Three Day Field Trip to Stark...

By soowshie

Peter Parker and his Decathlon team go on a three day field trip to Stark Tower. Peter is anything but excit... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
HELLO (ITS nOT AUrthor)

Chapter 8

25.8K 754 659
By soowshie

A/N: Hello again everyone! I just wanted to quickly say that I don't have words to describe how grateful I am for all the reads, votes and comments that I'm receiving for my book. It means so much to me, and I just want everyone to know that you all really make my day so much better. So again, thank you so much!!!

Peter's side was aching. He now regretted sparring with Natasha, because his side was hurting again, and his identity was closer to being discovered. Hopefully whoever they had next would allow him to lay low for a while so he could get the spotlight off of him. 

Ned seemed to notice Peter's faint limp as they followed Cassie to their next destination, because he tapped him on the shoulder. Peter glanced over at him. "Dude, are you limping? How's your stomach?"

Peter shrugged. "I'm fine. It just aches a bit."

Ned gave him an uncertain frown, but decided not to question him any further. MJ came up beside Ned and Peter, but she didn't say anything as she walked beside them. 

Peter had tried getting more information out of Natasha about who the special guest was, and how it involved him and the prank war. Mr. Stark seemed to be taking the prank war seriously, even though it was just a prank war. Admittedly, they all took the prank war more seriously than any of them should, but that wasn't the point. 

Peter didn't even notice that Cassie had led them outside until a strong blast of wind buffeted against his face. Why they were outside? Peter couldn't figure that part out. "Took you guys long enough." The group turned around and saw Hawk-eye sitting casually on a chair, a bow in his hand. The team murmured to each other in excitement.

He didn't say anything else to them, as he got up from his spot on the chair.

"Follow me." He instructed, waving his hand to the team in an instruction to follow him. He began walking away and the team started following eagerly behind him.

"Why does he have his bow?" Ned asked Peter, eyeing the bow in the archers hand.

"Not sure." 

Soon the team arrived at where Clint was leading them. Set up beyond them were three targets, painted yellow, red, blue, black and white in that order, with yellow in the middle. In small stands were arrows, and sitting beside the arrows was a simple bow, sitting on a small bench, waiting to be used. Of course Clint was going to teach them how to use a bow and arrow, he expected nothing more from the skilled archer.

"If you guys haven't already guessed, I'm going to be teaching you guys some basic archery."

Clint loaded an arrow into his bow, as the team all settled, and sat down on the seats that were off to the side.

"It's pretty simple. Just load your arrow into the bow," he demonstrated, "pull your arm back, and release." Clint released his fingers, and the arrow flew towards the target, easily hitting the bulls-eye. 

Clint gave a more in depth demonstration on how to use the bow, such as how you place your fingers, where to angle your elbow, how to aim properly, and so on. Clint had already given Peter his own lesson, in fact he had done a few with him. He wasn't too bad with the bow, or at least that's what Clint had told him. 

He began going over a few rules. "I would advise not shooting each other," he began, "so don't shoot your arrow if someone is collecting their arrows from the target." They all nodded, impatient to get started.

Seeing their eagerness to start, Clint stepped aside and told three people to come up and have a shot.

Soon, everything was set up and Sally, who was at the far right, Flash who was in the middle and Abe at the left all held a bow in their hand, loaded with an arrow, waiting for permission to shoot the arrow at the target waiting in front of them. Clint nodded at them, and they each eagerly raised their bows into the air, pulling their arms back. 

Abe fiddled with the tip of his arrow, he couldn't seem to get a grip on it. Flash was narrowing his eyes in concentration, as he got ready to release the arrow. Sally's tongue stuck out slightly, as she wobbled awkwardly with the bow, before getting into a position that she found comfortable.

Arrows were released. Sally managed to hit the blue, her arrow barely grazing the red. Flash hit the just inside the red, and Abe's arrow sailed straight towards the ground. Some of the teens laughed lightly at Abe's attempt. 

The trio all went to collect their arrows that were embedded in the targets, beside Abe, who collected his arrow that was secured into the dirt.

Abe pouted in disappointment as he handed the bow to whoever was closest to him. MJ took the bow from him. Flash being Flash decided that he wanted another go, so no body bothered arguing with him. Sally handed the bow to Peter. Taking up his position, he leaned down and grabbed an arrow, placing it securely into his bow.

Glancing over at MJ, he saw her already pulling back her arm, a look of concentration on her face. Peter followed suite, pulling his arm back, the string on the bow tightening with the strain. Aiming as best as he could, he released his fingers, and the arrow released from his hold. It spun as it flew, before it struck the target, landing in the outside layer of the yellow.

Not bad, Peter mused. Flash landed in the red again, and MJ had landed in a similar spot to Peter. Upon seeing that everyone had shot their arrows, Peter went to go collect his, MJ doing the same. That's when his neck buzzed suddenly, a sharp twinge that screamed at him that a threat was coming his way. Without needing to turn around, he jumped to the left and grabbed the projectile that was flying his way.

It was an arrow. One of the arrows that they were using. Turning around sharply, he saw Flash giving him a surprised look, and the team all looking equally surprised. Clint was smirking at him. Initially, he thought that Clint had shot the arrow, but then Flash spoke up, "whoops." 

"How'd you catch that? That was sick." Charles said, lightly clapping his hands. Nice going, Peter. Your doing a great job at hiding your 'secret' identity. 

Clint finally decided to pick this time to get up off his ass, as he addressed the situation. "I clearly remember saying just earlier not to shoot an arrow when people are in the line of your target."

"I-i didn't think it was going to go near him!" Flash replied awkwardly, his voice stuttering involuntarily.

Clint face palmed, letting a long and low sigh. "Your just lucky he didn't get hit. These may not look sharp, but they still hurt like hell if you get hit by one." He waited for Flash to reply, but he simply lowered his head. Clint rolled his eyes, as he went over to Peter.

"Nice catch." He instantly complimented, giving him a clap on the back. The look Peter gave him made him laugh.

"By the end of this, everyone's going to know my identity! You guys really aren't helping."

"Why are you blaming me?" Clint giggled out. "I'm blaming all of you! God, you guys are so annoying."

Clint tried his best to do a Peter impression, "God, you guys are so annoying!"

"I will eat all the pop-tarts." Peter threatened, his voice completely serious.

"Always so dramatic."

Peter rolled his eyes at him, a small smile covering his lips. "In return for you being utterly rude to me, could you give me any insight on the prank war? I mean, we are on the same team."

Clint seemed to regard his question thoughtfully. "I'm assuming your curious about the special guest?"

Peter nodded eagerly. "Come on, we're on the same team, who is it, and what does it have to do with me?"

"Well... we are on the same team, so..." Peter waited impatiently for him to answer his question.

"Being honest, it isn't even apart of the main prank war."

"What? So it's something that isn't related to our prank team, and it has something to do entirely with me?"

Clint seemed to think carefully on how he would answer his question. "It was mainly Tony's idea, but it's more of his own prank in revenge of something you did, or something like that. I wasn't really listening when he was explaining."

Peter's mind clicked. The special guest was related to him, only it wasn't apart of the main prank war, it was Tony's own prank purely against him. "Does that help you at all?" Clint asked him, dragging him from his thoughts. 

"Uh yeah, it does. Now I'm just worried." He admitted, scratching the back of his head.

"Well, whatever he has planned is probably going to suck, considering some of the shit you've pulled on him."

"He deserved most of it." Peter argued.

"I will admit, pretending that you had turned into a spider was absolutely hilarious to witness, but I think you gave the poor man a heart attack." 

Peter remember that day rather vividly. He had been wanting to get back at Mr. Stark for the prank he had previously pulled on him, and the only thing that came to mind was to pretend that he had become a spider. Very creative, he knows. He even made a costume and everything. 

Peter had never heard Mr. Stark scream that loud before, but it was totally worth it. Unfortunately for him, Mr. Stark was clearly trying to up his game. 

"Do you know when we have Mr. Stark next?" 

"No clue. You might have him next, but I can't be sure." Clint replied uncertainly.  

Peter grunted in disapproval. "Alright, let's continue rotating on who get's to shoot the bows." Clint spoke up, addressing the group of teenagers.

Clint leaned down towards Peter, "you'll be fine. Besides, they already know pretty much everything, so I'm sure whatever he has in mind won't be terrible."

"It will be terrible if my identity is on the line." 

Clint opened his mouth to reply, but promptly closed it again. "I'm sure Stark isn't that evil." He finally decided to say. 

"I beg to differ." Peter said flatly. Before Clint could say anything to him, Peter walked off. He went back over to Ned, who was eagerly waiting his turn. 

"Dude, that catch was awesome!" He exclaimed, as soon as he saw Peter coming towards him. Peter shrugged, as he sat down beside him on the seat.

"What were you and Mr. Barton talking about?" Ned asked curiously, upon seeing the look Peter was wearing.

Peter sighed, "well apparently the special guest has something to do with the prank war, but it's a prank against me... Or, something like that."

"Bro, your life is crazy. Your in a prank war with the Avengers! That's awesome."

Peter let a smile cover his lips at his friends enthusiasm. "Yeah, I guess it is pretty cool."

Peter let his mind wander, thinking of what Mr. Stark had in store for him.

A/N: Yay, chapter 8 is now out! I also wanted to ask you guys two questions. First, if you had to choose one character from the Guardians of the Galaxy to do a team-up with Peter, who would you choose? This question may or may not have something to do with my alien story idea... And second, what Avenger would you like to see in the next chapter?

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

60.9K 1.5K 7
Peter finally got his life under control, that is until his Academic Decathalon Team decides to take a tour of Avengers Tower. !UNDER EDITING! #1 in...
139K 4K 17
Just a normal story where Peter Parker and his class go on a field trip to Stark Industry
CEO?? By Chloe

Fanfiction

33.4K 776 34
A field trip to Stark Industries, where secrets are revealed and friends made. Okay, so I know I'm already writing one of these field trip tropes, bu...
58.5K 1.5K 14
**under some severe editing. read at your own risk** One class from Midtown School of Science & Technology was chosen to attend Stark Industries. Of...