Metanoia || Taekook

By Perfect_Memory

"You're pretty cute you know." "Right....cute but crazy." ~ In which Jeon Jungkook, a rebellious and misunder... More

Metanoia
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44

Chapter 38

3.8K 328 77
By Perfect_Memory

Jungkook walked inside the all too familiar therapy room, Taehyung already waiting for him with the biggest smile ever on his face. Yesterday had been terrible but at the same time it had taken some stress out of Taehyung that had been there the whole time. Something the blonde had needed to fully relax and to not worry about anything at the moment. Jungkook on the other hand had added an extra level of stress to his almost fully healthy mindset. The raven haired boy was constantly on the lookout for stress signs he could spot on Taehyung, making sure an episode like yesterday didn't happen again.

With a small forced smile the youngest of the two made his way over towards the blonde, sitting down next to him while Taehyung immediately grabbed Jungkook's hand in his own. "Relax, I'm okay."

Jungkook turned his head a little towards the blonde, his eyes shortly focussed on the pretty brown eyes of Taehyung who sparkled a little due to the small ray of sunshine that fell on them. A soft sigh left the ravenette's mouth while he gave Taehyung a short nod to convince him he would try to relax a little, but deep down inside he already knew that was a lost job. Taehyung had crawled his way inside his head and he couldn't let go anymore, not after yesterday.

A soft cough sounded through the room, demanding the attention of everyone present. "Good to see you all back, your task for today is written on the blackboard behind me. Feel free to go wherever you find suitable." Jin's voice sounded through the room while everyone's eyes focussed on the board behind him.

This time Jin really had given them full freedom, you could go wherever you liked and take as much time as you needed as long as one of the staff knew where you were. The only thing you needed to do was write a small poem about your current or past feelings. Nothing too big and pretty simple in comparison to some of the other tasks Jin had given them these last few weeks.

"Do you wanna go outside again for this one?" The blonde's voice came from Jungkook's right. The younger of course instantly agreed and not much later the both of them were walking towards the small bench next to the lake across from the hospital. Where Taehyung almost had a skip in his step, Jungkook's walk was much more stiff and forced. The ravenette just didn't know how to loosen up and let go of what happened yesterday. Shit had gone down the drain and everybody acted like nothing had happened at all. Taehyung kept acting like he was on cloud nine, Jin didn't even address the whole situation and Jackson wasn't even present this session. He couldn't be the only one who was still worried, right?

Before Jungkook even knew it the both of them had reached the bench and not much later Taehyung had given them both a pen and paper. "Any idea what you wanna write?"

Jungkook's eyes briefly looked at Taehyung who already had his pen pressed against his paper. "Not really to be honest."

The blonde shortly looked up at Jungkook, instantly seeing the conflicted feelings behind Jungkook's eyes. "If you want to talk about yesterday you can Kook, I know it's bothering you."

The ravenette's eyes looked back up at Taehyung, a soft sigh instantly leaving his mouth. "I just don't understand why you all act like nothing happened, I've never seen someone go that bad and it just scared me I guess. I don't want you to feel like that Tae." Jungkook looked back down at his still empty paper, not really knowing what else to say. How else would you tell someone you are scared for them because of what they did to themselves?

It didn't take long before the youngest of the two felt how one of Taehyung's hands closed itself around Jungkook's free one. "I get that you're scared for me Kook and that you wanna help me as much as possible but going on and being there for me is everything I need right now. As fucked up as it sounds we are used to my episodes and that's why we act like nothing happened. I do talk about them with Jin when you aren't there and I get that it's scary to see. Hell I would be scared too if something like that happened to you but please talk to me about it. Let me guide you as much as you wanna guide me."

A small tear left Jungkook's eye, dripping down on the paper in front of him. Taehyung softly wrapped his hand a little more on Jungkook's own while he dropped his own pen and pushed Jungkook's head up with his now free hand. "It's okay, I'm okay, we're okay. We're gonna guide each other, okay?"

Jungkook's eyes almost instantly crossed with Taehyung's, seeing some sort of raw emotions behind them that he instantly knew the blonde meant what he said. He knew Taehyung would guide him when he needed it and he would do the exact same thing for the blonde.

With an almost invisible smile the ravenette gave Taehyung a short nod and not much later the both of them were back at work with their poems. Where the blonde had already written down multiple lines Jungkook was still crossing out his own. Doing art was his thing but art with words surely wasn't his thing at all. He had no idea where to start or how to write down the things he was feeling or had once felt. How do you describe an emotion in words, you can't describe a feeling when you don't even know what exactly you are feeling. You can't.......-

"I'm done!" Taehyung's voice suddenly sounded between them. "Wanna hear it?"

Jungkook's eyes shortly darted from his own crossed out paper to Taehyung's almost flawless one, yeah he was fucked for this task. "Sure, let me hear your masterpiece." A small smile fell over the ravenette's face, some of the stress from earlier having left his body.

With a small cough Taehyung started to read, no warning given ahead to the ravenette who had no idea what was coming his way.

Stop complaining and whining
A little injury is all you've had
Stop makin' such a big fuss
Don't make it look that bad
Stop being such a sissy
Tough it out and be brave
I know, with all this drama
Attention is what you really crave

And yet, here I am
Not giving in to my little scheme
After all, because of you my love
You made me see I gotta be on my own team

Jungkook's eyes instantly widened and tears started to fall from his own eyes. Was that really how Taehyung thought about himself? Was that really how the blonde's mind worked, or rather was that how it still worked? He couldn't be that negative about himself, right? He couldn't..........wait hold on. Jungkook's eyes widened even more than they had already done. "My love?" Taehyung had said my love, hadn't he? Did that mean....of course it didn't, he never mentioned that the poem was about Jungkook. He never......and yes he was freaking out right fucking now, great timing Kook.

"So, what do you think?" Taehyung suddenly asked, throwing Jungkook even more off guard.

"I...I...." Jungkook started not daring to look Taehyung's way.

To be honest he had no idea how he felt about the poem, sure it was beautiful but it was haunting at the same time. It was beautiful how Taehyung had managed to get his feelings that well on paper but to know that those were really the blonde's feelings was frightening at the same time. Sure Jungkook knew that Taehyung had gone through a lot of shit but he never understood that it had been this bad inside the blonde's mind.

As if the blonde was able to read Jungkook's mind he started to speak again. "It's okay Kook, that's not how I think about myself anymore. I'm getting better and part of it is because of you. You make me see things I wasn't able to see myself Kook, you truly are helping me and I can't thank you enough for it."

A soft silence fell between the two before Taehyung whispered the next part.  "You are the person I talk about in the last part. The words my love might be a little soon but it fits in the most. You are so much more than a friend to me Kook and I hope you feel the same about me."

Jungkook's eyes immediately darted back towards Taehyung, panic flashing through them in every way possible. This was so not him, The Jungkook he knew didn't do relationships, he wasn't vulnerable, he didn't tie himself to one person, he fucked people and left without caring, he.......he wasn't that person anymore. He had given up that person a few weeks ago. He hadn't fucked anyone in a while now, he did care, he cared a shit load if he was honest, he was vulnerable and he did wanna tie himself to Taehyung. The only problem was he didn't know how.

"I...I'm not good at relationships Tae, I've never done this before. My past with people is terrible, I don't know how to do this." Jungkook whispered, an uncertain tone lacing his voice.

Taehyung's hand found Jungkook's again, tugging softly at it to get the younger's attention. Whispering the next part as soon as Jungkook's eyes crossed his own. "I think you're doing a damn good job." The most beautiful smile ever plastered on the blonde's face.

Jungkook didn't know what happened the next moment but something in Taehyung made him doubt himself a little less and within an instant he had his lips almost pressed against Taehyung's. "Can I kiss you?"

Jungkook never got his answer but the lips that were pressed against his own the next moment told him enough.

____

A/N

The poem written in this chapter partly comes from pinterest and is rewritten by me to fit the story. All credits go to the original owner.

Question of the chapter:
Do you like poems?

Please show some love for the story by:
* Voting
* Commenting

Follow my account if you want to keep updated about the story.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

72.5K 3.9K 13
Namjoon knew Taehyung was odd, but.. (Top V)
1.3M 89.1K 64
"Can't you be nice?" "Are you trying to make me laugh Kim?" ~ In which Taehyung, a new and hardworking lawyer, gets the case of his lifetime but pret...
417K 28.7K 54
"I can't do this." "I'm on your list, right?" ~ In which Kim Taehyung, an introvert and quiet singer, enters a singing competition where he meets the...
5.3K 288 24
A story where one couldn't help but have a crush on the school's trouble maker