The Murvelli Murder

By vikhariiz

The Murvelli residence is the home of the billionaire Anthony Murvelli, his wife, and his only son. In his d... More

Prologue
1. Jason Murvelli
2. Decisions
4. Max Kellington
5. Murder
6. Advocate
7. Singular
8. A Dagger and a Corpse
PART II (THE INQUEST)
9. The Murvelli Residence
10. The Evidence of the Rose Murvelli
11. The Evidence of the Driver
12. The Evidence Of The Janitor
13. The Evidence of the Security
14. The Evidence of the Gardener
15. The Evidence of the Cook
16. The Lawyer and the Will
17. Facts
18. More Facts
PART III - THE FRATERNITY
19. Thirty-five Years Earlier
20. Greed
Part IV - Back To The Present
21. A game of detection
22. Dotting I's And Crossing T's

3. Home

39 20 7
By vikhariiz

(Okay before you read this chapter, I have to let you know there is a little adult content in it. It's nothing really but just to give a heads up.
Thanks for reading up to this point and for the votes and comments I've been receiving, it really means a lot to me. Ok now, I hope you enjoy reading...)

Mr. Anthony Murvelli's house was a white painted two story building enclosed in a high fenced wall overlooking a wide stretch of land.

It was 5:05pm in the evening on Tuesday when Jason rang the bell at the gate and he was greeted by the security, Usman, a lanky elderly hausa man with a long goatee.

"Eh, small oga welcome o," said the thin hyperactive man in pidgin english,while collecting Jason's bag. He always called Jason small oga, meaning small boss. "How your journey na?"

"Very fine, Usman." replied Jason. "I just feel a bit tired and hungry that's all."

"That's not an issue I believe the cook is already on to it. Hope you brought some thing for me o small oga."

"Hah, Usman you won't even allow me walk in before asking for a tip.'"

"Eh small oga you know I'm always happy when you're around," he said laughing showing his full set of yellow teeth as a result of kola consumption.

"Ok ok fine," Jason acquiesced dipping a hand into his right pocket.

He gave Usman a N100 note and went inside the house. His step mom was at the sitting room doing her nails.

Mrs. Rose Murvelli was a fine looking woman of forty-two who smelled class, quintessential of a very materialistic nature. Her gold earrings glittered in the faint light coming from the led bulbs at the four corners of the room. Her father was a lawyer before he died but she had never been one to follow rules. She had gotten into a lot of fights as a young schoolgirl with students and lecturers alike.

Once she was caught beating traffic and was chased by a cop. When she finally realised that the cop was closing in on her, she slowed down the vehicle at a remote area and quickly put her phone on video record, placing the phone in her shallow breastpocket so that the camera directly faces in front of her.

The policeman overtook her and parked in front of her car with the sirens blaring. He put off the siren and ordered Rose to get out of the car with her arms on her head.

With her arms against the back of her head, she subtly catwalked towards the uniformed man swaying her hips seductively as she did so.

Beholding the beauty in front of him, the policeman licked his lips and felt a twitch in his pants. It was a secluded area with no one around, who said a policeman couldn't have some fun?

"Do you know you were driving over 120km/h?" he had asked.

"Oh my," the little seductress pleaded in a timid voice, puffing out her chest and accentuating her cleavage in the process, "I'm so sorry officer, I'm supposed to be at a job interview and I must have lost track of time and--- I'm so sorry officer."

"You'll follow me to the station and write a statement for breaking the law," The man had barked.

"Oh it really doesn't have to come to that now, does it? Is there nothing I could do to make it up to you?" she said, squinting and biting the edge of her lower lip seductively.

The man licked his lips again and ran his eyes along the 5'4 of her curvy frame in a vain attempt to see through her blue satin shirt and penciled blue denim pants. He threw a quick glance at the road ahead and behind and said: "For starters, you could come over here and show me what you got beneath that dress. Either that or you're coming with me to the station."

A sly accomplished smirk grew in the girl's face which spontaneously morphed into a puppy face. "But Officer I think that's a wrong idea, someone might come along, you know."

As she spoke she brought down a hand and slowly traced a finger from her lips to her chest allowing the finger to push down the neck of her top revealing more of her cleavage, while bringing herself within five inches to the police.
By now the uniformed man was estactic. He could feel a bulge growning in his pants..

"Hoolala," he had whispered, "you're such a sexy little cunt, aren't you? You gonna get some punishment for breaking the law. Nobody's coming along this road anytime soon so you better get to work and suck my cock."

"Eeew, officer I think I mustn't have heard you correctly. What did you say?"

"I said get down on your kneels like a thirsty little slut and suck my cock!" The policeman ordered.

At that, Rose had taken out the phone and lied that she had to quickly send a text message stating she was going to be late. She quickly saved the video recording to her google account and revealed to the policeman what she had done.

She had left the policeman completely stunned and looking like a fool.

In all, she was quite an audacious woman. She feared neither man nor authority and Anthony loved her because of her self assuredness and security, her confidence and notoriety. They had met at a party after a business conference and Anthony had taken an instant liking to her.

"Hi." Jason greeted on seeing the rather elegant looking woman.

"Jason!" Rose said, looking up rather surprised. "You never notified us of your coming. Since when did you start doing that?" a sudden anger was evident in her husky voice.

"I can't say that I'm sorry." Jason retorted. It's still my home. Can't I come in whenever I want?"

"Will this attitude of yours, how do you wish to ever make your father proud? You've always been a huge disappointment to him."

"I'll not take such lectures from someone who isn't my mum." Jason yelled as he angrily climbed the stairs to his room.

He missed his mom now more than ever.
His mom died when he was 15, while giving birth. She lost both her life and the baby as a result of severe complications in her uterine lining Which led to serious bleeding. His mom showed him so much love and care and encouraged him to believe in himself. When father scolded him for being a nuisance, mom will embrace him and tell him that it was out of love and not hate. Two years ago and six years after her death, Mr. Anthony Murvelli had remarried at fifty-nine.

Rose came into their life quite suddenly.
The day Anthony brought her to the house, she struck Jason as a woman out for a pot of gold. She looked so young and girlish even at her age and Jason wondered if she had ever been married. Jason took an instant dislike for her for taking her mother's place, and vowed to always be a thorn in the flesh to her. Rose on the other hand never cared a thing for Jason. She was happy being the wife of a wealthy successful businessman. Anthony had then opened a chain of jewellery stores in her name.

A rumble in Jason's stomach reminded him of his hunger. He made his way to the kitchen and met the janitor on the way, Martin, a middle aged tall man who walks with a slight but noticeable limp. They greeted each other and Jason asked after Cyril the gardener.

"Oh he's off taking care of his sick daughter," Martin replied. "He was here this morning and trimmed the flowers before leaving late in the afternoon. And how is school?"

They talked a bit after which Jason went to the kitchen and met the cook already preparing supper. While they talked, he quickly took some chips from the cupboard and munched hungrily.

As they were talking, a car could be heard driving into the compound. It was Mr. Anthony Murvelli. The driver, Hutton, a dark morose man with a bulging forehead and a pair of veiny arms ushered him into the house.

At the dining, the family of three were just finished having dinner.

"Indeed I'm surprised to see you, son," remarked the 6ft3 CEO, "it's not yet mid-semester, I presume."

"No, dad. But I needed to come away from school for a while to clear my head."

"I hope there is nothing wrong?"

"Well, I can't say all is well. But can we please talk about this later, dad?"

"I see no reason why we can't discuss whatever it is right here."

"If you say so, dad. I'm sorry to say this but something bad happened and now I'm broke and in great need of money for my school project. I was robbed two days ago that's why I had to come down here without prior notice."

"Robbed?" cried Mr. Murvelli sternly.

"Hmm." Rose murmured before Jason could reply. "How do we know he has not spent all his money on the ladies only to come here lying about a fictitious robbery?"

Jason held out his fist and dropped it on the table.
"Dad, hear your wife. No, just hear her!" he screamed.

"Easy, easy. If you were robbed, I believed they didn't rob your bank account too."

"It's complicated dad. There is no mon-"

Mr. Murvelli held out his hand. "I will not hear of it. You will get no money from me tonight or tomorrow or the next. You are twenty-four and no longer a baby. I believe you can find a way around your impediment."

Jason was dumbfounded, overwhelmed with anger and confusion at the same time. He opened his mouth to say something but he knew what his father meant by raising his hand. Mr. Murvelli is not one to argue with when he has made a pronouncement.

"By the way, darling," Rose cut in, "I'm due for a business trip tomorrow. I'm meeting with a prospective foreign business partner who I will be buying my stock directly from. I'm leaving for port Harcourt at dawn."

"That is alright, my love. I hope it goes well. Now I have to retire to my room. I have a long day tomorrow."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

36K 9.2K 65
Olivia Silver is accused of the murder of her husband and strives to gain her freedom and clear her name. She meets Rafael Okonkwo, the extremely ric...
47 19 25
A special agent investigates a homicide of a bank manager who was killed inside an elevator of the building where he used to live in a flat with his...
182K 6.7K 46
Meghan Bates is 'The Most', would be an understatement, well known fashion designer in the country, a self-made name in the industry but is she all t...
26.7K 3.6K 20
This story will become free on July 5, 2023. They will stop at nothing. So Charlotte won't either. Desperate to save her family from the organized cr...