How Can You Love Me?

By lousboo93

Jade is an 18 year old girl. Her life was pretty average. But when she meets a mysterious, dark, yet sweet bo... More

Prologue
Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter three
Chapter four.
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter nine
Chapter eleven
chapter twelve
chapter thirteen
chapter fourteen
chapter fifteen
chapter sixteen
Chapter seventen. Wedding part 1
chapter seventeen Wedding part 2
Chapter eighteen
Authors note
Chapter Nineteen.
Chapter Twenty.
Chapter twenty one
Chapter twenty- two
Chapter twenty-three
Chapter Twenty-four
Chapter Twenty-five
Chapter Twenty-Six
Chapter twenty-seven -Zayn's birthday
Chapter Twenty-eight
Smut Chapter twenty - nine
Chapter thirty
Chapter thirty one
Chapter thirty two
Chapter thirty two
Epilogue
Last Author Note

Chapter ten

203 4 7
By lousboo93

Chapter ten

Zayn and I are now sitting under a park tree. He's still holding me and my sobbing has reduced to whimpers. I want to know why Zayn is here and not Jason or Harry. Why is the vampire here who couldn't possibly give a shit about anyone but himself, why is he here?

"Why are you here? You don't care. I'm just a blood bag to you and has long as I'm Healthy you don't care," I say harshly.

"Why am I here? I heard all the screaming at your house and doors slamming. Then I saw you running away. So, I somehow knew you'd be here," he pauses. "I lied about a lot of things, but my dad walking out on me-my family was not one of them. I know what you are feeling like your world is crumbling. It's a sucky feeling."

"I don't need your pity. I know that you may be acting all sweet and caring now but tomorrow it will be different!" I say.

"Listen I heard you and Niall talking. He's not completely wrong. I'm confused and I'm still trying to figure this all out."

I sniffle. "Your dad really left you?" I ask.

Zayn nods.

"I'm sorry."

"Don't be, the dick got what he deserved," Zayn smirks. I gasp earning a shrug from him. "C'mon you are going to catch a cold of you sit out here for to long."

"I don't want to go home." I admit.

"Okay, but if you want my opinion you should at least talk to your parents," Zayn's voice is calm.

"O-ok." I probably won't talk to them just go straight to me room.

Zayn helps me up as we make our way to the car. He drives me home and drops me off. I look at him.

"Thank you." I whisper. He smiles at me nodding.

The front door swings open my father stands at the door. He sighs in relief I chew on my lip and look back to see Zayn already gone.

"There you are! I'm sorry you had to find out like this." He says. I stare at him walking right pass him and my Mum. Walking to the kitchen.

"Why?" I ask turning to finally face them. "Why now? why not when I was 5 and wouldn't understand?"

"I believe this you should answer," My Mum says toward my father.

"Why should I?" He counters.

"Your mistakes your explaining," she huffs.

"One of you answer!" I snap.

"Your father decided that I wasn't good enough for him. So all those late calls that he had were him actually seeing his mistress," My mother spits.

I gasp. "Dad?"

"It was a one time thing," he claims.

"Sure!" My mums voice in full sarcasm.

I watch my parents argue then just walk away. It's almost December I have my surgery, Christmas and Jason and Indi's wedding then New Years....my parents will not be together for any of it. I climb the stairs and walk into Jason's room. Empty, probably stating at Indi's. I go to my room quickly grab some sleeping clothes which basically is sweat pants and a stretched out shirt of my dads or Jason's or even Harry's. I grab sweat pants and Jason's old shirt and walk to the shower. I strip out of my clothes and step into the warm shower. I focus on the water pelting my skin and relax. If I didn't cry my self all out earlier I would probably be sobbing now.

After my shower I hand dry my hair pulling my clothes on. I walk out of the bathroom throwing my dirty clothes in the hamper.

"Your bed is quite comfy."

I jump back till I realize it's Zayn. Note to self lock windows.

"Dear Jesus Zayn," I sigh.

"Scare ya?" He chuckles.

"Go away," I shoo him off putting my brace on.

"Why are you always telling my to go away? That hurts my breaks my heart!" He pouts.

"What heart." I look up at his dumbfound face and I can't help but crack a smile.

"Speaking of hearts," I plop on the bed next to Zayn. "Does it beat?"

"Only when I'm around you," he says sarcasm in his voice. I glare at him. "No it doesn't."

"Then what's the point in stabbing a vampire with a wooden stake through the heart?"

"My heart doesn't beat because technically I'm dead but I'm not. I have no blood circulation which is why I'm so cold and really I don't know why it's a stake through the heart. It just is a stake through my un-beating heart will kill me."

"How are you like living then?"

"It's the poison running through my veins it's laces with my blood which often makes it taste sweet it keeps me alive somehow," he pauses. "You do know how vampires came a bout right?"

I shake my head.

"Would you like to know?"

I nod.

"Okay well vampirism, I guess you could call it, was a disease spread through a bite. There are different stories. Most are incorrect. I have the correct story that was told by and elder. People called it an ideation an abomination saying we were screwing up the natural life process by living forever. A man screwed up by doing an experiment on himself and he turned i to a blood sucking infected monster infecting others. I'm pretty sure you know who Dracula is?"

I nod.

"Basically that story is true. Dracula was one of the first vampires, now I've never meant him, but he was one of the first. Anyway so during his time period people were hunting vampires, hiding in churches and sleeping with wooden stakes. They all feared the big band vampire was going to get them. He had what every vampire wants. Power. Control. He did indeed infect others, but they stayed hidden there was four of them they were planning to help Dracula take over the world. They secretly infect and bite others no body noticed. So after Dracula was pronounced 'dead' vampires faded into a myth and a scary story to tell kids," Zayn stops to read my reaction.

This is crazy Dracula was real!? Except the story plot Zayn told be doesn't match. My mouth just sorta hangs open.

"So-are they still?" I try to form a sentence.

"They are still alive, but there plan sorta fell apart around my time. Around my time more vampires were formed and they all sorta formed territories and decided they would try to act normal and creat little families or clans. And blood bags, blood slaves, human companions came into play. Niall and I since we have the same maker we are technically brothers. I have a few vampire sisters as well. All most all of them are older than me a few younger. Liam and Callum are brothers by their maker. Ashton and Mikey are technically brothers. I do have one vampire sister I'm sorta close with. Only because when she was bit she wasn't a wuss she was like give me something to feed or I kill you she's one bad ass. Her name is Eleanor...I swear Ashton likes her and if you ask me he's quite jealous of Mikey and Callum's relationship," Zayn chuckles.

"Do you talk to any of them?"

"Niall keeps in touch with Ashton. I lost all contact when I left my maker. I like being alone I hated being told what to do so I left. Well the first attempt was awful then again I was human....the second attempt I had some help with this older vampire, again fails miserably so yeah I was the reason for that death that day. Third attempt after a few weeks I was now a vampire I failed. Fourth attempt he let me go but I was given a choice and I left here I am."

I like this side of Zayn. The non-dangerous and threatening side. He's telling me stories and he's not quiet this is the most I've heard him talk about his past or talk period. He's playful and it's just a lovely sight to see. I forget he's a vampire, but I'm starting to doubt he's going to kill me though.

"What about Callum and Michael? I can't imagine if their makers are happy about them being gay," I say.

"Their makers don't know. When they were with their makers they would meet places to hang out, but as you could imagine their uhm sexual desires were not being meant-"

"Don't need the details there," I cut in. Zayn laughs.

"Well vampires are often sexual so...anyway as I was saying their desires weren't being meant so that's when they started sneaking around. Like Mikey once snuck over to Callum's and they banged and from what Mikey told me it was hot and heavy and some "At least you don't have to worry about rejection,Jace Wayland."

"Not necessarily. I turn my self down occasionally, just to keep it interesting." other stuff I'm not repeating. Well there was a few times they all almost got caught that's when they decided to break free and get out of there. They did it on the first try."

I really like this. I really should hate him, but I don't know. I just crave him I suppose that thought it self scares me.

He made me forget about my parents divorce and my dad cheating and Jason not looking for me. He made me happy?

"We have school tomorrow I should go," He goes to stand up.

"No! I mean you can stay, I you want," please stay.

Again right now I should be kicking him out and saying good riddance, but he was there when no one else was. I truly believe somewhere deep down he likes me maybe more than like and ex isn't going to kill me and he's not evil or dangerous....I don't know all I know is I want him to stay.

"Uhm, I guess I could," he shrugs and settles back into my bed.

"So, is there anyway you could magically heal this wrist?" I joke holding up my braced arm.

"Sorry, wish I could, unless you're secretly a vampire you'll just have to have that surgery," he says kicking his boots off letting them fall to the floor.

"Were you scared?" I ask.

"Scared of what?"

"When you were first changed in to a vampire," I clarify.

"Oh, So you want to here the story huh?"

I nod.

"Okay, well I a troublemaker when I was a human. I would sneak out to see my girlfriend and some things that are normal today were like unthinkable back then. So, we would get into all sorts of trouble. Well I just dropped her off and decided to go to a near by bar and even though I was under age I would sweet talk the bartender and get what I want. So happens that very night I ran into Niall, we immediately became close and started talking more and more. Then one day he said he wanted to show me something. He took me to this abandon barn/mill house thing. That's when I meant my maker of course I was actually scared for my life. They both fed from me and then they made a deal with me similar to the one you made with me. He promised not to hurt my love ones if I would become his blood slave. His clan was small and weak then. So, I agreed and weeks went on and on with them feeding me then they would hold me captive and I would try to escape and fail miserably I wouldn't speak to my family in weeks on end and then a week after my third attempt to get away he had other vampires bring me to him. I was a little firecracker back then screaming profanities," He shakes his head.

I watch as he takes a deep breath. And he looks at me.

"What was your makers name?"

"Luke....Luke Hemmings," he says like he tasted something sour. "When they brought me to him you know what he told me? He said how weak I was for just screaming. He told me that he could make me stronger and that I'd be a strong vampire, but there was a problem I wasn't willing to leave the people I love behind and constantly he was always ragging about how that was such a human thing to do. So, he decided it was time for me to grow a pair and become a vampire. My he venom running from my neck to my toes I fell to the ground shaking and twitching screaming for Niall to do something to make it stop. Then I felt this burning on my back I rolled in to the fire they had going burning all the dead vampires," he pauses again.

I try to read his expression I know this must be hard for him.

"Then I blacked out. When I came to the only people there were Niall and Luke. Like had this stupid smirk. He said I would feel strong, but all I felt was weakness and this lust to drink blood this undying craving for blood. I was like on this blood frenzy and my senses were so much better I was in killer mode. After my first kill I hated Luke and Niall for making me this, this monster. Then they thought me how to use my senses and how to do things like healing and using my powers. Luke said I was going to be the strongest vampire because I had two gifts. Weeks past and I excepted that I'm a monster and that I would just do what I was told. Weeks turned to months and months turned to years then Luke crossed the line and left," he says.

"Wow," I state. "You went through hell,"

"Walked straight through hell with a smile," he smirks.

Did he really-

"Did you just quote Hall of Fame by: The script ft. will.I.am?"

"Maybe.."

I roll my eyes which feel heavy and droopy. I'm tired and I want to fall asleep, but I want to hear more about Zayn's past and this Luke guy.

"Go to sleep you're tired,"

I nod and close my eyes falling asleep with the vision of a human younger Zayn being rebellious.

________________________________________________________________________________________________

There is a pounding on me door. I wake up all tangled up with Zayn.

"What?" I groan.

"Are you going to school today?" My fathers voice comes out nervous.

"Obviously it is a weekday." I say. Zayn groans beside me.

I wish things were different between us. I know I should hate him, but every time I try he does something ridiculously sweet and adorable and I can't.

"Well you could play hooky if you want..." The man who I call my Father says. I can't believe he cheated on Mum. "Can I come in?" He asks.

"No!" I'm sitting straight up now looking down at the now awake Zayn.

"What?" My father asks.

"I mean I'm uhm naked-changing I mean I'm changing," I recover Zayn chuckles. I slap my hand over his mouth so my father doesn't hear him.

"Oh well uhm ok I'll leave you to it," My father says. I shake my head exhaling a breath I didn't even realize I was holding.

Suddenly something wet slides up my palm. I jerk back looking at my hand.

"Ew did you really just lick me?" I say in pure disgust wiping my hand down Zayn's shirt.

"Yes, yes I did," he smiles proudly. I roll my eyes while looking down at Zayn.

I sigh comfortably. I really don't want to go to school, but what teenager does? I crawl out of bed grabbing the ugly uniform we are forced to wear. Which is a navy blue plaid skirt and white blouse with a dark navy blazer. Luckily we can wear whatever shoes we want so I wear my black converse. After getting ready I walk out to see Zayn not there, but outside leaning against his truck. In a white button down shirt thin enough to expose his tattoos through the thin material his dark blue blazer is in his truck I suppose. He wears tan slacks and bulky black shoes instead of his boots. His hair is still messy he looks tired. Trotting down the stairs hoping I don't run into my parents I really don't want to talk to them. I make it out if the house with ease. Zayn opens the door for me I hop in the truck as he gets in on the driver side.

God, my legs are freezing I should've put on leggings or something. Noticing my shivering Zayn turns the heat up. Ughh how could such a sweetheart be a dangerous killer? We do small talk all the way to school.

___________________________________________________________________________________________

I stare at my food in front of me moving it around the paper tray with the plastic fork. The word keeps hitting me like a sucker punch right in the gut, divorce. How could my parents look so happy be so damaged? I let out a sad sigh that Zayn must pick up on since he gives me a reassuring smile, but it does no good.

My erm ex-boyfriend is a vampire his best friend is a vampire, my parents are getting a divorce and my brother must hate them now and I haven't spoken to him in a while. Zayn is still picking out my death date, yet we still are staying at each other's houses and I still like him a lot and-

"J? Are you ok?" Harry's deep voice shakes me out of my thoughts.

"Uhm y-yea," my voice quivers.

Zayn immediately puts a hand on my thigh rubbing my thigh (not sexual) in comfort.

"J-"

"My parents, they are getting a uhm divorce," It sounds foreign on my tongue.

"Oh my God really?" Chris asks.

No I'm making it up!

I slowly nod trying to fight the tears. Get a grip Jade you're 18 years old next year you'll be attending uni with all your friends an hopefully all this will be behind me.

"Are you ok?" a voice whispers in my ear.

I look at Zayn and nod slowly.

"J I'm sorry. We are here for you if you need it," Louis says.

I smile toward him, and look to Harry who smiles at me. It has to be the most fake smile I've ever saw. I've been so wrapped up in my self I haven't talked in Harry in forever and he just recently started wearing all these bracelets around his wrists which scares me to be honest. If Harry is cutting again that will be the last straw I'll break. We all sit in silence for a little while Zayn's hand still on my thigh.

Finally lunch ends and the next couple classes fly by. Zayn and I decide we will meet at the truck since I have to drop by biology to grab my biology book. As I'm walking down the hallway away from biology classroom my textbook in hand along with my notes I bump into someone.

"Watch it freak," Emily spits in pure disgust.

"Shut up," I mumble.

"What did you just say? Freak,"

That's it.

"This is childish! All of this. You hating me for no reason, haven't you figured it out I don't care, no one does. This is all so middle school. We are in our senior year of high school next year we will be in college and FYI being a bitch won't get you anywhere. And I bet if you sleep with every guy in the college like you have here you will get a STD. Grow up a little bit would ya? Sometimes guys don't like a girl who's like a 7/11 okay?"

Emily just stands there like I've stabbed her in the chest with a butcher knife. My chest is heaving up and down I don't need her petty drama in my life.

"I-yo-ugh shut up you're the bitch!" She spits storming off. I walk to the parking lot finding Zayn. Climbing in the truck I feel Zayn's intense stare.

I cave and glance up and he's smirking proudly almost and I know he heard me tell off Emily. Now to my house...

"You heard," I state.

"Yeah. You stuck for yourself which is pretty frickin awesome," he chuckles.

I notice he looks a little paler and tired. He needs to feed.

"Uhm Zayn?"

"Hmm,"

"How often do vampires need to feed?"

"Every other day..."

"Today?"

He nods.

"This time my room whenever. Preferably late if I'm going to pass out again," I say looking out the widow just now passing his house.

"Ok,"

As soon as the truck comes to a halt I see my mum's car in the driveway. Not my dads though. I thank Zayn for the ride home slinging my bag over my shoulder. The weather has changed drastically the cold air now makes my cheeks turn a light pink color and my nose could probably freeze off. As soon as I step foot in my house I smell my mums cooking some soup one of my old favorites. I may be mad at her but her soup could warm Jack Frost's heart. Since we are Italian my mum knows all the best recipes and just yum. I take a seat at the island.

"Mum that smells absolutely delicious!" I hum.

"Want some? It's almost done," her tone is soft and sweet something is up she's being gentle around me.

"Mum? Where's dad?"

I can see all the color drain from her face looking almost as pale as Zayn. God why is he always in my head.

"You father and I agreed that he would maybe stay in a motel until the divorce is final it would be best."

My mouth literally drops. There is one man a girl could always count on to protect her and that is her Father. He's suppose to be the protector, now I feel so unprotected I barely realize my mum set a bowl of steaming soup in front of me.

"A motel?" I whisper.

"Yes a motel so it looks to be just us girls now," she says. No this isn't right. He just left. No goodbyes no kisses goodbyes he just packed his things and left.

"No, no no," I whisper more to myself.

"I'm so sorry it's honestly better this way," she smiles a sympathetic one at that.

I want to run up to my room and cry, but I can't. I need to grow up and focus on something besides my family falling apart.

"So, how are holidays going to work? Does Nana know about this?" I ask

"Yes, I told her yesterday night,"

"Oh, I'm sorry for flipping out it was just hard news to hear," I say. I'm lucky to have parents I mean look at Zayn and Niall their parents are gone they don't have their parents....I do.

"It was expected. I mean you're still here Jason is not," she looks down. "I mean after you go off and start your life and go to Oxford..." she trails off.

"We don't even know if I got in yet," I try to comfort her.

"Either way you are going to leave and probably move in with that Malik boy,"

I choke on my soup making me go into a coughing fit. It's no secret my mum isn't the biggest fan of Zayn, but she's already putting us moving in together. Really?

"Well I'm going to grow up and move out one way of another," I say.

Now that I think about it I applied to Oxford a few months ago I should have a letter by now. I already have it planned out I'm going to get a small apartment off campus, because I really don't want to have to room with someone. Like what if I would get someone the is an utter slob? I'm a neat freak so I'll just probably murder the slob. I'm going to Major in arts so basically drawing and photography. Anyway I have it planned out and right now my life being so unorganized makes me insane.

After my Mum and continue to talk about everything that's really pointless right now. I finally go upstairs it's 8:30 pm now so I probably have at least two hours to study for my biology exams tomorrow....I've been studying all week in any free time I have. I quickly change into a tank top and shorts and plop on my bed opening to my biology textbook, and begin the lovely world of biology.

2 hours later

Zayn manages to get through my window without knocking over my books like he did last time. I close my textbook and notes and sit up knowing why he's here and what he wants. I but my lip and look up at him gesturing for him to sit.

"Hey you didn't knock anything over!" I sarcastically cheer.

"Oh hush," he chuckles. "Is your door locked? It would be awful if your dad or mum came in and you were half passed out and I'm drinking your blood,"

I nod walking over to the door locking it I can feel Zayn's eyes on me. Is he staring at my ass again? I turn around and surely enough he was.

"Really?" I mutter. He simply shrugs sitting cris cross motioning me to sit in front of him.

I bite my lip quickly pulling my hair up out if his way and try to relax. My fingers anxiously tap on my calves awaiting the pain I will feel. Zayn then places an opened mouth kiss I pinch my eyes closed as I feel his canines sinking into my neck I stifle a gasp trying to focus on good things. My eyes still screwed shut I imagine things like tagging walls with graffiti with Harry as my get away. Our often water fight during the summer with my gang.

"Mmm" Zayn moans.

Really? Did he moan last time like what the- here comes the lightheadedness griping the bed sheets and going back to my happy memories. Why does this have to be so painful.

"Zayn," I gasp wanting him to stop. Pleading. I feel him pull away, my blinks are getting slower and slower.

"Here, I know you think it's gross, but I promise it taste better," he's holding his wrist inches from my mouth. He bit himself?

I bring his wrist closer to my mouth. His blood runs down my throat burning it, but it's sweet almost and a good kind of burning. Reminds me of the first time me and Harry used his fake ID to get some liquor at some cheap liquor store. Then we got totally wasted at Louis house with our little group of friends then got grounded for a month for drinking under age.

Zayn pulls his wrist away from my mouth I wipe the extra blood around my mouth. I get up and walk to my bathroom looking in the mirror as the puncture wounds are healed. I wipe the blood off my neck and mouth.

"Should I go? Or...."

I'm battling myself. Half of me scream he's dangerous and tell him get out while you are alive. Then the other half of me is screaming for him to stay and that he wouldn't hurt me. Sadly that half is louder than the other half.

"Stay. Please."

"Alright," he kicks his boots off reclining in my bed. I grab my text book and notes. "Really you're going to study while this sexiness just lays in your bed?"

I laugh "Not like you're dying anytime soon."

"This is true, unless a vampire slayer comes through and slays me," he laughs.

"Like Buffy the vampire slayer?" I ask.

"Just like her,"

"So there are vampire slayers,"

"Yea. I have the scars to prove it,"

"On your back...." I whisper more to my self.

"Yea-" he sits up facing his back toward me and pulls his shirt off.

I look at the white marks on his back. Absentmindedly I reach out to touch the scar that goes from his left shoulder straight down his back. My fingers drag down it.

"That one was when I was in a fight with a slayer and she took this blessed staph blade and stabbed me in the shoulder and dragged it down," he explains.

"Looks painfull," I state he nods. My hand moves to a dangle scar going from his right shoulder blade to his middle back.

"That on was from the same slayer she used a little whip with crosses and stuff which burned,"

The other scars are smaller almost like little droplets of water running down his back.

"Holy water," he exhales. "Yeah look didn't warn me about the slayers I didn't know what to do."

"Do you have any on your front?"

He turns around I gasp. I've seen him shirtless before, but never stared at him like I am now.

"It's covered by a tattoo, but uhm

Right here," he points to his microphone tattoo.

"Microphone?" I raise a brow.

"Uhm, my sisters always enjoyed my singing to them to sleep said I should take up a career in it and musics a big part of my life," he shrugs. I absentmindedly trace his tattoo.

"What's your favorite?" I ask. He looks at his arms. Then points to the anima girl.

"Who is it?" I'm so damn curious.

He shrugs. Uh oh a no no zone. He has a lot of those.

"They are all so cool," I mutter.

He nods. I look up at his mouth traced into a smirk. I pull away and sit on my bed.

"Why? Why are you giving me a chance?" I ask.

"Because you are different. You aren't like the other girls that just go along with whatever. You didn't plead for your life you were smart and made a deal to save your family and friends," he states.

"That's it?" I ask.

"I've pretended to date a lot of girls and-" he stops and chuckles to himself. "Your the first victim that I've kissed like that. I haven't kissed anyone since I was a human."

I look at him shocked. He can't be serious. It's not possible. His lips twitch as he looks down at his shirt in his hands folding it placing it on my dresser. Oh God, now he's going to stay shirtless.

"Oh uhm Niall wanted me to ask you what you thought about dating a vampire," he bites his bottom lip. Oh just kill me now.

"Depends who's the vampire?" I challenge. No way in hell is Niall asking this. Zayn wants to know.

"Well, uhm a very handsome vampire who has many secrets lots of tattoos uhm incredibly sexy,witty, talented-"

"Are you talking about yourself?" I raise a brow.

"What?" he gasps pretending to be shocked. "No, of course not! Okay there's a possibility."

I knew it! I fight my smile and the fluttering in my chest. It doesn't help he's shirtless either, because well do I need to even explain he has apps and his muscles are very toned. I lick my lips and stare at him trying to find words.

"So why are asking?" I croak out.

"Because I'm considering breaking one of my own rules," he shrugs.

The fluttering in my chest is like a huge butterfly beating his wings in my chest.

"What rule would that be?" I ask.

"Dating a human," he looks up to me.

"Who's the lucky girl?"

"Well she's beautiful, sexy, smart very very smart, her eyes could pierce my heart, she makes me utterly confused, she's one hell of a kisser, she's braver than she thinks, kind to everyone she meets, confident, talented. Sexy," he smiles down at me finally making eye contact.

I can feel my cheeks heating up and turning a deep shade of red.

"You said sexy twice," I admit.

"Well that's just how sexy she is, listen I'm still completely confused I haven't dated anyone in a long time, and you are the first person I want to see how this goes and where it goes as long as you are willing to test this with me."

I bite my lip, do I want this? Sure I've been saying I wish this could be different and that I miss us being togethe, and the fact he's breaking the rules to be with me, but I'm battling with myself again half says he's to dangerous and the other half is wanting this.

"How do I know? Zayn I've been through hell when I found out you were a vampire how do I know that this isn't some game? Or that you will kill me?"

"I promise I won't kill you. I really want to give this a shot," he says walking toward me.

"If I date you there won't be any vampire, werwolf love triangles."

He laughs and agrees.

"Fine. We'll give this a shot," I agree. Zayn breaks into a shy smile. I feel like this is how he was when he was a human shy. Which makes me smile.

"Do you still hate me though? because if you do that might put a damper on the relationship," he says.

"Yes I still hate you," I smirk crawling under the blankets. "That's why I always beg you to stay the night."

Zayn chuckles crossing the room plopping into bed next to me laying down, still shirtless. I bet my parents never thought they would have to worry about the boys sneaking into my room at night. Well my mum is to distracted with the divorce papers and my dad is just gone.

"My dad left today, he wasn't here when I got home he's at a hotel," I speak quietly my eyes staring at a picture of my father and I.

"I'm sorry. He's a dick for just leaving like that are you ok?"

"No, my father was always gave off this feeling of protecting. There is suppose to be one man a girl can always trust to not hurt her, her father. So what happens when her own father hurts her?"

Zayn opens his arms. "C'mere."

I scoot closer Zayn as he wraps his arms around me.

"It sucks that he left, but I promise I'll protect you with my everything I'll be here protecting you forever," he says pressing a kiss to the top of my head.

I wrap my arms around his torso, shivering from his cold skin. He lets a content sigh escape his lips before reaching up and turning out my lamp even though my ceiling light is still on he looks up at it then it goes out.

"Goodnight, beautiful."

"Night Zayn."

It falls silent the only sound is of Zayn's heavy breathing and soft little snores maybe everything will be ok. Maybe I'll he over this and actually be ok. With that I fall asleep.

I seem to like ending my chapters with them sleeping....so yeah two updates! one for last weekend one for this weekend. So yeah double update. I know everything is really boring right now nuts just wait things will be picking up speed soon. Thank you for all the lovely reads byee ~music lover~

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

361K 3.9K 32
Starting over is never easy. Especially not for Jax Lexington, a 17 year-old girl who has been shipped off to London by her father to live with her a...
2.8M 35.2K 66
Jasmine an 18 year old beauty moves to London for a new start. All her life, guys have tried to use her, so much that believing in love is hard for h...
455 5 24
"Taking care of my six out-of-control little sisters twenty-four seven is not a piece of cake..." Jade Gardner is sixteen and has the weight of the w...
197K 3.1K 34
Jade is 18 and a senior in high school. She has a best friend named Darcy and an amazing boyfriend. They have been dating for a year and she thinks h...