Just Say The Word

Brianna_Alexis द्वारा

Mackenzie Davis is quiet and shy. She doesn't concern herself with typical teenage girl things, like boys, sh... अधिक

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 7
Help!!
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Sequel Update
Bonus Chapter: Liam's POV Chapter 1

Chapter 6

679 21 1
Brianna_Alexis द्वारा

I have a small case of writer's block. I mean, ik how I want this story to end and sort of play out, I just don't know how to get it there without writing too much or too little. So yeah..I'll just keep trying. Thanks for reading. :)

I paid the cashier for my new headphones and plugged them into my iPod as I walked out. Immediately, Green Day's "Let Yourself Go" began blasting into my ears.

Quickly, I turned it down and stepped out of the store and into the main floor of the mall.

It had been 2 weeks since the whole encounter with Liam. I hadn't seen him- scratch that. I hadn't tried to see him since that day. I didn't visit the beach, I didn't go to my favorite music store, and I even avoided going to Basking Robins..just in case.

If he didn't want to accept my apology, I wasn't gonna act like the loser he said I was and stick around him. As much as I wanted his friendship, it honestly wasn't worth it.

I sighed and walked to the juice bar they had just built on the second floor. Without realizing it, I had gone the whole day without a single thing to eat. As if to second my thought, my stomach gave a low growl. God, I hope no one heard that.

The store was really trendy. It had a tropical theme, with almost everything being orange. I'm talking curtains, walls, tables, counters, Liam's shirt.

Liam's shirt?

Slowly stepping up to the counter, I noticed him standing off to the side, waiting on his order, I presumed.

I inwardly smiled. Who would of thought that out of all the places I had been avoiding him at, I'd find him at Tropi-Juice?

The cashier cleared her throat. She was a blonde chick, with cozy brown eyes, a warm smile, and a pretty nice figure. In a way, I envied her. She was so simple it was pretty.

"Hi, ma'am. How may I help you?"

I glanced at her name tag. I had a habit of always calling people by their names if I knew it. Hers was Kylie.

I looked up at her and smiled. "Hi, Kylie."

Liam's head snapped up at the sound of my voice.

It took all the strength I had not to look at him again. "I'll have a Banana Apple twirl."

Kylie rung it up. "Anything else?"

I shook my head.

"Three Ninety Two is your total."

I paid Kylie and stepped off to the opposite side as Liam. I could feel his eyes boring into my side, but I wouldn't look. I wouldn't be the first one to speak..especially after I'd apologized to him and he publicly humiliated me.

I heard him sigh. "Hey, Stranger."

A smirk made its way onto my lips. He'd cracked first.

Slowly, I spun around to face him. That was a mistake. He looked gorgeous. His bright blue eyes sparkling, as if he was glad to see me, his dirty blonde hair ruffled into the perfect bed hair style, his pink lips slightly curved into a half smile, half smirk.

"Hi," I muttered, trying oh so hard to keep the joy in my voice masked.

He raised his eyebrow. "Am I crazy or are you glad to see me?"

I squeezed my lips shut into a thin line before replying, "I'm leaning towards the latter."

Liam shook his head. "Aw, come on, Kenz. You can't still be mad at me," he twisted his face into a sour look. "Can you?" He seemed to plead.

Yes, I wanted to scream. I apologized and you made a fool out of me in front of your friends. Worst yet, I had been deluded into thinking that we might've actually been friends. You called me Alien, you called me a loser. "No." Stupid mouth. Stupid Liam. Stupid breathtakingly gorgeous smile. Stupid rock hard abs. Stop!

Liam gave a warm, yet cold smile. It makes no since, I know. His smile seemed genuine, but now I could see something in its beauty that I hadn't seen before. It was kind of tense, uncomfortable.

He was embarrassed to be seen with me.

My heart caught at the thought. We could probably never be friends. He'd never want to be seen in public with me.

Liam looked at me with expecting eyes. "So what do you say?"

He had asked me a question. I shook the thoughts out of my head. "What do I say to what?"

His smirk returned again. "Geez, Kenz. You're like a blonde." He winked, ruffling his own blonde hair.

A smile played at my lips. He could be so goofy.

"I said," he spoke, extra slowly, "do you want to get out of here? Go somewhere more private?"

My eyebrow raised, unintentionally.

"To talk," he added with what I was beginning to see as his trademark smirk.

I rolled my eyes. "Sure."

Kylie handed both of us our Smoothies with a warm smile and goodbye.

Liam turned to lead the way out of the store, but I stopped him.

"Just..don't rape me in some deserted alley," I added slyly before walking in front of him. If this is what it felt like to be one of those amazingly hot popular girls, I could get used to it.

Liam took me to a local park. It was kind of small compared to most of the other Parks in our city, but I personally thought it was the prettiest. It had a secluded garden with an array of flowers on one of the lesser traveled paths that most people didn't know about. I knew, and from the looks of it, so did Liam. With little to no small talk, he quickly led us to that garden and that thought I had earlier about him being embarrassed to be seen with me struck again.

Those thoughts quickly dissipated when Liam's quick footsteps slowed and then stopped completely. Glancing up, I realized he had stopped and was now staring at me, smirk evident on his face.

"Did you say something?" I asked, confused.

He shook his head. "No, just admiring the view."

I smirked. "What view?"

"One from outer space."

I bit my bottom lip, playing along. "Got you seeing stars, has it?"

He took a step forward and my breath caught. His smirk grew even larger at this.

Suddenly, he was only inches away from me, his body heat creating beads of sweat on my stomach in the already hot climate. I didn't look up, out of fear of our faces being too close.

I could hear the smirk in his voice when he spoke next. "Oh you have no idea."

Liam's hand went up and I felt his fingers start to stroke my cheek. It was a sweet motion, really, but it made me react in ways I can't even describe. It was like someone had lit a fuse in my brain and it was two seconds away from exploding. Heat traveled from my cheek to to my chest and then...lower. My eyes widened in surprise at how I was reacting and I shoved him. Hard.

Now it was his turn to have his eyes widen in surprise. Except, he looked..angry.

"Mackenzie, what the hell?!"

Slowly and deliberately, I motioned to the ground, in the middle of a wide circle of sunflowers.

"You brought me here to talk, remember?" I questioned him with my eyes.

Regaining his composure, he smirked and plopped down, ripping a leaf off of a sunflower and shredding it. "Are you going to sit down or what?"

Smart-ass Liam was back, I saw.

Liam's POV

I smirked up at her from my perch on the grass. Her cheeks were heavily flushed and she looked a little scared to sit next to me..like she might not be able to control herself if we were too close.

I hadn't even meant to do that to her, I'd just been trying to prove a point, that even she could fall for my popular charm. Honestly, I hadn't really even thought it'd work. Maybe she had a stupid school girl crush on me?

She sat down, carefully and at least five feet across from me. I smirked.

"I don't bite."

She gave me a disbelieving look. My smirk grew.

"Okay, maybe I do."

She gave an amazing smile. I could honestly say that this was the first time she'd given me a full on smile and it was enough to make my heart rate accelerate just that much.

She cleared her throat. "So what did you want to talk about?"

That threw me. I hadn't actually wanted to talk about anything. I just wanted to make sure that she had forgiven me. Why? I don't know.

"Um," I said, scrambling. "Well, I thought you might want to talk about some things."

Her smile dropped slightly and I started to regret my words.

"About the other day.."

Here it comes.

"Are you..embarrassed to be seen with me?"

My throat went dry. "I uh.." looking into her beautiful brown eyes I knew I had to lie. The naivety in them made me realize that this wasn't just a game with her. She had a heart, a really soft one that was subject to being broken at any moment if I wasn't careful. "Of course not," I smiled. "Why would I be?"

For a moment I thought she wouldn't believe me. Her eyes stayed glued to my face and I worried that she could see right through my lie. But after a few seconds her gaze let up and she smirked.

"I don't know," she replied. "I just thought it might ruin your Rep."

I inwardly let out a breath and warned myself to practice my lying skills cuz I was really slipping.

I sent her my most breathtaking smile- so I've been told. "Being seen with a beautiful gurl would ruin my Rep?"

Author's Note :  

Is this the longest chapter I've ever posted?? By golly, I think it is. :) Hip hip hooray! Anywho..just had to get this up before I called it a night. I've got school tomorrow and I'm really sleepy, so goodnight, goodmorning, and good afternoon. 

Buenes Noches!

PS : I have no commenters. (I like that word..even if it doesn't exist?) so please please leave me a comment!

PPS: Rawr! (which in dinosaur either means "I love you" or "I'm gonna eat you") 

Kinda weird to say if its the second one, huh? 

Eh. You get the point.  

Next chapter when the mood strikes again. :)

पढ़ना जारी रखें

आपको ये भी पसंदे आएँगी

1.3K 17 33
I'm just your average nerdy 17 year old girl, Jordan Peace. Well not really.. I have to go home everyday to a drunk man you'd call my father. He beat...
The Bad Girl Attack Jae द्वारा

किशोर उपन्यास

1.4M 44.1K 92
"You're mine. And I don't think you wanna go against that." Her eyes dangerously darkened. He gulped, and nodded a yes. --- Everybody has a story. An...
The Badboy's Brat. thelavishwriter द्वारा

किशोर उपन्यास

53.6K 3.7K 96
Second place winner in the Teenfiction category, Eternity Awards. #3 Highschool #1 Lovetriangle #30 Romance - 31/12/2020 #33 Teenlove #1 Billionaires...
3.8K 22 17
Brianna Dawson, the smart one. All A's but never the social type. She spends her times hiding from others. Ryan Jonathan, the bad boy of the school...