A Modern Day Fairy Tale

By tufano79

Crown Prince Edward Anthony Masen Cullen is the heir to the throne in the small independent country, Gevalia... More

Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Eighteen
Chapter Nineteen
Chapter Twenty
Chapter Twenty-One
Chapter Twenty-Two
Chapter Twenty-Three
Chapter Twenty-Four
Chapter Twenty-Five
Chapter Twenty-Six
Chapter Twenty-Seven
Chapter Twenty-Eight
Chapter Twenty-Nine
Author's Note
Chapter Thirty
Chapter Thirty-One
Chapter Thirty-Two
Chapter Thirty-Three
Chapter Thirty-Four
Chapter Thirty-Five
Chapter Thirty-Six
Chapter Thirty-Seven
Chapter Thirty-Eight
Chapter Thirty-Nine
Chapter Forty
Chapter Forty-One
Chapter Forty-Two
Chapter Forty-Three
Chapter Forty-Four
Chapter Forty-Five
Chapter Forty-Six
Chapter Forty-Seven
Chapter Forty-Eight
Chapter Forty-Nine
Chapter Fifty
Chapter Fifty-One
Chapter Fifty-Three: A Vanity Fair Article
Chapter Fifty-Four: Epilogue One
Chapter Fifty-Five: Epilogue Two

Chapter Fifty-Two

1.6K 43 4
By tufano79

Disclaimer: All characters are not mine. No copyright infringement was intended. Thank you to Stephenie Meyer for creating Edward and Bella for our enjoyment. I just like playing with them, making them my own ... even for just a little while.

Now, we've got some schmexy times coming up next chapter and some more forgiveness? Will Esme be forgiven?

Chapter Fifty-Two

Masen

"We're dismissed until after the first of the year," I said, banging the gavel. "Enjoy your holidays, everyone. Excellent work!" The members of parliament got up and left the chambers. I packed up my bag, tucking my laptop into its sleeve. Heidi was at my side, handing me a folder. I looked at the paperwork inside, seeing that it was the finalized transfer of funds into an account for Alice. "Thank you, Heidi."

"Lady Bella met with Alice and she received the same information," Heidi said as we walked to my office. "We will be tracking her to verify that she won't have any further contact with Mr. Swan or their property."

"Keep me appraised, Heidi," I said, reaching for my overcoat and sliding it over my shoulders. "Now, I'm off to see my fiancée. I can imagine that she's got to be exhausted from meeting with her sister."

"From what I heard; the meeting didn't last as long as anticipated. She went back to the apartment after her time at the prison. The paparazzi were hovering outside of the prison. Jane drafted a statement, explaining her presence there," Heidi said, handing me her tablet.

I briefly read it and was pleased with what Jane had said. The gist of the statement was that Bella was meeting with her estranged sister, who had acted inappropriately while she had visited our home. She'd explained what had transpired between Alice and our family that landed her in jail. They wanted to meet prior to Alice's deportation from Gevalia, putting their situation behind each other. I smiled, handing Heidi back her tablet. "Excellent response. Bella did well in hiring Jane."

"She was the most competent of the candidates, Your Highness. She also has a temperament that matches Lady Bella well. She's snarky, but calm. Lady Bella and Jane bicker like old ladies, but they are also good friends," Heidi said, a smile on her face. "I'm certain you're looking forward to some time off."

"That's relative," I snorted. "I may not be working for parliament, but I do have obligations with the royal family. Photo ops, interviews, parties and public appearances. We're also preparing another interview with Vanity Fair, a more in-depth interview announcing our wedding date."

"Well, I'll make sure that I have your schedule sent to your cell phone," Heidi nodded. "I'll see you on Monday. Are you going to be at the apartment or at the palace?"

"Heading to the apartment. We'll be at Masen Manor until after the first of the year. We'll return to the apartment the weekend before parliament returns for the winter session," I nodded. "Have a good weekend, Heidi."

"You, too, Your Highness," Heidi beamed, curtseying before scurrying out of the office. She nodded to Felix as he slipped inside, standing imposingly at my door.

I put on my coat and left the parliament building. The weather was nippy, as was the norm of mid-October in Gevalia. You could smell the possibility of snow, but it never reached the ground. I eased into the back of the Range Rover, checking my cell phone as we pulled away. The drive back to the apartment took about twenty minutes. I smiled at the doorman, making my way to the elevator and rode up to the penthouse.

Opening the door, I tossed my keys onto the foyer table. "Cherie, I'm home," I called out. I was greeted by silence. "Hello?" I looked around, seeing a folded card next to the key bowl. I picked it up, opening it.

Do you want to play, Majesty? Whipped cream? Strawberries? Champagne? A Bella sundae? Go to the kitchen for some provisions ... and your next clue. Love, Bella

I blinked up, seeing the lights dimmed and candles lit around the apartment. A slow, predatory smile spread over my face and I walked to the kitchen. I found a bottle of champagne, strawberries and some homemade chocolate mousse. I picked up the three items and put them on a waiting tray, with two champagne flutes and another card.

You found my goodies ... I'm hoping you can use those goodies on me, Majesty. The question remains ... do you have to unwrap your Bella? Or, am I naked, spread and waiting for you to devour me? Bedroom, Masen ... come find me. Love, your turned-on, wet and wanting fiancée.

"Fuck me," I growled, tugging off my tie and picking up the tray. I made my way to the bedroom. The lights were dimmed and more candles flickered on every flat surface, along with some fresh flowers. Sitting on the bed and leaning against the headboard was a very naked and aroused Bella. Her pale skin was glowing under the candle light. Her long hair was draped over her shoulders, grazing her breasts. Her legs were spread and I could see her merest hint of her core.

"I see you got my clues," she purred. She sat up, her fingers gliding over her breasts as she flipped her hair back over shoulders. I nodded dumbly, putting the tray down on the bedside table. I sat down next to her, cupping her cheek and staring into her eyes. I wanted to see if she was okay. She'd met with her sister and probably said goodbye to her, presumably forever. "Masen, I'm alright. I want to move on from my past and into my future. That future is with you." Her fingers found my shirt, making quick work of the buttons and gently pushing it off my shoulders. "I love you, Masen. I need you. I need us." She kissed me, her fingers gliding over my chest.

Her mouth brushing over mine triggered something in me. I cupped her neck, pressing her back onto the bed. My clothes were shed from my body. Soft caresses turned to insistent and needy groping. Her hand wrapped around my length, stroking me insistently. My fingers sunk inside her, feeling her arousal and desire for me. With whispered pleas, two became one and we made love.

We made love all night, healing the last of Bella's wounds from her sister's emotional abuse.

We had sex, partaking in a Bella and Masen sundae and making a spectacular mess of the bedding.

We fucked in the shower, washing off the whipped cream, chocolate mousse and strawberry bits.

After changing the sheets, we settled into bed, and I idly played with one Bella's drying curls. "Are you really okay, cherie?" I asked. "With your visit to Alice?"

"I am. I gave her the information for her new start," Bella answered, yawning. "She was shocked that we were willing to help her, but it grateful. I was shocked she said any word of thanks. She really figured out that her way of handling things was wrong."

"Do you know what's going to happen to her?" I pressed.

"I don't know," Bella shrugged. "I told her to get her GED and start fresh. What happens to her is in her hands, to be honest." She snuggled closer to me. "I'm moving on from this, Masen. I wouldn't have been able to if it weren't for you."

"No, it was you who managed to put her in her place and move from the abuse she doled out to you, cherie," I whispered to her forehead. "I'm proud of you and I love you so much."

"I love you more, Masen," she said drowsily. She kissed my lips, sliding her arm across my belly. I held her tightly, my eyes drifting closed and falling asleep as the sun breached the horizon.

xx AMDFT xx

A couple of days later, Alice was officially deported from Gevalia. Bella and Alec drove her to the airport. She was flying back to New York. From what Bella told me, Alice was going to take the money we'd gifted her and start fresh in Texas. She had a friend, Cynthia, who moved to Austin and offered Alice a couch until she got on her feet. Alice hugged her sister and was officially out of our lives.

But, not out of our thoughts.

I know I'd keep track of her, for Bella, if she wanted to reconnect with Alice.

I also know that Bella would keep her old email address active, if her sister wanted to contact her.

Sitting in the library, after Alice had left, Bella was flipping through a bridal magazine and I was reading a book. We were relaxing after almost four months of nonstop craziness since our return to the capital. My phone vibrated next to me and I picked it up. Sliding my finger across the screen, I answered, "Hello?"

"Hello, Masen," Mother cooed. "Are you busy?"

"Busy being bums," I snickered. "We've been going nonstop since our return to the capital. We're relishing in the quiet and the opportunity to sit, doing absolutely nothing."

"Oh," she replied. There was a lot of dejection in that single syllable. "I was hoping ... I'd like to see my oldest son and his fiancée. I miss you, Masen,"

"I know, Mom," I murmured, standing up and walking to the window. Bella watched me; her brows furrowed. "Look, this is the first day we haven't had anything planned. Even that was a stretch. Bella saw Alice off at the airport this morning. Bella and I have a date with our couch, some takeout and some Netflix. You know how busy we've been."

"I was still hoping," she grumbled. "Things are better between us, but there's still a distance, Masen."

"I still need time," I sighed, pinching my nose. Bella walked up to me, sliding her arms around my waist. I hugged her close, kissing her forehead. "I love you, Mom, and I know you want to try and correct the damage you've caused."

"It's hard to do that when you won't let me try," she muttered petulantly.

"How about tomorrow, after church?" I suggested. "We'll come over after services."

"We have a lot of planning to do and there's the matter of Bella's dress," Mom said. "You can't be there for that."

"I wouldn't want to be. I want to be surprised when I see Bella walk down the aisle to me when she becomes my wife," I breathed, looking down at my fiancée. "Tomorrow, then?"

"After church," she said. "We'll have a late lunch and then we'll do some serious wedding planning. I will need to call Charlie. He said he wanted to be included. We can video conference."

"Okay, Mom," I chuckled.

"And Masen?" she whispered.

"What?"

"I love you. And I love Bella. Give her a hug for me?" Mother breathed. "I know I didn't say it a lot, but I'm so proud of you and happy that ..." She trailed off. "I'll see you tomorrow."

Before I could respond, the phone call disconnected. "Everything okay, Masen?" Bella asked, threading her fingers with mine.

"Mom said that she loved me," I whispered. "In all of my life, I could count on one hand how many times she said to me out loud. She's really trying to make things right." I looked down at her, brushing my lips over her forehead. "We're going over to the palace after church. Wedding planning, she said."

Bella dragged me to the couch. She gently pushed me onto the cushions, straddling my hips. "Did you doubt your mother's love?" she asked, her fingers gently massaging my neck.

"No. It's unconditional, but she never told me. She never said that she loved me and that she was proud of what I've done," I muttered. "She said she loved you, when her actions ..."

"Her actions after her harsh words do speak volumes. She knows she fucked up," Bella argued, arching a brow. "She flew to some Podunk town in Washington state to drag me back to New York. She saw what she caused. Now, she's trying to show it." She kissed me, smiling at me softly. "Have you forgiven your mother?"

"In theory," I answered.

"Masen," Bella sighed, glowering at me. "Be serious."

"I am being serious," I snickered. "Have you forgiven her?"

"I have, Masen. Will our relationship be the same after what happened? No. I think our relationship is a bit better. There's no ... pretenses. She knows that she can't walk over me and I know that I can put her in her place without any fear of recourse," Bella explained. "You have to forgive her, Masen. I was talking to Heidi and people are starting to notice the distance between you and your mother."

"They are?" I whispered.

"Yeah," Bella nodded. "Look, we need to move past what happened in February. It's been eight months, Masen." She threaded her fingers with mine. "It's time to let it go. I love you. Your mother loves you and she wants to make things right. It's time to stop being stubborn."

"Okay," I agreed. "Have you told her that you've forgiven her?"

"When the time is right," Bella responded. "She needs to hear it from you, first. But, only if your mean it." I stared into her eyes, seeing nothing but sincerity and love. "Now, what's this about watching Netflix and chilling?"

"That was the parent-appropriate reason why I wanted to stay home," I quipped, sliding my hands up along her ribcage and dragging her sweater with my hands. I tossed it from her body. "The real reason is far more X-rated."

"Sounds positively delightful," Bella purred, flinging her bra over her shoulder. "Fuck me, Majesty."

"With pleasure, Lady Bella," I growled, twisting our bodies so she was pinned to the couch.

xx AMDFT xx

After church services, we went to the palace and Bella was whisked away by Heidi, Elizabeth, and my mother. They were heading to some posh bridal salon to finalize details about the wedding dress. Jane was with me, along with Felix, and my father while we were in Masen Manor, trying on tuxedos for the reception. For the wedding, I'd be wearing my full regal attire, with a military jacket, my noble crest and a sash with my family's colors and a nod to the Swan family colors, too.

"I think you should have a more traditional tuxedo for the reception," Jane said as I stepped out in a chic twist on a tux from Prada. "The designs that Lady Bella and Heidi have been looking at are more traditional, not that."

"I agree," I said, tugging on the too-short jacket. "Though, these pants my ass look fabulous."

"Masen," Dad chided, shaking his head. "Language. It's not becoming to speak like that as a prince."

"I've heard you say worse, Dad," I snickered, ducking back into the bedroom to remove the tuxedo. "And in three different languages." I hung up the tuxedo, grabbing the next one on the rack. It was a classically tailored tuxedo, but in a deep charcoal grey. Leaving the bowtie hanging around my neck, I stepped back into the living room. "I like the fit of this one."

"But grey?" asked my brother, leaning against the door jamb.

"I thought you were deployed," I smiled, looking at him. I walked over to him, shaking his hand and moving to give him a hug.

"My mission ended early and I'm off for a week before I go to my next location," Emmett answered. "Have you finalized a date? I want to talk to my commanding officer to make sure I have time off for your nuptials, Mase."

"May thirteenth," Dad answered, a grin on his face. "Bella wanted to honor her mother. And the thirteenth is close to American Mother's Day. Gevalia is absolutely beautiful that time of year."

Emmett pulled out his phone, putting the information into it. "I should be here, working on base in May," he explained. As he was flipping his thumb over the screen, his phone vibrated. His smile widened and he eagerly responded to whatever had flashed on his screen.

"Who has you grinning like a loon?" I asked, letting the seamstress adjust the tuxedo. I liked the cut and fit, but wanted a black tuxedo. I whispered to her in French, explaining my needs and wants for the suit on my body. Emmett huffed, arching a brow. "Sorry, Emmett. Getting married. This is kind of a big deal, bro."

Emmett just waved his hand, sitting down next to my father. "You and I both know that people are not going to be looking at you, Mase. Their eyes will be on Bella. What will she wear? Will she be traditional or more cutting edge?" Emmett mused. "You're just her arm candy, despite you being the damned royal."

"Answer the question, asshole," I laughed, subtly flipping him off as I scratched my nose. "Who are you texting?"

His smile softened and he leaned forward. "Rosalie. We got to talking at the bakery reopening. She's ... struggling, but we're rebuilding our friendship and possibly, our relationship."

"Did you talk about your choices after she was raped?" Dad asked, his voice filled with disapproval.

Emmett scowled, twisting his watch and shifting on the couch. "I didn't know what to do. I was pissed at those animals who had torn her up. I was pissed at her, because she left without telling me. I get that she was ..." He trailed off, scrubbing his face. "I just got drunk to forget the pain. Her pain. My pain. Honestly, I don't remember what happened after I got drunk or high."

"It's a valid question, Emmett," I retorted. "Did you have random sex?"

"I did," he grumbled, shame coloring his voice. "But, that was ... months after Rose's attack and after many unreturned phone calls, texts and emails. Sex masked what I lost with Rose. It was empty. After a handful of encounters, I turned back to drugs and alcohol. That was when you stepped in, Mase. I'd make out with girls, but it never went further than that. The one thing that Rose wanted me to verify was that I never forced women. If I had, she couldn't continue talking to me."

"Did you?" Dad practically growled.

"What?! No!" Emmett snapped, shooting to his feet. "I was drunk, not stupid. I hear no, I walk away. Especially after what Rose ..." He stalked to the window and crossed his arms angrily. "I'm not a monster. I was just hurting, angry at the world. I talked to therapists when I was in rehab. I talked to psychologists when I enlisted. I'm being honest to Rose about my mistakes. I will always be an addict. It's a life-long ailment. I made mistakes. I hope to atone for those mistakes. I pray that Rose and I, we get a chance to explore a new relationship. I love her. She has feelings for me. I'm not ... I can't let that go. Whatever relationship that Rose is willing to give me, I'll take. I want her to be a part of my life."

I blinked at my father, arching a brow and subtly shaking my head and hoping that he got the clue to let this go. He held up his hands in surrender. Draping my arm over Emmett's shoulders, I said, "I'm glad that you're rebuilding your relationship with Rosalie. I've only spoken to her briefly, but she's a very smart and beautiful woman who was hurt so terribly."

"I just hope that I get a chance to truly redeem myself in her eyes," Emmett whispered, shaking his head. "I want my own happily ever after. I want a chance to love her again. Love her like she deserves to be loved."

"You will, Emmett," I said.

"Your Highness," Jane chirped.

"Yes," we all replied.

"Prince Edward," Jane chuckled. "Your mother just called. She and Lady Bella are on their way back. She would like to speak with you upon her return. Heid, Lady Bella and I are going to work on décor for the reception."

Remembering what Bella said about forgiving my mother. I was curious if she'd spoken to my mother, accepting her for who she was and her version of tough love. "Thank you, Jane," I nodded. "Where should I meet her?"

"In the royal palace, her private quarters," Jane said, reading from her tablet. "They'll be back in a half hour. Shall I bring you both lunch?"

"Have lunch arranged for Prince Edward and Her Majesty in her quarters. Then, have some lunch set up for Lady Bella and me here in Masen Manor," Dad ordered. "I want to get to know my daughter-in-law and help with these illustrious wedding plans."

"Of course, Your Highness. Right away," Jane breathed, bouncing away and making the appropriate arrangements.

I went back into the bedroom, stripping out of the marked tuxedo and putting on my dress slacks and button-down. Draping my sport coat over my arm, I spent the last few moments with my father and brother, talking about my time at parliament and our family's plans for the holiday season, including celebrating American Thanksgiving with Bella and the various charity events and masques that required our attendance. I'd missed out on all of that because I was in the states, but with our engagement, our attendance would be necessary and it meant a full schedule from the beginning of November until the end of January.

My beautiful fiancée breezed into Masen Manor, kissing me deeply, but too swiftly before my brother and father whisked her away for lunch. I walked across the gardens to the palace and made my way to the private quarters. I smiled at Elizabeth, who was scurrying out of the room and found my mother in the small dining room, sipping some tea. I closed the door and she looked up. In her green eyes, I saw happiness but wariness. She was still afraid that I was going to shun her.

"How was dress shopping?" I asked, walking toward her and giving her a gallant bow.

She nodded and gestured to the seat across from her. "I was excellent. Bella found both of her gowns ... fit for a queen. And that's all you're going to know." She smirked a bit, sipping her tea. "Did you find a tuxedo for the reception?"

"Yes. The tux that I tried on was in charcoal grey, but in black, it'll be perfect," I answered. Our lunch was delivered and we tucked into our light meal. "Mom, are you okay? I mean, you seem like you're hesitant to talk to me."

"I'm not hesitant," she replied, dabbing her mouth. "I just don't want to lose you. I've already lost you once."

"You didn't lose me," I sighed, arching a brow.

"I did, Masen," she muttered. "I lost you the moment that I spoke about Bella, telling you to end it. You adore her. She's your perfect match, your first and true love. My callous words shattered her, shattered our relationship ... a relationship that already on thin ice to begin with ... I did that and I'm trying to accept it. I'm trying to accept the fact that you and I will never be okay."

"Mom ..." I tried to say.

"No, I need you to listen to me, Masen. I love you. I will always love you and I'm so proud that you're my son. You will be the best leader for Gevalia after I've abdicated the throne. I love Bella and I know that the two of you will be the best representation of Gevalia," she sniffled, wiping her eyes.

"Mom, will you stop?" I barked, arching a brow. "What you said and did to Bella was awful ..."

"And I will spend the rest of my life trying to make it right," she cried. "I just hate this distance between us."

"I do, too," I murmured, taking her hand and waiting for her to stop crying. I wanted to hug her, but my mother was never one for affection. Her tears continued to fall and I got up, gathering my mother into my arms. She sobbed against my chest, clinging to my arms. "Mom, you have to forgive yourself for what happened. It's tearing you apart."

"You don't forgive me," she sniffled.

"Mom, I do forgive you," I said, wiping her tears away. "Bella forgives you."

"She told me while we were picking out her veil," Mom said, looking up at me. "She said that she hated the distance among our family. She also said that we needed to move on from our past mistakes, focusing on the future."

"My fiancée is pretty smart," I chuckled, sitting back and looking at her.

"And so incredibly strong," Mom said, giving me a watery smile. "I misjudged her, Masen. I'm so sorry."

"No more apologies, Mom," I pressed. "We need to move on and forgive each other. Forgive yourself ... can we do that? Can you do that?"

"I will, Masen," she said, giving me a smile. "I love you, mon fils. I'm so proud of you."

"I love you, too, Mom," I breathed. "Now, can we eat? All that wedding planning and trying on those tuxedos made me really hungry." She laughed and picked up her fork. With a wink, I did the same. And with that meal, the relationship with my mother changed. Our relationship became one of a mother and a son, not a queen and her subject.

xx AMDFT xx

"Thank you, again, for a meeting with me," chirped Bree. "This interview will be one of the biggest in Vanity Fair history. The photos are beautiful and your story is so romantic."

"Posting our first interview online was smart, but this in-issue version, with more in-depth questions and more details about our story will be awesome," Bella breathed. "Plus, I don't have the same hate-hate relationship with the press."

"Not all media is like what you encountered in the states, Lady Bella," Bree said softly, giving my fiancée a tender smile. "Though, I like the atmosphere in Gevalia. The respect and level of culture is enlightening and refreshing. I may have to see if I can transfer to the Gevalian office and be on the official royal media staff."

"Not just covering us, I hope. We're relatively boring," Bella giggled. "Well, now, we're relatively boring. Before, not so much."

"This is true," I chuckled, kissing her temple. "When will the article be published?"

"The photos are being edited and I need to do some work on the article, but I think it'll be posted in the January issue. More than likely, you will be the cover. You're both a beautiful couple, extremely photogenic. I'm totally jealous at the sheer amount of beauty I see in front of me."

"That would be him," Bella snickered, snuggling against me.

"I beg to differ, cherie," I purred, nuzzling my lips along her neck.

"And you're both freaking adorable," Bree said, standing up and brushing her hands along her skirt. "As always, it's been a pleasure. I hope you and your family enjoy the holiday season. Any big plans?"

"Too many to count, but this weekend we're celebrating an American holiday," Bella smiled, standing up to hug Bree. "Thanksgiving ... we have a lot to be thankful for. I've got to give the staff a grocery list and recipes for our meal. Oh, and we need to pick up my family from the airport. They're arriving today!"

"Happy Thanksgiving, and I wish you nothing but the best," Bree said, leaving the apartment, smiling flirtatiously at Alec. He blushed and danced on his feet as she sashayed past him. With a coy smile and a discreet wave, he looked back at us. His smile fell, reaching into his pocket and grabbing the keys.

Picking up Linda, Charlie, Jake, Leah, Rachel, her boyfriend, Oliver, Mike, Angela and Ben from the airport, we made our way to the palace. Rosalie was invited, but was staying with her parents to celebrate Thanksgiving with them. She wasn't ready to get on a plane or to venture out in those crowds by herself. Emmett was upset, but made plans to have a Skype date the day after Thanksgiving.

Our family was staying at Masen Manor while Bella and I would stay in the palace, in a separate set of living quarters. On Thanksgiving, the women and Charlie got up early. I was shocked that my mother was among them. From what I was told, they were going to make the Thanksgiving meal. By three, the meal was prepared and set out onto the dining room table, which was elegantly set by our staff.

Settling into the seats, Charlie clinked his glass and held it up. "In our family, we have a tradition. Before we eat our Thanksgiving Day meal, we say one thing we're thankful for. Since we started that tradition, our family has gotten much bigger and we have so much to be thankful for. For me, I'm thankful for the new family that has accepted us into their family and for the support they've given us." He raised his glass to my mother and father, before nodding to me and Bella. "You next, baby girl."

"Oh, right," Bella snickered. "I'm thankful for my father's continued good health, the love he's found in Linda, our extended family and most of all, I'm thankful for the forgiving nature of my fiancé, Masen and his patience in dealing with me. I never thought I could be so happy. I love you all." She took a sip, smiling sweetly at me. "Masen, your turn."

"Masen, if I may," Mom murmured, holding her champagne glass.

"Of course, Mom," I nodded. "It'll give me a chance to wow my fiancée with my words." Bella giggled, leaning her cheek against my bicep. I turned and kissed her tenderly. "Love you, cherie."

"Love you, more, Masen," she whispered back.

"It's so beautiful so you both so happy. You both move like magnets. It's the most amazing thing to see," Mom sniffled. She wiped her cheeks and stared at the table, filled with our friends, extended family and staff members who were considered to be family. "Charlie, I like this tradition and I like this holiday of Thanksgiving, giving us a chance to reflect and cherish our own happiness." She looked down, blowing out a breath. "I am thankful for a great many things." She blinked up and looked around the table. "I'm thankful for my family. My husband, who helped me see the error of my ways. I love you, Carlisle."

"And I you, mon amour," Carlisle smiled.

"I'm thankful for my sons. Emmett, you've grown so much this past year. I know you suffered a loss with what happened to your Rosalie, but I'm thankful that you're happy and healthy again. I'm thankful that you've ... accepted our love and assistance. I love you, Emmett. I haven't said enough, but I love you and I'm proud of you." She squeezed his hand, looking over to me. "Masen, my oldest son and the man who will rule this country. I couldn't be happier for you and Bella. Together, you will both usher Gevalia into the next century and you will be our legacy. I'm thankful for your forgiveness, your strength and your happiness. Bella, I'm thankful for you for being you; for loving my son and for being the woman he will need. I love you and I will do everything to be the woman, the mother you need me to be." With a smile, she raised her glass. "Most importantly, I'm thankful for my family."

"Here, here," Emmett boomed, raising his glass.

"To family," I said. "Our family and loving our family."

"To family," everyone replied.

A/N: This is the last traditional chapter. I have one more chapter before the epilogue and it will be an article. Bree Tanner's article for Vanity Fair. Leave me some loving! Thank you for reading!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

89.9K 4.4K 101
Edward Masen, twenty-eight, is the most popular escort working for Esme Platt at Buying Love, Inc. He's the best at what he does and no woman goes un...
141K 6.5K 176
Isabella Swan, an up and coming graphic artist, lived in the heart of the Gold Coast in Chicago. She was comfortable in her brownstone, left to her b...
30.7K 553 20
Set in Eclipse Isla Rose Swan is Bella's twin sister, their fraternal twins. Isla decides it is time to go to visit Bella and dad. When she gets the...
20K 358 24
This story is about a 22 years old girl that is Isabella's older sister she's in college and about it graduate. Her name is Vanessa Swan and she ge...