Get Demoted Into Cannon Fodder

By B1ackDiA

In other novels, the plot got messed up because of other people while Shi Shen, the male protagonist messed h... More

Prologue
Arc 1.1
Arc 1.2
Arc 1.3
Arc 1.4
Arc 1.5
Arc 1.6
Arc 1.7
Arc 1.8
Arc 1.9
Arc 1.10
Arc 1.11
Arc 1.12
Arc 1.13
Arc 1.14
Arc 1.15
Arc 1.16
Arc 1.17
Arc 1.18
Arc 2.1
Arc 2.2
Arc 2.3
Arc 2.4
Arc 2.5
Arc 2.6
Arc 2.7
Arc 2.8
Arc 2.9
Arc 2.10
Arc 2
Arc 2.11
Arc 2.12
Arc 2.13
Arc 2.14
Arc 3.1
Arc 3.2
Arc 3.3
Arc 3.4
Arc 3.5
Arc 3.7
Arc 3.8
Arc 3.9
Arc 3.10
Arc 3.11
Arc 3.12
Arc 3.13
Arc 3.14
Arc 3.15
Arc 3.16
Arc 3.17
Arc 4.1
Arc 4.2
Arc 4.3
Arc 4.4
Arc 4.5
Arc 4.6
Arc 4.7
Arc 4.8
Arc 4.9
Arc 4.10
Arc 4.11
Arc 4.12
Arc 4.13
Arc 4.14
Arc 4.15
Arc 4.16
Arc 4.17
Arc 4.18
Arc 4.19
Arc 4.20
Arc 4.21
Hidden Scenes
Arc 5.1
Arc 5.2
Arc 5.3

Arc 3.6

17.8K 1K 67
By B1ackDiA

Artemis’s team was not lucky like Shi Shen’s team and they landed in the middle part of the forest. In addition, his teammates were even weaker than the latter so their trip was rather hard.

Artemis became the carry of his team but he also didn’t want his teammates to get off easy by relying on him thus only if it was a life-threatening moment did he stepped in and helped them.

Unlike how Ulric and Gawain could be angry and question Shi Shen, the other three could not even utter a single complaint toward this tyrant Crown Prince.

In the end, their appearances became so battered that they looked like they had been left in this forest for a whole month instead of a day.

Fortunately for them, their lord was not interested in going deeper into the forest and instead, leading them to the outer part so they were ecstatic upon hearing the news.

Artemis’s pure intention was to lead his teammates to a place suitable for their fighting level but who knew that when they were getting close to the outer part, he actually sensed that Shi Shen was close by?

From henceforth did his goal went astray.

He admitted that he had cast a spell in the ring that he gave to the other person but due to his limited ability, he could only feel the connection when his target was in a 2 km radius from him!

Contrary to him, Shi Shen led his team toward the middle-part so the two teams managed to bump into each other just like this.

It can be said that it was a coincidence that the two teams were close by leading Artemis to be able to find him.

However, did everyone think that it was just really a coincidence?

Seeing that they actually bumped into the infamous Seth Stewart, Artemis’s teammates involuntarily gave a strange gaze toward the Crown Prince. They didn’t know how did he do it but they suddenly felt that his objective in coming to the outer part was actually to find his best friend.

On the other hand, Rowley, Ulric, and Gawain also had a hard time believing that it was just a coincidence that they bumped into the Crown Prince so their line of thought was not that far off from the other three.

Truthfully speaking, even Shi Shen didn’t believe that the male lead came here by coincidence. He was after all had the first-hand experience with how that person liked to stalk him in the previous worlds.

Artemis who didn’t know that he got labeled with a few titles by everyone quickly walked toward Shi Shen in a good mood.

They are really destined to meet each other ah!

Unlike how happy he was inside, he still kept up his frosty face on the outside, "I didn’t think that we would bump into each other.’’

Shi Shen had already put on a shock expression upon seeing him and he now revealed a happy face,’’What a coincidence! Did you land on the outer part too?’’

Artemis shook his head in denial then made a glance toward his teammates,’’I have no choice but to come here.’’

Knowing what he meant, Shi Shen quickly diverted the topic,’’ Anyways, you all must be tired, right? There is a small stream over there, quickly go wash and eat dinner.’’

Without even told to do so, Rowley quickly stepped up to be their guide,’’I will lead all of you there. Your Highness, this way please.’’

Artemis recognized who he is, so he actually made some small talks with him,’’You are Count Greene’s second son?’’

Rowley respectfully bowed,’’Yes, Your Highness.’’

‘’I haven’t seen him for one year already so say hello to him for me when you go back home.’’

‘’I will be sure to do so!’’

So Artemis dismissed him with a single wave of his hand,’’I have already cleaned myself before coming here so led those three there.’’

Done saying this, he casually went to sit down beside Shi Shen so Rowley could only helplessly go away with the rest.

Shi Shen nonchalantly asked,"Have you eaten anything yet?’’

In return, Artemis lightly shook his head, therefore, Shi Shen started to prepare the table for two people.

That’s right, he brought out a small table that had a few freshly cooked dishes on it.

Everything that was put into the ring wouldn’t go bad no matter how long has already passed so before departing Shi Shen made a few dishes beforehand.

While preparing the tableware, he lightly spoke,’’I cooked these before departing.’’

Artemis was stunned upon hearing this. He didn’t know that the other person could cook this well.

‘’When did you make these?’’

Shi Shen casually replied,’’A girl in the medical class was in the cooking department so she let me borrow her kitchen.’’

Artemis heard this immediately became sulky. Due to his status as a commoner, the majority of people disliked him but at the same time, quite a lot of people also admired him. That's why it was not weird that he was popular among the noble ladies.

He once heard a noble lady said that she would let her father hired Seth as her personal bodyguard once he graduated.

Did she think that he would allow that to happen? Keep on dreaming!

Nevertheless, there was another important thing that he needed to know!

He dangerously narrowed his eyes,‘’Did she get to eat your food?’’

Fortunately for him, Shi Shen shook his head in return,’’I know that my cooking is good so I don’t need someone to do the tasting. I just cooked there that is.’’

Hearing this, Artemis finally felt better and began to eat his food.

Perhaps due to him still being a child, Shi Shen could easily read his emotions so he casually put down another sentence.

‘’You are the first to eat my cooking, even my parents didn’t get to eat it.’’

Artemis only thought that the food he ate was really delicious beyond words but after hearing this he suddenly felt like he was eating sweet and he couldn’t stop himself from grinning.

Meanwhile, on the other hand, Ulric and Gawain simply couldn’t eat their tasteless food anymore.

Didn’t know whether it was due to the mouthwatering aroma exuding from Shi Shen’s food or the strange atmosphere around the two….

They even began to think that the Crown Prince might, in fact, is a little girl who was feeling over the moon just by simply sitting near her crush.

Nevertheless, Artemis who usually didn’t eat much quickly finished everything in a good mood and was now enjoyed the black tea brewed by Shi Shen.

Artemis initiated the conversation,‘’How many beasts did you hunt so far?’’

‘’Only one middle-level, 3 mid-low levels. That’s why I thought of going into the middle part to try my luck. What about you?’’

Artemis didn’t hide anything and truthfully told him,’’4 middle-levels.’’

Rowley who just arrived widen his eyes in shock upon hearing this.

Just one was enough to scare them shitless and he actually killed 4 of them by himself?!

Artemis suggested,’’How about I go with you to the middle-part?’’

However, the three from Artemis’s team were unwilling to go to that hellhole again so one of them weakly voice out his opinion to which Artemis answered,’’Only the two of us will go so you can travel with his teammates.’’

He then turned to look at Rowley,’’Or do you want to go as well?’’

However, Rowley knew what he actually meant so he quickly denied,’’I’m not strong enough to face middle-level beasts yet so I will stay behind and look after the rest.’’

Satisfied with his answer, Artemis concluded,’’Let’s take turns taking the vigilance tonight. There is no need to be polite due to my status.’’

Rowley awkwardly replied,’’Yes.’’

The morning quickly came and after done having their breakfast, the two immediately separated from their groups.

Staring at their departing backs, Ulric couldn’t stand still anymore and angrily said,’’Are we going to let them go just like this?’’

He didn’t even get a chance to get close to the crown prince and now their strongest teammates also left to hunt for higher level-beasts by themselves!

Rowley looked at him in disapproval,’’I know what you are thinking but you should better pray that Stewart won’t rattle on us to the Crown Prince!’’

Seeing how his highness treated him yesterday, they definitely wouldn’t have an easy life once he found out that they kind of mistreated him on the way.

They even intended to take his teleportation charm so that he could meet a mishap and not be able to escape. Recalling their initial plan, Rowley couldn’t help but wanting to hit himself.

He shouldn’t have listened to those two!

Back to the two, they were silently walking side by side without a worry in the world. The moment they stepped into the middle part of the forest, a middle-level beast immediately pounced on him but instantly got PKed by Shi Shen.

Therefore, the two demons left behind a trail of blood everywhere they went. It was only half a day but the number of beasts that they hunted would shock everyone speechless.

Finally, their communicators vibrated indicate that it was nearly time for them to go back to the Academy.

Shi Shen was looking at his communicator when all of a sudden, he heard a noise beside him so he turned to look at Artemis’s direction only to see him with a pale face as paper supporting himself against a nearby tree.

‘’What’s wrong?!’’

Artemis wanted to say that he was okay but the pain was too much that he could barely stay awake.

Not a lot of people knew about his strange illness.

To others, he was flawless but in fact, he was not.

Up until now, no one could cure his illness yet so he could only deal with this by himself whenever it relapsed.

Truthfully speaking, it was not mentioned in the story that the male lead had an illness so Shi Shen has always wondered why the male lead got cornered during their first meeting.

At that time, Shi Shen actually arrived at the time when Artemis killed the first assassin but he simply stayed still to watch the show. Only when he saw the abnormality in him did he decide to involve in the fight.

During this one year, he coincidentally witnessed his illness relapsed 2 times but the other person always managed to slip away with his subordinate before he could even ask what happen.

Therefore, he pretended not to know about this matter.

Even without getting an instruction, He Tian quickly conducted an examination on the male lead and reported,’’It seems like this is due to his spiritual energy being weakened and got overpowered with his havoc Mana. Due to him being young, he couldn’t fully control his Mana yet so the two forces collide.’’

Thinking for a bit, Shi Shen asked,’’What if the two forces got balanced?’’

‘’Unlike Mana, spiritual force connects to one soul as long as his soul got sufficient spiritual energy, it will repel the Mana so I think it will be fine.’’

[A/N: Let's assume that it works this way haha.]

Shi Shen had read a bit about spiritual energy in the library after he finished his first world so he at least knew how to transfer his own spiritual energy to another person.

Therefore, Artemis who thought that he would faint due to the pain suddenly felt a warm current flow into his body and the pain gradually subsided. His deep furrowed eyebrows began to smoother as his breathing became normal once again. And just like that he involuntarily fell into a deep slumber.

Knowing that the other person was just falling asleep, Shi Shen finally stopped transferring his spiritual energy into his body. He slightly arranged his posture then carried him bridal style and just like that he used the teleportation charm, quickly disappeared from the forest.

For all this time, He Tian had a disbelief look on his face. The words that he was about to tell Shi Shen when he saw him transferring his energy to the male lead got stuck in his throat.

He wanted to tell him that one person wouldn’t casually let another spiritual energy into his/her body since the other party could harm him/her during that time. Therefore, they would unconsciously repel the foreign force and might cause a grave injury to the other side.

But it was a different story if that person trusted the other party enough to let their spiritual energy invaded their body.

Was it because the male lead is still a child so he was naïve and trusted someone so easily?

On the other side, Shi Shen quickly gave the male lead to his butler in order to take him to see the doctor.

Good thing the coordination of Artemis's teleportation charm was set in a private room by his subordinate so they didn't get spotted by others.

Currently, a doctor was inspecting Artemis's condition and he was shocked to find out that his condition has actually improved!

When the butler heard this he was ecstatic," Does that mean he might get cured?"

"I'm not sure. We can only continue to observe him."

The butler felt a bit dejected upon hearing this but nevertheless, it was better than hearing that his illness has worsened.

Before escorting the doctor out, he turned to bow toward the golden hair boy,"Please keep this matter a secret and also thank you for saving High Highness!"

Shi Shen just gave him a smile,"Don't worry, this is what I should I do as a friend."

Feeling reassured, the butler gently smiled then excused himself along with the doctor.

The room was finally left with only the two of them.

Shi Shen quietly walked to sit down on the chair beside the bed. He then stared at that small exquisite face who was peacefully sleeping on the bed.

The room was shrouded in silence as Shi Shen just continued to silently look at him.

Finally, he quietly muttered,"Who are you really?"

Just like when you needed to give concrete evidence to let others buy your assumption.

He, too needed to see the evidence.

To prove that his assumption was wrong.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

54.8K 1.7K 21
Synopsis : Fourteen years old Su Bei almost died when she had a high fever, got transmigrated into another world and finally knew a shocking truth: i...
33.4K 225 15
Lin Xiujuan transmigrated into a chronicle and became the heroine's cannon fodder cousin. It is known that the female lead is time-traveled, the fema...
643K 32.7K 33
1ST BOOK OF BRIDE SERIES✨✨ Don't do this, leave my parents, don't ruin my life, I will die. She was begging infront of him joining her both hands. Th...
1.5M 83.8K 83
Daksh singh chauhan - the crowned prince and future king of Jodhpur is a multi billionaire and the CEO of Ratore group. He is highly honored and resp...