Endgame ⚜ Sweet but Psycho

By Not_natural

"Hope, this is where things get a little crazy.." The title is inspired by Sweet but Psycho by Ava Max (obvio... More

0. Prologue
Section One
Section One Playlist
1. there's a saying
2. humanity and forgiveness
3. baby steps
4. in another life
5. dear elena
6. she has all of our toys
7. close your eyes and sing
8. things will get better...
9. ...but we have to fight for it
10. i just want you to come back
11. i don't run, sister. i disappear.
12. i won't let you be alone
13. your ex is a raging witch bitch
14. one
15. two
16. three
17. the bloody crown
Section Two
Section Two Playlist
18. come a little closer
19. the interns
20. save yourself
22. moments are all we have
23. detoured on some random backwoods path to hell
24. even the devil gets lonely
25. you told me how proud you were
26. i could kill you right now
27. mommy dearest
28. the simple intimacy of the near touch
29. nostalgia's a bitch
30. you made a choice to be good
31. do you remember what happened
32. dear elena, ii
33. ...face the devil tomorrow
34. we're planning a june wedding
35. i was feeling epic
Section Three
Section Three Playlist
36. an unwanted reunion
37. bones
38. keepers of the house
39. day of crying
40. bag of cobras
41. high water and a devil's daughter
42. voodoo in my blood
43. everything i wanted
44. miñè sho kè
45. a spirit here that won't be broken
A/N (new story)
46. the cold and bitter truth
47. they're missing
48. last goodbye
49. light a fire
50. impossible
51. i broke
52. what, will, i, have, left
53. cloud
A/N
54. c'est la vie
Q & A
55. lost without you - i
56. lost without you - ii
57. this is me trying

21. they made me run from a wolf

212 4 1
By Not_natural

December 16, 2017

Mystic Falls, Virginia

The Salvatore Boarding Home

"Stefan, if Damon wants me dead, then I'm dead." Bonnie spoke into the phone to the vampire.

Poppy stood against the wall, a glass of blood in her hand. She wore a knitted sweater, red leather pants, and black flats. Her curly hair was in a ponytail, and her makeup was simple. 

"Why is he coming after you? It makes no sense."

Caroline wasn't too happy. "None of it makes sense. But we're gonna need weapons, lots of them." She sighed. "The throne is empty."

Poppy brought the glass to her lips and took a drink. Stefan had been moving things around so that Caroline's kids could live there every now and then. Stefan and Caroline were getting married, which Poppy was more than happy about.

"Right. Yeah, sorry, I was child-proofing, but the crossbows are still in the library. Listen, I'm gonna try to track Damon and, with any luck, the drone will lead us back to the queen."

"And when will you find her?" Poppy asked.

"Ric's still working on that part. Your deadline just got moved up. You don't have days. You have hours."

Poppy sighed, turning and leaving the room. She walked to the foyer and straight for the bar table, opening a bottle of bourbon and pouring it into the blood. She then placed the glass lid back on and set it down. She closed her eyes and brought it to her lips again, swallowing most of its contents.

"It looks like you're having a tough time. Trouble in paradise?." A woman spoke, and Poppy immediately turned around, face to face with someone she hadn't seen before, and she was merely inches away. 

December 6, 2017 

Mystic Falls, Virginia 

The Salvatore Boarding Home

Ten Days Before

"Mommy! Mommy!" The front doors of the Boarding Home swung open, revealing the one and only Marcellus Gerard and two little kids, Archie and Melody. 

Poppy turned around, standing in the foyer with Caroline, and a large smile formed on her face. She was overjoyed, her heart swelling, and she knelt down holding her arms open wide. Melody was first to reach her mother's arms, and then Archie. The mother hugged them tightly, tears pricking her blue eyes before she closed them. She opened them after a long moment and began pecking kisses all over their faces. 

"Oh, I missed you two so much!" She exclaimed happily, still peppering with tiny kisses. 

Melody scrunched her nose and leaned her head back. "Mommmyyy no more kisses!" 

Poppy laughed a bit and released them from her embrace. "All right, you two. Go find Grandpa Stefan and give him a big hug. This house is huge so don't get lost!" Melody giggled in reply and took Archie's hand, and the two of the ran away from the foyer. 

Marcel was next in the short waiting line of hugs. He was patient, but it was wearing thin. He missed his sister more than anyone else, and he doesn't travel with two kids for just anyone. He smiled when Poppy stood up, and he held his arms open. 

Poppy smiled and hugged him tightly. 

"Hey, Little M." Marcel smiled, placing a kiss on the top of her head. The two separated from the hug, and the brother looked around. "Where's Silas?" 

Her smile almost immediately fell from her face, and after a quick glance at Caroline, she looked back at her brother. "Silas and I got into a fight last night..he's at the Grill drinking. He has been all morning." 

Marcel frowned. 

December 7, 2017 

Mystic Falls, Virginia 

The Salvatore Boarding Home 

1 AM - Nine Days Before

Poppy woke up when she heard the door open. The foyer was dim and warm, due to the fire in the fireplace. She sat up tiredly, the thin blanket she was wearing falling down to her lap. She looked down at her phone to check the time. 

"Oh, Silas...1:34 in the morning?" She asked. "You were seriously out that long?" Poppy pushed the blanket off of her completely and stood up. 

Silas unzipped his coat and hung it up. "Don't act so surprised." 

"Si.." Poppy frowned in concern and walked out of the foyer. "Are you okay?" She inquired in a soft tone, approaching him quietly. She brushed her fingertips against his arm before turning on the light. 

"Leave me alone." Silas grumbling turning away from her and kicking off his shoes. 

Poppy frowned. "Silas, we had one fight. That's all...every married couple goes through it." 

Silas turned to look at her, revealing a bruise on his cheekbone and forehead. His wife let out a gasp in surprise, her expression turning to worry. "What do you want me to say, Poppy? That we're going to be okay? We aren't." 

"What happened to you?" She asked quietly, ignoring his last statement. 

"Your enemies jumped me. This just proves my argument from the other day." He began to walk past her, but then stopped and turned around. "It was a mistake coming back here, and it was a mistake letting the kids come. I'm weaker when I'm with you, Poppy, can't you see that?!" He pointed to his forehead. 

Poppy began to pick at her fingernails of both hands, which were at her sides. "I can bring up some body guards from New Orleans. Witches, to protect you and the kids." 

"You don't own them! They're not yours to boss around, and just in case you don't know this, you're not actually royalty. You think that because you can control people, and compel humans, that you're superior. Don't get me wrong, you can be a good quote-unquote Queen but it doesn't change the fact that the crown is not yours because it doesn't exist. You're not a queen, you're not an alpha, you're just a Mikaelson." 

His wife took a step back, unsure of where all of the anger and hatred had come from. Maybe he was right, though. Maybe there was no crown, but everyone needed a leader, someone to keep them controlled, and that happened to be her. But the last part? Being a Mikaelson? He said it with some hatred, and Poppy wasn't sure why. She didn't understand what she had done to deserve such hatred directed towards her from her own husband. 

Taking a breath, she quickly composed herself, putting on a face of stone. "Of course I'm a Mikaelson. I'm loyal to my family and I will do what it takes to protect my family. But I am also a Salvatore. I care about other people, I don't think myself to be superior. Where are you getting all of this from?" 

Silas rolled his eyes. "I'm just finally listening to what people have been saying." 

"What people?"

"The people who are trying to kill you." Her husband stated. "And if you actually cared about people you'd listen to what they have to say." 

"Seriously?" Poppy raised her eyebrows. "Silas, they are trying to wipe New Orleans clean of the supernatural. Werewolves are almost extinct, our vampires are good, and the witches are full of elderly and good people and children! Are you seriously going to stand by them with all of that?" She asked, hoping he would come to his senses. She stared at him  in disbelief as he averted his eyes and began to think, and she let out a huff. "Our kids are witches...you'd seriously let those vampires kill our kids?" Her voice was quiet for that question, and she was now scared of what his answer would be. 

After a few long moments Silas looked back at her. "No, of course not." 

"Good." Poppy let out a trembling sigh. "Good..." Rubbing her arm real quick, she began to walk. "Talk to me when you're sober." She told him, lowering her hand to her side and walking past him, but he grabbed her arm and spun her around. Her blood ran cold when she saw the look in his eyes. It was dangerous, full of hate and anger and something else that Poppy didn't recognize.

"Did you seriously think I'd let our kids die?" He growled, tightening his grip on her one arm.

She winced. "Silas, this isn't you.."

He furrowed his eyebrows. "Not me?" He grabbed her another arm, his grip tight. "Then who am I?" He changed his form to look like an older man, her grandfather. "Am I Mikael?" He changed once again, ignoring the fear that he had caused his wife to feel. "How about Lucien?" 

Poppy took small breaths, unable to move her feet because of his magic. She was confused, scared, and upset. Why was he doing this to her? They've had arguments before, but not to this extent. They both knew what lines not to cross. 

Silas changed his form once again. "Julian?" 

"Silas, stop it." Poppy breathed out, her heart beginning to race. "Stop, you're crossing the line."

Silas/Julian narrowed his eyes. "Lighten up, you know I won't hurt you. I'm just showing you all of the people I'm not..." He changed once again, and Poppy continued to move her wrists and hands, hoping to be freed. "Esther? No I'm definitely not her. Maybe I'm her sister Dahlia." 

Poppy's eyes widened as he changed once more into someone she only saw in her nightmares. The appearance, the voice, it made her bones feel cold. It scared her more than anything else. She began to breathe quickly, and she started to feel dizzy. Tears soaked her rosy cheeks. "Silas, stop!" She exclaimed, her voice shaky and filled with fear. 

"Enough!" A voice yelled, and the married couple were suddenly and roughly separated by strong hands. 

Poppy gladly stepped back into the wall behind her, unable to breathe correctly. Her breaths were heavy and uncontrollable, quick and sharp. Tears continued to pour from her eyes, which she quickly wiped away with the sides of her hands. Silas returned to his normal self. 

In between the two stood Marcel, who had his hands held out on both sides so neither of them could suddenly attack. 

"Enough." Marcel repeated. He looked at Poppy, then at Silas, narrowing his eyes. 

"What the hell is going on here?" A new voice asked, and Stefan appeared a few feet away, followed by Caroline. 

Poppy continued to struggle to breathe. "He-he's-" she couldn't continue, unable to breathe. 

"I saw and heard enough of what happened." Marcel told Stefan. "Silas here decided he was going to be everyone that Poppy fears the most. Julian, Dahlia, Mikael. All because of some stupid drunken argument." 

Stefan looked at his daughter, who closed her eyes and leaned her head back against the wall as she tried to breathe correctly, and frowned. "Put him in the cellar until he sobers up. He's dangerous." He stated. 

Marcel looked at him, then at the witch. With super speed, the upgraded original vampire slammed Silas's head into the wall, knocking him out. He disappeared with the unconscious body. 

Poppy slid down to the floor, her eyes open again. She brought her hands to her bent knees, her chest convulsing as she struggled to breathe. She felt so light headed, and she could feel her heart in her throat as it beat swiftly. What? Why? How could he...how could he do that to her? 

"Poppy," Stefan sped to her side and knelt down. "Poppy, baby, you need to calm down." He took her hands gently into his, rubbing his thumbs back and forth. 

The terrified wife looked at her adoptive father with teary eyes, her breathing still violent. "I'm-trying-" she cried quietly between breaths. 

And for that night, Stefan stayed with his daughter, holding her, rocking her, soothing her. She calmed down completely after an hour. It took her an hour after that to sleep.

December 8, 2017

Mystic Falls, Virginia 

The Salvatore Boarding Home

Eight Days Before 

Poppy stood in the kitchen of her favorite childhood home, putting whip cream on top of two cut up pancakes, which were decorated and made with blueberries. She placed two small green forks on the plates and walked to the table past the fireplace. 

"All right, two blueberry pancakes for my two little munchkins." The mother smiled, setting the pancakes down in front of her kids, who both sat in booster seats. 

Melody smiled widely. "Thanks, mommy!" 

"You're welcome, love." Poppy placed a kiss on her head and looked at Archie, who began to eat the little pieces. She let out a faint sigh. He hadn't said a word to anyone since they arrived to Mystic Falls. Maybe he didn't like it there, the change of scenery must've been tough on him. She turned around when she heard someone walk into the room, and she tried her best to hide her scowl. 

Her husband walked straight to the coffee pot, which was on the counter near the stove. He grabbed a mug from the cabinet and began pouring, and when he was finished he turned around, walking to the island. He looked exhausted. His hair was a mess, his eyes were tired, and he didn't bother to get changed out of his sweatpants and t-shirt, unlike Poppy, who wore makeup, leather pants, a red top, and a red leather jacket. She topped it all off with black heels. 

Silas looked up at her. "Morning." 

"Morning," his wife replied, looking back down at her kids. She wondered if he remembered last night, or if he was too drunk. How could he not know, though? He was locked up in the cellar all night after being knocked out. By the looks of it, Marcel had healed him of his wounds. Melody looked up at her mother and smiled, taking her from her thoughts, and the mother smiled in return. The little girl continued to eat. 

Silas frowned the slightest bit at the tension. "You look stunning, are you going somewhere?" He inquired, taking a drink of his coffee. 

Poppy looked back up at him. "Um, actually yeah. I am thinking of going into town today. Just me and the kids. I thought I'd show them around." 

"Can I come?" 

Poppy bit her lip and looked down at the kids. "Why don't you two go get ready? I already picked out your clothes, they're on your beds." 

Melody looked at her mom, her dad, then her brother. "Come on, Archie, let's go get ready." She took her little brother by the hand and together they left the room. 

"I don't think it'd be wise for the two of us to be around each other right now.." Poppy spoke after a few quiet seconds, placing her hands on the back of a chair, standing behind it. She chewed on the inside of her lip, planning on keeping her distance from her husband for a while. 

Silas frowned. "Why? We only got into an argument. I'm over it now." He set down his coffee. "Are you...not over it?"

His wife rolled her eyes. "It was more than just an argument, but I guess you were too drunk to realize what you were doing." She narrowed her eyes a bit and leaned forward. "If the last time taught me anything, it's that I'm better than my circumstances. So," she stood to her full height "to save myself from another devastating downfall, I made a spell. You can't touch me without burning yourself, and I can't touch you without burning myself. Simple solutions can solve huge problems." Poppy took a step back from the chair and lowered her arms to her sides before walking around the table. "Call these future times me taking a page out of Klaus Mikaelson's book." She began to leave the room, but there was an invisible force keeping her in. Internally she groaned, and externally she turned around to glare at her husband. 

"I think I'll call these 'future times' dramatic until I know what exactly happened last night." Silas said, standing up from his leaning position. He was confused, but stood to his full height, ready to defend himself. 

Poppy raised her hand to him and clenched it into a fist, closing her eyes. Magically, she sent him her memories of what he did to her, and when he watched them all the way through he rubbed his head. Poppy lowered her hand and opened her eyes before actually leaving the room this time. 

For the rest of the day I took my kids to town. We had lunch at the Mystic Grill, which is where I alone returned to when the sun set and the stars came out. And though I could save myself from Silas, I couldn't save myself from...well, myself. I am my biggest enemy.

Mystic Falls, Virginia 

The Mystic Grill 

The live band that night was playing a cover of "Jailhouse Rock" by Elvis Presley when Poppy sat down at the bar. The grill was alive with chatter and music, laughter from games of pool and darts and story telling. Poppy, however, was not laughing or in a chatty mood. 

"What can I get for you tonight, hun?" The cute brunette bartender asked, walking to stand in front of the customer. 

Poppy leaned forward and looked into the bartender's eyes. "You're going to give me three bottles of bourbon, no questions asked."

I spent most of the night walking home after drinking two of the bottles. I almost passed out a few times, and I think I did once, but maybe I didn't. In my drunken state, I had forgotten that my enemies came into town in search of blood. They waited and waited until I made myself vulnerable. 

Mystic Falls, Virginia 

The Streets

The scenery around her was trees, forest, and the long long road home. In her hand was an almost empty bottle of bourbon, and in her other hand were her heels. Her bare feet padded against the cold ground, and she tilted her head back, the remainder of the alcohol slipping down her throat. She then looked ahead at the road, dropping the glass and continuing to walk. The road seemed to rock and distort herself, so she walked accordingly. Her hair became draped in front of her rosy cheeks, and she held her arms out for balance. The next thing she new, a small group of werewolves stood in front of her, including Dmitrius. 

She smirked and stopped walking, moving her hair from her face. "I'm flattered, really, but you really need to stop following me, Dmitrius."

Dmitrius took a step forward then vamped behind her, holding her against him by holding her arms tightly so she didn't escape. Poppy swallowed, closing her eyes momentarily. How could she be so stupid to forget? So reckless? Now she was in huge trouble, and it may not be something she can get out of easily, especially drunk, though she was becoming sober by the second. No, there was nothing she could do now, in the arms of her enemy. He has witches and vampires with him. 

"Queen Poppy Mikaelson, you will now be punished by the order of our leader...."

"Poppy! Oh my god, Poppy!" 

She was in and out. She was choking on her own blood. The ground beneath her back, her head, and her legs was cold and damp with blood. 

"Look at me, honey, look at me."

There it was again. The panicked voice. She forced her eyes to open, but only part of the way. She felt hands on her cheeks. 

"This is all my fault, I'm so sorry, I'm so so sorry..." 

Poppy looked up at the stars. Blood was all she could taste. It filled her throat and her mouth. She let out a cough, choking once more, and the warm liquid fell down her cheek. Across her neck was a deep gash and across her abdomen were three. Her hand laid on one of the gashes in attempt to stop the bleeding, covered in blood. She closed her eyes. 

"No no no, open your eyes." 

She tried, but she couldn't. "I-" she took a painful breath, coughing a bit after "-c-can't-". Her eyelids were too heavy, and she didn't have enough will power. She felt her hand being moved onto the ground, and her back was lifted slightly off of the ground. From her throat escaped a blood filled whimper of pain, and she was lowered to the ground. A shirt had been tied around her abdomen to try to stop the bleeding, and a hand covered the gash on her neck. 

"I'm going to heal you, you're going to be okay..."

Then she began to drift out again, the warm liquid filling her mouth once more. Her body began to feel numb of pain and warm in a comforting way, like a heated up towel after a cold shower. Then she was turned into her side, and the blood poured from her mouth and onto the ground. She coughed and coughed, blood dripping to the road. Tiredly, her coughing died down, and she pushed herself to sit up. Her body felt almost completely numb, starting from her abdomen. She began to open her eyes. 

"I can't feel anything.." She voiced quietly, leaning her head to the side. Not feeling her arm, which was holding her upright, it became limp and she fell, but luckily she was caught and lifted into the air bridal style. 

"I know, let's get you home.." 

And she drifted again. 

December 9, 2017

Mystic Falls, Virginia 

The Salvatore Boarding Home 

Seven Days Before

Voices was the first thing she heard when she came to, and the faint laughter of children. Everything was dark, or maybe her eyes were closed, she couldn't tell. Her lips were dry and her throat was dry and sore. She wiggled her fingers the best she could, and then someone grabbed it gently. 

"Hey, Little M, I knew you'd come around.." Marcellus sounded. 

"Is she awake?" Caroline asked from farther away. 

"Yeah, I think so."

"Good. Stefan is driving me crazy."

Marcel let out a soft chuckle. "He's just worried, Caroline."

Poppy opened her eyes, looking up at the ceiling. She was in her room in bed, wearing sweatpants and a tank top. Slowly she pulled her hand out of her brother's and pushed herself to sit up, with his help. Her face looked a bit grouchy and tired, and her hair was in a messy bun. 

"You had us all worried, momma." Marcel said gently, adjusting the pillows so that they were behind her head and back. He reached over to the night stand and grabbed a bottle of water. 

Poppy took it when he handed it to her and began to drink, soothing her sore throat. She then drank blood from a glass she was given. 

"Do you remember what happened?"

His little sister though for a few moments and shook her head, furrowing her eyebrows. "No, it's all a blur." 

December 14, 2017

Mystic Falls, Virginia

The Streets 

Two Days Before

"Poppy, wait up." Silas breathed out, his sneakers hitting the ground as he jogged down the street. In front of him, running faster, was his wife, her hair swishing back and forth in its ponytail. "Poppy, honey, please!" 

Poppy slowed down and leaned her head back, coming to a complete stop before he could, and he plowed right into her, making them both fall to the ground, Silas on top of Poppy. She groaned and pushed him off, turning to sit with her legs in front of her. 

"Sorry," Silas grumbled, sitting across from her. 

Poppy rolled her eyes. "It's fine."

"Can we talk?" Her husband asked. "Please?"

She scowled. The last thing she wanted to do was talk about emotions, especially with him. She didn't even want him on the jog, he simply tagged along. "No, I have work soon, Ric is going to pick me up." 

"Aka you're going to the bar? You're on paid vacation after what happened, I already spoke to Alaric so there's no point in lying." Silas stated, and he let out a sigh. "Are you still mad at me?"

Poppy glanced up at him from her feet, shooting him a glare, then looked back at her shoes. 

"Right.." He frowned. "Honey, look at me." She did, her stare almost empty of emotion. "Listen, what I did was an awful horrible terrible thing, and I am so so so sorry. I hurt you, and I scared you, and I said things I should have never said because I was drunk and upset, and I know that's not an excuse. I regret it, it was the worst thing I have ever done." He took a breath. "The other night, when I found you..I was so scared that I would lose you. I love you so much, and I just want things to be better between us."

Poppy frowned and looked down at her lap. He had made her feel so awful about herself. "You don't have to apologize, you had every right to be upset with me." She pushed herself up off of the ground and brushed the dirt off of the back of her leggings. 

"No," Silas stood up and took her hands. "I didn't." 

His wife looked him in the eyes, her heart aching when she saw the guilt and the pain. He was sincere, something she hadn't seen in Julian or Mikael. However, it was something she saw in the eyes of Klaus Mikaelson, Elijah Mikaelson, Freya, Kol, and Rebekah. They were always sincere. A familiar pit formed in her stomach again, and her vision blurred with tears. 

"How?" She asked, her voice shaking. "I'm such an awful person...I almost killed my own family..." Silas rubbed her arms and pulled her into a comforting hug, rubbing her back as she cried her guilt out once more. 

December 16, 2017

Mystic Falls, Virginia

The Salvatore Boarding Home

"Damn, you two are fixing things already. I'm Sybil." The woman gave her a smile, which grew when Poppy didn't seem happy with that information. "I'm going to make this better for you, well...me."

The glass slipped from her hand when the Siren grabbed her head with her hands, immediately feeling head splitting pain. She closed her eyes, unable to do anything.

Sybil smirked, continuing to hold Poppy's head in her hands, altering every memory the tribrid had of her closest friends and family. She had been working on the process since they had first met instead of eating her. Poppy was far too valuable and strong to be eaten. Maybe she'd make a good replacement so she no longer had to slave for the big boss..that's what the Siren had in mind. She continued to alter the memories, and when she was done she lowered her hands. 

Poppy furrowed her eyebrows, her head no longer aching. This new Poppy had a tough life. Her family and friends didn't like or love her, they hurt her. The eighty years in the box were agonizing, her body felt like it was on fire. The only people who loved her were Tyler Lockwood and Zach Salvatore. Sybil was being generous and smart, Poppy wouldn't be useful if she was depressed. She'd be better without emotion, and Sybil had the perfect plan. 

"Sleep, and when you wake up...kill Tyler Lockwood, your best friend."

Mystic Falls, Virginia 

The Streets 

In the street in the night was a body, laying on their back. A predator, hunting its prey with a classic trick, luring them in, using their hearts. The prey, Tyler Lockwood, stopped driving after seeing the body, and he left the car. 

"Are you all right? Damon?" The man asked. He was no fool to vampire tricks. 

Damon stood to his feet and looked at Tyler. "Lockwood." He greeted. 

Tyler approached the vampire. "Heard you haven't been yourself lately."

"No thanks to Sybil the bitch siren." Poppy spoke, emerging from the shadows, the heels of her red heels clicking against the ground. She walked kind of funny, like she didn't want to, but was being forced to. 

Tyler looked at her in surprise. "Pops, are you feeling okay? What're you doing here?"

"I'm fighting every cell in my body, Tyler." She told him. 

Damon looked at her, then at Tyler. "Nice hardware. Armory standard issue?"

The Lockwood swallowed, feeling uneasy. He knew why they were there. "You kill me, Damon, you can say good-bye to everything. No one forgives you for this."

"I think we're way past that." The vampire folded his arms over his chest. "Nah, you don't need to worry about me. I'm just here to make sure Poppy does what she needs to do." 

Poppy clenched her jaw, tears forming in her eyes. There's no way she'd be able to kill Tyler, her best friend, her kid's uncle and godfather. There'd be no more late night calls, fun nights out, or a shoulder to cry on. It'd be over. "Ty.." She whispered. "I trying so hard to fight it, but it hurts so much.." 

Tyler frowned. "You two have another option. Walk away. Fight whatever it is she wants you to do and get your lives back. Walk away, Poppy, Damon. Think about what you want at the end of it all. Think about who you want." 

"That's the problem. I don't want any of it anymore." Damon said. 

"That's a lie." Lockwood shook his head. 

The vampire furrowed his eyebrows. "Is it? I wouldn't even know."

Poppy rubbed her head, taking a few steps back before turning around. "I can't.."

"Because you're weak." Damon told her. "Sybil shouldn't have chosen you. I'll do it." 

Tyler continued to look at the vampire. "Okay, then. Do it. If this is it, if this is the way I go out, then let me go out as the face that you can never erase from your brain. The face that reminds you, to the end of time, of the moment you gave up. The moment you threw away everything you've ever wanted... to be a siren's little bitch. Or maybe this'll be the thing that wakes you up. And then maybe both our lives will be worth something at the end of it all. So, go ahead. Do it. Tear me apart." 

Damon watched him, fighting his internal battle. See Elena again, and feel her love, or kill Tyler Lockwood. He was leaning to the latter. 

"Do it!" The Lockwood shouted. "Damon?"

The vampire bared his fangs, and lunged, but he was suddenly throw back. Taking his place was Poppy, who had her hands on Tyler's shoulder with a tight grip. Her face was full of fear and sadness. "Tyler! I don't want to do this!" She exclaimed, and he placed his hands on her waist. 

"Poppy-"

"I can't fight it for much longer, Ty, I can't. It hurts." She took a deep breath and swallowed. With a shaking hand, she reached into his pocket and grabbed his phone. "What's your password?" She asked. 

Tyler furrowed his eyebrows in confusion. "What?"

"Your phone password!"

"9-6-12!" 

Poppy quickly typed it in and tapped on the messages app. She tapped on Stefan and sent him a quick message. 

                                    I've been compromised. Plan Red needs to be in full effect. -P

"Okay." She sniffled and stuck the phone back in his pocket. She avoided eye contact with her best friend and instead looked at his chest. She placed her hand on it. "I can make this painless..."

"Poppy, please don't do this. If you kill me it's for real this time." Tyler pleaded, holding her hand. "You can fight, you're strong."

Poppy shook her head. "I can't...Sybil has been in my head for months and months..." She looked up into his eyes. "You are my best friend, and I want my face to be the last one you see.." She began to compel him, tears falling down her cheeks. "You're going to be calm, and you won't feel pain. Think about all of the fun times in your life, know that you're going to find Peace." 

"I'm going to be calm," Tyler repeated "I won't feel any pain. Instead, I'm going to think about all the times, and I'm going to find Peace."

Poppy sniffled. "Good, good. I love you, Lockwood." Thrusting her hand into his chest, she ripped out his heart, holding it as his body fell to the ground. She looked at it, at her bloody hand and her best friend's bloody heart. 

She closed her eyes, a tear falling down her cheek before opening them. This time they were empty of emotion, and she simply dropped the heart to the ground. 

Poppy took one quick look at a surprised Damon, then turned and walked away. 

"What happened to you?"

"They made me run from a wolf. A hybrid. But it caught up."

"Who's they?"

"The Moon Saviors. I know who the leader is."

"Well don't leave me hanging, who is it?"

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

886K 20.8K 143
- ❝𝐚 𝐰𝐞𝐫𝐞𝐰𝐨𝐥𝐟 𝐰𝐢𝐭𝐡 𝐧𝐨 𝐡𝐮𝐦𝐚𝐧𝐢𝐭𝐲, 𝐡𝐨𝐰 𝐮𝐭𝐭𝐞𝐫𝐥𝐲 𝐩𝐞𝐫𝐩𝐥𝐞𝐱𝐢𝐧𝐠❞ ✨🐺 ❝𝐋𝐨𝐯𝐞 𝐦𝐚𝐤𝐞𝐬 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐰𝐞𝐚𝐤. 𝐁𝐮𝐭...
10.5K 262 23
"I want to hold the hand inside you."
51.5K 1.4K 15
《So it's going to be kinda like the movie but also different it will still have the concept but I am making it my own. They will still be supernatura...
186K 4K 26
UNDER HEAVY REVISION "Ah, what a lovely little bit of chaos this is." ~ The Vampire Diaries N. Mikaelson