45 Days to Save the Bad Boy

Galing kay AwesomeMC

Georgie Talbot is a nerd. She gets bullied daily, but does nothing to stop it. One day, a creepy man who is... Higit pa

45 Days to Save the Bad Boy
One
Two
Three
Four
Five
Six
Seven
Eight
Nine
Ten
Eleven
Twelve
Thirteen
Fourteen
Fifteen
Sixteen
Seventeen
Eighteen
Nineteen
Twenty-One
Twenty-Two
Twenty-Three
Twenty-Four
Twenty-Five
Twenty-Six
Twenty-Seven
Twenty-Eight
Twenty-Nine
Thirty
Thirty-One
Thirty-Two
Thirty-Three
Thirty-Four
Thirty-Five
Thirty-Six
Epilogue
Fun Facts! *May contain spoilers*

Twenty

30.1K 1.2K 131
Galing kay AwesomeMC

Hooo boy George, have I got a lot to tell you.  Before I start gossiping though, I should get the important stuff out of the way.

Operation 45D:

Today is Day 23.  Slightly over 20 days left, and I still have no idea what I’m doing.  Go me!

I now have two partners in crime.  Dallas, if he’s still helping me (he’s been acting weird lately), and Peter.  I don’t know what made Peter change his mind about the “stay away from my cousin, he doesn’t need your help” thing, and we didn’t really bring it up during our chat.  I’ll have to ask him later today.

Breton still shows no signs of suspicion, so I don’t think he knows I’m supposed to be saving him.  In the meantime, we’ve gotten closer.  I don’t think I like him as more than a friend, but he’s cute and nice, really nice, and he listens to me, and likes me (if Peter and Dallas are telling the truth anyway).

Okay, I can’t take it anymore.  Gossip time!  Remember when someone wrote on my table, and I was sooooo mad, because what sort of monster does that to a table, and then I forgot about it, mostly?  Well, Peter wrote on it!  Because he wanted to talk about his “feelings for me”.  That’s right.  Peter Joel had a crush on me!  What a weirdo.  Anyway, I learned this during lunch, and right now school’s almost over and I’m sitting in study hall.  

Oh, Peter said more too, but it’s not really important because it’s forgiven and forgotten.  The main thing is he liked me.  Ha!  Both of the Joel boys have liked me at one point or another.  (Obviously, they need a doctor.)  I think when this is over, I’m going to activate a new operation.  Operation Cupid, to be exact.

(It’s a long story George, and I don’t have time to explain.  I’ll tell you later.)

Here comes Breton.  I need to ask him for a favor.  TTYL, George.

I closed George and stood as Breton approached, trying to casually dust off my bottom and thighs while holding a notebook-slash-journal.

“Hey Breton!” I greeted him cheerfully.

“Georgie,” he replied with a nod.  “Am I taking you home today?”

“Actually, if you don’t mind, yeah.  I was just gonna ask you.  Normally, I like walking, but Dallas needs a favor tonight, and I need to ask my mom and then get to Dallas’ quickly.”

“So…you want me to drive you home, them to Dallas’ house?”  Breton looked confused.

“No!  Sorry, just home is fine.  Lucas is picking me up to bring me to Dallas’ house, because we’re supposed to be brother and sister for a night, which is weird.  It all makes sense when Dallas explained it though.  I’m going to pretend to be Dallas’ girlfriend while his boyfriend is going to pretend to be my brother.  That way Dallas and his boyfriend can have dinner with Dallas’ family, and his parents won’t freak out.  He hasn’t come out of the closet yet.

“Speaking of which, isn’t it weird that it’s a closet?  Like, what does the closet have to do with anything?  It’s literally just a closet.  The phrase could probably be something like ‘come out of the cupboard’ or ‘come out of the drawer’ or just ‘reveal your sexuality’.  Oh!  Is it because closets are people-sized?  Because that would make sense.  Don’t you think?”  I looked at Breton.  His eyes were closed and the expression on his face told me that he was either trying not to laugh or praying for patience.  Maybe a little bit of both.  My mom used to have that look all the time.

I wasn’t even doing anything, really.  She would just get really fed up with me.

“Mom!  Hey Mom!  Can I have a sucker?  Not one of the unicorn suckers, but a dummy sucker?  Please Mom?” four-year-old Georgie asked.

“Georgia darling, I’m on the phone.  You can have a treat later, okay?”

“Okay Mom.  Who are you talking to?  Is it ‘portant?  Is it the sucker people?”

“I told you Georgia, it’s called a lollipop.  Not a sucker.  And yes.  It’s really important, so I need you to go play in the other room.”

“Okay Mommy.”  I wattled into the other room on my little legs and looked around for something to play while Mommy was on the phone.  

Looking up at the big shelf with all Mom’s books on it, I ‘membered Mommy saying books were fun.  I looked between Mommy’s big books and my little books.  If my little books were only a little fun, Mom’s books must be big fun.  I tried climbing the shelf.  Halfway up, I saw a very large book sitting on the top shelf.  It had a D and a I and a C and a T and more letters like O, N, A, and Y.  I wanted it.  Climbing higher, I grabbed for the book and yanked.  It was stuck, so I began pulling the other books off the shelf.  “Too many books,” I sang.  

Finally the DICT book was the only one left.  I grabbed it easy, but it was heavy and it fell.  “Darn it,” I said in my little voice.  I remembered Mommy telling me not to say that.  “Sorry Mommy,” I said sadly.  “Bad Dorga.”  I slid into the empty shelf and hid my face.  “Bad bad girl.”

“Georgia!” Mommy said.  “Georgia, where are you?”  She sounded scared, so I thought I would make her laugh.  Looking down from the shelf, I saw her looking through all the books I dropped.  “Sweetheart, where are you?  Are you okay?  Georgia?”

“I up here Mommy!” I cried, waving from my hiding place.  “Up here!”

Mommy looked up.  I thought she would yell at me, but her eyes closed like she was praying to Jesus.  Then she smiled like she was gonna laugh, but she didn’t.

“What are you doing up there?”

“I wanted to play with the big books.  I like the D-I-C-T.”

“The dictionary?  You climbed up there to get a dictionary?”

“Yup!  I’m coming down Mommy!”

“No Georgia!”  Too late.  I slid out of my spot and fell off the bookshelf onto the pile of books.

“Ouch.  Mom, my leg hurts.”  Tears streamed down my little face as I poked my leg.  Suddenly, I began to sob.  "Mommy, my leg hurts a lot, Mommy!"

I ended up in the hospital with a broken leg and a sprained wrist.  And the stupid big book didn’t even have pictures.

Mommy had that funny look on her face again a month later when I tried to buy a monkey from the zoo.

“Mommy, Chunkers wants to come home with me!”

“You can’t take a monkey from the zoo, Georgia!”

“His name’s Chunkers, and I was gonna pay for him!  I brought all my moneys!”

“Monkeys are more money than twelve cents Georgia.”

“Oh.  That’s dumb.”

Mommy sighed and her eyes closed again, but I knew she wasn’t mad ‘cuz she was smiling.

“Sorry Mommy.”

“That’s okay sweetheart.  Come on, let’s see if the zoo store has any stuffed monkeys for you to buy.”

“Stuffed with what?”

“Georgie, you are something,” Breton finally said.

“I know.  Something awesome,” I agreed, walking towards the parking lot.  “Now let’s go Taxi Man!  I need to get home and dress in something a girlfriend would wear.”  Frowning, I turned towards Breton.  “What does a girlfriend wear to meet their boyfriend’s parents?”

Sighing, Breton followed me.  “Come on.  You’re going to need some serious help.”

“No,” Breton said for about the fifth time.  “Definitely not.”  We were in my room, searching for an outfit I could wear tonight.

“What’s wrong with this outfit?” I demanded to know.  I’d been trying on different outfits for the past fifteen minutes, and Breton still hadn’t approved a single one.

“Nothing’s wrong with it.  It’s fine.  But for a meet-the-parents dinner, you need to be wearing an amazing outfit.  That is just how things work.”

“Fine,” I huffed and walked back into my closet.  “But I’m running out of clothes.”

“Don’t you own a skirt?  Or a dress?” he asked.  I heard my bed springs creaking and assumed he was standing up.  Sure enough, seconds later he was standing at my shoulder.  I continued to flip through my clothes.  

“I don’t think so.  I haven’t worn a dress since New Years like 5 years ago.”

“Would your mom have something you could wear?” Breton suggested.

“Maybe… I think we’re about the same size actually.  I’ll run and check.”  Turning, I realized that Breton had kind of trapped me in the closet.  His large form took up enough room that I couldn’t squeeze past.  “Breton?  Can you, like, move?”

“Hm?”  Breton looked away from my sparse collection of outfits and seemed to realize what was going on.  “Oh, sorry.”  He stepped away, allowing me to pass, then went right back to searching.  “Seriously, why don’t you own any relatively girly clothes?  You have to have something that you need to dress up for at least once a year.”

“Well, yeah, I guess I have Christmas with my mom’s family.  Actually, one of my cousins gets really into it.  It’s funny because she’s such a quiet girl.”  I stopped talking for a minute as I stepped into my mom’s room and began to dig through the mess that is her closet.  Finally, I found a dress I thought would fit me.  “The thing is though, she loves holidays,” I continued as I stepped back into my room.  “Easter, Valentine’s Day, Christmas, Halloween, she does them all big time.  I think she gets it from her parents.  She’s super fun though.  

“But anyway, I usually wear some nice jeans and a pretty shirt with my good boots, and then Natalie, my cousin, fixes me up with jewelry and maybe a scarf, and does my hair and makeup.”  I frowned.  “Am I going to have to wear makeup tonight?”

“Duh,” Breton said.  He was back on my bed, repeatedly throwing one of my pillows in the air and then catching it.  “There’s nothing in your closet that will work.  What did your mom have?”

“I found a dress that might fit me,” I informed him, walking into my closet and shutting the door behind me.  “Close your eyes.”

“You shut yourself into the closet, I can’t see anything anyway,” he said.

“I don’t care.  Eyes closed, now.”

He sighed, and I’m assuming he closed his eyes.  I changed as quickly as I could while being in a small closet.  My hand banged the door while I removed my jeans.  

“Ouch.”

“You okay in there?” Breton asked.

“Fine.  Just having some difficulties.  Close your eyes.”

“They are closed,” he replied.  “Geez.”

“Geez,” I mimicked in a high-pitched voice.

My arms knocked several hangers down as I pulled my shirt off my head.  “Oops,” I said quietly, before grabbing the dress and pulling it down over my head and shoulders.  I tugged it to make sure it was on all the way, then opened up the closet door.

“What do ya think?” I asked, showing off the dress by adding jazz hands.  “Ignore my striped socks please.”

Breton looked for a minute.  He tilted his head to the right, then the left.

“Can you take off the socks?  They’re really distracting,” he said.  I took off the socks.

~~

This is very much a filler chapter, sorry.  But it's literally all Breton and Georgie, to make up for not having much Breton in the last chapter.  

My favorite part is Georgie's flashback to her toddler days.  I just love it so much!  She makes a mischievous infant!

Next chapter will be longer, and also important.  Breton's opinion about the dress, a short explanation about friends, meeting at Lucas' house for the dinner, and maybe even meeting Dallas' parents.  

I'm trying to finish this story before NaNoWriMo starts, because I have a great idea for a new book.  (I'll tell you more about it later)  However, that probably won't happen.  Either way though, I will be updating more frequently!  *cue the applause*

Alright, that's all!  Let me know what you think of the chapter!  If you like it, please vote!  And remember, I never say "no" to new followers!

Ipagpatuloy ang Pagbabasa

Magugustuhan mo rin

811K 21.2K 200
𝘱𝘢𝘳𝘵 𝘵𝘸𝘰 𝘰𝘧 𝘣𝘵𝘴 𝘪𝘮𝘢𝘨𝘪𝘯𝘦𝘴 (𝘳𝘦𝘲𝘶𝘦𝘴𝘵𝘴 𝘤𝘭𝘰𝘴𝘦𝘥) * 𝘺𝘰𝘶 𝘴𝘪𝘨𝘩 𝘩𝘢𝘱𝘱𝘪𝘭𝘺 𝘢𝘧𝘵𝘦𝘳 𝘤𝘰𝘮𝘱𝘭𝘦𝘵𝘪𝘯𝘨 𝘵𝘩𝘦...
2.4M 58.9K 46
EDITING [I marched up to him, "Where the hell were you? I thought something happened to you. Did you not care enough to..." My rambling was cut short...
1.6K 115 36
"after what you did to me..do you think i'll ever want to be close t you?no never i'm just here because of the higher ups..nothing less nothing more"...
306K 10.4K 31
Having a crush on someone is what everyone goes through at one point in their life. They'll see someone and they think that they are attractive, or t...