a date~" Sana said as she came near Mina and Mina nodded as Sana joined in on the cheering.

VIBRATE VIBRATE

Mina then felt her pocket buzz as she took it out.

Mina's phone lit up with a text alert from an unknown number as she was seeing the name.

She smiled stupidly at the message, just a simple one.

'Can't wait for our meet up...oh it's (YN) btw.'

Mina could only smile hard as she saved the new contact in her phone.

Mina then felt a hand on her shoulder as she turned to see Sana's face with a smile.

"Nicely done Mina." Mina then smiled.

"Thank you Sana."

"Sana! Mina!"

Both girls hustled as they heard Jihyo's booming voice across the store as they got on the registers and called for the next customers.

Mina however only had two thoughts in mind.

You.

And her date with you.

============================================================

AND THAT'S THAT.

HERE ARE SOME PICS I TOOK. JUST A FEW AS I HAVE MORE TO SHOW LATER ON.

SANA BEING CUTE/PRETTY/ADORABLE/BEAUTIFUL/HOT/SEXY/ALL OF THE FREAKING ABOVE

NAYEON BEING THE DEFINITION OF CUTE

TZUYU WAVING GOODBYE TO US...TO ME!

THE SEXY VERSION OF HEART SHAKER

SANA, DAHYUN AND TZUYU DANCE TO BEYONCE...I LITERALLY LOST MY BREATH AND SOUL

SANA AND JIHYO GOOFING OFF

THE END PICTURE OF THEM AND THE CROWD...THEY SAVE A SPOT FOR MINA.

JEONGYEON CRYING AS SHE GAVE A SPEECH ABOUT MINA

AND MY FAVORITE PICTURE.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

6.9K 117 18
Twice oneshots out of my imagination. Twice X Female Reader Reminder that this is my first book and please support me and my book, thank you. Ranks: ...
79.7K 2.1K 24
Nayeonie, Jeongyeon, Momo Sana, Jihyo, Mina Dahyunie, Chaeyoung, Tzuyu They are my beloved Twice! One shot stories, ships with all the members.
4.9K 115 4
SANA × NAYEON one shots
17K 357 30
Twice Oneshots and Short Stories: Can be as a group or as ships May entertain Requests as long as I'm not busy If stories have mature content. It wil...