Is This Fate or Misfortune?

By Skyslovely

[Black Butler various x Reader] (Y/N) is one of the few rare humans who was gifted with magic powers in her w... More

Her Acquaintance, A Whole New World
Her Acquaintance, Waking Up To This!!
Her Acquaintance, The Phantomhive Household
Her Acquaintance, Out in town
His Butler, Able
His Butler, Strongest
His Butler, Omnipotent
His Butler, Capricious
His Butler, Chance Encounter
His Butler, At the Funeral
Her Acquaintance, A Picnic for Six
His Butler, Merrymaking
His Butler, Training
Her Acquaintance, Combat
His Butler, Phantom Image
Her Acquaintance, Masquerade
His Butler, On Ice
Her Acquaintance, The Invite
Her Acquaintance, Trancy Manor
Her Acquaintance, Captive
Her Acquaintance, Alois
Her Acquaintance, Right from Wrong
Her Acquaintance, Games
Her Acquaintance, Earl Trancy
His Butler, However You Please
His Butler, Forlorn
Her Acquaintance, Lessons
A/N
Her Acquaintance, Visit
Her Acquaintance, Puzzles and Spells
Her Acquaintance, The Knight
His Butler, Freeloader
His Butler, Supremacy Talented
His Butler, Competing
Her Acquaintance, The Choir
Her Acquaintance, I'm where!?
Her Acquaintance, Vacation
Her Acquaintance, A Run Into
Her Acquaintance, Beach
Ciel in Wonderland part 1
Ciel in Wonderland part 2
Her Acquaintance, Welcome to Weston
Her Acquaintance, New Faces
Her Acquaintance, Daily Life at Weston's
Her Acquaintance, Demon Butler
Her Acquaintance, Reaper's Quarters
Her Acquaintance, Clues Discovered
Her Acquaintance, The Past
Her Acquaintance, Pieces
His Butler, Offering
His Butler, Transmitted
Her Acquaintance, Confusion
Is This Melodious or Diabolical?
Her Acquaintance Mini Shorts
Her Acquaintance, Uncertainty
Her Acquaintance, Rain
His Butler, Imprisoned
His Butler, Escaping
Her Acquaintance, History
Intermission: Timeline
Her Acquaintance, Prince
He Acquaintance, Reaper's Mission
Her Acquaintance, Tea
Her Acquaintance, Mischief
Her Acquaintance, A Demon's Heart
Her Acquaintance, Earl Phantomhive
Her Acquaintance, Appreciation
His Butler, Dissolution
His Butler, Up In Flames
His Butler, Fluent
Her Acquaintance, The End Part 1
Her Acquaintance, The End Part 2
Edward Ending
Prince Soma Ending
Grell Ending
Alois Ending
Finny Ending
Sebastian Ending
Ciel Ending
Author Note

Her Acquaintance, Of Coffins and Skulls

1.8K 73 21
By Skyslovely

   The Grim Reaper Dispatch was even more bustling than it had been before. Reapers darted frantically down the corridors and the receptions were steadily getting crowded.

You could only assume that this was due to the fact that now everyone knew that the reapers had been found and that most of them were being assigned orders directed to that. The moment that the five of you had returned to the headquarters, William had immediately paced off.

You knew that he was heading to inform his superiors of what you all had found out in Houndsville. By the time you knew it, the corridors and arenas were filled with swarms of reapers. Othello hadn't appeared to welcome you, leading you to assume that he might also be with the superiors.

"Wow." James's voice breath out in awe and you turned to find that he was gazing around the Headquarters bewildered. "I never would have thought that there would be more than one grim reaper. People always referred to him as a single entity, but to think that there would be this many in a place such as this."

"I felt the same way when they first brought me here," you bemusedly stated following his gaze around the layout. "It was a bit overwhelming at first though, with the place being painted in such a bright color it sorta gave me a headache."

"I can see what you mean," he remarked, his eyes trailing after a pair of reapers that were hurrying down the hallway. "Do you have any idea what they might do to me?"

You glanced back at him, noting the unease that shone in his eyes as his gaze locked onto a couple of reapers that were staring at him.

"I don't think you have anything you really need to worry about," you informed him after a couple of minutes. "I'm sure that all they're going to do is ask you a couple questions about what happened to you."

"But after that..." He trailed off seeming as he was trying to collect his thoughts so that he could clearly voice his concern. "They don't really seem very welcoming to any 'outsiders'."

"Nothing is going to happen to you James, so rest assured," you stressed trying to sound certain. Truth be told you had no clue as to what the reapers might do with James after they were done interrogating him. You knew for a fact that they weren't allowed to kill humans so you were confident that he would be okay.

The only other ideas that came to your mind was that they would just let him go, making him swear that he wouldn't tell humanity. That or they somehow had this machine that could erase human memory, but doubt they had something like that. You didn't dare tell James of these though.

William still hadn't returned and you could only wonder just what was taking him so long. Ronald and Grell had been stopped by several other reapers who were more than curious as to what had happened when they were out.

With nothing to do, you sat down in a chair that you had noticed against the wall, gesturing James to do the same. There was no point in having to stand for a while when there was a perfect place to rest.

"Hey James, can you fully explain to me what happened?" You asked him curiously wanting to have a full grasp on what happened. "You don't have to tell me if you don't feel up to it," you reassured him, knowing that the experience was probably traumatizing to him.

"It's okay," he stated with a sigh before laying further back in the chair. "It was a couple months after I had escaped from Houndsville because of your help. I'm sure you read in the letters that things were doing fine since then, I had a place to stay at and a job as well. I always tried to respond to your letters as soon as possible even when I was busy. It was one night that I heard a noise coming from outside the window though I thought nothing of it. It wasn't until later that I woke up tied in the dungeon with those reapers."

"James... I'm really sorry that had to happen to you, I don't know why that person would want to take you, but trust me when I say that me and the others are going to do all we can do to find whoever it was," you told him.

James released a sigh as he leaned his head back to rest on the headrest of the chair. His gaze remained fixated on the white ceiling above him before he closed his eyes. "Then I wish you luck on being able to find him. I have no clue on what he looks like nor does anyone else so it'll be difficult on finding him."

You gave him a reassuring smile as you glanced back to look at Ronald and Grell who were still swarmed by reapers. "Don't worry I have connections." There was a chance that Ciel and Sebastian might be able to help you search for the guy who had done this.

You were sure that they would help you as it seemed that the guy responsible for all this mess was the very same one that Ash had said wanted you. Just what was his plan to be exact? He killed all those reapers, kidnapped James and had left you all those riddles.

And those riddles. Why was he leaving them out for you to solve? Did he leave them as part of his plan or were they just something used to mess with you?

The past is always filled with secrets and lies~ only one place holds the truth and hidden venity~ come to this place of ancient knowledge and proditione~

The phrase once again flashes through your mind upon thinking about the riddles. It had been a while since you had last heard the riddle and sadly you had began to forget about it. But the fact that it had been repeated once again could only mean something right?

'The phrase states that there's a place that I need to go in order to understand everything. But what are these secrets and lies that it speaks about?'

"I've finished speaking to my superiors and they wish to speak to James about what happened," William's voice stated and you quickly glanced over to your left. He leaned around from the wall, his eyes gazing down at both you and James.

Instantly, James jumped to his feet, his eyes large and nervous. "They want to speak with me?!"

William nodded his head as he gestured for James to follow him. "Yes, they want to ask you some questions on what happened." Ronald and Grell who had noticed what was happening concluded their discussion with the other reapers before heading over.

"They want to hear your side of the event so that they can fully understand what happened," he continued. "Follow me, they are in no means wanting to wait."

"Yeah, if you say so," James stated rather nervously. "I guess I'll see you later (Y/N), hopefully."

"Don't worry James everything is going to be okay," you told him with a wave watching as he followed after William around the wall. You could only hope that things would go alright for him now that he was out of imprisonment.

It was immediately then that Othello came out from around the corner that William and James had disappeared around. He was followed by two other reapers who you didn't know, but you noted that they had a slight Germanic accent.

"(Y/N)! It's good to see you," Othello stated when he realized that you were there and immediately made his way over. The other two slowly followed after him, their gaze remaining fixated on you while Othello greeted you.

"I have the papers that you left with me," Othello stated as he reached into his lab pocket to pull out several papers that you had previously given to him. You took the papers after thanking him and tucked them into your back pockets. "I just really want to thank you for what you've done. Without you we wouldn't have been able to find the reapers," he resumed saying. He ruffled his messy dark green hair before regrettably glancing back down at you. "It's a shame with what happened to them."

"It's nothing really. I just wish I had been able to find them at an earlier time," you sincerely told him. "What does your superiors plan on doing?"

"They plan on assigning reapers to patrol and investigate the area," Othello responded. "There's going to be a constant watch so if the person ever returns we'll be there to catch him."

"So you're the magic-user that William got to locate our reapers," the shorter one of Othello's companion exclaimed as they bounded forward, their short dark hair swinging more to where it was parted at the left. Sad to say, you couldn't exactly tell what gender they were, since they seemed to resemble both a male and female.

"Magic-users are always so interesting," they continued to say as they glanced over you. "Its really fascinating how humans can develop abilities such as yourself! You don't mind if I take a picture of you?!" They asked excitedly and held up the camera that was around their neck.

You were taken aback and was unsure of how to answer to their question. Being asked to get your picture taken wasn't something you were usually asked of and you weren't exactly sure with their sudden outburst.

"Calm down Sascha, don't bother the girl," Othello's taller company stated as he pulled Sascha back by the collar of their shirt.

"Oh I apologize if I startled you for a second," Sascha apologized as they pulled away from the grasp of their dark haired friend. "It's just that I'm really curious in how humans function and seeing a magic-user isn't something you see everyday."

"No it's perfectly fine," you nervously told them. You glanced over at Othello for help, the reaper having been watching the situation curiously.

"Ah right you still don't know who they are," he realized before stepping up between the middle of you and the other two. "This is Sascha," he introduced indicating to the younger shorter one. He soon gestured to the taller man that was gazing at you with a bored expression. "And this is Ludger, they're from the German Branch."

The German Branch?! You had heard Othello mention before that there was a German Branch, but you never thought that you would actually meet some of them. Then again, Othello had also said that a main portion of the kidnapped reapers had come from theirs.

"It's nice to meet you. I'm (Y/N)," you introduced with a polite smile. "I'm very sorry for all of the reapers that you lost."

"It's not your fault so you don't have to apologize," Ludger stated. "Though I do know that this does gives us a lot of work to do now. If only it didn't have to come to this."

"We should probably head out to the site then," Sascha said while they fiddled with their camera. "Headquarters is still waiting to hear more information about the situation." They turned to face you with a smile on their face. "It was really nice meeting you!"

"Oh right you as well," you quickly stammered out as you watched as Sascha bounded back toward Ludger who gave you a nod.

Othello glanced down at you with a wistful smile as he straightened his glasses. "I should be heading as well. I hope that I'm able to see you some time later. Take care wherever you go and thank you for your help (Y/N)."

"It was nice meeting you Othello, take care," you told the reaper with a smile on your face. You watched as he gave you a wave before leading Sascha and Ludger off into another hallway.

You were slightly sad to see him go, knowing that you weren't sure when you would come back to the Grim Reaper Dispatch and see him again. You glanced around the area memorizing everything so that you would be able to remember what it looked like.

"Since everything's been solved out, I think that it's time that I should head back to the Phantomhive Manor." You turned to Ronald and Grell informing them of the such matter. It had been three days since you had been away from the manor and you were sure enough that the others were worried.

"Do you really have to leave so soon?" Grell asked with a crestfallen expression. His lips had tugged downward in an upset demeanor displaying that he was very much upset that you were planning on leaving.

"I've been here for three days Grell, I got to go back home," you told him and he sighed knowing that you were right.

"Well then, let me just thank you for everything you did for us," Ronald sincerely thanks with a smile. "If you ever need anything well be here to help."

"Thank you Ronald," you happily thanked.

"As much as I hate it, I'll have to go and see what tasks they want me to do," Ronald stated as he glanced back at the reception area. "I wish you well (Y/N) and I'll see you some time later. Thanks again!"

With quick goodbye's, Ronald headed off down the atrium to disappear around a hallway corridor.

"I guess I should bring you back to the human realm," Grell sorrowfully stated.

You nodded your head ready to head back to a more familiar surrounding. "Yeah let's."

"Are you sure you want me to leave you here?" Grell quizzically asked as he gazed at the dark parlor that was labeled UNDERTAKER.

"Yeah, I have someone I want to talk to here," you informed him as you glanced back to see him watching you from the edge of the sidewalk. "I'm actually glad that you and Ronald came to get me to help you guys with the situation. I'm just glad that I was able to do something and I slightly got something from it. And Grell, thanks for saving me on the bridge before!" You told him with a large smile on your face.

"Well I won't thank you since I'm sure you've heard that plenty of times today," Grell said as he stepped closer toward you. "But I sure will definitely save you again if you're ever in danger. You're not like most people (Y/N)." He sighed before looking at a watch on his wrist. "I must be heading back now. I know things will only be even more hectic with everything that's happened. Take care (Y/N). I'll definitely try to visit you sometime soon."

"I'll be waiting till then," you happily told him.

"Well then have a good day (Y/N). I'm going to miss you," he smiled before walking off with a wave.

You turned back to face the familiar dark parlor that you occasionally visited whenever you were in town. With a deep inhale you pushed the door of the parlor open, the bell from above jingling as you entered the shop.

Like always the lighting was dark and coffins milled around the shop each of them either propped up against the wall or laying flat on the ground. You navigated your way through the maze of coffins heading over to the counter positive that the Undertaker was somewhere in the back.

"Undertaker!" You called out while being sure not to step on a cobweb that was in front of you. You eyed the beady eyed creature that twirled on its beautiful web of string and it continued to fabricate another pattern onto the web as if it wasn't pleased with the first one.

Laughter was heard from around the corner and you fought the smile that crept up on face. "Why if it isn't (Y/N)!" The Undertaker exclaimed upon coming out from behind a curtain led into the back room. Like always, his long curtain of silver hair draped over his eyes hiding them from everyone.

"Hey Undertaker," you greeted and you headed around the counter so that you could properly face him. "How has everything been?" You curiously asked while the Undertaker led you into the back room.

"Pretty well. I've had a few customers come in looking to buy some of me caskets," the Undertaker stated with a laugh as he sat down at the table that was there. "Sadly, Earl Phantomhive hasn't stopped in once to get one though, it's truly a sad thought at that."

"Well it's good to see that business has been doing good for you," you stated as you joined him down at the table.

"So what did you come here for (Y/N)?" The Undertaker quizzically asked with a tilt of his head in your direction. "I can tell that there's something on your mind that you want to tell me."

You unconsciously rotated your hands something you did whenever you found yourself in situations such as this one. "You know those acquaintances that you were telling me about. The ones that went missing," you began to say and paused until he nodded.

"I think that they were the reapers that I found with the Grim Reaper Dispatch," you informed him watching him for any reaction since you had hinted that he was a reaper.

The two of you had never actually verbally stated that he was a shinigami and had carried on conversing in ignorance that he was one. Of course you knew better and although he may had tried to hid it from the others you were sure that he knew that you knew.

The Undertaker leaned back in his seat as a coy smile soon replaced the mischievous one that he previously wore. "So you knew that I was a reaper, I had a feeling that you did. When did you figure it out?"

"To be honest since around the beginning," you told him. "I always knew that reapers, demons, and stuff existed here so I wasn't exactly that surprised. Besides I think working as a undertaker is fitting for a former reaper especially one that always cover their eyes," you pointed out.

The Undertaker chuckled to himself as he shifted in his seat across from you. You watched as he ran a hand up underneath the middle of his bangs, pushing the silver hair up and in the next second the most dazzling emerald green eyes were gazing back at you.

You took in a sharp breath from the mere beauty of those eyes. A small mental cry of victory resounded in your head at seeing his eyes in person. 'Finally after all this time I get to see them.'

"So the reapers you found," he began, his rambunctious humorous side slightly gone and his voice had deepened. His scar - which was highlighted by his green eyes - were more noticeable now that his bangs were pushed back. "How are they?"

"I'm sorry, when we turned up at the site they were already dead," you informed him regrettably. "They said that the person who did it was probably another magic-user."

"Simply a sorrowful moment," the Undertaker stated with a sigh. "Innocent beings being killed for absolutely no reason. The bodies, they're still there in the place that you went to?"

You nodded your head to his question as you rested your elbow on the table to soon lay your head in the palm of hand. "The bodies were still there when I had left though I'm sure they plan on moving them later. A majority of the reapers had been from the German Branch so I think that they'll be taking them back to Germany."

The Undertaker hummed underneath his breath as if he was pondering about something. "And did you happen to find anything else while you were there?"

"Well yeah," you began. "You remember those riddles I told you about? The ones I had been getting several months ago."

"It's been months since you've been getting those riddles hasn't it?" The Undertaker asked you with a inquisitive expression. "Back when you had rescue that Midford girl from that puppet."

"Right. But when I was there in Houndsville trying to find the reapers, I happened to find that same riddle from before," you explained to him. "I had forgotten about it since it had been months since I last had heard it, but its been repeated again."

"That could only mean that the there's something important about the riddle," The Undertaker hypothesize with a curious tilt of his head. "What did the riddle state specifically."

"The past is always filled with secrets and lies. Only one place holds the truth and hidden venity. Come to this place of ancient knowledge and proditione," you cited, knowing that you still had no clue what the riddle was specifically talking about.

"Ancient knowledge and proditione," The Undertaker repeated in deep thought, his green-yellow eyes narrowed in deep concentration. "When it states ancient knowledge a place does comes in mine... but I'm not sure if it had anything to do with this," he quickly added after seeing you light up.

You quickly felt your mood drop upon hearing this and you let out a sigh before leaning back in your chair exasperated. "The things is I don't know what venity or proditione mean."

"Well that's because they're not English words," the Undertaker stated with a chuckle as he glanced your way. You were mesmerized by his phosphorescent eyes and you couldn't stop yourself from staring.

Undertaker had noticed that you were staring at his eyes and an amused chuckle left him before he leaned down closer to you. "Do you see something that you like?" He humorously asked.

You blushed as you sheepishly rubbed your neck. "I have no clue as to what you're talking about."

Undertaker simply laughed before he leaned back in his seat and you released a sigh in relief. Leave it to the Undertaker to humor you like that.

"As I was saying, venity and proditione aren't English words," the Undertaker continued on saying. "Venity means answer and proditione is a old Latin word that means betrayal."

"Betrayal? I guess that would correspond with secrets and lies, but in what way," you pondered out loud and the Undertaker could only shrug his shoulders in response.

"If the riddle is being repeated, I'm sure that the answer will appear sometime soon," the Undertaker stated. "Now shouldn't you be getting back home. I'm sure that the young lord and everyone else there is sure enough worried about you."

"You're right!" You exclaimed having realized that Ciel and the others were probably sure enough worrying about you. "Thanks for the talk Undertaker, it was good seeing you."

"Likewise (Y/N). Be sure to stop by again soon. Though I have a feeling that we'll be seeing each other soon," he stated, his green eyes watching as you stood up from the seat. "But how would you get there? Don't tell me you plan on walking there."

You gave him a smirk as you shook your head. "Nope I got an easier... well slightly difficult way to get back there. There's a spell that I've been practicing so that I would be able to use it."

"And that would be?" Undertaker curiously asked.

"Teleportation," you smirked. "It took me a while to get it since it's a very low four spell, but I managed to master it after a while."

"It seems that you have gotten stronger then," the Undertaker declared and you happily nodded your head in response.

"Yeah! I've really improved throughout the months thanks to Sebastian's training and my self practicing," you told him. "Well I should be getting going now, bye Undertaker."

Turning away from him, you closed your eyes in deep concentration as you focused on envisioning Ciel's study room. You focused on the details of the room, tracing over the grand desk that Ciel would always sit at, the bookcases that lined the walls and the chairs that you would occasionally lay in whenever you were accompanying him.

"Take me to the place I want to and teleport me in," you stated and you felt a cold sensation wash over your body.

"What the bloody hell?" A voice loudly yell and you opened your eyes to find yourself standing in Ciel's study room. You swiveled around to find Ciel standing over his desk in disbelief and astonishment at your sudden entrance, Sebastian standing next to him with widened eyes.

"Ciel! Sebastian!" You happily exclaimed upon seeing them. You quickly headed your way over toward them glad to see them again. Although it had been only three days, you still missed everyone from the manor. "I'm so glad to see you two!"

"(Y/N)! How did you do that?!" Ciel exclaimed to soon sit down in his chair having gotten over his shock.

"It's a teleportation spell that I've recently learned," you told him while you hopped up to sit on his desk like you always did. "Just came from the Undertaker's place. I went to visit him after I left from the reapers."

"I'm glad to see that you're unharmed," Ciel murmured as his eye glanced over your figure making sure that you were okay. "I was worried that something bad would happen while you were gone."

"I'm okay Ciel," you softly told him. "Nothing to bad happened when I was with the reapers."

"Still you could have gotten hurt," he protested and his hand lightly touched the top of yours.

"How did everything go?" Sebastian asked as he headed over to stand by your side, his red eyes soft and curious. "I'm sure everything went well with the reapers if you're back here."

"Well... it's something like that," you replied softly.

"What happened?" Ciel softly asked as he leaned forward in his seat inquisitive as to what you would say next. "I'm guessing things didn't go perfectly with your response."

You twiddled your thumbs against each other before sighing out loud. "We did manage to find the reapers, but they were dead by the time we got there. Ronald was right when he said that the culprit was a magic-user, but we still don't know who it is."

"Where did you happen to find the reapers at?" Ciel asked at your side and you glanced down to find him gazing blankly lost in thought.

"Houndsville," you answered. "Well they were in a dungeon in one of the old houses of the former town of Houndsville."

"I can only guess that the Queen has already renovated the previous Houndsville," Ciel assumed to which you nodded in response. "I'm surprised that you were able to find them at all."

"It's sad to hear that, I never would have expected that it would actually be a magic-user that was involved in this," Sebastian mournfully stated. "I'm curious as to what led him to kidnap all those reapers."

"Whoever it was must be powerful," Ciel deeply thought out loud. "Those reapers may be annoying and dense at times, but they are pretty strong."

"I think there's much more to this magic-user than I think there is," you seriously stated as you glanced at the both of them. "This magic-user who kidnapped and killed those reapers, I'm pretty sure is the same one who's been leaving those riddles for me. Not to mention there are other things that I think he's connected to."

"From what I can remember the last one that you had gotten was when we rescued Elizabeth from Drocell and his master," Sebastian remarked lost in thought. "What leads you to think this?"

"When I was there in that dungeon I came across a note that had the same riddle from then written on it," you informed the both of them, reflecting back on the incident. "The one that started with the past is always filled with secrets and lies."

"So you think that it was caused by the same person," Sebastian voiced, his gloved hand resting on his chin something that he did whenever he was deep in thought. "You said that you thought the person was connected to other things right?"

You nodded your head thinking back to ever strange phenomenon that you were sure was due to the magic-user. Your legs grew tired from having been sitting on Ciel's desk for a while so you hoped off to sit in the velvety chairs that were in front of it.

"I think he's been a cause for a majority of things. While we were there in that dungeon looking for the reapers, we were attacked by these animated corpses which I can only assume were reapers that the person might had experimented on. They were insensible, but they reminded me of someone from back then."

"Earl Trancy," Ciel mumbled out. "When he appeared at the Trancy Manor those months ago, he seemed to have been brought back to life and was a lot stronger than a typical person should have been."

"And if you remember young master, he also said that he had been brought back by Him," Sebastian reminded, deep in thought. "I'm not sure who He is, but it's likely to assume that he had been brought back by some spell of a magic-user."

"I don't think that covers it though," you told the both of them making them quickly glance over with troubled eyes.

"There's more?" Ciel demanded.

"You remember the mysterious figure who broke into the house both times?" You asked. "The first time, the person had given me the magic book and the other time it had attacked everyone in the manor and put us in that dream systematic. I'm positive that it's the same person as well."

"Damn. This person is more involved than I would have thought," Ciel muttered, clearly nerved by how things were going. "It puts us in a difficult spot since we have no clue on who this person is."

"If this is the guy who is leaving you behind these clue," Sebastian began to say. "Then this is the same person that Drocell's master had said wanted you. (Y/N), if this person is involved in everything then he's more of a danger than we believe he is."

"Yeah, I can see that," you softly responded desolate.

"Well enough of this serious talk," Ciel cut in leading you to glance over to him. "I'm just glad that you came back safe that's all that matters."

"Well I'm just glad to be home," you told the two of them with a smile. "I really did miss all of you guys."

"You must be exhausted, why don't you go ahead and get some sleep," Ciel advised watching as you let out a small yawn.

"Yeah, that sounds good right about now," you said as you stood up from the chair with a stretch.

"Oh by the way, you got a letter while you were gone," Ciel added as he reached into his desk and pulled out a letter to which he handed it to you. "I'm certain that's it's from Soma though I didn't bother to check to make sure."

"Thanks Ciel," you told him. "I'll see you guys in the morning."

"I'll stop by later to check up and see how you're doing," Ciel stated and you hummed in response to let him know that you had heard him.

You close the door behind you as you left the room and you felt a large smile come onto your face. You had been glad to see the two of them again and you were happy to know that you would be able to see the servants the next day. It was late out so as much as you wanted to go running off down the manor to find where Finny and the others were at, you were sure that they were probably in their rooms by now.

Upon getting to your room, you were reminded of the letter that Ciel had given to you. Once you had sat down on your bed, you pulled out the letter and flicked it open. Ciel was right when he had said that the letter had been from Soma and a smile crossed your face as you began to read.

Dear Soniye,

How have things been for you? I hope you're happy with the dolls that I got you, I won't be able to get anything else for some time now. I plan on visiting the Weston College soon which is close by to Ciel's Manor so sometime I'll stop by. I've really missed you (Y/N) and I really hope that you're doing good. I'll see you whenever I visit.

Soma

You smiled to yourself as you collapsed back in your bed. You were glad that Soma was doing good and after these few months you had come to miss the prince. You glanced back at the plush pile that had slowly grown over the course of the months, your gaze skimming over the eight of them.

You had always found it funny how each one that Soma had gotten for you always ended up looking like one of the Black Butler characters that you had come to know.

A knock from your door made you glance over towards it and you told the person that they could enter. The door creaked open and Ciel glanced inside the room coming to find you spread out on the bed.

"Ciel," you said as you pulled yourself up to sit in a crisscross position watching as he came over toward you he already dressed in his pajamas.

"I just came by to check on you," Ciel stated and you moved over so that he would be able to sit down next to you. "You sure you're doing alright?" He asked you again, his blue eye watching as you shifted yourself in place.

"Yeah, I mean there were some things that I wasn't to fond of seeing." You shuddered as you thought back to the pile of dead reapers bodies that you had found with the others. Pushing the thought out of your head you turned back to face Ciel.

"I'm just glad to be back," you told him with a sincere smile. "Did anything happen while I was gone."

"If you mean the servants breaking every single thing in the house and the Queen always sending me work then no nothing really has changed," Ciel stated with a witty smile in your direction.

You laughed as you envisioned the servants making a mess of the manor like they always seemed to do. "It seems that everything has been normal for all of you. It would be nice to have some of that normalcy again," you mused.

"It would be nice to have you here at the manor," Ciel murmured and you cast a swift glance toward him. "You know (Y/N)... I- I really missed you when you were gone," he said as his haze shifted glances across the room.

"I was only gone for three days though," you humored to which he started picking at his clothes.

"I know, its just that being in a household with just the servants and Sebastian gets very dull," he bashfully explained. "You bring more merriment when you're here in the household and its gets slightly lonely when you're not here. Ugh forget what I said. I should probably leave you to get your sleep."

He suddenly stood up and you could only stare at him with wide eyes, alarmed to find that he was going to go. "Wait Ciel!" You quickly called as you reached out to grab onto his forearm stopping him in place.

Ciel glanced back at you surprised at the fact that you had stopped him from leaving. "Hey Ciel... can you stay here for the night."

Instantly, Ciel's face lit up red as his gaze widened. "Wait, what!"

This time it was your turn to glance away from him bashful. "Like the time when you had the nightmare and I stayed with you for the night. Can you stay here and sleep next to me for tonight?"

"Umm sure," Ciel murmured as he headed over to you. "I'll keep you company for the night.'

"Thank you," you softly told him with a smile as you got comfortable underneath the seats and Ciel slowly joined you. "It feels like I'll be able to sleep for once."

"I guess I owe it to you to do something for once," Ciel murmured in the darkness of the room and you opened your eyes to see his shadowy figured in front of you. "Since you're always by my side and protecting me. I really need to thank you for that."

"There's really no need," you sincerely told him as you closed your eyes. "I'm just happy that you're safe. Good night Ciel."

"Good night (Y/N). I hope you have the best of sleep."

Hey guys, that's the end of the reaper arc I hope you guys enjoyed it. I've come to realize that some of you get confused between both of the James's that are in this book. There is the James that the reader saved from Houndsville and was kidnapped by the magic-user, then there's the shopkeeper whose store the reader occasionally shops at for Ciel's tea. I hope that helps to clear up confusion. Have a good day.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

15.9K 409 14
**this is a bxb book, if you dont like it, dont read it, i simply cant write about girls*** {unedited} Sebastian is fully aware of his desires for hi...
123K 2.8K 28
(y/n) was a girl from the 21st century. She has conflicts with her school and the people around her. One night she is given a blue pendant accompanie...
8.4K 168 27
Sebastian MichaelisXReader Ciel Phantomhive hadn't exactly told everyone that his sister, (fn), survived the fire from the manor and the torture the...
989K 38.1K 63
When home alone, Y/N has a strange encounter with a man claiming to be a television god, who grants her the ability to enter her favorite show, Black...