BROKEN SOULS || #Wattys2015

By FrayedDreams

[UNDER MAJOR EDITING♥] "You never know what life has in store for you. Life brings surprises, Some good some... More

BROKEN SOULS- INTRODUCTION
Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Eighteen
Chapter Nineteen
Chapter Twenty
Chapter Twenty One
Chapter Twenty Two
Chapter Twenty Three
Chapter Twenty Four
Chapter Twenty Six
Chapter Twenty Seven
Chapter Twenty Eight
Chapter Twenty Nine
Chapter Thirty
Chapter Thirty One
Chapter Thirty Two
Chapter Thirty Three
Chapter Thirty Four
Chapter Thirty Five
Chapter Thirty Six
Chapter Thirty Seven
Chapter Thirty Eight
Chapter Thirty Nine
Chapter Forty
Chapter Forty One
Chapter Forty Two
Chapter Forty Three
Chapter Forty Four
Chapter Forty Five
Chapter Forty Six
Chapter Forty Seven
Chapter Forty Eight
The FINAL CHAPTER
NOT AN UPDATE BUT PLEASE READ !!
IMPORTANT NOTE

Chapter Twenty Five

194 34 5
By FrayedDreams

Zayn's POV

Sitting on the chair I was rotating the pen with my fingers and my eyes were fixed on my college notes. I've been sitting in the same position for last half an hour trying to study a bit but all in vain. My mind was wandering around, shifting my focus to various other things. I closed my eyes took a deep breath and tried to keep my mind focused. After few moments I put my pen down and searched through the shelf to find another book to study. Beneath all the books something with a black coloured cover stood out. I thought for a while and then took it out.

It was a small diary with black leather covering that my mom gifted me on my 10th birthday. I remembered how happy I was to get that. I jumped around my room with that diary. Its funny that when you're small how little things could make you happy and when you grow up you get so much involved in other stuffs that you forget about things that once made you smile.

I pushed away all the books and papers from my table and made enough space for my diary. I settled on my chair and flipped through the pages and saw the songs that I've written. Some of them were complete and some were still waiting on me to complete them. I've been writing these since I was 10. My every emotion was jotted down in this small diary in the form of songs. I smiled as I read the songs that I've written, songs about my family, about my school, my friends, Julia, Songs that I wrote when I got sad or happy and when I fell in love. I checked the last song I wrote, It was dated back to september 2013. It's been quite a long time that I've wrote anything. I took out my pen and started writing.

For the next couple of hours I got so much involved in the thing that I've always love to do. I haven't yet finished my song when my cell phone vibrated in my pocket making me jump from my chair. It showed a text from Emily.

Emily -Hii Are you awake?

An instant smile played on my lips and my fingers automatically typed the reply.

Zayn - Hi !! yes I'm awake :)

Emily- Then open up your window and let me in.

What the...? I rushed toward my balcony and saw her down leaning against the tree. I opened up the window and called her "Hurry up Get in. Its cold outside."

She climbed up the tree like an expetienced climber and jumped inside my room. Her face was lit up by the lights of my room. Her eyes looked tired and red. She was wearing a long t-shirt and sweatpants and shivering with cold. She kept hugging herself tightly and rubbing her arms. I touched her hand and realised they were ice cold.

"God damnit Emily. You're so cold."

I quickly looked in my wardrobe, taking out my sweater and handed it to her.

"Wear this. You'll feel better. " She didn't speak anything just nodded her head and took sweater from my hand. I amusingly watched her as she slip into my sweater. She was so quiet since the moment she entered the room she haven't uttered a single word. Her silence spoke out to me that something was wrong.

"Are you okay?" I asked.

"huh? Yeah I'm fine." She smiled. Her smile was not the same genuine and innocent smile it was more like a forced fake smile.

"Do Avery and Ryan know that you're here?" she didn't care to reply. Instead She looked around my room until her eyes got fixed on my diary. Before I could hide it She picked it up and flipped the pages. Her eyes grow wide as she carefully read some of the pages.

"You write songs? I never knew." She said while her eyes were still stuck on my diary.

"Yea sometimes. Now you answer me. Do they know you're here? " As much as I want her to be here with me I also didn't want her to be in any trouble.

"You write pretty well. They are really good.Do you even sing?" she ignored my question and kept looking at my diary. I went toward her and snatched my diary from her hands.

"Answer me first." I looked sternly at her. She sighed but didn't speak anything. She slowly sat on bed laying her back against the plush pillows stretching out her legs. I shook my head trying my already failed attempts to understand her actions. I went and lay on the bed. The awkward silence surrounded us as we stared at the ceiling.

"So you didn't tell them. Isn't it?", I asked

"Hmm.." She replied her gaze fixed on the ceiling.

"Do you want me to tell them that you're here?"

"No. " a light sob escaped her lips.

I turned myself to face her, "Is everything alright Em."

"I'm fine. I just, I don't know..I don't want to stay there for tonight." Saying this she cupped her face in her hands. Her light sobs turned into louder ones. I didn't know what to do I wasn't good in comforting people but I couldn't watch her cry.

"Hey come here." I pulled her onto me. She rested her head on my chest as my arms snaked around her. She sobbed against my chest and my hands found their way to her back making small circles to calm her. Her small body moved more closer. The sound of her light sobs that escaped from her lips filled the entire room . We laid in that way for a long time until she calmed down. A peaceful silence was spread around us.

"Zayn?", She said breaking the silence.

"Mm-Hmm"

"I'm scared." Saying this she tightened her grip onto the shirt I was wearing.  I was honestly not surprised by her words. I've always sensed it in her eyes since the day I first saw her. She always seems to be running away from something that she never want to share.

"Don't be. I'm here for you." I said. I wanted to assure her that I'll always keep her safe no matter what comes before us. If she ever feel scared I want to be the one to hug her tight until all her fears vanish. But I cannot say her all the things I wanted to say atleast not right now when our relationship is still on a shaky ground… I felt like she was in my arms but she was somewhere far away from me. I don't know what she's scared of but I want to free her from all her fears. There is something hidden deep in her heart that she don't want to share.

She lifted her head from my chest looking up straight into my eyes. Her eyes full of questions and tension, "Do you trust me Zayn?", she ask.

I didn't take a moment to reply, " Yes I trust you Em."

"Good." and her head gets back to the same position on my chest. After few minutes she again speak but didnot lift her head.

"Do you have a family Zayn?"

"Yeah. Why?", I was surprised by her sudden change of topic.

"Just curious."

"Okay. My family lives in bradford.Mom, Dad and my three lovely sisters." I smiled as I mentioned about my family. All the sweet memories of my time spent with family rushed into my mind filling it with warmth and love. Its been long that I've visited them or even talked to them. I miss them..miss them alot.

"Mmm.. you have a big family." She said.

"What about you? I mean your parents or any sibling?" I felt her body tense when I asked her about her family. For a moment she kept quiet and then spoke.

"I only have my mom. No one else. My dad died when I was 6 years. "

"Oh I'm so sorry Emily.", I immediately regretted asking about her family.

"Its okay Zayn. It hardly matters to me anymore. I don't even remember much about him." she looked up at me and gave a weak smile.

"Okay then tell me about your mom. I want to know if she's as much pretty as you're or even more." Her expressions suddenly changed. Her face turned pale.

"I don't wanna talk about anything right now." The tone of her voice was cold like I've pulled a string of her heart that has never been touched before. Her eyes were blazing,  I couldn't figure out with what maybe anger or fear. A part of me want to ask her about everything right now but another part of me was afraid that I might lose her if I questioned about anything now. I felt like whatever she's hiding could either bring us more close or will throw us apart forever. The latter part scared me. I've started liking her and I don't want to lose her. I'm done with losing everyone I love. I can't let anyone leave me now. I don't want my life to be screwed up again. For a moment…Just for a moment I want to be happy, I want to smile and I want to hold onto Emily.

I was lost in thoughts when I felt Emily's warm breaths tickling my chest.  She was fast asleep with her body molded to mine. Her hand relaxed on my stomach. With her every breath hitting my body my heart raced causing a surge of warmth rush through my bloodstream.

I closed my mouth near her ears and whispered, "I like you Emily. I like you a lot. I promise that I'll always keep you safe and will never let you go." Even if she was asleep and wouldn't have listened to my words I felt at peace. I found myself smiling after I silently promised her. Wrapping my arms around her I willingly welcomed sleep.

A/N- Hello there Everyone I'm back with an update I hope you'll like it. I'm sorry if I took long to write this part but I was lil busy and I got sick again :( Anyways do let me know how you feel about this part. Do you like it or not? If yes then hit the vote and comment. I'll love to read yout views.

AND AND AND.… Did you guys watched WWA movie this weekend? I did and I absolutely loved it. Its been amazing I loved every bit of it. I smiled, laughed, sang, danced and even cried. I can't describe in words How I felt. I love you boys.. they're the best thing that ever happened in my life. I love 1D to the moon and back. ♥

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2.3K 451 55
{Completed} "Life can be ironic sometimes. I searched the whole world for my princess but she was right next door." He said completely catching me of...
2.1K 219 39
i am that broken lonely girl, who had enough with her life because of a day, but there he is changing me completely. (COMPLETED) ALL RIGHTS RESEVED.
517 3 20
"I was just a Fling." The words leave my mouth merely as a whisper as I slide down the wall, crying hardly. All the tears I held in for years, break...
2.4M 24.1K 101
*Insert your name in the _____ spaces* You and Zayn Malik have been bestfriends since forever. You haven't seen him ever since he left to audition fo...