The Madness Within- Jeremiah...

By StoryBat129

Clarissa stood beside Jerome through his best and worst moments. She was his queen, and now she's lost her ki... More

Her Name is Clarissa
Mr Valeska
Tense
Secrets of our Present and Past
Breaking Down
Locked Up
Brother's Desire
Bye Bye
Loyalties
A Little Push
Blowing up the Tower
50 Million
Videos and Dreaming
The Beginning of Something Great
Beauty and the Psycho
Black Coffee, Two Sugars
Dearest
Tick Tick
The Gangs All Here
Curious
Author Note

Fire and Fury

364 15 3
By StoryBat129

Walking downstairs, Clarissa let her hand trail along the metal railing of the staircase. It was cold to the touch, smooth and icy. She kept walking, her feet echoing on the metal steps. The walls were bare concrete, and as she continued, she heard muffled voices coming from a large room. This was where Jeremiah now kept the cultists. As she drew closer, she heard Ecco laughing from somewhere, and she bit her lip. She hadn't seen much of Ecco, and she didn't like not knowing where she was. Especially if she wasn't beside Jeremiah. 

Coming to a halt in front of a large green metal door, Clarissa peaked inside. It was a large square room with tables and chairs and a television hooked up in the corner. It was news coverage, of something that probably related to Jeremiah. She opened the door and walked inside. Immediately she felt at home. These people were hers. 

"Miss Clarissa!" called a voice, and a young woman ran up to her, bowing deeply. 

''Hey there,'' she said, smiling at the woman, and was suddenly surrounded by people. They were chanting her name, desperate for attention. Eventually, she had to put up her hands for silence. 

"How is everyone? I know it's been a while."

"We don't trust Jeremiah. Jerome was our king, and you are our queen,'' said one. 

"We will carry on the legend of Jerome Valeska!'' cried another. 

"Wait, wait. Tell me what brought this on,'' she said patiently and gestured for them to sit down. Her heart was beating heavily at the mention of Jerome, and she felt nervous. Would they hurt Jeremiah?

"Look. Jim Gordon is alive!'' said a man leaning against the wall. Clarissa looked up and blinked several times as she stared into Jim Gordon's bruised face. It was like a rock had hit her in the chest, winding her.

"Jerome would never have made that mistake."

"He's dead. Jeremiah is leading us," said Clarissa quietly, brushing a strand of hair behind her ear.  One of the cultists took her arm.

"Then take him down and be our queen!''

''Yes! Queen Clarissa!"

"Jim Gordon lives, Jeremiah is a liar!"

"Liar!"

"Stop...'' said Clarissa, but the cultists had started to become restless. 

''Hey!'' she cried, and a few paused, looking at her.

''How could Jim Gordon be alive?''

The door opened, and the cultists froze as Jeremiah walked into the room. His eyes traveled over the scene before him. He glared around at the cultists, who were pretending that nothing had happened, that Jim Gordon wasn't alive. They were smiling at him, bowing and chanting his name. Until one of the cultists changed the channel, and Jim Gordon's face appeared. 

''Clarissa? Why are you conversing with these people?'' he asked. 

''They're my followers, Jeremiah. I'm allowed to talk to them."

''I see..."

"This is a message for the followers of Jeremiah Valeska," said Jim Gordon, his face bruised and battered as he spoke into the camera. Jeremiah's eyes were wide, and he was glaring at Clarissa. She felt her face heat up as she walked to his side, facing the cultists. The woman who had first spoken mouthed something to her. 

"Long live Jerome."

"Jeremiah claims to have killed me. Well bad news, I'm still alive."

Jeremiah's face contorted, and Clarissa could see the rage and fear on his face. 

''No. No, no it's a trick. I killed him."

"It's ok Jeremiah,'' said Clarissa quietly.

Long live Jerome. Long live Jerome. Long live Jerome.

"So, just know you're worshipping a fraud. A pale imitation of Jerome. You did your worst Jeremiah and I'm still here.''

"Long live Jerome," muttered one of the cultists closest to Clarissa, and she looked at him, giving a warning glance. 

Is Jeremiah worth this? Stand by him Clarissa and you'll see.

"You lied to us!"

"Gordon's alive!''

The cultists began to yell, slowly closing in. They had waited long enough. 

"What does it matter whether he's alive? When I hit this switch, we will hear the sounds of a new world being made!"

He pulled out a detonator, and Clarissa muttered "Our world."

"Eeny meeny miny moe, which of you will make this blow?"

"Liar! He's a liar!"

"Liar, liar!"

The yells began to grow louder, and every so often the chants would become "Long live Jerome and Clarissa!"

Jeremiah's face became deadly, and he smiled at Clarissa.

"Stop!" he roared, and the shouts silenced. The cultists stood frozen around them, looking angry and betrayed. Clarissa could feel the tension as they stared at Jeremiah, and she carefully linked her arm around his.

"I want you all to know, that I find your fickleness quite hurtful,'' began Jeremiah. "And more so, very predictable."

What happened next became a blur, as Jeremiah yanked on Clarissa's arm, throwing her into the passageway beyond and slamming the door shut. He locked it and opened a switch box with the word INCINERATE on the button inside it. Clarissa realized what he was about to do a second before his hand slammed down on the button. 

"No! Jeremiah!"

Flames roared to life, spewing out from hidden places in the wall and engulfing everything in the room. A hand slammed against the tiny window, bloody and blackened, and Clarissa felt tears prick at her eyes. Jerome's followers...her followers...

"They're my followers, Jeremiah!'' she said, reaching for the lock. 

Jeremiah's hand grabbed her arm and threw her against the wall, her back slamming into the concrete. His arm snaked around her waist and he spun her around so she was trapped against his body. She could feel his gloved hand pull something from his pocket as he tightened his grip.

"I thought I told you to prove your loyalty to me!" he hissed angrily, his breath hot on the back of her neck. 

"Long live Jerome? You're walking a very thin line, Clarissa. Do they serve you? No. When my weak brother died they became mine. You became mine. So I'll ask you again. Whose side are you on?"

His lips her almost touching her skin as he said, "Because you're either with me..... or against me."

Something cold touched Clarissa's temple, and she heard a familiar click. She stiffened, and slowly, she reached up to take the gun from Jeremiah, pressing it further into her skin. 

"You know I would happily shoot myself to prove my loyalty, Jeremiah. But they were my last link to my old life. The Maniax."

"You don't need them anymore. You have me. And I won't have the girl I've chosen to be my darling to be a traitor. Are you with me or against me? This is the last time I'll say it."

Clarissa readied the gun.

"I'm with you."

Jeremiah's lips pressed against her neck, warm and firm as they hungrily traveled up her neck to her jaw.

"You're mine, darling. "

"J-"

She tossed the gun aside, not even caring when the bullet fired into the wall, leaving a dark smoking hole in the concrete. Jeremiah spun her closer into his arms and lifted her chin so she looked into his eyes. 

"I love you,'' she muttered quietly and Jeremiah chuckled as she kissed his cheek, letting his warmth soak into her body. 

"Oh, darling. We should take this upstairs....at last."

Clarissa laughed, and it sounded truly manic as Jeremiah took her hand, pulling her up the stairs. 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

52.4K 1.4K 37
He loved me, he wanted nothing but me. I'm pretty sure the other one did too. One said "I love you, I've never loved anyone as much as I love you, an...
55.3K 1.3K 56
"There's a darkness inside of you and it's growing. It appeared when your parents were murdered, and it started growing when I held a knife to your b...
93.4K 2.7K 48
"A king is not complete without his queen."
77 0 8
"These violent delights have violent ends." Niko recalls the quote with widened eyes as she watches the knife embed into his neck. She stands there p...