Leaning on You(FF7)

By Mrs_Strife

COMPLETED First book: Lean on Me Life's looking up for the members of Avalanche. They're starting families... More

1
2
3
4
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
14
15
16
17
18
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
32
33
34
35
36
37
38
39
40
41
42
43
44
45
46
47
48
49
50
51
52
53
54
55
56
57
58
59
60
61
62- The End

13

71 4 0
By Mrs_Strife

~Vincent's POV~

The three of us stand in front of Shinra Mansion, weapons equipped and ready to go. We got a recent call saying that there was a man dressed in black with long hair and wicked sword. Cid stamps the butt of his cigarette out and rests his spear on his shoulder. I highly doubt that Sephiroth will die this time, but there's always the slim chance of .0000000000001. Cloud stares at the front door of the dreaded building before finally speaking up.

"Ready?"

"Let's just get this over with," Cid grumbles.

"Right." He nods and opens the front door. Obviously the only place this man would be is the study in the basement. It's just like him. Dark, creepy, bad memories revolve around it. It must be horrible to be an alien injected being. Oh wait... Oops... Sorry Cloud! Wait, what about me?!?! Chaos is a demon, not an alien. Well that's makes things better. Note the sarcasm.

We walk through the ugly wallpapered rooms until we get to the "secret" door that leads to downstairs. Luckily none of the stairs break on our way down, though I wanted to push Cid off for being so loud. Silence is not this man's friend. Cackling can be heard from the study at the end of the long hall, strong and malicious. My heart thumps a little harder in my chest at the thought of having another go at killing this devil. Yuffie took my cast off just before left and my ankle was just fine after an intense Cure 3 session with Tifa that involved mostly making out and tickling.

"Yes, we shall soon rule the planet, Mother. It will be done this time. The plans are already paid out. The staff is now mine. All we have left is for me to break the materia free and we shall be the rulers and rightful owners of this human infested world. We'll have to set out a few mouse traps for the pests, won't we?" He chuckles darkly and turns the page of a book, his back to us. How did he get the staff? Cloud's bewildered look meets mine and Cid just looks like he's confused.

"I have all of Avalanche's deaths planned for you too. Yes, even the children shall suffer for what their parents have done. Well the older boy has participated in their cruel activities, Mother. I think I might over dose them with your cells and turn them into blood thirsty monsters to rip their parents apart with. Or inject them with too much mako and then they will slowly die of level eight mako poisoning." Cloud tenses beside me. Sir if you run over there and blow our cover before we figure out what he's up too, I will hit you upside the head with a branch.

"The littlest girl? Hmm... I don't know, what did you have in mind? That's perfect!" His demonic laughter rings through our ears, making the hair on the back of my neck stand up. "So I shall. Cloud and whoever the brat's mother is won't even know what's coming for them. Just think about it, their precious children, dead and mangled before them. It's genius, Mother!" Okay, now I don't blame Cloud for leaping at his worst enemy. Sephiroth spins and blocks his attack as if he was expecting us.

"I was expecting you," he sneers. ... No comment. That's just weird.

"You should have been," Cloud shoots back, swinging again. That's right Cloud, you clobber him with that big stick! Oh geeze, I'm going crazy like Cid already.

"I wouldn't be so rude, I might just have something you treasure held captive," he smirks. Cloud pauses and Sephiroth takes the chance to kick him over, the tips of his boots firmly pressed to his opponent's wrists. If only I could get a clear shot...

"Who do you have!" Cloud demands, glaring up at him.

"Oh, just those two little demons that you seem to be fond of. Nothing too serious."

"I don't believe you," he spits, but his voice betrays him in the shakiness and softness that it holds. We'll if there's one way to unnerve this man, just go straight for his family.

"Oh, and your old man, so I'd be careful."

"I still don't believe you!"

"Really?" He reaches over and grabs a walkie talkie. There's no shooting him now. That is, if he's being honest. It crackles for a second before voices ring through. "Hey Kara, daddy wants to talk to you," he says tauntingly.

"Daddy?" A small voice echoes out. A successful smirk spreads across a the villain's tight lips. Cloud's eyes widen the smallest bit.

"Where's Daddy?" Mikey's voice comes next. Cloud keeps his mouth clamped shut and doesn't breathe a word. Besides a short string of curses he spews out at Sephiroth after he puts the electronic device down.

"Let them go!" Cloud yells, kicking Sephiroth off of him. Both men roll to their feet, swords clashing. Stay still... Sephy pulls a palm sized light blue ball from his pocket and drops it to the floor.

It shatters with a crash, a wave of force slamming Cloud back into the wall and knocking him unconscious. That's when we step in. I fire the last of my few bullets at our enemy, two of the five hitting his right bicep. Cid covers for me while I reload, chucking his lance at the man, which lodges in his side. Cringing, the insane person yanks the weapon from his body and it clatters to the floor. Unarmed, Cid looks vulnerable, but I move a little slower while loading my weapon, mostly out of curiosity. What would this guy do in a situation like this?

Sephiroth smirks, going to stab at the pilot, but Cid rolls out of the way and sweeps one leg out, knocking him off balance. Not bad, Gramps. Fumbling awkwardly, Sephy tries to get to his feet, but Cid slams one fist onto his jaw, knocking him back down. Then he moves quickly when my gun goes off. The villain hisses in pain when a bullet tears through his leg and he yanks a familiar disc from his pocket before disappearing. I holster my gun and kneel by the unconscious blonde's side. Somehow, I manage to get him on my back and have Cid lead the way out here. One of my hands hangs onto both of his wrists, which are around my neck tightly. I finally make it up the ladder and into the Shera after a long struggle with Cloud's heavy body. This is hurting my shoulder a lot.

"In the back," Yuffie nods toward me and the man hanging off me.

"This is painful," I wince, following her back through the ship.

"Here you go," she opens up a door and lets me pit him on the table thing. Then I walk back out to the cockpit. Tifa spots me and frowns, walking over with a look of concern.

"You got a cut or something on your forehead."

"Huh?" I swipe my forearm across my head, which comes back red with blood. I don't remember getting cut there, but oh well.

"You okay?"

"Yes, why? It's just a cut, Tifa," I laugh.

"You're eyes just look weird," she frowns, observing my face. I sigh and press my mouth to hers momentarily.

"I'm fine, don't worry about me. I'm gonna go take a shower because I'm a sweaty and stuffs."

"You do that," she rolls her eyes with a smile.

The ache Cloud caused in my shoulder only gets sharper as the hot water cascades down my back. I try my best to ignore it until I get out of the shower so that I can check it out. Of course there's no mirror, that's just my luck. With a reluctant sigh, I pull my clothes on and reach out towards the handle to leave. A sudden flash invades my vision, a sharp pain zapping through my brain. I jump and frown, blinking. What was that?

Shrugging it off, I reach for the door handle again. This time the pain comes back way worst, involuntarily bringing me to my knees. On clutch my ringing head, a high pitched noise hurting my eardrums and my shoulder throbbing even worse than before. The voices... They whisper evil things in my mind, calling me their slave, taunting me. I force myself to rip the door open, stumbling for the cockpit. I feel like I'm not in control. The work I'd rocking, spinning, tilting. My head feels light, but the screaming pain is still there. My hands move my from my temples to my ears, trying to block out the whispering, the torment.

"Vincent?" Tifa looks extremely worried as I walk into the room. I trip over my own leg in my desperate attempt to run from the voices. You're my slave. We are bound as one and you shall do as I say.

"Get out!" I yell, shaking my head violently. Tifa kneels by my side, Kunsel following.

"Whoa, what's going on man?"

"Out of my head!" I help shout again. Suddenly it feels like electricity is zapping through my head, the pain so great that I can't tell if I'm screaming or not. I feel invaded. I feel possessed. Get out of my head... You belong to me now.

Kill the girl, kill the man.

Then Mother will take us to Promised Land.

We all know that you want to do die

There's no way you could lie

The voice continues its tauntingly creepy rhyme as the pain intensifies. I can feel peoples' hands, can hear distant shouting and fighting, cool air reaching through to my skin as something tears the flesh on my back open, my hot blood pouring from the wounds. There seems to be a pressure in the corner of my mind that draws me toward the darkness. Come join me in my lair, where I lurk in the depths of your mind. I almost succumb to the numbing feeling of passing out. But then my hearing seems to be better and I can hear the sound of fabric ripping and my body growing larger. What is happening?!

"Oh Vincent," I hear someone gasp and then something stabs through my mind, splitting my vision into nothing but total darkness. Darkness... My friend. My home. Where I belong.

That's it, my friend. It's where you belong.

SO... YEAH, I JUST HAD TO DO THIS ON VINCENT'S BIRTHDAY, DIDN'T I? GASP! HAVE YOU ALREADY FORGOTTEN THAT OCTOBER 13TH IS OUR BELOVED VINNIE'S BIRTHDAY!?!? SHAME ON YOU... ALSO, I JUST REALIZED THAT CID AND AERIS SHARE A BIRTHDAY. HOW TACKY IS THAT?!

V

O

T

E

♦♥♦♥♦♥♦♥♦♥♦♥♦♥♦♥♦♥♦♥♦♥♦♥♦

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

12.8K 448 65
~COMPLETE WITH SEQUEL~ THESE CHARACTERS BELONG TO THE MAKERS OF FF7. CREDIT TO THEM FOR THE CHARACTERS AND PAST STORY. Cloud Strife is back. He's ret...
31.8K 513 21
Okay this is not my drawing or picture it belongs to someone else. You, Cloud, and Tifa known each other since you three were little kids, but you an...
5.2K 111 10
New York City is supposed to be the place of big hopes and even bigger dreams. But when Cloud and Tifa reunite there more than a decade after separat...
45.7K 676 22
Disclaimer: none of these pics/ drawing are mine unless I say so, I do not own any of the characters they are simply from final fantasy 7!! Warnings:...