Twenty-Six

“Breton,” I announced when the movie was over.  “I’m going to bring your inner child out!”

“My inner child?” Breton asked, reaching for the last slice of pizza, which had gone cold long ago.

“Did you ever wonder why I am so awesome?”  I answered his question with a question.

“No,” he muttered teasingly.

“That was a rhetorical question,” I informed him grouchily.  “Anyway, I am so awesome because I have let my inner child out, to become a part of my personality.  We are going to do the same for you.”

We?” he asked.

“You and me.  Me and you.  Georgie and Breton.  Breton and Georgie.  Us.  We.  The B.G. Duo.”

“So, how do we do this exactly?” he asked, playing along.

I rubbed my hands together evilly.  

“I’m glad you asked.”

Day 27 - Saturday

George, today Breton and I recreated some of his favorite childhood memories.  We bought ice cream from his favorite shop, one that he hasn’t been to or even thought of for years.  

(I see you judging us for having ice cream in early October.  Get over yourself.  Have some cookie dough ice cream.)

Then we walked through the park and sat on the swings, playing a mild game of Truth or Dare.  I dared him to lick the swing he was sitting on.  The game ended after that.

Day 28 - Sunday

After mass I met up with Breton, and we went through all his old school supplies and found his childhood diary.  

Things I learned about Breton: He had a huge crush on his first grade teacher, once threw up on half of his class during a presentation in sixth grade, and really really liked Superman boxers.  Also was quite fond of sweets, hiding chocolate in his closet and drawers and under his bed and pillow.  

Get this.  He kept a record of what candy was hiding where and how many pieces he had left, making notes when he needed to re-stock.  We looked in all the spots and found at least ten pieces of chocolate that he never ate!  Greatest scavenger hunt ever.  Of course, we had to throw out the expired stuff, but surprisingly a few pieces were still good to eat.

Day 29 - Monday

I got several tests back in school: 1 90%, 1 95%, and 1 85%.  It’s progress.  

Also talked to Dallas, who seems slightly nervous about something, especially towards Peter.  Investigate?

Breton and I handed out balloons to random people in the park after school.  (We were careful not to give any to kids without asking parents first.  Otherwise that would be creepy.)  We got lots of smiles and laughs.  Breton smiled a lot too.  It was nice to see.

Day 30 - Tuesday

I’m nervous George.  Really nervous.  15 days left in Operation 45D, and I have no idea if I’m making progress.  Peter has been practically MIA all week, skipping classes and avoiding us (Breton, Dallas, and myself) at lunch.  I didn’t know Breton before.  From what I can tell, he’s a bit more carefree, a bit more loose, and bit more open to other people.  But I don’t know!  I need Peter, where is he?