The Harlem Way

By CHOCstories

If I tell you, you belong to me. Would you be mine in reality? And not just in my mind. I'm so tired of being... More

01. A Day In The Life Of...
02. Do I Know You?
03. Damn...The Weekend.
04. Reaching Out.
05. Get To Know Me {Part 1}
06. Get To Know Me {Part 2}
07. To New Beginnings
Drive-In Movies & Red Velvet Cupcakes (Short)
08. A Different Side.
09. What Friends Are For
10. Feelings & Truths {Part 1}
11. Feelings & Truths {Part 2}
12. The Proof
13. Street Cred
14. Consequences
15.
16. My Side Of Town {Part 1}
17. My Side Of Town {Part 2}
Meeting Lexington (Short)
18. A Little More Of Me{Part 1}
19. A Little More Of Me {Part 2}
Fellow Readers/Followers!
Girl Talk (Short)
20. Bad News
21. In The Name Of Crazy
22. My Dirty Little Secret
23. All Of Me
24. Back On Track {Part 1}
25. Back On Track {Part 2}
Boo'd Up|Ella Mai Style (Not So Short)
26. Take You There {Part 1}
27. Take You There {Part 2}
28. This Is Reality
( Short)
29. Congratulations
Birthday Boy (Short)
30. Thanks Greetings {Part 1}
31. Thanks Greetings {Part 2}
Breakfast With Friends (Short)
32. Civilized Conversations
34. Moment Of Truth
Here's A Little Advice (Not So Short)
35. Letting Go
36. It's Your Birthday {Part 1}
37. It's Your Birthday {Part 2}
Author Questions
It's Still Your Birthday {Short}
It's Still Your Birthday {Not So Short}
38. Back At Home
{Short}
39. Christmas With the Morgans & Hamptons{Part 1}
40. Christmas With the Morgans & Hamptons {Part 2}
Breakfast With New Friends {Short}
41. New Years Cheers
42. {Part One}
43. (UPDATE! CAN Y'ALL SEE IT?)
44.
๐ŸŒน

33. Caught

10.2K 500 574
By CHOCstories

Sarai' Morgan

"He has to be going through something Rai', that's the only thing I can think of...I don't know." Manny guessed. I stopped by his boutique to shop for my birthday trip. I still had items in my closet with price tags yet here I was buying more.

"But why not come to me?" I sighed. Manny shrugged. "I mean I know why he won't but he agreed to at least try." I rambled on. Jah had been on my mind all night so I could barely sleep. When I left work, he was still sitting in the parking lot, trying to convince me to come home with him. He literally had me outside in the cold fussing with him for at least 20 minutes.

Pissed was an understatement.

He was acting so different last night and I felt many ways about it. A mixture of disappointment, anger and frustration. The behavior he displayed wasn't him at all. "You said that he was high, right?" I nodded, continuing to look through the rack of clothes. "You think he's doing hardcore drugs?" He wondered. "He was on something last night...I saw it in his eyes." I spoke sure of myself.

I wasn't crazy.

I knew the difference between a regular high and a high high.

As far as I knew, Jabri only smoked weed. Other than his eyes, the slurred speech and scratching gave him away. "What did he say?" Manny asked. "He lied." That's what pissed me off even more. He's always been honest with me so him lying now had my mind racing.

Had me questioning what he was doing when I wasn't around.

"He's not opening up to me and it's becoming frustrating. He tells me one thing but does another. And last night he just acted an ass. He was aggressive and he's not usually like that." I pouted. I believe Jabri when he tells me that he'd never hurt me physically. But, last night displayed that he possibly could when under the influence. He didn't hurt me but the grabbing was unnecessary.    

"I thought he was doing therapy?" I shook my head at that. "He lied about that too. Mrs. Teylor told me that he hasn't been back since his first session. Which he didn't even finish because he walked out. Of course she didn't tell me why due to confidentiality." I shrugged. I wasn't looking for Mrs. Teylor to spill the tea on Jah because I wanted him to tell me himself.

But he's lied to me, twice.

As long as we've been together, I've never lied to him about anything. There were some things I didn't speak on for my own reasons, but still I never lied to his face. "Communication is key...that's the only way you'll know." Manny advised. "I don't have anything to say to him right now." My stance was final. I wasn't in the wrong this time, he was. And until he admits it, we don't have anything to discuss.

"You're still shopping for this trip though." Manny smirked in an attempt to lighten the mood. "Damn right. He knows better than to cancel my trip." I sassed. He could be mad all he wanted, even though he had no reason to be. If he cancelled this trip, he would be as single as the day I met him.

"You don't even know where y'all going." Manny laughed making me giggle. "More reason for me to buy shit I don't need." I threw one of his original pieces onto my shoulder, making my way into the fitting room.

Guess who's gonna be late coming back from her lunch break?

"It just sucks ya know?" Evan frowned. He was currently telling me about his break up with his girlfriend of four months; Sydney. Unfortunately, he caught her cheating with another guy in her apartment.

"I mean I don't know why, ya know? Everything was going great...sex was amazing." He trailed off as he slouched back in his seat. We were waiting on more samples to come in, so we had some downtime. Like usual, when stressed I threw myself into my work. That's why I'm picking up a few extra hours again tonight. I'll probably hit the gym when I get off too, just to relieve some of this tension.

"Cheating isn't always about the sex." I responded after some time. "People cheat for many reasons..." I wasn't a cheater but I knew that there were other grounds. "Yeah, I know but why else? I'm far from a racist...but she cheated with a black guy." He looked really torn up over this break up. I guess I could understand though. Jabri and I had only been together almost seven months, and look at us.

Ignoring each other's messages and phone calls but still keeping tabs.

"Maybe she wanted to try something she's never had?" I guessed, hoping that I wasn't speaking insensitively. "Maybe. And that's fine though, right? I mean she didn't have to have sex with him at her place. Why did she give me a key? Maybe I should've knocked?" A hint of sarcasm filled his voice making me laugh. "Probably." I giggled.

"Ah, you know what? Fuck her. I'm going out for drinks tonight, wanna come?" He invited. "Sure." I had nothing else to do anyways. Snowing or not, I was gonna get sexy and take my ass to the bar. This was the first birthday I'm spending without Dub too, so I was emotional about that. She needed to move back to New York now. "We can do happy hour after our shift." He said as I nodded in agreement.

"Is it okay if I ride with you? I want to get shit faced." He laughed a bit as he stood. "Yeah, that's fine." I responded, clicking the message on my phone.

iMessage from My Bear☺️🐻😋: how long you gon' stay mad at me? Pull up so we can make up man 😘😘

I ain't gon' hold you Rai, I'm gon' fuck the shit out ya petty ass when I see you 😏

I still love you, even though we ain't fucking with each other right now

Even while mad, he still managed to make me smile. That didn't mean I responded to him though. I just loved his message and got back to work. I would talk to him when I felt like it.

Jabri Hampton

"Since it's for a baby, I'ma charge you less. I gotta soft spot for kids." I chuckled, handing my new client her phone back. "Don't do that, charge your regular price." She insisted but I shook my head. "Nah, you good." I assured her. "Is it in Atlanta or here?" I asked. Her daughter was having a babygirl and she needed the nursery done.

"It's actually in Atlanta...is that extra for travel?" Her lips curled into a hopeful smile. "I am gon' charge you extra for travel though..." I told her honestly. She was the first person with a request that required me to go outta town, so I had to charge.

You pay for what you want.

"Okay, that's fine. It's worth it." I smiled a little, not really looking her way anymore. I was more concerned with these text messages Sarai' wasn't responding to. Clearly, last night was unsuccessful and that shit had me tight. We was outside fussing for a minute before she finally left me standing there in the cold.

She wasn't tryna hear nothing I had to say and neither was I. All I wanted was for her to come home with me. It pissed me off cus' she was acting like she couldn't trust me or something. I still had an attitude but I had to get out to work. My public projects were finished and I turned in the final layouts for my personal projects. The pieces would have to be done before we left town though.

We needed to be on good terms before we left too, or the whole trip would be pointless. "Well, it was nice meeting you Jabri. I'll be waiting for your call." Valerie smiled at me before walking away. I continued to grab what I needed and headed to the checkout line. Because the weather was getting crazier, I offered to do the grocery shopping for moms.

So, here I was.

While I was at it, I got some shit for me too. She still would have to cook it for me though. I was mad irritated because it was crowded as fuck in here. "C'mon yo...fuck is taking so long." I cussed as I looked at the people in front of me. Line was long as hell and if it was just for me, I woulda been like fuck this shit.

"Baby, you got everything on the list right?" Moms asked me as I helped her load the fridge. She was really just taking shit from me and putting it in there the way she wanted it. I'on understand what she needed me for.

"Yeah...that's everything." I answered. She stopped her movement and turned to me from the fridge. Her hands flew to her hips as she stared at me with her greenish grey eyes. "What's up with you?" She asked, looking at me skeptically. "Ain't nothing up...why you ask that?" I tried my hardest to change the tone in my voice. Moms saw right through that shit, like she always did.

"I birthed you baby," She chuckled, pushing me over to the table lightly. I sat with a sigh and rubbed my head. "I know." I replied as she stood beside me, waiting for me to tell her. "Me and Rai' had an argument." I told her truthfully. "Is this on you again?" She knew me too well. "Yeah but I apologized." I felt like that shoulda been enough to have us talking. Every time I did wrong, I had no problem with apologizing but I was still gon' feel a way about it.

"That's the thing baby...you can't keep messing up and then apologizing. You think everything is supposed to be rainbows and sunshine afterwards?" She laughed at me which made me suck my teeth. "Man, hell yeah. I meant it." As long as I was genuine about it, that was all that mattered. "That's just like you...hard headed and stubborn." She shook her head at me before continuing to put the groceries away.

"When it's your fault, you have to take the heat. She has a right to be upset with you Jabri." She told me. "And I don't?" I felt as though I had just as much room to be mad. I was tryna talk it through with her and she was worried about what I took. If I told her the truth that woulda took the situation to a whole other level.

That's what I didn't need.

I ain't think it was important, anyway. It didn't change the love I had for her. I may have been tripping in her eyes but I knew my intentions. "Not in this case. You didn't get the reaction you wanted so you acted out." It's crazy cus' she knew exactly what the fuck she was talking about.

"You don't think I've noticed a change in your behavior?" I didn't answer because I ain't know if I was supposed to or not. "You used to talk to me about anything but lately, you haven't." As much as I loved my moms, I couldn't tell her that I was popping pills to rid physical and mental pain. She would be so disappointed in me.

Rai' too, that's why I couldn't tell her either.

"Are you hiding something from me?" Her voice was curious. "No Ma." I answered a lil more confident than I had before. "Okay Jabri." She didn't sound convinced but she didn't press me either. "I'm good mama, I promise." And I was because I could handle myself. "Okay. Are you hungry? I'm gonna make something to eat." She offered. "Yeah...I'ma stay for a minute." I told her. I had been running around since this morning, so I was gon' stay in and soak this heat up.

"I won't pressure you to tell me what's going on but whatever it is, I want you to fix it. You have to let her love you." My face frowned in confusion as to how she knew what to say without me actually telling her. She knew I didn't reveal my insecurities to Rai' cus' I was scared that she would leave me. Or judge me. It's crazy cus' if that was the case she woulda been left me, right?

Still,' that didn't make me think otherwise. If I felt that way, that's just what it was.

Narrator's POV

"You a raw ass lil nigga." Mookie laughed as he dapped Corey. "How you know how to shoot?" For him to only be 14 years old, he's done a lot in his young life. "My brothers." He replied. "You been climbing up on the ranks, hardest lil nigga I know." They shared their infamous 'CRIP' handshake.

As promised, Mookie had kept his word to Corey. Every mission he completed for him, he made sure to pay him. That money plus the money that Jah gave him was enough to keep him laced in the finest clothing and shoes. It was enough to treat his girlfriend to some gifts too.

Like most teenagers, both him and Myah had moved too fast. They started to have sex immediately after claiming one another. Corey had been spending too much time over her aunt's house which caused tension in her household. Which then caused tension in their relationship, so now they were at odds.

"Where ya lil girlfriend at?" Mookie asked him. As of late, he hadn't seen one without the other. Today was different though. Myah wasn't stupid, so she knew what Corey was involved in. She didn't necessarily agree with it, but she couldn't fault him either. He had shared his upbringing with her and she understood where his rebellious ways came from. Her mother wasn't in her life either, which was the reason she lived with her aunt.

Myah's mother was an addict too and she had left her when she was just three years old. She hadn't seen her since. Her aunt was the only mother she knew and she preferred to keep it that way. In the short amount of time that they were together, she tried to keep Corey interested in his academics. Per usual, he didn't care to listen to anyone but he did make an effort.

At least he was still in the program and making it on time everyday.

iMessage from Myah😘: where r u stupid?

Delivered: fuck you 🖕🏽

"She just texted me. I'm mad at her right now." He told him after he slid his phone back into his pocket. "J think you still staying at her crib?" He nodded with a sneaky smirk. He loved Jah's work hours, because he never seemed to be home. Corey had been successful at being sneaky so far but anybody was bound to get caught, even him.

"Yeah. But you gotta take me back home tonight cus' I ain't staying with Myah." He told him. "You must really be mad." Mookie laughed at him. "I am. She told me I had to leave anyway cus' her aunt was complaining. Man fuck it, fuck both of them." He didn't really mean it, he was just upset. Anger was the only emotion he seemed to show about everything.

He didn't know any other way. Once he was hot, that was it. Disrespect was how he got the attention he wanted anyway. "You just chatting now. But look, just chill here until I get back. I need you to take a ride with me later on." He told him as he stood. "Aight. You got something to eat in this bitch?" Corey stood, walking over to the fridge. "It's some shit in there. Lock up lil nigga." They shared dap again before Mookie left him alone.

He took that time to compose a text to Jah to let him know that he would be home tonight.

Jabri Hampton

"I need a fucking haircut," I grumbled as I posted a short video to snap. I wasn't saying shit, just looking into the camera.

"Yeah, you do beadyhead muthafucka." Tez clowned as he walked back into the living room. Reem told us to pop out at his new spot Courtside tonight. It was a sports bar/lounge that he started working on almost a year ago. He opened it for about 2 weeks then shut it down due to some paperwork issues. I guess the shit was all straightened out, so now it was open.

"Fuck you." I shot back at him, scrolling through snap. Of course I was finna lurk on Rai' page to see what she was up to. She liked to play alotta social media games.

This was really the only time I was on this shit heavy anyway.

That was the only way I could get her attention and her favorite way to piss me off. Like expected, I saw she had made a subliminal post about me.

😣☹️

I chuckled. "All this shit would be over if she just answered the phone yo," I said to no one in particular. "Damn, y'all still at it? What you do bro?" Tez side eyed me as he brushed his waves for the 110th time. This man kept a brush in his hand. Sucking my teeth, I opened the chat and responded.

I'm tryna make up witchu but you rather do this social media bullshit 😑 spoiled ass. Can read my messages but can't answer the phone. Then be whining on snap? I'm onto you.

"That's her man. She overreacted. I admit, I had a bad day so I was shitty towards her yesterday. But, I went up to her job to make up with her and she was doing the most." I left out the part about me being high. Tez knew about my habits but he didn't necessarily like to hear about them.

Reem was another one. Unlike Tez though, he would pull my Pops move on me and take my shit. "I feel like that's the same story you always tell me." He twisted his lips up at me. "I'm forreal. We was both tripping honestly, and the shit didn't have to drag out this long." I grumbled, getting tight just thinking about us not talking. It hasn't even been a full 24hours but it felt long as hell.

Sooner or later, we was gon' have to see each other.

"Women can hold grudges for mad long. Just let her get over that shit." He suggested. "Nah, I'ma keep pressing her." I was serious too. She ain't like when I told her I needed space, so she don't get 48 hours to igg me. I was gon' pull up on her before the night was over.

That's a bad move man...you gotta let her be mad." He tried to tell me but I wasn't hearing it. "Well, look at it this way. At least she ain't six months pregnant man...and ready to kill." We laughed at that as we left his apartment. I caught a ride with him cus' I planned to get fucked up tonight. Between my mood swings and these projects, I ain't know what was stressing me out more.

"Tati ain't complaining about you leaving?" I joked. "I bought her ass some snacks for them cravings and told her I be back." He laughed. "You laughing now but wait until Rai' pregnant and angry. You might catch a TV instead of a lamp fucking with her though. You know them Island girls be crazy." I had to laugh at that one.

He might be right though.

I've seen Rai' mad before but I'on think I've pushed her to her full limit. Not that I wanted to, but I'm sure she's capable of showing me how crazy she can be. Just like me. I try to keep it cool but I'm so in love with her ass, I'a be crazy if I had to be. I would never harm her no matter how mad I got and she knew that. I hated when she made it seem that way though.

"Bro, did you just hear any shit I said?" Tez's voice finally sounded off to me. "Fuck no."I answered truthfully as we hopped in his car. "That shit happens mad randomly." He shook his head with a light chuckle. Rai' told me the same shit before but it seemed normal to me.

If it wasn't taking money out my pockets, then it was no problem for me. Not only that but I knew how to function while high.

"It ain't up there with my clubs yet but we working it. Most I get is a bunch of drunk white guys coming through here." Reem laughed. Me and Tez got here a little over an hour ago. Tone was outta town with his girls so he wasn't around. And even if he was in town, he would be up under Mel.

Shit, I wouldn't even be here if me and Rai' was seeing eye to eye.

I missed her petty ass and I knew that she missed me too. "Them dudes been buying beers all night." Tez observed. "Yeah, they were the first ones in here." Reem added. "Yo J, what's up with you?" He called, getting my attention. "I'm straight." I answered quickly. "Nah he ain't, him and Sarai' beefing. Nigga fussed about it the whole way over here." Tez ratted on me.

"C'mon man," I sucked my teeth, tryna keep the attention off me. I was enjoying my Henny and chilling. I wasn't in the mood to be talking, let alone out with the homies. I felt the same way I did the night before, so this liquor was helping. "Hell you do this time?" Reem inquired. "Yo, get off my dick." I grumbled as I stood to go take another piss.

"That's why you got a limp now, bipolar muthafucka!" Tez called out to me. I ignored him and kept limping toward the bathroom too.

I needed another drink.

Few Hours Later

The Henny was fully in my system and I was blowing Rai' shit up. She hadn't posted anything since the last snap and she still wasn't responding to shit. 

I was mad tight.

"Look J, she out enjoying herself." Reem chuckled a bit with a head shake. Tez had left so Reem would be taking me home now. "She see her fucking phone though," My jaw clenched as I hit call again. "She's not paying her phone any mind." Reem said as if he knew something I didn't.

"And how the fuck you know that?" I wondered. "She's right over there...enjoying her drink." My head turned quick as I squinted to get a better view. Indeed, it was my fine ass girlfriend hanging out with a familiar face. Funny how we've been ignoring each other for almost a day and we ended up in the same spot without knowing.

"Wait," Reem caught me when I stumbled. "You drunk J, just wait until tomorrow." I had already snatched my arm away from him. "Ain't no fucking wait man, she got me fucked up." My words slurred as I walked away. Thankfully, it wasn't a club so I didn't have to fight to get to her.

I licked over my lips as I eyed her thick ass and thighs in her black dress. I loved when she wore black. She had on a pair of thigh high boots too, which were black as well. Her hair was in a sleek ponytail, hanging straight down her back. I couldn't tell if she had make up on or not cus' I wasn't close yet.

But knowing my baby, she had on little to none.

"Oh my God, Evan excuse me." She stood as soon as I approached the both of them. "I'll be ri-right here. I need another beer! Another beer please, thank you!" He yelled drunkenly, making me chuckle. I was fucked up but he was really 'whiteboy wasted' out here.

She grabbed my hand and immediately pulled me away before I could say a word. "Why are you trying to ruin my night? I've been ignoring you for a reason Jabri." She said as soon as she closed the door to the bathroom. Although I couldn't see straight, I saw everything on her. "And you're drunk." She scoffed as I laughed and walked in on her. Her hands came up to my chest, pushing me away.

"I ain't tryna hear that shit, you was drinking too. I missed you though." Usually she would be acting like a baby but it was all me this time. I was really mad she ain't come with me last night. I coulda been in my shit until the sun came up. My hands had already slid under her dress, feeling her ass.

I picked her up, stumbling a bit in the process but I kept a tight grip. "Sex will not fix this Jabri, I'm still upset with you." I heard her but I wasn't listening at the moment. Once my lips hit her neck, allat talking went out the window. She pulled me into a heated kiss, unbuckling my jeans for me. Our lips never parted as we fought to feel each other.

We pulled apart briefly just enough for me to slid in, groping her ass in the process. "Fuck," I cussed, loving the way her walls gripped me bare. That condom shit was definitely dead now. A loud moan sounded in my ear as she squeezed my shit. "Fuck..." Her hands gripped the sink as I hit her with fast, powerful strokes. I didn't wanna talk, I just wanted to fuck.

Pulling her down from the sink, I demanded her to turn around before bending her over. She parted her feet and tooted that ass right up for me. I used my freehand to remove the scrunchie from her hair, instantly gripping it in my hand. "Shit Jah," She cussed when I re-entered her. I watched the many different faces she made through the mirror as I showed her no mercy.

"I want you dripping on my shit. Throw that shit back." I growled, biting my lip. Her dress started to fall down but I pushed it back up so I could keep my eyes on her ass. The way her pussy swallowed my dick every time I slid in was mesmerizing. "Oh fuck...FUCK!" She was already pulsating around my shit letting me know that she was ready to bust.

Come on ya dick, mama." I spoke into her ear before biting it. She came instantly, letting out one of the sexiest moans I've ever heard. Her eyes never left mine as I continued to stroke her. "Wait." She let out as she struggled to catch her breath. I pulled out but only to switch positions. Placing her back on the sink, I lifted both of her legs onto my shoulders and pulled her forward.

"Ouuu shit!" She cried, bawling my shirt into her hands. "Gon' fuck this attitude right up out you." We caught eyes as her mouth opened slightly. I was in full control and she couldn't do shit but moan. "Yeah...take that shit." I grunted as I controlled her hips. "Shit Rai'!" I cussed once she started to squeeze again. She was cumming back to back.

"Oh shhiiiiit!" She screamed as her body shook. I removed her from the sink completely, allowing her to bounce on my dick. For every moan, I grunted making sure not to let up on her spot. "Babyyyyy!" She cried out as she came again. I let her down, holding her so she wouldn't fall. "Lemme see my pussy mama." I told her as I helped her back up on the sink.

She spread her legs wide, her stickiness coming into full view. The heels of her boot were up on the end of the sink as she played in her shit. "Almost a whole two days without this shit...you bugging." I kneeled down, putting my face directly in it. "Mmmmn! Yes! Eat your pussy baby!" She chanted. Hearing that shit turned me on to a whole other level.

"You wet as fuck mama," I slithered my tongue inside her before sucking on her bud. Her nails scratched at my head as she held her head back in pleasure. My tongue was moving every which way as I devoured her shit. "Fuck! Te extrane papi." That Spanish shit started to come out and that only made me go harder.

Gripping her ass, I took her over to the wall and placed her on it. Her legs locked around my neck as I feasted, not letting one drop pass me. She had my beard all sticky but I was loving every bit of it. "Papi estoy llegando!" Her hands smacked the wall as she inched further away from my face.

"Mn Mn." Shaking my head side to side, I kept pressure on her clit, forcing her to take it. Seconds later, she was letting it out all over my face again. I slurped her right up, not letting anything go to waste. Her eyes were barely open as she tried to get herself together. I let her legs down only to lock them between my arms as I slid back in her.

"Damn Rai'." I groaned every time I entered her. Her shit fit snug just like a glove. And being that I ain't have on a condom, it just intensified the feeling for me. She kept her back against the wall but thrusted her hips forward. I got to sucking and biting on her neck to stop myself from moaning.

Her shit had me gone, no lie.

Her moans started off low but grew louder as she increased her pace. I closed my eyes, feeling my dick stiffen before I heard somebody bust through the door. "WOAH SHIT! J, WHAT THE FUCK?!" Reem's voice irritated me but caused Rai' to panic. She tried to move from the position but my hand kept her in place. "Hold on..." I mumbled lowly as I bit my lip, still pumping inside of her.

"B-Babe...we just-Reem just—" "AUGH!" I let out deeply as I finished off, falling into her chest. "Yo! Get the fuck out the men's bathroom with that shit!" He banged as Rai's eyes grew wide. I laughed. "Oh my God, this is so embarrassing. Move." She got down and shoved me away. I pulled up my jeans and turned on the sink to clean myself off. Rai' did the same without saying a word to me.

--

Narrator's POV

The car ride to Jabri's place was quiet. You would've thought that after the love fest, at least one word would have been uttered. Tez was supposed to drop him home but he had left the bar earlier than expected. He had to tend to Tati's raging hormones. Reem would have taken him home but considering tonight's events, he was scarred to say the least.

The only sound you could hear in the jeep was the radio playing lowly. As they approached Jabri's apartment building, he noticed a familiar car double parked in the middle of the street. Pushing himself up from his previous position, his jaw clenched in anger at the sight before him.

"Pull behind this car." He instructed Sarai'. "What? Who is that?" She questioned but still put the car in park anyway. Instead of answering her, Jabri hopped out and quickly approached the all black two door Solara. He went straight to the driver's side, punching through the tinted window. The glass shattered, making a shocked Mookie jump as Jabri pulled his lanky body from the car.

"Jah chill!" Corey hopped out of the passenger seat. "Bitch ass nigga been running, word?" Jabri gritted as his Timberland boot rammed into Mookie's face repeatedly. He bent down to send hard blows to his face, causing blood to decorate the snow. "Oh my God, Corey go in the house!" Sarai' came over and pulled Corey away. "Jabri, stop it!" She yelled but he was in his zone.

Mookie didn't have time to register one blow because more kept coming. By this time, everything had fell from Jabri's pockets as he came out of his coat. His adrenaline pumping crazy making him hot in this harsh weather. "I told you to stay away from him!" He spat as he continued his assault. Rai's screams for him to stop didn't help so she had to step in.

He went in to throw another punch but was stopped by a tug from Rai', who was staring at him in fright. Still his face didn't go soft but he backed away to grab his coat and walk off. Sarai' stood still in her spot, having flashbacks of when her father had beaten Quenton. The blaring of car horns got her attention, making her jump back into reality.

She started to count in her head and regulate her breathing as she rushed back over to her Jeep. Everyone behind her was giving her a hard time until they got out to see what the hold up was. Sarai' got herself together, asking if someone could call the police. When a bystander let her know that they would, she headed inside the building.

"All the shit I do for you and you still wanna be ungrateful?!" She could hear Jabri yelling at Corey as she approached his apartment. Thankfully, Sarai' had given Corey a headstart into the house. Remembering what took place the last time, he locked himself in the bedroom.

"You getting the fuck out! And I'm deadass this time yo, I swear!" An angry Jabri paced the living room, trying to get himself back to a calm state. He didn't notice Sarai' come in and lock the door as he ranted. "I'm sick of you yo! I'm already stressed the fuck out! I got too much on my fucking plate to be babysitting ya dumb ass!" He was still going as he went into the bathroom, slamming the door behind him.

"Corey, where are you? Are you okay?" Sarai' checked on him first. "In the room...if I come out he gon' beat my ass." This was the first time he showed an ounce of fear. "Just stay in there until I say come out, okay?" He responded with an 'okay'. When she made it to the bathroom, she knocked.

"Jabri, open the door." She demanded. He still didn't budge. She assumed it was locked until she twisted the knob, letting herself in. Jabri tried to stuff the baggy back into his pocket but it was already too late. He had been caught in the act, proving Sarai's suspicions correct.

"What did you just take?"

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

8K 454 30
Wilhemina Venable ff โฆ Maybe my house burning down isn't a bad thing at all. "You told me to get out of your sight, but babe I'm always on your mi...
724K 30.6K 61
Your marriage was failing but you weren't at fault and you weren't blind to the signs of faded love. When you found him cheating, you didn't give a s...
1.8K 236 83
"Is this actually real?" You ask your best friend. "Absolutely. And I'm glad it is." ----- Welcome to a time of change. A different air to breathe...
2K 66 17
They never tell you what to do when five girls from your school go missing. They never tell you what to do when you witness them getting murdered in...