Is This Fate or Misfortune?

By Skyslovely

[Black Butler various x Reader] (Y/N) is one of the few rare humans who was gifted with magic powers in her w... More

Her Acquaintance, A Whole New World
Her Acquaintance, Waking Up To This!!
Her Acquaintance, The Phantomhive Household
Her Acquaintance, Out in town
His Butler, Able
His Butler, Strongest
His Butler, Omnipotent
His Butler, Capricious
His Butler, Chance Encounter
Her Acquaintance, A Picnic for Six
His Butler, Merrymaking
His Butler, Training
Her Acquaintance, Combat
His Butler, Phantom Image
Her Acquaintance, Masquerade
His Butler, On Ice
Her Acquaintance, The Invite
Her Acquaintance, Trancy Manor
Her Acquaintance, Captive
Her Acquaintance, Alois
Her Acquaintance, Right from Wrong
Her Acquaintance, Games
Her Acquaintance, Earl Trancy
His Butler, However You Please
His Butler, Forlorn
Her Acquaintance, Lessons
A/N
Her Acquaintance, Visit
Her Acquaintance, Puzzles and Spells
Her Acquaintance, The Knight
His Butler, Freeloader
His Butler, Supremacy Talented
His Butler, Competing
Her Acquaintance, The Choir
Her Acquaintance, I'm where!?
Her Acquaintance, Vacation
Her Acquaintance, A Run Into
Her Acquaintance, Beach
Ciel in Wonderland part 1
Ciel in Wonderland part 2
Her Acquaintance, Welcome to Weston
Her Acquaintance, New Faces
Her Acquaintance, Daily Life at Weston's
Her Acquaintance, Demon Butler
Her Acquaintance, Reaper's Quarters
Her Acquaintance, Clues Discovered
Her Acquaintance, The Past
Her Acquaintance, Pieces
Her Acquaintance, Of Coffins and Skulls
His Butler, Offering
His Butler, Transmitted
Her Acquaintance, Confusion
Is This Melodious or Diabolical?
Her Acquaintance Mini Shorts
Her Acquaintance, Uncertainty
Her Acquaintance, Rain
His Butler, Imprisoned
His Butler, Escaping
Her Acquaintance, History
Intermission: Timeline
Her Acquaintance, Prince
He Acquaintance, Reaper's Mission
Her Acquaintance, Tea
Her Acquaintance, Mischief
Her Acquaintance, A Demon's Heart
Her Acquaintance, Earl Phantomhive
Her Acquaintance, Appreciation
His Butler, Dissolution
His Butler, Up In Flames
His Butler, Fluent
Her Acquaintance, The End Part 1
Her Acquaintance, The End Part 2
Edward Ending
Prince Soma Ending
Grell Ending
Alois Ending
Finny Ending
Sebastian Ending
Ciel Ending
Author Note

His Butler, At the Funeral

9.9K 274 163
By Skyslovely

You stirred softly in place, a silky texture underneath your body and you skimmed your hand over it, letting out a small sigh in comfort. Suddenly, a wave of pain washed over your body, making you let out a small cry as you writhed around in pain. You scrunched up your eyes and clenched your fist as the pain slowly decreased down to a throb and you waited until it was gone. Slowly you cracked your eyes open, blinking your eyes against the light from the window, which was giving you a massive headache. 'Angelina,' the name flashed through your head, before fading down into your unconscious.

"She's awake." A female voice sounded from beside your bed and you craned your head to the side to see three blurry figures standing at the side of your bed.

You rubbed your eyes, causing your eye sight to focus more and you realized that it was Baldroy, Finny, and Mey-Rin who stood besides you; Mey-Rin being the one who had spoken. You sorely pulled yourself up to a sitting position, letting out a wince at the effort of having to sit up.

You could feel something soft wrapped around your abdomen and you pulled your shirt up to see that it was wrapped with a large bandage. Not only that your cheek and shoulder had also been covered with dressing and those areas were throbbing with an intense pain. You let out a hiss upon touching your abdomen and you jerked your hand away from the area.

You turned to look at the trio to see tears in the eyes of both Finny and Mey-Rin, while Baldroy looked down at you with a serious expression. Your hands kneaded the sheets that you were laying in as you avoided the eyes of everyone, knowing that you had alarmed them with your appearance.

"Good to see that your doing alright little lady. We had to dress you in those bandages when you got here," Baldroy said as his worried eyes glanced over your figure. "You were in such a bad shape when Sebastian and the young lord brought you in, we didn't know if you were going to make it."

He knelt over and carefully examined your figure, checking to make sure that you were doing okay. "How are you feeling?" He asked you as he ruffled your hair.

You tucked one of your strands behind your ear, letting out a wince at that movement, before answering him. "Pretty sore actually. It hurts to move," you told him. "But i'm alright."

Mey-Rin let out a sigh of relief, both her hands brought up underneath her chin as she gave you a anxious expression, her eyes filled with tears. "I'm so glad that your alright (Y/N), yes I am." She leaned over and gave you a hug, making you wince in pain due to how sore your body was. Seeing you do so, Mey-Rin quickly released you and jumped backward, giving you a distressed look. "I'm so sorry (Y/N), i just.." she trialed off, her eyes down cast to the ground as she shuffled her feet.

Baldroy placed his hand onto her shoulder as he gave her a small squeeze. "You weren't meaning any harm," he told her, but she still looked dejected at what she had done. "I'm going to go change the water and get some more medicine," she said as she picked up the bowl filled with water and a washcloth and she left the room with it.

Baldroy let out a sigh as his gaze traveled after Mey-Rin and he turned to give you an apologetic look. "I'm going to talk to her. I'm just glad that your okay," he said as he got up and followed after where Mey-Rin had left from. A soft murmur sounded at your side, making you look down at Finny who had been quiet for the entire occasion. His body trembled from where he leaned over onto the bed.

You leaned over him, giving him a troubled expression as you reached out and touched his cheek. "Finny are you okay," you whispered to him, causing him to stop shaking.

"Am I okay, what about you (Y/N)," Finny said as he raised his head up, tears streaming down his face as his fists clenched down onto the sheets of the bed. "Do you know how worried I was? When Sebastian brought you in and seeing the state that you were in," he choked on his words before continuing on. "I thought that you had died."

He squeezed his eyes shut as he sobbed out, his body sinking down onto the mattress of the bed. 'Finny..' you thought as you stared down at his figure and you couldn't help, but feel guilty at this. You should have been more careful, you didn't think about what the others would feel seeing your appearance. You reached out a hand to him and lightly stroked his hair. "I'm sorry Finny, i'm sorry. I never wanted you to feel this way," you said as you gazed down at him with melancholy eyes.

Finny looked up at you, his eyes glazed over due to the fact that he had been crying. Letting out a choked sob, he grasped onto your figure softly crying into the sheets on your stomach. "Promise me that you won't ever put your self in harm's way," he wailed out as his arms wrapped around you.

You gazed tenderly down at Finny as you ruffled his hair back, causing him to gaze up at you, his eyes wide as tears dribbled down them. "I promise.." you whispered out. You gazed down at you with a small smile, yet you still couldn't help but feel somber at what you had said. Deep down you knew, that you wouldn't be able to hold true to the promise, for you already knew for sure that there would be plenty of times where you would be in harm's way.

Finny let out a happy smile as his grip on you tightened, making you grimace in pain and he scrambled backward, worry written on his face. "I'm sorry (Y/N), I just," he stammered out.

You let out a small chuckle as you reached out and pulled him toward you, giving him a large hug. "It's fine Finny," you said as you closed your eyes. "Thank you for worrying about me."

You pulled back as you started to throw the covers off of you, keen on getting out of the bed.

"What are you doing?" Finny said all flustered as his eyes darted back and forth. "You should stay in bed that way you can heal properly."

You grimaced as you twisted your body toward the side of the bed once you had pulled all the covers off of you. "I don't want to be coped up in this room all day. I need fresh air." Slowly yet steadily, you pushed yourself off of the bed, landing besides Finny and you staggered in place.

Raising one hand up to your face, you used the other one to brace yourself against the bed as a wave of dizziness struck you and your vision went dark. "(Y/N)!!" You heard Finny voice called out to you, but all you could make out was a loud buzz in your ears.

And just as quick as it came, it vanished as if it never happened. "It's okay Finny, i'm fine. Just a bit dizzy," you said. Your senses focused and it was then that you felt two hands touching your waist and you looked up to stare at Finny with wide eyes.

Realizing what he had done, Finny quickly released his hold on you, a light blush on his face and he gave you a shy smile. His face instantly turned into one of alarm as his eyes were locked onto something on your face. "(Y/N) your nose!"

Quickly, you reached your hand up to feel something warm and wet coming from out of your nose and you dabbed at it with your hand. Pulling it down, your eyes widened in dismay at the fact at seeing a smear of blood on it. Turning your face away from Finny, you wiped at the rest of the blood with your arm until you were sure that it was gone.

"It's nothing Finny, like I said before i'm perfectly fine so you don't have to worry," you told him and gave him a convincing smile, but the look on his face was a dead give away that he didn't believe you.

You stumbled forward, before managing to get your balance. 'Angelina,' the name ranged in your head and you swiveled around to face Finny. "Angelina!" you exclaimed out. "What happened to Angelina!!" You clutched onto Finny's shirt, distress swirling in your eyes as you stared at him.

Finny's eyes darted away from your gaze, but you could still see a hint of anguish in them. "I guess no one told you. (Y/N), Angelina died yesterday. Their holding her funeral this evening."

You collapsed down to the floor, tears welling up in your eyes as the events that had happened yesterday.

"NOO ANGELINA!!" You cried out as you grabbed onto her hand once more, preventing it from falling out of your grasp. "I saved you. Your suppose to be alive and healthy," your eyes flickered over her figure as tears streaked down your face, splashing down onto the ground below.

"I'm sorry.." Angelina's voice trailed off as her head tilted to the side as her eyes slowly feel shut. The hand that you were holding went limb and you desperately searched her face for any signs of life, but to no avail. "No no no. Angelina you can't do this to me. You can't leave me. You said that you would teach me how to play chess." You clutched at her figure as your body began to tremble and you felt another wave of pain wash over you. "Im sorry Angelina.." you whispered out as your body flopped down onto your side, your vision going hazy.

Tears streamed down the sides of your face and you pulled yourself up into a ball as you sobbed out. Even with all you had, you still had fail and as a result Angelina still died in the end. "I'm so sorry Angelina," you choked out as your nails dug into your skin.

"It's not your fault (Y/N). You did all you could to save Angelina," Finny said as he crouched down and wrapped his arms around you.

"But it wasn't enough," you stuttered out.

"And yet you were able to do something," Finny said. He stood up and held a hand out to you, which you slowly took. Pulling you up he said, "Come on now. Let's leave this stuffy room."

He pulled you up and gradually led you out of the room. You stumbled down the hallway, Finny sticking close next to you in means of if you ended up falling down again. You were thankful of Finny for being here and comforting you in your time of need.

As Finny led you through the manor, your thoughts went to think about Angelina. Angelina was someone you had learned to trust in. She was caring, nice, and sweet. Toward's you, she had such a loving personality always lending you a helping hand and giving you advice. She was like the mother you had never had.

Your eyes welled up with tears as you thought more about it. Ever sense you had lost your parents at the tender age of ten, you had forgotten what it felt like to be loved, to have someone care about you and want the best for you. And then Angelina came in.

She had gave you the love that you had forgotten over the past few years. You admired her for her strengths and her ability to push forward, though you didn't accept what she had done. A tear dripped down your cheek and you wiped it away, so that Finny wouldn't see you crying once again.

You would never forget Angelina and would always keep her in your heart. 'I'm sorry that I wasn't able to protect you Angelina, but I hope you find peace where ever you are.'

"Hey little missy, you alright there," you jerked out of your trance, to find yourself in the sitting room; Bard being the one who had spoken. Clearing the thoughts from your head, you gave him a small smile as you said, "I'm doing okay Bard, thanks for asking."

Mey-Rin stood next to him, her eyes cast down to the floor as she twiddled her fingers together. "My apologies for what happened earlier (Y/N). I wasn't meaning on hurting ya," she said.

You pulled her into a hug as you whispered out, "Just like Bard said, l know you didn't mean any harm. So it's okay Mey-Rin."

You turned to look at all of them, wanting to know just what had happened. "Do you guys think you can tell me what happened yesterday? It feels weird waking up and not knowing anything," you said.

Bard glanced at the others before giving a curt nod. "Well, it was late at night and we were all sleeping in our beds. The next thing I know we were all awoken by some loud banging in the house and we all ran out of our rooms thinking that someone was per chance trying to break in."

"Next thing we saw, was you lying unconscious in Sebastian's arms, a whole lot of bruises and some cut marks on you. Not to add the fact that you were covered with blood. I thought you were a goner," he said sadly and you could see Mey-Rin and Finny trembling in place.

"So I really looked that bad," you hushed out.

Bard nodded. "It was pretty bad. Next thing that happened everyone was rushing everywhere trying to do something to help. Once we finally were able to stop the bleeding and patch you up, we left you to sleep for the night." He glance over to where Finny was standing, "Finny insisted on staying with you for the rest of the night and you've been asleep till the afternoon."

You looked over at Finny who's cheeks lit up pink and he looked away. "Thank you Finny," you said as you stared at the gardener. "Thanks for being there."

"It was nothing," Finny said as he shuffled his feet.

You turned back to look at Bard. "I've really been asleep for that long?"

"Yup and it's a good thing that you woke up, otherwise we would of though that you were in a coma and that wouldn't have been a good thing."

"Thanks you helping me," you said as you gave them a warm smile. "I am so glad that I was able to meet you all. Your such wonderful friends to have."

"Oh bollocks," Mey-Rin said as a light blush appeared on her face. "Your making me blush, oh golly." She let out a large smile as she clamped both of your hands in hers. "I'm glad to that we were able to meet as well."

A large weight was felt on your head and you looked up to see that Bard had placed his hand on it. "It was an honor to meet you little missy," he said as he ruffled your hair.

You turned to look at Finny who was gazing at you with a smile on his face. "I'm glad that we were all able to get to know all of you, especially you (Y/N). Everyone in the Phantomhive Manor is family and i'm glad that you were able to become apart of it.

"That's right," Bard exclaimed out and gave Finny a nod of agreement. "Your apart of the family now and your sticking with us, no matter how crazy we get."

You let out a laugh at this and you could feel a smile grow on your face as you looked between the three who stood before you. "Thank you guys so much. I'm happy to be apart of this family," you said with a smile.

Peering around the room you saw that Ciel and Sebastian were standing a while away conversating with one another. "What are they talking about?" you asked the others as you pointed in the direction of Ciel and Sebastian.

Bard glanced over in the direction that you were pointing at. "Oh, their preparing to leave for the funeral. It's almost the afternoon, so it should be starting soon," he said as he scratched the back of his neck. "The carriage should be coming around soon to bring us to the church."

You watched as Ciel glanced over toward where you were standing at, ceasing his conversation with Sebastian. Making his way over toward you with Sebastian on his tail, he came to a stop in front of you. "How are your wounds feeling?" Ciel asked you, his tone dull, but you could still see a flicker of worry in his eyes.

You rubbed the back of your neck as you answered him, "I'm doing okay, " you lowered your voice as you also said, "My powers help speed up the process, but there will still be faint marks from the injuries and it won't stop the headaches and dizziness."

"It's nice to see that your doing better my lady," Sebastian said as his eyes skimmed over your figure and you knew that he was checking out your wounds. "However, we can't forget what happened with you last night."

Ciel nodded as his one eye dull of any emotion stared into your own. "Sebastian's right about that. What you did last night needs to be discussed, but we well talk about it later." A sorrowful look was displayed in his eyes as he glanced off to the side and you could see his hand tighten around the cane he was holding. "Today is a day of mourning the loss of Madame Red," he said as he turned around. "The carriage is here, we should go before we're late."

You remembered what Bard had said earlier about Sebastian bringing you and you knew that you just had to thank him. Stumbling forward, you grasped your hand onto Sebastian's tailcoat, causing him to turn and look at you. "I just wanted to thank you for last night. Bard told me that you were the one who had carried me here so thanks."

Sebastian let out a small smirk as he gazed down at you. "It was nothing really, I was simply just following the orders of the young master," he said nonchalantly. "i guess he figured that it'd be a shame if he loss someone as valuable as you."

Your eyebrow irked at the mention of that, but you simply chose to ignore it. "Well thanks anyway Sebby," you said as a way to get underneath his skin.

Sebastian let out a sigh as a look of disbelief appeared on his face and he gazed down at you taken aback. "Sebby," he said perplexed. Ciel had already walked away from the two of you followed by the four servants and they headed toward the front doors.

"It's a cute nickname I thought I could call you," you informed him as you tried to hid the small smirk that was on your face. "I mean at least i'm not calling you Bassy," you said with a chuckle.

Sebastian's eyes twitched at the nickname that Grell would call him. "Don't remind me of that idiot." Seeing that Ciel and the others had already exited the house, he informed you that the two of you should probably be heading after the others, knowing that they were most likely waiting for the tow of you.

You headed alongside Sebastian as the two of you headed out of the house to see the others already piling onto two separate carriages that was parked in front of the house. You watched as Sebastian headed toward where Ciel was standing by his own carriage and he gave Sebastian a look of annoyance.

"What was taking you so long?" He demanded to Sebastian as he began to step his way into the carriage.

Shrugging your shoulders, you made your way over to the carriage that Ciel was getting into, not caring if he disapproved. As you got closer, you were able to hear Sebastian clearly as he answered back.

"Well you see my lord, I was having a chat with (Y/N) about something," he said as you came to a stop at his side.

"Well because of you two we're running a bit behind." Ciel sat down on the velvety seats and you hopped in to sit on the opposite side. Ciel glanced up at you bewildered and you flashed him a small smirk. "Weren't you planning on making a big entrance anyway," you told him.

"What are you doing in here?" Ciel proclaimed out as you settled yourself down into the soft velvety cushions of the carriage.

"I'm just merrily taking a ride with you guys." You tilted your head as you gaze at him with a fake innocence. "I don't see any problem riding in this carriage."

The carriage lurched forward, cutting off what Ciel was going to say and you settled down further into the seats, letting out a sigh for you were glad that you were able to sit back for a while.

As the carriage traveled further into town, the mood in the atmosphere was beginning to become heavy-hearted. You could feel a heavy weight rest onto your shoulders the closer the carriage got to where the funeral would be heading. You remained quiet as you thought over the fact that the day would be the last one where Angelina's life would be mourned over.

Ciel was quiet as he reached over and pulled out a long box that was placed underneath the carriage.

Taking off the top, he placed it to the side and you watched as he stroked whatever was inside of it. Your eyes widened as you put together what must have been inside of the box. A flash of red caught your eyesight from in the box and this proved your inference.

"Your planning on giving that to Angelina aren't you?" You questioned Ciel as you stared at the red dress that nested inside of the box surrounded by stuffing. Even without him saying anything, you already knew the answer to the question due to the fact that you had seen the anime.

Ciel nodded as he stroke the fabric of the dress. It was hard to tell what he was thinking as his eyes stared down at the dress. "I heard that they were going to have her wear a white dress today. It seems they didn't know her all that well. Red's always been her color."

You couldn't help but agree with what Ciel had said. There was a reason why she called herself Madame Red. Red would always be Angelina's color and she would always look good in it. If it was her time to leave this world, then she should go in the color that suited her best.

"I just wish I could give her more than this," Ciel muttered out. An idea crossed your mind that you were that he was going to like. "What about dozens of red roses," you suggested. "It can be my last gift to her," you mumbled out.

Glancing up at you, Ciel gave you a nod showing that he approved with what you were saying. "Yet where are we going to get them from, unless i have Sebastian go obtain them."

"Don't worry, just leave it to me," you told him.

The rest of the way was spent in complete silence as you stared out the window, rethinking over all the memories that you had created with Angelina. The carriage eventually slow down to a complete stop and in the distance you heard the ringing of the bell most likely coming from the church.

'I guess we're here,' you thought as you watched as Sebastian open the door to the carriage and Ciel stepped out with you behind him. Looking around the area that you were in, you found yourself standing outside the front of a church, a large bell ringing on top of the roof.

It seemed that Ciel must have ordered Sebastian to bring over a large wooden wagon that was on the the side of the building. Heading your way over to it, Ciel gestured toward the wagon and it was clear what he was waiting for you to do.

"Olden hope, doom and gloom, make this land blossom and bloom," you chanted out and you stumbled after the spell had finished. A splintering pain was felt in your head and you placed a hand over it as you massage your temple. 'Guess it wasn't a good idea to use magic after a spell like last night.'

You watched as the ground began to part as small green sprouts began to push their way out of the dirt. Small buds began to grow onto the plants as the stem began to grow in height, stretching in an effort to touch the sky. At last the bud began to split open, red petals bursting through until the entire courtyard was a red filled sea of flowers.

You leaned against the the side of the wagon, watching as Sebastian quickly collected all of the roses, most likely following Ciel's order. In the next second, the entire wagon was filled with the beautiful color of red and you lightly stroke one of the petals of a rose.

Picking up one, you made your way over to where Ciel was standing and placed it in the chest pocket of his suit. "Please give this to Angelina," you told him as you gazed into his eyes. "This can be my last gift to her."

"I'll be sure to give it to her," Ciel said before turning around to face the door of the church. You could hear music coming from the inside of the church which concluded that the service had already started. Sebastian handed the dress down to Ciel, who then pushed the door open to be welcomed by shocked looks.

Without saying a word, Ciel walked in, his eyes locked onto the casket that was placed in front of the room. A red petal streamed by past you and you turned to see a countless number of them floating into the building causing everyone to gasp.

'This is my gift to you Angelina,' you thought as you watched as Ciel drape the dress over Angelina's body and he placed the rose that you had given him into Angelina's hair.

The service went on peaceful, coming to an end about an hour later and the guest began to take their leave, heading back to their homes to mourn the loss of Angelina themselves. Mey-Rin and the others were waiting in their carriage for the young master, and you glanced around trying to see where him and Sebastian were at.

However, you weren't able to catch any sight of them and you began to make your way inside of the church, finding yourself in a different area from where they had held the ceremony.

A long hallway stretched in front of you and you began to make your way down it. Heading further down the hallway, you began to pick up voices coming from further down and as you got closer you could make out several figures in front of you. As you got closer, you recognized them to be Sebastian, Ciel, and Lau and you watched as Lau waved goodbye to them both as he headed away from them.

You watched as Ciel mention something to Sebastian and they turned as if they were about to leave. There was no way that you were going to allow them to leave without you and you scrambled your way over to where they were.

"Wait up," you cried out as you came to a stop besides them, breathing heavily for your body still wasn't fully healed. "You guys can't just leave me."

Ciel looked surprised at the fact that you were here, before his expression reverted back to a dull one. "Fine then, we were just going to visit someone," he told you as he began to make his way down the hall.

You fell in step beside him as you realized on who he was planning on visiting. Your eyes widened as you comprehended that he still felt guilty about what had happened to the lady who had died last night. "Ciel you know it wasn't your fault," you informed him as empathy swirled in your eyes.

Ciel eyes lowered down and you could see remorse in them. "Still, if we had gotten there sooner , she still might have been alive."

"But there was no knowing that would have happen Ciel. You did all you could. I'm sure that she would at least be happy to know that the killer wouldn't be harming anymore people."

Ciel said nothing after that as you guys left the building, coming out to stand in a large grassy field filled with countless numbers of gravestone. Ciel seemed to know where he was going and navigated his way through the gravestones until he came to a stop at a certain one with the name Mary Kelly written on it.

'Even the Undertaker is here,' you thought as you eyesight focused onto the Undertaker who was standing besides the gravestone, a shovel propped against it. You could only assume that he had been the one who had buried her in this spot. In his hands, was a bouquet of white lilac flowers, probably meant for the lady who was buried there.

"Well well, I guess I should have known that you would end up coming here," Undertaker said as Ciel came to a stop in front of the grave, staring at it without saying a word.

"Oh it's nice to see you too," Undertaker said in your direction and you nodded your head toward him and gave him a small smile.

"Hey Undertaker," you said.

He came up to you as he placed a finger underneath your chin and drew it up to where you were looking up at him. "So your still mourning for that Madame," he said.

Your eyes glazed over at the thought of Angelina and you turned your head away. "Of course i'm going to miss her a lot," you said as tears gleamed in your eyes.

"Just because the dead has left this world, it doesn't always mean that they will be forgotten," Undertaker said, a wise tone in his voice. He withdrew his finger from your chin as he turned to face Ciel.

"I will never forget her," you whispered underneath your breath and you meant every word of it.

"This was my last customer from Jack the Ripper," Undertaker said as he came to a stop at Ciel's side.

"Apparently she was an immigrant. She had no family in the country to claim her body."

"So the kind Earl here hired me to pretty here up. A kind noble act of him," Undertaker said.

"This isn't noble at all. The noble thing would have been to save her and I would have if I had put her first, but no I had to catch them thinking Jack the Ripper was more important. I knew they intended to kill her. I knew and i let her die. Along with my aunt."

"Ciel," you whispered out as you gazed at him with sorrow. 'It wasn't your fault.'

"You regret what you did my lord," Undertaker said.

"No i don't," Ciel said sternly. "Jack the Ripper is gone forever and I've done exactly as her majesty asked me too."

"Victoria ehh, that's much like her. She just sits back and let you do all her dirty work. Doesn't seem fair to me." Undertaker said as he placed a hand on his face.

"There's a lot more about her that meets the eyes," you muttered out underneath your voice.

"That's what the Phantomhive's do it's our duty," Ciel said as he raises the hand up that had the blue ring on it. "Passed down through generations along with this ring."

"That ring reminds me of a collar that you would put on a dog. Your forever tied to the Queen for your duty," Undertake said as he wrapped his arms around Ciel as he squished him against him.

"I chose this life. Stop!!" Ciel demanded as he shoved the Undertaker off of him, however the Undertaker reached down and grasped onto Ciel's tie pulling him up to his face.

"Lord Phantomhive, you should be wary of the path that duty may take you. That collar may choke you," Undertaker said warning him. He released his hold on Ciel's tie causing him to fall back into Sebastian. "We wouldn't want that now would we."

He handed the bouquet that he was holding to Ciel as he said, "Be sure to come bye if you need my assistance again. You and that butler of yours are always welcome. Oh and the magic user too," he said as he looked back at you and let out a cackle as he walked away.

You were stunned in place, to shock to even form words. How did he knew that you were able to use magic. You never told anyone else that you were able to use it. You knew that the only people who would know would be Ciel, Sebastian, and Grell, but how was he able to find out.

Could he have been the mysterious person who had broken into the Phantomhive Manor that one night? No it couldn't have been him, the figure didn't seem to have the same body figure, so then how.

You shook your head and turned to look at both Ciel and Sebastian who was giving you a puzzled look wondering if by chance you had told him. "I never told him anything," you told them quickly, trying to clear up the silent questioning. "I don't know how he knows, but I swear I said nothing."

"If you say so," Ciel turned away as he bent down and place the bouquet down onto the grave.

"I'm going to go wait with the others," you informed the both of them as you turned and began to make your way back to where the carriages were at. "I guess i'll see you guys there."

You made your way back over the grassy hills and trekked your way back toward where the front of the church was at. 'Never thought that it would be this far,' you thought as you took in a gulp of air. You stumbled your way over to where the carriage was slowly, due to the fact that your wounds were screaming out in pain.

Slowly yet steadily, you had managed to make your way to the front of the church and you could now see the outline of the carriage up ahead. Peering closer, you could see that Bard, Mey-Rin and Finny were conversating with one another, while Tanaka stood by drinking his tea.

"Oi (Y/N)! What are you doing!?" You heard Bard shout at you and you watched as he hoped out of the carriage, heading toward you. "You know you shouldn't be putting yourself through this much labor, especially with those wounds of yours."

"You don't have to worry Bard, I'm alright," you told him as you waved him off.

"It's obvious that your clearly in pain (Y/N). You don't need to hide it and pretend to be strong. We're your family now, we help one another."

You were happy to hear him say those words. It felt nice to be apart of a family. You've been alone most of your life that you had forgotten what it felt like to be cherished.

"Thanks Bard," you told him as you let out a sigh of weariness. "It would be nice to get off of my feet."

"I thought so." Without saying a word, Bard bent down and scooped you up in his arms, causing you to let out a squeak in surprise.

"Bard!" You exclaimed out as he carried you toward the carriage. Even with your protest, you were still grateful for what Bard was doing. He placed you down into the carriage besides Mey-Rin who gave you a reassuring smile.

"Thanks for the help Bard," you told him with a small smile.

"Like I said before, we're here to help."

"Oh it seems the young lord is coming back, yes he is," Mey-Rin exclaimed out and you turned to around to see that Sebastian and Ciel were heading their way back toward the carriage.

"We will be heading home immediately," Ciel let you guys know before he stepped back into his own carriage, Sebastian stepping up to drive it.

With a flick of his wrist, the carriage lurched forward traveling out and away from the church, the carriage you were in closely following it's tail.

You settled yourself down in the seat, closing your eyes for you were glad that you had a chance to sit down and relax. Your feet was killing you and your wounds were screaming out in pain for you had over exhausted yourself.

"You doing okay?" Finny asked you as he slid in next to you.

You cracked your eyes opened, and glanced over to look at Finny. Pushing yourself up, you gave him a small smile, "Yeah," you told him. "It's just a small headache, i'll be fine if I get some sleep."

"Let's hope that it blows over quickly," Finny said. The carriage lurched forward as it rolled along down the street and you watched as people pass by in a blur.

You closed your eyes as the carriage continued on, listening to the other servants converse with one another and the clicking of the horses hooves against the pathway. You kept your eyes closed for the rest of the ride, finally opening them when you felt that the carriage had come to a complete stop and you heard the others shuffling as they began to get out.

Bard helped you climb out of the carriage and he set you down at it's side. Thanking him for helping you, he then turned to follow the others back into the manor. Your gaze turned to watch Sebastian and Ciel as they headed their way up to the house, the carriages pulling away from the manor.

Exhausted, you limped your way over to where they were standing at and let out a small cough to let them know that you were there. Ciel turned around to look at you, "Just the person I needed to see," he said. "We need to discuss on what happened last night with the Jack the Ripper case."

He gestured to follow him and he lead you and Sebastian into the manor and the three of you began to your way throughout the hallway. From where he was leading you guys, you could assume that he was probably bringing the three of you toward the library.

Your assumption was proved correct, when Ciel pushed opened a door at the end of the hallway and you found yourself surrounded by a countless number of books. Turning around to face Ciel, a serious expression came onto your face just as Sebastian closed the door.

"So you want to know the whole truth," you said as you leaned against one of the cushioned chairs that was in the room.

Ciel headed over to one of the chairs, taking a seat at it. "Of course I do, that was the reason why I brought you here. Last night, that reaper Grell said something about you using magic, which is something that I know I clearly saw you use. Not only that, but you somehow knew that he was reaper, which sparked my interest."

You let out a sigh as you settled yourself down into the chair that you were leaning onto. "So i guess I haven't told you guys everything about myself," you began to say. Letting out another sigh, you were worried about what would happen if you told them the full truth about yourself, but considering that they didn't do anything when they did find out, you were sure that you were most likely okay.

Your gazed hovered on Ciel, wondering what would he do when he discovers the complete truth about you. You weren't surprised if Ciel would plan on using you due to what you were and what you knew. It didn't matter though, you had planned to help Ciel no matter what would happen in the future and because you had watched the anime, you know knew things that could be avoided and maybe even stopped.

"Firstly," you started, nodding toward Sebastian who was standing off to the side. "I know everything about you and who Sebastian is." Upon hearing this, Sebastian got closer toward you, a gleam in his eyes.

"So you know that I'm a demon?" He asked and his eyes glinted pink as they stared into your own.

You nodded your head at his question. "Not only that, but that you also had a contract with Ciel here. I've know ever since I first arrived here at the Phantomhive Manor."

"And you've never said anything!!" Ciel proclaimed. Ciel's one blue eye studied you intensely, and you could feel his curiosity in the air and it was nearly suffocating.

"Well I never knew what you would do if you found out that I knew," you told him, staring him straight in the eye. "You could have ordered Sebastian to dispose of me maybe or you could have tried to use me as one of your pawns."

Ciel remained quiet, which could only prove that your accusation was correct. "So you know that Sebastian is a demon and holds a contract with me. What about you? You still haven't told us anything about who you are," he said.

"As you saw from last night, I can use magic and I've always been able to ever since I was a young girl," you began to tell them.

"So your a witch of some kind, then." Sebastian stated, not asked. Knowing him, he probably already had an idea of what you were, but decided to keep it to himself until it was made clear.

"I guess you can say it like that, but I prefer the saying magic user. That's what we've come to call ourselves."

"We," Ciel questioned as he shifted in his seat and gave you an inquiring look.

"Just as there is many demon and reapers, there are also a large group of magic users, even though I've only known a few including my parents," you informed him. You shuddered at the memory of seeing some of the friends you had grown up to love be executed before your eyes and you shivered at the memory of their screams.

"Though that's not everything that I've told you."

At this Ciel glanced up, interest sparking more in his eye as they locked on onto yours, and though his tone was dull almost as if he was bored, but you could tell that he clearly was eager to hear more. "Than what is else?"

"I'm.. i'm also from another world," you said slowly wondering how they were going to take the news, especially when you would tell them that you in that world you were from the future.

"Another world!!" Ciel exclaimed out as he lurched to his feet, his eyes wide in astonishment. Recovering quickly, he sat down back into his seat, his features back into a neutral expression.

Sebastian let out a smirk at Ciel's outburst, before heading over to where you sat at and came to a stop in front of you. "So your saying you've come from another dimension. A dimension traveler."

You raked a hand through your hair and nodded, "Sorta like that, but it was a spell I found in a book at my house. Oh and it's up to you if you believe me or not to this point, but in that world I came from the year of 2017,"

"So not only from another dimension, but from the future in that world," Sebastian said curiosity swirling around in his eyes. "Now that's interesting."

Ciel sat up straighter, his eyes filled with questions and interest as to the entire situation that you were in. "And yet why are you here? In this world and time. You said you have parents, don't you think that their going to miss you?"

Your gaze drooped down as grief struck your heart and you lowered your head. It hurt hard to remember your parents and what had happened to them in your time. Your fist clenched onto your dress as you could hear the echoes of your parents scream as the AMA killed them in your house.

"That's the thing," you started to say with a whisper, and you bit your lip to try to stop it from trembling. "You see in my world, people like me weren't generally.. accepted into society. There was this organization there, they called themselves the AMA, and their duty was to hunt down magic users like myself. They.. they ended up killing my parents.." Heartache was evident in your tone and you could feel tears beginning to form in your eyes, but you held them back.

"I'm sorry for that," Ciel said, his voice sincere, and you could tell that he was probably thinking about his own parents who had died in the fire years ago.

"It's getting late, why don't we continue this conversation another day," Ciel said. "You should get some rest. It's been a long day."

You nodded your head and got up from the seat. "Your right, I should probably call it a night." Giving Sebastian a curt nod, you wished him and Ciel a goodnight and began to make your way toward the door.

You paused for a second turning around to address Ciel one last time. "This may come as confusing, but you remember the guy I told you who had broken into the manor, well he ended up leaving me this spell book. I don't know why or for what, but I just thought that I'll at least let you know."

Ciel gave you a nod, "Thanks for telling me at least. Sebastian," he addressed the butler standing besides him. "I'll like you to accompany (Y/N) to her room."

Sebastian bowed down. "Yes my lord," he said before turning toward you. "Well shall we."

You nodded your head. "Yeah."

You were glad that you had finally gotten to tell Ciel and Sebastian about who you really were. You at least wanted to Mey-Rin and the others about your ability to use magic and also about your past life. They had all gone through things such as you did and you felt that they could understand where you were coming from.

'Maybe now things will be better.'

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

9.9K 103 8
I haven't watched black butler in years, but I still like the characters so I'll write about them from time to time! (Moved from old account on anoth...
162K 4.1K 26
This is my first story I have ever made. I don't own black butler, or any of there characters. (Y/N) is a beautiful half cat demon, half human. Wonde...
129K 4.1K 27
I turned the letter over in my hand, I hadn't seen my dear sister, Cecilia, since the fire, the doctors weren't sure she'd make it and she'd spent th...
147K 3.4K 18
Hey guys! So this story is about black butler and well it's a very twisting story , you are going to love it! Anyways, it's the reader goes to the wo...