Summer 79' | MJ FF

By Offthewallbby

Who knew a kiss would lead to a Summer like this. More

Introduction
Prologue, The Beginning.
1. Class Of Seventy Nine
2. The Graduation Speech
3. You Gave Me The Kiss Of Life
4. Is This Love That I'm Feeling?
5. The Other Woman
6. The Roses Are Bizarre
7. Damsel In Distress
8.Dream, Dream, Dream
9.Unrequited Feelings & Realizations
11. Lingering Love
12. Love Scheme 1: Jealousy
13: Love Scheme 2: The Third Kiss
14. Love Scheme 3: Deflowering Rose
15. Friends, How Many Of Us Have Them?
16. Michael's Other Lover
17. The Five Tarots
18. The Truth Hurts
19. New Flame
20. Butterknives
21. A Second Chance
22. Tell The Truth, Shame The Devil
23. The Lust Between Us
24. Man In The Mirror
25. Mulatto
26. Home Is Where Your Heart Is
27. Broken Dreams
28. Baby, Baby
29. One Hell Of A Date
30. Uproar
31. Frenemies
32. Love Confession
33. I Wanna Be Your Lover
34. A Matter Of Time
35. Nightmares Are Real
36. Love Don't Live Here
37. It's Hard To Say Goodbye
38. Nightmares Are Real Part 2
39. Doves In The Sky
40. Epilogue, The Ending.

10. Lets Ride

1.1K 89 111
By Offthewallbby

NINETEEN SEVENTY-NINE

Author

Two days had passed since Ricky agreed to take Abhaya on her dream trip. If anyone else had asked Ricky to go on some irrational and unexpected trip, he would've declined and not have a second thought about it, but for Abhaya, it was different. If a trip were going to make her happy, then he would take her on a trip. So, with little to no time, Ricky had managed to get Abhaya's dream trip in motion.

He borrowed a nice-sized van for travel from
his cousin; he wrote out directions and mapped up different places and certain sights so he wouldn't get lost while driving; everything was almost ready. Now, all he had to do was sneak Abhaya out of the hospital, pick up Angel and Michael, then drive off into the sunset.

"So, how are we doing this again?" Abhaya asked.

The two currently reside in her hospital room, planning for the great escape, which would take place in approximately five minutes.

"Abhaya! If I repeat this plan one more time, I'm
going to fucking snap." Ricky said with frustration, "Stop acting like a blonde. Now, for the last time, when security uses the restroom, which is soon, we will go out the back exit where the van is parked. For two days, I've been analyzing everything. I'll take you to your house so you can pack your shit, and then we'll pick up Angel and Michael.

A surfeit of emotions flooded Abhaya's heart at the mentioning of Michael.

She didn't want Michael to come on this trip for
a variety of reasons: she was distraught that he didn't feel the same, guilt was starting to consume her from the spiteful words she said to him out of anger, and the embarrassment of pouring her heart out to Michael—then telling him that she wanted to fuck him—wasn't letting her sleep well at night. Being around Michael didn't seem like a good idea to her at the moment.

"I don't want Michael to come! I thought I already told you that," Abhaya complained.

She folded her arms across her chest and pouted like
a child, which furthered Ricky's irritation. Yesterday, when Ricky was going over the plan with Abhaya, she mentioned how she wanted to exclude Michael from the dream trip, which he didn't understand since they were usually conjoined at the hip.

"Look, Abhaya, I don't know what the hell is going on between you two, but it has nothing to do with me. Michael is coming because he's a part of the group, and I'll be damned if I'm the only guy."

Abhaya dramatically rolled her eyes. Ricky didn't understand the complexity of the situation, which irritated her because she wanted to tell him but didn't think it was such a good idea at the time, being.

"Whatever.," she muttered.

"Whatever," my ass. Now come on Abs, We need to leave now so we won't run into a security guard."

Abhaya took the thin white covers from around before swinging her body against the right side of the bed.

Her feet touched the cold tile floors, and she slightly shivered.

"Thank you for doing this, Ricky. It means a lot to me."

Ricky leaned his hand out for her to grab, she placed her hand in his, and he pulled her up. "That's what friends are for, right?" A smirk tugged at the corners of his lips, and Abhaya bashfully smiled.

"Right!" She gleefully stated.

Hand in hand, the pair walked out of the room with wandering eyes. They looked everywhere, being cautious of their surroundings because getting caught was not on the agenda. Abhaya used one of her hands to grip the back of the hospital gown, which was exposing her bare ass from behind. "Why do they make hospital gowns with big slits in the back?"

It was more of a rhetorical question, but Ricky answered anyway, "I'm assuming for sex purposes."

"Who wants to have sex in a hospital? That seems so not turn-on worthy."

Before Ricky could respond, he spotted the security guard standing up from his chair. Ricky quickly pulled Abhaya behind a wall so she wouldn't be seen.

"What's going on, Ric-" He quickly placed his hand over her mouth.

"Shhh," He hissed.

Ricky analyzed one of the nighttime security
guards with much intent, scoping out his demeanor and disadvantages. The security guard was about 5'3, which was below the national average height for men.

He was a bit on the heavier side with his belly hanging over his pants and stubby legs that seemed to wobble with every step he took. In Ricky's opinion, he wasn't much of a threat, and he knew that if he and Abhaya were to get caught, the two could outrun him. Ricky continued to watch the security guard walk down the opposite side of the hall until he was out of sight.

The exit to where the van was parked was down the hall towards the left side of the stairwell.

Now was their opportunity to make a run for it.

Ricky looked over his shoulder. "On the count of three, we run. Follow my lead."

She nodded at his command, feeling excited to
leave this place and go on her dream trip with her two favorite people in the world, Ricky and Angel. She was still upset with Michael, so he wasn't on her favorites list at the moment. She wasn't on his either.

"This feels like a movie!" Abhaya whispered in excitement.

"Because it is. 1...2...3...!"

Ricky took off sprinting, and Abhaya quickly
followed behind. Ricky used to play different sports,
so he was used to running all the time.

Not so much for Abhaya, who wasn't into much physical activity. She found it a bit hard to keep up with him, plus she was still holding onto the back of her hospital gown, which slowed her pace.

Ricky looked back at her and noticed how far
behind she was. "Abhaya, seriously!? Put some pep
in your step!" He accidentally yelled before covering his mouth with his right hand.

"Hey!" Abhaya's head snapped back to see a terse
and a stubby-looking man with a yellow security patch against his navy blue shirt; he was far behind them but seemed to be marching towards their direction.

This gave Abhaya just the right amount of willpower
to pick up her pace."Get back here!" The security guard yelled as his marching became sounds of loud thumps. Abhaya caught up to Ricky, who has focused ahead of him. He wasn't breathing heavy or even sweating, unlike Abhaya, who felt like her lungs were about to cave in. The hallway seemed endless to her.

"Almost there! Keep running, don't look back!" Ricky encouraged.

She nodded while repeating his words within her mind. Keep running, don't look back! Keep running, don't look back! She was able to tune out the security guard's booming voice as well her jagged breaths. Before she knew it, she was running out the exit door with Ricky. She noticed the van Ricky told her about parked right where he said it would be.

He planned it out perfectly.

The two made it towards the van, and Ricky
quickly opened it for Abhaya to get inside before he followed behind. He climbed over a few seats until he made it towards the driver's side. Loud noises from the security guard caught their attention once more.

Ricky looked through the rearview mirror to see the security guard running towards the van. Ricky took the keys out of his blue jeans before sticking them inside of the ignition. He twisted it towards the side and quickly punched the gas leaving the security guard behind in the engine's debris.

-

After successfully sneaking Abhaya out of Richmond Hospital, Ricky dropped Abhaya off at her home so she could pack her things while he went to go pick up Angel.

Being in her room almost felt brand new as she
quietly packed her art supplies inside a medium-sized wooden box. Her hair was wet from the shower; she had taken not long ago which was dripping everywhere she walked. Abhaya looked over her bags to ensure she had everything she needed inside.

Excitement filled every fiber in her entire body as
she thought of all the spontaneous adventures that would take place throughout the road trip. Her mind lingered back to the dream she had in wonderment; would it be just like her dream? She asked herself for the millionth time.

She hoped so. She hoped that it would be a replica.

Abhaya grabbed her damp towel before wrapping
it around her head to fasten the drying speed.

She would've used her blow dryer, but the noise it made would be too loud, and she didn't want to take any chances of waking her parents.

With a tired sigh, Abhaya flopped down against her bed and blankly stared above. She tried to think about anything other than Michael, but that was hard to do since he would be the last to be picked up for the road trip. She wondered how he felt about her telling him that she wanted to fuck him. Was he disgusted with the thought of that? Abhaya felt as though he was; his reaction made her interpret it as that, but she didn't understand why he would be disgusted since the two kissed not once but twice.

The thought of them traveling together in a van made her groan out in pure frustration.

"Why did I tell him that?" She muttered to herself while shaking her head in shame.

Suddenly, the sound of her door opening made her heart instantly drop. Abhaya quickly jumped to the left side of her bed, harshly making contact with the floor. A few groans escaped her lips, but she placed her hand against her mouth so the pain she felt couldn't be heard.

"Abhaya?" The sound of her sister's voice instantly relieved her startled heart.

She slowly lifted her head from the side of the bed
to see her sister looking in her direction with extreme amounts of confusion. Abhaya felt relieved that it wasn't one of her parents. "I thought I heard some noises coming from your room. Why the hell are you not in the hospital?" Mohini softly closed the door behind her before walking towards Abhaya's bed with
folded arms. Abhaya stood up from the side of the bed and innocently smiled at her sister. "Ricky snuck me out. I'm going on my dream trip!"

Mohini raised an eyebrow before sitting on Abhaya's bed, Indian style.

"Dream trip?" Mohini reiterated with confusion.

Abhay began to explain herself"I had a dream about going on a road trip with Michael, Angel, and Ricky.
It was such a beautiful dream...It was like no other dream I ever had. I told Ricky that we should make it a reality and leave...with a little persuasion, he obliged."

"And you were just gonna leave without telling your sister?"

Abhaya softly laughed, "I wrote everything down on
a sheet of paper that I was going to slip underneath your door before I left. I didn't want to wake you; you can be a real bitch when someone wakes you."

Mohini rolled her eyes before a few laughs escaped
her lips, "Where will you and the three musketeers be going?"Abhaya shrugged, "I honestly don't know. Faith will lead us in the right direction, I'm sure."

"Are you sure you should go? You were just in a hospital."

Abhaya propped her elbow against a soft pillow before resting her head against the palm of her hand.

"Well, I already snuck out. Ain't no way in hell I'm sneaking back in." The two sisters shared a laugh.

"But I'll be fine. My hand is all nice and stitched up like some ragdoll, so all I need to do is wrap the scar up every day so it can heal properly."

Mohini nodded, "Mom and Dad are gonna be two worried fools when they find out you snuck out of the hospital and decided to go on a little road trip."

A devious smile appeared on Abhaya's lips, "They'll
be fine." Mohini shook her head at her sister, "Though you are my sister, your outlandish ideas to this day still surprise me." A honking noise coming from outside interrupted their conversation.

"That's probably Ricky," Abhaya said while looking back at her sister.

"Well, go before our parents wake up. Make sure you call me every chance you get so I will know that you're safe and don't worry bout mom and dad. I'll come up with something so they won't be too worried bout cha."

Abhaya's lips curved into a smile, "I love you, Hini, thank you!" She pulled her sister in for a quick hug before grabbing all of her travel bags and quickly leaving the house. She ran towards the side of the
van and pulled the door open to be met with Michael,
who was sitting in the front with Ricky.

Her heart sank. Oh god, I thought he was going picked up last, Abhaya thought she had more time to prepare for their first encounter since the huge argument, but she didn't.

Michael had an angry scowl on his face as his eyes
met with Abhayas before looking back over at Ricky.

"I should've known she was coming. Ricky, you're a piece of shit. I'm not going." Michael unfastened his seatbelt, getting ready to leave until Ricky swiftly grabbed his arm, pulling him back.

"No! You're going on this trip. I refuse to be the
only guy; I refuse!" Ricky leaned his head against the steering wheel to look at Abhaya, who was awkwardly standing around, "Whatcha waiting for? Let's ride!"

She looked back at Michael, who stared straight ahead, pretending as if she didn't exist.

Abhaya sighed.

This was going to be one hell of a trip.

-

I want to thank my sister-wife, nzlovesmj, for proofreading, editing, and giving me great writing tips for this chapter! I appreciate you doing this for me; you're the best! ❤️ Love you! Also, I finally updated. I was a bit stuck on this chapter, but now I feel I can get some things rolling since the four are heading on an adventurous journey!

Please tell me what you think so far! Thanks for reading ❤️

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

58K 2.1K 40
We've all heard bad stories about stepdads, but Min Jaeso realizes that she loves her stepfather more than any real father she may have. From betray...
27.5K 723 11
You are the second oldest biological child of Jake Sully and Neytiri. You are the twin brother of Neteyam, taking after your father in looks and pers...
206K 5.9K 71
Daphne Bridgerton might have been the 1813 debutant diamond, but she wasn't the only miss to stand out that season. Behind her was a close second, he...
7.2K 322 13
π‘ƒπΈπ‘…πΆπ‘Œ 𝑅𝐸𝐼𝐷 thought the worst thing he would have to live through was his mother's death but life deals him a new hand, something he would ha...