Hadrian Potter, Revenge (A Ha...

By MORTEMAMIGO

Hadrian grows up alone in the obscure shadow of his younger brother, Daniel Potter, The-Boy-Lived. Daniel is... More

The Brother Without
Storm Of Home
Phoenix of the Jungle
Silent Contemplation
Stolen Profanities
The Station
The Manor
The Summer Party
The Start of Unwelcome Conversations
Confrontations
Hatred
Morti
Barmaid's and Beer
Blood Lines
Cobra's Strike
Plans and Observations
Fear The Wolf
An Intolerable Future
Dark Times
Mafia Murder
Murderous Suffocation
The Party
Smashed Glass
Miserable Memories
Thunder and Lightening
Truth at Midnight
Maternal Hate
Past Nightmares

Blood Money

12.6K 335 34
By MORTEMAMIGO

....

'A grin made for war and eyes flecked with ash, striding, powerful into the arms of death.'

....

Hadrian positively seethed - he was no longer hidden behind the dark cloaks of anonymity. The silent infiltration of this criminal underworld was now overtly loud - thanks to Jerebko. At least the man never knew his real name, Jerebko had always addressed him as Mr.P - short and simple. Hadrian walked down the narrow alley, his feet silent, his face tense. The sun was still shining - bright, hot and humid. Alec walked just behind him close but not too close - leaving Hadrian to his thoughts. Wiping the blood off his chin, Alec's face was composed yet a flicker of something shone through, remorse?

Hadrian stopped short, turning on his heels to face Joval and Aver who had both lit a cigarette. Clouds of smoke rose into the air, but disappeared quickly due to the afternoon heat. Hadrian breathed in the fumes, the rich intoxicating scent of the tobacco momentarily calmed the parts of his mind that were raging, groaning and loud. He had missed that smell, it had only been a couple of weeks since his last cigarette and he already craved the fleeting peace and absolute clarity that came with it.

"Take the body and post it right through their fucking letterbox," Hadrian stated, staring at Joval and Aver fiercely.

Joval and Aver suddenly became more engaged, the lights of their eyes lit up with adrenaline. This chemical rush that always, even throughout history, was in union with the prospect of war, took hold. Hadrian held out his hand patiently, Joval stared at it for a moment before placing a cigarette and a silver zippo lighter into the open palm. Hadrian needed this, if he was going to focus he needed it. Hadrian lit up the cigarette and inhaled desperately. He had started smoking at Hogwarts only just this past year, however, tobacco hadn't been his first vice. The parties leading up to Christmas had been a mass of drugs and alcohol. The first time Hadrian took Cocaine he snorted it, the next time he smoked it - the needles came later. It became normal to spread a dusting of the chalky white powder across his gums on a Monday morning, even more normal to be excused from class to inject the opioid into his veins.

"Post him, for real?" Aver double checked.

Joval rolled his eyes and smacked his friend on the back of the head. Aver yelped out, grabbing his head innocently, rubbing the pain away.

"No, we're not going to actually post him through the letterbox you dick, it was a metaphor," Joval explained condescendingly, using his hands.

Aver looked at Hadrian confused, he didn't understand. However, Hadrian just stared off into the distance, his eyes resting on the street floor as the cigarette sat between his lips - his mind working overtime. A few quiet minutes passed.

"Send him back to where he came from. We know their hideouts within the city, pick one," Alec had stepped forward, taking over.

Hadrian didn't blink, letting his brooding friend to decide, he had other things to worry about. He didn't realise Joval and Aver had left until Alec stepped next to him, uttering his name. Hadrian raised his heavy head, focusing his eyes, his mind still running.

"What are you thinking about?" Alec asked, abnormally curious.

Hadrian's eyes found Alec, surprised at his inquisitiveness - to answer the question, he was thinking of everything. He thought of every outcome, every consequence. He was playing with fire and everything was on the line, especially now that he had so many eyes on him. Dumbledore, despite never having conversed with him before, seemed to have it out for him - plans and strategies were made behind the shadow of his parents.

"I'm thinking we've got to be extra careful. No one can know about this, not even Draco," Hadrian edited, his face serious.

Alec was not surprised that Hadrian wanted to keep this from Draco. The Malfoy Scion was a good person, he wasn't a killer or a thief, despite his reputation at Hogwarts. Draco Malfoy was smooth, calm and loyal to a fault. Alec considered him to be a source of great serenity for Hadrian - he was his first true friend. Draco wouldn't like this, he wouldn't like this at all.

"Okay," Alec nodded, walking with Hadrian out of the Alley.

"I've got to run some errands, I'll meet you at the party, wait for me by the gates," Hadrian uttered, as they reached the Main Street.

Alec's wicked brow flickered sharply, curiosity once again taking over - he stopped suddenly thinking for a moment.

"That girl, Rose, is she the errand?" Alec asked vaguely.

Hadrian stopped short, surprised by the unwanted insight. Turning on the spot, he stared indignantly at Alec who stared right back. Hadrian and Alec were two individuals who never backed down, therefore their relationship consistently experienced conflict. They had fought physically a number of times but it was always resolved quickly. Daphne and Draco always asked Alec why he baited Hadrian, Alec simply replied, if he didn't call Hadrian out on his shit no one would.

"What's it to you?" Hadrian gritted out.

"You know the girl is in love with you right? I know, I don't get it either. You fuck her, insult her and then ditch her," Alec smiled, shrugging his shoulders sarcastically, as if it wasn't a big deal.

Hadrian blinked, Rose wasn't in love with him, Alec was right how could she be. Alec crossed his arms vauntingly making Hadrian take a step closer in warning.

"Since when did you care, about anyone?" Hadrian jived, his mind muddled at Alec's proclamation.

"Oh, I don't give a fuck about her. The bitch is a fool, she fell in love with a monster," Alec purred.

The soft curiosity that adorned Alec face earlier had been burnt and replaced with the devil. Hadrian had forgotten this version of Alec. The boy had changed over the years; a cool, casual mask had taken over his viscous beauty, fooling the world. Yet, Hadrian noticed a difference in Alec's brutality, it looked uncomfortable and foreign.

"A monster huh?" Hadrian's face twisted, discovering what he truly was.

Hadrian turned to walk away, rejecting the judgement, however Alec grabbed him by his jacket stopping him from leaving.

"Somehow, despite my shit show of a childhood, I have a heart, it's small and black but it's there. If I had never met you or the others, I know what I would be like. I'd be Kace Lestrange, or worse," Alec said genuinely and rushed.

Hadrian looked uncomfortable and for a moment he even felt a little vulnerable. He went to turn away again but Alec refused him, making him stay.

"No, listen. I will do anything for you, trust me, I owe you my life. But you need to tell me everything, because if it's just you, then I don't know where you'll go. We're both already pretty deep underground, we joke about it but we like the devil, you know we do. If I leave you alone, I think you'll become something you don't ever want to be." Alec eyes were brutally sincere, the love shining within them burned Hadrian's soul.

Alec had never spoken so much nor had he ever revealed so much about himself. The love of his friends had thwarted the sociopath that he was intended to be. Don't be mistaken, Alec Morti was not kind nor was he good. However, the ways of the world had stopped him from plunging further down into the depths of psychopathy that was destined for children just like him. Hadrian's jaw clenched hard, his emotions raw and on fire.

"I can feel myself slipping," Hadrian revealed in a quiet utter.

Alec didn't move, there was no reaction, only patience. The harsh severe boy had turned tender, his closest friend was the only one who got to see this side of him.

"Usually, there's a happy medium and while I'm there I'm fine. But recently, these past couple of years, that medium fades. I feel like the word chaos," Hadrian words were bound with electricity; sizzling, fizzling and on fire.

Alec remained still, he watched Hadrian's eyes flash with that same wild power that revealed the darkening of a heart and tarnishing of a soul.

....

'Lips made of glass and voice cut from steel - features born from thunder and battle.'

....

The Malfoy's Summer Party started at 8:00pm, it was now 6:30pm. The day had moved fast, the hours passing by like seconds. Hadrian stood at the entrance to Potter Manor, another cigarette resting between his lips. Since the talk with Alec, he had bought a dozen packs, he needed the distraction.

The sun was still bright, never having cooled throughout the day. Hadrian's white t-shirt clung to his body, revealing his strong arms and a ripped torso. A side door to the house slammed shut and footsteps sounded down the gravelled path. Hadrian turned his head casually, not caring if he was caught smoking. The muggle habit was another one of those unavoidable trends that the Wizarding World adopted. Despite being highly discouraged, both smoking and drugs were still used and abused.

Sirius Black walked casually down the side path, stopping suddenly when he saw Hadrian. Hadrian's godfather assessed him quickly yet intensely before the warm brown eyes flickered to the lit cigarette resting between Hadrian's lips. Sirius wore casual clothing just like Hadrian, the style issuing tones of soft beige and linen white.

"That will kill you, you know," Sirius uttered.

Hadrian's godfather was acting relaxed but Hadrian knew otherwise - it made sense considering they were strangers. Hadrian raised his dark brows, his green eyes glinting chaotically.

"Not soon enough," Hadrian muttered quietly.

The comment was supposed to be funny, but by the widening of Sirius's eyes he didn't get the joke. Sirius stepped closer to Hadrian, stopping just beside him.

"You're different, you know?" Sirius spoke, needing to fill the silence.

"No shit," Hadrian replied, not holding back.

Sirius eyes widened once again, surprised by Hadrian's lack of manners. Sirius watched his godson breathe in the fumes of the cigarette and blow out the excess moments later. Both cigarettes and drugs posed major issues within the Ministry. Over the past couple of years the statistics of teen deaths that were drug related had risen through the roof. However, now was not the time for the Ministry's annual report. If Sirius was honest with himself he had forgotten about his godson, they all had. Now, however, looking at the dark furious boy he didn't understand how he could have. The Potter heir achieved the ability to walk into a room and be noticed by everyone, he could never be overlooked - it would be impossible.

"You're mother is upset, she keeps saying you did something to the maid," Sirius revealed boldly.

Hadrian was almost shocked, everyone had been walking on egg shells around him since he had returned but his godfather had laid it all out in the open. Sirius, couldn't stop the words falling out of his mouth. Talking to Hadrian felt like a dream and not in the sense that he had been wishing it to happen but in the regard that it didn't feel real.

"Yes, I heard Lily's theory, she's right of course," Hadrian replied, relighting the cigarette that a gone out.

Sirius stilled suddenly, his body tense and frozen to the spot. Lily was right? So Hadrian had done something to the girl. When Lily had asked the young maid what Hadrian had done, the girl claimed he had done nothing wrong.

"What did you do to her?" Sirius swallowed, not wanting the answer.

Hadrian turned around to face Sirius square on, taking a moment to assess his godfathers dread before answering.

"Nothing she didn't want, don't worry I'm not the devil just yet," Hadrian purred strolling away backward, eyes still on Sirius before eventually turning to walk towards the large garden out back.

....

Hadrian walked through the large gothic gates that fronted the Malfoy property. The dark metal intertwined with itself, coming to life, crawling, stalking, forming iron serpents. Hadrian reached into his pocket and pulled out another cigarette, placing it in between his lips. Since his first one today, he hadn't been able to stop, the burn had kept him grounded.

The sky had dimmed, invoking shades of purple's, pink's and grey's, forming a beaten and bruised heaven. The air was warm, however, now that the sun had disappeared it was cooler than midday, arguably more comfortable with that southern breeze. Large dark willow trees, hung low, like weeping angels. Despite their depressive stance, they were located at the beginning of the drive, welcoming the guests. Hadrian leant against a tall oak tree, one hand resting casually in his pocket while he continued to inhale the smoke from his cigarette. He watched the guests as they walked down the straight narrow drive, all laughing and chatting. The neat path was lit by sparkling lights, which hovered around in the surrounding grass and trees creating a warm, fairytale aesthetic. Daphne had picked out Hadrian's suit, it was baroque style, Dolce & Gabbana. The soft Lyon fabric was a dark emerald jade, with thick material that was custom fitted. Gold embroidery was sewn into the front of the double breasted jacket. The detailed design was almost biblical, the markings could be found carved in the high stone walls of a cathedral.

A figure stood just off to the side, waiting - Alec Morti stood in an all black suit. At first the design seemed plain black matte, however, Damascus patterns were concealed within the rich dark material. The gothic swirls glinted deviously when the light reflected on the glossy fabric. Alec Morti looked lethal and expensive.

"Hadrian," Alec greeted.

It had only been a couple hours since they had last spoke and despite the intimacy of their previous conversation, there was no awkwardness. Alec stepped closer to Hadrian, mirroring his stance, leaning up against the tree. Hadrian passed Alec a cigarette, who lit it and inhaled silently. The silence was relaxing, there was no need to fill the void, as both enjoyed the quiet pause for a moment.

They both stood, continuing to watch the guests arrive. The bejewelled dresses and designer suits, only displayed a marginal portion of the amount money these people had - it was millions. The women, both young and old, looked positively elated to be attending such a high class event. The invitation alone would be a cause for celebration amongst these people, the honour and prestige was out of this world. The men also showed their recognition as they pushed out their chests, their masculine pride positively brimming. You see, at this time in a society like this one, an individual's reputation was crucial for survival, it was who you knew and who you were.

Alec and Hadrian remained standing on the edge of the shadows, easily missed but not hidden. The people that did see them out of the corner of their eyes, did a double take staring inquisitively, their curiosity peaking. Alec nudged Hadrian's arm gently, pointing his attention to the gate with a flicker of his head.

Dahlia Yoxall strode fiercely in through the tall iron gates, her strong slender body enrobed in a deep purple gown. The flickering lights that adorned the trees, caused the purple jewels on her dress to shimmer, creating an illusion of aspray water. The halter neck design left her back bare, revealing the soft curve of her spine and the elegant tattoo that danced across her ivory skin. She looked beautiful, in a harsh, severe sense of the word - everything about her screamed jagged lines and sharp edges. Her stance and her walk was all wrong, despite the elegance of the look, her body was predatory and rigid as if ready for attack. The dark heavy makeup that encircled her eyes blackened her irises causing them to cut and crush. It was like war paint, she was unintentionally provocative, using her sexuality like a weapon.

Dahlia turned to talk to someone next to her, Sophia Gusto, a Ravenclaw. The friend whispered under her palm trying to sneakily point in their direction, Hadrian rolled his eyes at the pitiful attempt. Seconds later Dahlia turned abruptly, her gaze locking on to the place where Hadrian and Alec stood. Thin, dark brows arched contemptuously, full of attitude and bite. The brutal girl made her way over, flicking her dyed black hair over her shoulders letting it cascade down her back. She was like a sharp thorn bound to a beautiful blood red rose.

"Cousin," Dahlia greeted sardonically, to the annoyance of Alec who seethed.

Dahlia Yoxall and Alec Morti were second cousins and yet, despite the blood relation, the two teens did not get along. This conflict, had original formed due to a disagreement between the Yoxall and Morti houses a couple of generations previous. Ever since the falling out, family members from both sides had been at odds. Alec and Dahlia were barely civil, even at Hogwarts where they hardly spoke they still managed to treat each other with contempt.

A phone rang, breaking the silence that had momentarily surrounded them. Alec stared contemptuously at Dahlia as he reached into his trouser pocket to pull out a black mobile. Dahlia's eyebrows rose, surprised that her asshole cousin would actually use a muggle phone. Many pureblood families, including her own, disapproved of the Wizarding society adopting so many muggle habits. They chose, instead to not sacrifice their beliefs in order to be considered fashionable. Therefore, as Alec answered the call, Dahlia watched intrigued as he calmly spoke into it.

"Joval?" Alec asked, not hearing the other line clearly.

Dahlia continued to watch as Alec walked away, the phone pressed against his ear in order to hear. She was annoyed to admit, it was actually comforting to see him again - only sparingly in that moment. He looked deathly handsome in his sharp black suit, prowling like a panther. He had always been this way, quiet and viscous. Dark eyes slashed Dahlia's face and she knew she would feel that residual sting until the next time they spoke and then the pain would only just double. In response, her lip lifted into a feline sneer, her teeth wanting to bare themselves in a wail of self preservation. You see, she was used to this - she knew how to deal with brutality and rage, particularly from men.

Hadrian was mildly aware of the phone call, but everything seemed blurry as his head began to pound, what could have gone wrong? Hadrian blinked, frowning - right now, none of that mattered because Dahlia Yoxall wanted to talk business. The fierce girl stepped forward, checking her cousin wasn't looking before she started to speak. Dahlia was nervous. She would never admit it but Hadrian Potter scared her to death. Hadrian had an unpredictability that fragmented you into dozens of sharp, shattered shards. She watched as he squinted at her through hardened eyes, the glints of thunder and flashes of lightning that owned those irises tightened her chest. 

Hadrian Potter's strength of character was utterly overwhelming - he was like a wild animal, stalking slowly out of a ghosted forest clearing. You see the eyes first and they're sharp, intelligent and predatory. They look nowhere but at you and you're frozen - your blood turns cold and your veins freeze. Dahlia had never met someone so unaffected by the world - his ferociousness struck nefariously and without a warning leaving her despondent and in a state of melancholy. Yet, despite this cold valour that entered her bones, bruising her heart, hissing and dismissing, she didn't let it completely control her. The pounding in her chest was glossed over with her usual bitchy armour.

"Why haven't you done it yet?" Dahlia snapped, her sharp features impatient.

Hadrian raised his eyebrows, flicking away the butt of his cigarette and blowing away the remaining fumes. The girl had balls, no that wasn't right - balls inferred all men were brave. Hadrian knew very well that they weren't, most men were pathetic, they were easily bought and simply deceived. Women, on the other hand, were mentally unyielding. In Hadrian's experience, the supposed 'weaker' sex showed more mental fortitude than any man. He supposed it was a culmination of always being underestimated and constantly discredited. How ironic, that the patriarchy's oppressive nature just may give way to the matriarchy.

"I told you it will be done. There's a reason you didn't do it yourself, you didn't want your mother knowing it was you. So calm the fuck down and wait a while." Hadrian snapped quietly.

Dahlia huffed slightly, her features drawn together and momentarily vulnerable. She told herself to tread carefully, she didn't want to take things too far, her bitchy facade at times could be fearless. Hadrian watched Dahlia calm herself a little, her emotions wild and chaotic.

"You'd better hurry up, the man makes me sick. If he tries to come near me again, I'll kill him myself," Dahlia fumed loudly.

"You haven't fucked him yet?" Hadrian replied nastily.

A flash of emotions stung Dahlia's face, hurt and then ultimately rage. This was what she was talking about - Hadrian Potter would snap and you'd fall helplessly of the cliff. The fall didn't kill you, even though you landed on sharp callous rocks at the bottom, no - it was the initial insult which broke you. Swallowing her heart, Dahlia took a step closer to Hadrian, her mouth forming a cunning sneer.

"You remember that night, right? At the Christmas Party, when I was in your bed and you were in me?" Dahlia smirked viscously.

Hadrian stilled. That night was to never be spoken of again. Shadow's swam across his face, like dark pools of thunder corrupting the clarity of the starry sky. As the anger slashed across his beautiful face something akin to understanding also bled through.

"Oh, I knew you would remember. Alec may hate me but he loves you and if he finds out his best friend fucked his cousin, he'll kill you. That's the thing about Morti's, loyal to a fault unless they are betrayed," Dahlia smirked nastily, happy with herself.

The girl had taken it to a whole new level and Hadrian had the urge to slap her. But her viscous bite was the consequence of self preservation. Nevertheless, fury found its way into every part of Hadrian's mind and he felt himself give over control to the devil.

....

'Beauty is terror, he smells like sweet decay and his laughter breaks bones.'

....

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

762K 16.9K 63
Thomas potter is the "Boy-Who-Lived." His fame and future named by the beloved wizard of the light, Albus Dumbledore. But what happens if he made a...
83.6K 909 33
Aria Potter moves from Beuxbatons academy to attend Hogwarts with her dear brother, the one and only Harry Potter. She has been hidden for years away...
2.1K 135 48
Lola Potter has always been overshadowed by her twin brother, Harry. When Voldemort came to kill Lily and James, Lola was at Bathilda Bagshot's house...
490 14 23
When Violet, Harrison, and Clara are ripped from their respective realities, their first thought is to get back home. However, each of them discovers...