A Modern Day Fairy Tale

By tufano79

Crown Prince Edward Anthony Masen Cullen is the heir to the throne in the small independent country, Gevalia... More

Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Eighteen
Chapter Nineteen
Chapter Twenty
Chapter Twenty-One
Chapter Twenty-Two
Chapter Twenty-Three
Chapter Twenty-Four
Chapter Twenty-Five
Chapter Twenty-Six
Chapter Twenty-Seven
Chapter Twenty-Eight
Chapter Twenty-Nine
Author's Note
Chapter Thirty
Chapter Thirty-One
Chapter Thirty-Two
Chapter Thirty-Three
Chapter Thirty-Four
Chapter Thirty-Five
Chapter Thirty-Six
Chapter Thirty-Seven
Chapter Thirty-Eight
Chapter Thirty-Nine
Chapter Forty
Chapter Forty-One
Chapter Forty-Two
Chapter Forty-Three
Chapter Forty-Four
Chapter Forty-Five
Chapter Forty-Six
Chapter Forty-Seven
Chapter Forty-Eight
Chapter Forty-Nine
Chapter Fifty
Chapter Fifty-One
Chapter Fifty-Two
Chapter Fifty-Four: Epilogue One
Chapter Fifty-Five: Epilogue Two

Chapter Fifty-Three: A Vanity Fair Article

1K 50 5
By tufano79

Disclaimer: All characters are not mine. No copyright infringement was intended. Thank you to Stephenie Meyer for creating Edward and Bella for our enjoyment. I just like playing with them, making them my own ... even for just a little while.

This is the final chapter ... before the epilogue. The end is in sight.

Chapter Fifty-Three

A Modern-Day Fairy Tale
by Bree Tanner

Earlier this year, I had the pleasure of interviewing royalty. Vanity Fair was given an exclusive about Gevalian Prince Edward Anthony Masen Cullen announcing his engagement to an American, Isabella Swan. Good news is that they are still engaged.

We have an American princess in the making. Move over Meghan Markle ...

They are also disturbingly adorable and undeniably beautiful.

I've never seen such a gorgeous couple.

Regardless of their beauty, we wanted to share their story and pass along more information about their upcoming nuptials. Their story was filled with ups and downs, but most importantly, a happily ever after destined for royalty.

Prince Edward, commonly known to his friends and family as 'Masen', was sent to the states on a diplomatic mission for six months, starting in October of last year. After meeting with him at our initial interview, he shared that he was also there to find his brother who had turned into that royal that was splashed on every tabloid cover, partying it up and making some questionable choices. But, that's another part of the story.

One night, when sneaking out of a charity event, Masen snuck into a Brooklyn bakery. It was raining and he'd slipped from his security detail. He made his way inside of the Swan Family Bakery where he was almost bludgeoned by the owner, Isabella Swan.

Can we say 'meet cute'?

In reality, Masen was trespassing. The Swan Family Bakery technically was closed for the day, but Isabella, or Bella as she prefers, and Masen bonded over obnoxious siblings, family obligations and beating the hell out of sourdough.

"It's a great stress reliever," Bella said, with a coy, little grin at our first interview. "I still make sourdough bread when this one forgets to pick up his socks to put them into the hamper."

"I'm getting better," Masen laughed, nuzzling her neck.

Now, in regard to their initial bond, some of that they requested we not share some of the information about their siblings. We value Masen and Bella's privacy, along with the other parties involved, and will respect their request. However, we can say that Prince Emmett McCarty Cullen, Masen's younger brother, is deployed with the Royal Air Force, as an air traffic controller. Bella's younger sister, Mary Alice Swan, recently had some difficulties with the law, but has since moved to Austin, Texas and is working on completing her education.

In regard to those family obligations, they were more cumbersome. Upon their meeting, the Swan Family Bakery was in financial dire straits. With medical bills mounting from Bella's father, Charles Swan, their expenses were just too much. They couldn't afford to maintain the bakery, pay their mortgage and address the pile of medical bills from Mr. Swan's diagnosis of Parkinson's Disease, the needed medications and physical therapy he required. Upon his diagnosis, almost six years ago, Bella gave up her dream of being a teacher and moved home to save the bakery when her father could no longer work.

The bakery was almost lost.

Masen said that he saw how Bella was working from four in the morning until well after midnight every night, by herself, slaving away to keep the bakery running and provide a life for her family. She struggled and the bakery was struggling. He had to step in.

In addition to being a prince, he wanted to be a knight in shining armor, riding in on his white horse. In his own special way ...

Now, the bakery had been in their family for generations and Eleazar Swan, the original owner of the bakery, was a Gevalian citizen, moving to be with his American bride.

With a loan from Masen, the bakery was given new life and a much-needed renovation. It's now a cafe in the heart of the Gevalian part of Brooklyn, a gem of the community. And, as Bella said, with a smirk and a dangerous eyebrow, "The loan has been repaid."

"It didn't need to be, cherie," Masen snickered, kissing her nose. "But, thank you."

From Bella's point of view, it was a point of pride to pay back that loan. As someone who is still paying off her student loans, I know the feeling when that balance says zero. It's the best damned feeling in the world.

Back to the American fairy tale ...

We were granted an exclusive interview. Masen and Bella sat down with us to answer some questions about their relationship and their wedding. When we first met them, announcing their engagement, they hadn't settled on a date. It's been set and we have a date for when we will all be fawning over our television, watching our very own American Princess marry her Prince Charming.

Vanity Fair (VF): Again, congratulations on your engagement and for sitting down to sit with us.

Masen Cullen (EMC): Always a pleasure, Miss Tanner. I hope you're enjoying your time in Gevalia.

Isabella Swan (IS): It's a beautiful country. I'm happy to call it home.

She threaded her fingers with Masen's and he tugged her closer, kissing her temple.

VF: With your engagement announced, have you settled on a date to tie the knot? I know that there are a million people who want to know. I'm including myself in that number.

IS: We have set a date. We're getting married on May thirteenth. We're doing this to honor my mother, who passed away when she had my sister, due to complications in childbirth. That date is close to the American Mother's Day. I felt it important to have some connection to my mom.

Tears were shimmering in her eyes. Masen leaned over and whispered in her ear, too quiet for anyone but Bella to hear. She nodded, turning to him and brushing her lips with his. She settled into his arms, twining their fingers together and looking back up, a watery smile on her face.

IS: I'm so sorry. Even though she's been gone for nearly nineteen years, I miss her every day.

VF: Understandable. Your mother, while she's no longer with you in a physical sense, she'll be with you in your heart when you marry Masen.

EMC: I couldn't imagine saying it more beautifully. Nothing can bring back your mother, but this is a perfect way to honor her.

VF: With a date determined, have you picked colors, wedding dress, bridesmaids, groomsmen?

EMC: We're not having bridesmaids and groomsmen, save for the best man and maid of honor. My brother, Emmett, will be my best man and Bella's best friend, Angela Weber, will be the maid of honor. I don't know anything about the wedding dress.

IS: Nor will you until I walk down the aisle, bub.

EMC: I want to be surprised, cherie. Regardless, you'll be a beautiful bride, walking down the aisle to me to be my wife. Is it May thirteenth yet?

VF: Not quite.

Masen smirked, with a low chuckle. Bella blushed, squeezing his fingers and inching closer to him on the beautiful settee in their modern apartment in the Gevalian capital.

VF: Now, in addition to planning your wedding, you've both moved into new roles. Bella, what are you doing with your spare time? Are you acclimating to living in Gevalia? Is it different than New York City?

IS: Gevalia is different from New York City, that's for sure. I grew up in the Gevalian neighborhood in Brooklyn. We were a very close-knit family, despite living in the big city.

VF: If it was so close-knit, why did you struggle so much with the bakery?

IS: Everyone was struggling. There were a lot of small, family businesses that were struggling. We weren't the only ones. When my dad was first diagnosed, we had a lot of help, but after a while that assistance tapered off. I also hid the fact that we were struggling as much as we were. We were open when we were supposed to be and never stopped serving baked goods. Part of it was my own stupid pride. The other part was a bit of blindness of our neighborhood. It wasn't until we reopened after our renovations that folks realized how much we struggled. My father and the management team at the bakery have been receiving letters and comments about how much they missed our bakery. But, things are going well for the bakery, from what I've been told.

VF: You don't have an active role in the bakery?

IS: Not at the moment since I've been living in Gevalia since March. We returned to the states for the grand reopening. I see posts on the bakery's website, Instagram and Twitter pages. My best friend, who is the manager of the bakery, tells me nothing but good things and I'm happy with the result of the renovations; with the new life that had been breathed into The Swan Family Bakery.

Information for the bakery's social media is on our website. The photos are mouthwatering. The next time in New York City, I'll be making a stop at the bakery to pick up one of everything ... carbs be damned!

VF: And, what are you doing here in Gevalia? Are you baking?

EMC: She's baking for me. She's forcing me to go to the gym. I love her Gevalian chocolate brownies with salted caramel drizzle.

VF: Oooh, I so need that recipe!

IS: I'll email it to you! It uses bourbon and rum in the batter. But, in regard to what I'm doing in Gevalia, I'm calling on my education degree and I'm working on educational reform. Gevalia is very forward thinking in its educational system, but has some backwards thoughts when it comes to students with special needs. I've visited several schools and these children are simply falling through the cracks, not getting the tools they need to be successful.

EMC: I never realized this until Bella brought it to my attention. It's a country-wide reform plan. With Bella's educational expertise, changes are already in place. The children are getting the support they need and actually look forward to going to school.

IS: I'm also working on a literacy program, making reading more accessible and a lot more fun. I am a ginormous book nerd. Give me a book, a comfy chair and some quiet music, I'm a happy camper.

VF: What book are you reading now?

IS: A ton of bridal magazines ... I need ideas for our wedding!

EMC: My mother and Bella's father's girlfriend have sent over many ideas for decorations, flowers and such. If she doesn't open the emails, they send them to me. We're nearly done with our planning, but one of the perks of our life is that we have people to help us with these decisions.

IS: We? There is no 'we' in making decisions about our wedding, Masen. I love you, baby, but all of our wedding planning has fallen onto my shoulders. You just need to show up, looking all royal and handsome.

EMC: I've made a few decisions. I picked out my tuxedo.

At this point, Bella arched a brow at Masen. He gave her an adorably crooked grin, sliding his arms around her tiny body. They spoke quietly and Masen laughed, kissing her tenderly. She just melted against him before smacking his shoulder and calling him a jerk.

VF: You are both so perfect for each other. I know that the world cannot wait to see the two of you married. Little girls are anxious to see you as an American princess and men are incredibly jealous that Bella will be your wife.

EMC: Well, they can stay jealous. She's my other half. She brings light into my world, color spread across the canvas of my life. I'd never realized how much I went through the motions before I met her. I'm blessed in more ways than words can describe. I love her and I'm counting the minutes until she is my wife.

VF: Everyone just swooned, Your Highness.

IS: This is how he is on a daily basis. I'm a lucky, lucky girl.

And she truly is. The love surrounding Lady Isabella Swan and Prince Edward Anthony Masen Cullen is blinding and undeniably beautiful. They move like magnets. When one moves, the other moves in concert. It's truly remarkable to see in person.

Just like Masen, we are counting the moments until we get see this royal wedding. Not because we want to know what Bella will be wearing (which we do, desperately). Not because we want to see a truly 'happily ever after,' because they are so rare. Not because we want another American princess ...

We want to see the conclusion to A Modern-Day Fairy Tale. Or is it the beginning? Find out on May thirteenth ...

A/N: And that's all she wrote. This is the last real chapter of my Royalward story. We've got two epilogues before I'll mark this bad boy as complete.

Leave me some loving!

Thanks for reading!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

562K 8.1K 24
Aurora Giselle Swan. The adopted daughter of Charlie Swan. She is young, bubbly, oh and the mate of Jasper Hale. When she meets the Cullen family, sh...
298K 7K 19
After many years, Melanie gets on her feet and starts to look for Jasper with their son, Jasper Junior. She didn't expect, however, to come across a...
497K 10.1K 49
~Carlisle Cullen love story~ Sophie swan daughter of Charlie swan and Renee.. sister of Bella swan. Sophie see's the world as black and white.. but s...
360K 7.7K 27
IMPORTANT NOTE: This is the original version of Emily Swan's story. The Rewritten version is Our Forever containing Twilight, New Moon, Eclipse, Brea...