Halo: A Soldier's Story

By Xozen345

The story of a 16 year old UNSC Soldier Fighting in the Human Covenant war. Starting him joining the war as I... More

Halo: Soldier's Story Info (not apart story)
Brief History of the Halo Universe (not story)
Into War
Meet the troops
Hell level 3 loading.....
Hell level 3 Loaded : Defence
Hell level 3 Loaded: Offense
Team tension
PIt stop before War
Relic Approach
Relic Interior
Interior Defense
Relic Escape

Arrival to Transmission point

2.3K 51 13
By Xozen345

Hey, readers. I do apologize for the long wait for this chapter. This one took a while to so (I wrote and rewrote about 7 times) because I just couldn't get it right and that combined with writers block just stalled the story so sorry. I do hope you enjoy it now though

New items/vehicles:

Scorpion (Human Tank)

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

After 2 hours of marching in the snow, my nose felt like it was about 2 degrees away from freezing and falling off.

To make matters worse, the snowfall had turned into a full on snow storm that reduced visibility to the point where you could barely see the person marching in front of you.

Just when I though every appendage I had was about to get frostbite we finally reached the end of the snow plain. And what stood before was an enormous mountain.

Mark, Alex and Oliver took out the holomap and began to study it.

Soon they called the rest of us over.

"We reached the mountain range so we will be turning and heading a few clicks north until we reach the point," Mark said addressing us all. "Now upon closer inspection of the map we discovered a path through the mountain range that MAY lead us to an area hear."

The map zoomed and showed an area behind the designated area.

"From here there should have a clear view of the area and if there are any enemies in that location this route would allow a surprise attack." Mark paused for second. "However there is a chance that this path through the mountains impassable and going through could be a colossal waste time. Time that we may not have."

"So we aren't using it?" asked Josh

"It could be a great advantage to have" I interjected.

"Yeah better take the risk and take it. Better lose a some of time then some lives" Luke added in

"Glad you two think that boys" Mark with a big grin on his face. "You two just volunteered yours services. As I was about to say before I was interrupted is that were going to send three of you through the mountain just in case it is impassable. This way if its good you guys can ambush the enemy and if its a waste of time most of the squad can move out so not to waste any time."

"Now that you two chaps have volunteered, you will be coming with me through mountains" Oliver Spoke up

"Now that's sorted out, you guys head out while we take a 10-minute break," Alex said while sitting in the snow.

"What?!" Luke protested

I rolled my eyes but didn't argue with it. I realized they were just ensuring that if we did meet a blocked path early we could turn back and still meet them here.

After messing with Luke for a bit, they explained that to him as well which silenced the guy for a while, and we headed through the mountain path.

After a 55 minutes mountain climb that I can honestly say I hope to never have to do again, I could we finally reached our or destination.

"Come in Raze Leader, I repeat come in Raze Leader" Oliver broadcast.

I listened out my helmet, but I couldn't even hear Oliver's message broadcasting to me and I was right to next to him.

Someone must have a Jammer activated near by. Which meant the covenant where here.

"Guys you may want to give this a look" Luke called to us

He handed Oliver the binoculars, and I could see Oliver's facial expression change as he looked.

He handed me the binoculars, and I could immediately understand why. Covenant troops were occupying what must have been a fairly big outpost. And to make matters worse they set up shade turrets on top of the towers on the two side of the entrance. Which meant as soon as the rest of the squad got here they would be in the crosshairs of the enemy.

I continued surveying they area taking note of the size of the force we were facing until I finally saw the jammer.

"There" I announced, "I've spotted the Jammer.

I gave the binoculars back to Oliver.

"Well good news bad news. Good its mostly guarded by grunts. The bad new is that the second we start firing the rest of the force will quickly descend upon not even us mentioning those turrets". Oliver informed us in a voice that's wasn't too reassuring.

"Finally reinforcement have arrived" I heard a voice bellow from behind us.

I quickly turn to see a group of 4 marines directly behind us.

"We are a detachment from Raze squad ordered to investigate a transmission from this area," Oliver said while saluting the group behind us.

"Names Dain, we were originally stationed here but lucky for us we were on patrol during the initial attack." The man had announced the presence of the group said as he walked forward "Where's the rest of your squad?"

"We took the mountain path while rest are going through front gate" Oliver answered

"Then we must hurry," the Dain said "or the rest of squad will get cut down by the shade turrets they set up on the towers near the front gate."

"Ok let's get those turrets down then" Luke spoke up

"If we rush the turrets they will down in seconds and that won't help us or your squad" Dain said in an annoyed tone.

"We could try and destroy the Jammer and send the rest of the squad a message" I suggested

"No, they destroyed our communications when they took the base, were planning on reversing the jammer to boost our signal so we can contact St. Forge."

"Well, he is on the move with rest main force attacking the covenant as we speak."

"Well, then we must hurry to ensure the rest of your squad doesn't get cut down."

Soon we had all repelled down from the mountain side.

We had split into two team's, Capture and Destruction.

I was a part of the team taking the jammer.

"Ok, we need to wait exactly two minutes to give the other team time get to the wall where the shade turrets are placed." Dain started "Then we need to make a big enough commotion as we try and take the jammer to draw the attention of the covies around."

We all nodded. We took aim, everyone taking a different target. As my luck would have it, I happen to get one of the few elites in the group.

The elite was a just a minor, clad in blue armor, but I knew his shields would reflect at least my first clip before they went down.

And that didn't account for the constant movement Elites do. Always rolling or side stepping gunfire and grenades.

"1 minute" Dain informed us

Then I remembered the plasma grenades I had taken back to the outpost.

"30 seconds."

I quickly took out the grenade and moved either closer to my target counting the seconds in my head.

As I hit 3 seconds in my head, I pressed the small orange spot on the grenade, and it immediately turned bright blue showing that it was ready to be thrown.

I quickly threw the grenade at the elite and manage to stick the elites arm just as the rest team started firing.

All the elite had time to do was scream before the grenade detonated with a bright flash of white-blue light.

"Reflect that" I shouted as ran over the dead body of the elite. I quickly found another grenade to replace the one I just used.

"Nice work," Dain said as he walked up behind me " that definitely caused enough commotion."

Boy was he right. With a minute our position was under a hail of gunfire. Just as the shade turrets started turning to fire on us, I heard the familiar sound of frag grenade going off and looked up just in time see the turrets secondary explosion go off causing them tumble off the tower.

That still left about, 20 covenant punks all around us who were less than pleased with us being here.

I took cover behind a crate nearby and started laying down suppression fire on the advancing Covenant force.

Out of desperation, I chucked all my remaining grenades blindly from behind the cover.

As I heard the grenades detonate I came up from behind my cover, firing short burst at every grunt I could find.

Just as things are looking up I hear a scream of pain from beside me. I look over to see a pick shard stick out of Dain's right hand.

I curse and quickly jump and tackles Dain pushing him from out in the open. Lucky for him it was only one needle shard that hit him, but the damage was still extensive to his hand.

Knowing he wasn't going to be able to hold his battle rifle with one hand, gave him my pistol and then quickly began to try lay down more suppression fire but in the little time it had taken me move Dain out the way the covenant had advanced on us.

I quickly ducked back under, reloading my rifle.

I take a deep breath and tighten my grip on the weapon. But as I soon I was about get up to open fire I heard a frag grenade go off. Followed by a lot of human gun fire.

I poke my head from under to cover to see Mark and rest of squad taking out the remaining Covenant forces.

________________________________________________________________________________________

"Nice of you guys to show up after we did all the real work" I joked as ran up greeted the rest of Raze squad.

"Good job squad," Mark said as Luke and Oliver came over followed Dain and his small force. "We had been trying contact you guys for awhile, but our messages were being jammed.

"We know the jammers over there," Dain said while holding his bleeding hand "One of my boys is trying to reverse it to boost our signal contact the main base since they destroyed our own communication when they attacked."

"Well, the Main Force is own the move attacking covenant at a structure northwest of here."

"So I have been told," Dain said as he started walking off "Well then these will be even more needed than"

I looked at Luke who only shrugged and began following Dain

"Do you now what this outpost is?" Dain asked as we followed " Its a vehicle depot" he said answering his own question when no one did.

"Where they build on planet vehicles" Luke added in

"Yes exactly" Dain replied, "Usually when the vehicles are done they are moved to the Alpha base in a transport but this is done in groups of three. However, because the base was attacked the last transport never got sent."

As he finished his sentence, we arrived at a set of big blast doors where he entered a code.

Soon the doors began to creak open to reveal three scorpion tanks.

The M808B Main Battle Tank, commonly known as the Scorpion, is the most common armored fighting vehicle employed by the UNSC.

Ceramic-Titanium armoring makes it almost invulnerable to small-arms fire and easily shrugs off standard ballistic and plasma weapons.

The tank also features a small crew size, one operator (driver and main cannon) one machine gunner, and while important material and VIPs can be crammed into the main cabin, up to four soldiers can safely be transported on the treads.

66 tons of destruction.

"These bad boys ought to help out St. Forge out in the attack," Dain said through a pained smile.

"You're telling me," Luke said running up and studying the tank

"Well I have two drivers here," Dain said gesturing to two his soldiers "and I was supposed to be the third but with this hand won't be driving time soon."

"Well Luke is our best driver so he can take control of the third tank" Mark spoke up

"Alright that's fine, I'm gonna stay here and try to get the jammer repurposed to contact Forge then, I won't be much help with a gun while my hands like this," he said raising his hand

"Well then let's load up and move out."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

4.1K 73 13
By the year 2015 humans have developed practical means of interstellar travel, but as they expand further out into the Milky Way, they disturb a prev...
64.4K 2.3K 48
When the Aliens, the Covenant, invaded, it seemed as if Mankind had no hope. Then the Spartans came to the rescue. These genetically modified super s...
35.9K 760 18
(Side note: this is a Halo fan story and will not follow the lore at all. Plus I do not own anything from Halo.) WARNING: this involves violence and...
912 11 10
A UNSC detachment gets ambushed and decimated, with the only two remaining survivors being picked up by a Pelican that also has other stray marines a...