Do you? (Kuroo X reader)(Suga...

By sh0uy0u

You love him, he's been by your side for years...but the void that starts to grow between you can not be avoi... More

Chapter one: No.
Chapter two: Something great.
Chapter three: Glitter in the dust.
Chapter four: Hidden.
Chapter five: The surface of you.
Chapter six: Steel armour.
Chapter seven: Paper cuts.
Chapter eight: Neon lights.
Chapter nine: Watercolour.
Chapter ten: Close.
Chapter eleven: Scarred.
Chapter twelve: Fog.
Chapter thirteen: Blinded.
Chapter fourteen: Run.
Chapter fifteen: Used.
Chapter sixteen: Home.
Chapter Seventeen: Always.
Chapter eighteen: Til' the last hour.
Chapter nineteen: Oblivious.
Chapter twenty: She.
Chapter twenty one: Full circle.
Chapter twenty two: Bitter Sweet.
Chapter twenty three: Victim.
Chapter twenty four: Split.
Chapter twenty five: Too much.
Chapter twenty six: Wrong.
Chapter twenty seven: Distant.
Chapter twenty eight: Him.
Chapter twenty nine: Promise.
Chapter thirty: To hold.
Chapter thirty one: What about us?
Chapter thirty two: Other halve.
Chapter thirty four: Old friend.
Chapter thirty five: Without you.
Chapter thirty six: Favour.
Chapter thirty seven: Together.
Chapter thirty eight: Old flame.
Chapter thirty nine: The one.
Chapter forty: Official ( pt 1.)
Chapter forty one: Official (pt 2.)
Chapter forty two: 息子さん.
Chapter forty three: Almost perfect.
Chapter forty four: Rivals reunited.
Chapter forty five: Forever.
Chapter forty six: Change.
Chapter forty seven: What matters.
Chapter forty eight: The wall.
Chapter forty nine: Triangle.
Chapter fifty: Selfish.
Chapter fifty one: Complications.
Chapter fifty two: The two of us.
Chapter fifty three: The catch.
Chapter fifty four: Why?
hello!

Chapter thirty three: Lucky.

170 8 12
By sh0uy0u

3 months later:

The day was a bright one, echoing in vivid radiance into the residence. Each ornament and structure brought to life by the imminent haze. He waltzed through the hall, the confidence his home brought him elevating his demeanour. He loved owning his own place, it reminded him faintly of his father, how he held everything together so well, how he held them all together.

He remembered to day they'd moved in, how Sato had beamed at him, being much younger then, her bright hazel eyes taking it all in - really he'd done it for her , the girl who held him together. They'd been so content where they were, how far they'd come together that when she quickly fell pregnant it only served them further joy.

He stopped in his tracks, his attention steadying on the figure that sat gently on the sofa. He'd grown so much, his once messy tufts of pearly hair now sat in wavy curls that framed his delicately curving face, his jaw prominent against his fair features. He had his mother's thick eyelashes and delicate hazel eyes but he had Rins grin and deep rooted ambition. He frowned bitterly at his firm shoulders and strong arms, that once were gangly and small...the sharpness of him only proving that he was a man- not a boy.

'"We should name him Koushi," he half whispered gazing down at the blushed baby that wriggled in his arms.

"Why Koushi?," she laughed lightly, her tired eyes falling on her husband. She had messy hair, a worn out face, laying there in her hospital gown but Sato was beautiful- that was always certain.

"The name means 'to love', 'to support' and I guess I just want them things for him," he looked over at her, she was pouting her lips.

"You're so corny."

"Shut up!," he blushed, his fingertips reaching to stroke against the infants cheek as his expression mellowed, brushing against the beauty mark that sat softly under his sons left eye.

"Okay big guy," she reached, wrapping her delicate fingers around his arm,"Koushi it is."

"Koushi," he breathed.

His son turned, his wide hazel orbs landing on his father. Rin could see the expression of distaste that crossed over his face, the way his body seemed to tense at the sight of him, his lips forming a hard line.

'"So it's like this yeah dad?," he moved his legs in a peddling motion, his chubby cheeks squished due to the strap of his helmet.

Rins eyes were wide as he held the bike still, watching as his son positioned himself instantly on the seat having thrown a tantrum about his stabilisers - claiming they weren't 'cool,' "y-yeah, please be careful Kou-."

He grinned over his shoulder, his silver curls falling a little in his face, he reached to push it aside though Rin knew very well that they'd only get in the way again, he reached tucking it under his helmet, Suga closed his eyes as he did so before beaming at him.

"Can I go now?," he pleaded, making 'vroom','vroom' motions with his hand on the handle.

"YES!," Sato grabbed Rins arm, giving her son a cheesy smile, ripping Rins grasp off of the bike.

He felt his heart leap into his throat as he watched the seven year old began to peddle, his bright green sneakers moving up and down as he headed away from them on the pavement and a little down the street.

"Oh my god-," she gasped, reaching her hands up to her cheeks and squishing them, "he's actually doing it, he's actually-."

"Do you think I should go after him- I think I should go after him- I mean-."

"YAAAAY KOUSHI!!," she jumped, grinning like a Cheshire Cat, her eyes sparkling with pride as her floral summer dress waved around her.

The boy turned to gaze over his shoulder, a sweet smile painting his lips at the sight of his mother - the way she cheered for him.

Rin went still,"sh*t, sh*t, SH******T!"

The bike slammed into the lamppost, the boy lurched forward, knocking his head against the wood, he fell to the road as the bike lay limp.

Rin went running, instantly sprinting towards the scene. He reached his arms out for the boy, gripping him by the sides of his stomach and turning him to face him.

"KOUSHI ARE YOU OKAY!? IM HERE OKAY? YOU ALRIGHT BUDDY?!," his chest was hammering as he examined the child, biting his lip at the grazes that sparked on his little knees.

"Sh*t, sh*t, sh*t," he grumbled reaching to wrap his arms around his dads neck, sniffling innocently.

"Hey watch it y-."

Rin shot a glare at Sato, whispering in response,"he doesn't know what it means."

He moved, unclasping the helmet and ruffling his hair, before hugging the tiny one to his chest.'

"Dad," he cleared his throat, watching as his father moved swiftly, placing his coffee mug on the table before continuing to sit opposite him.

"I-I think we need to talk," Rin gave him an empathetic look,"and I know-."

"We've tried plenty of times but somehow it always ends up going to sh*t?," he raised an eyebrow, the distaste in his expression strengthening.

"Y-yeah," Rin nodded, looking down at his slippers before glancing back up at Suga,"but maybe I wasn't saying the right things back then."

His son didn't answer, keeping his eyes on him - after all he had nothing to say, he'd never done anything to his dad that he needed to apologise for and he didn't expect this conversation to amount to anything - the distance that had grown between them making him certain that no matter what he said, it really wouldn't make a difference.

Rin took a deep breath, leaning his elbows on his knees, his dark eyes linking into his sons hazel ones,"look I know I haven't been the best dad-."

"Well-."

"No," he shook his head,"let me finish - I've missed a lot of years with you where I could've taught you things, shared victories with you... and even though you were at arms length, I didn't bother and that's not good enough - I made myself distant because I didn't agree with what you wanted, because I tried to force my ambitions onto you when that's not what you needed. You needed someone to listen, for someone to cheer you on regardless of how different or how little educated on the matter they were -," he huffed a smile,"just like your mom, she's so proud of you Kou, she'd work herself up before every one of your matches, cheer until her throat hurt and come home over the moon no matter the outcome, because that's how much you made her feel," his shoulders fell slightly limp,"a-and I wanted to be apart of that, but when you started taking it seriously - I guess that's when I got scared, I wanted you to make the right decisions, you were going to high school soon, I thought that if you didn't have a definite plan then you'd be too far gone and I wouldn't be able to come and save you from whatever mess you could get in-."

"Exactly!," Suga flinched,"you were selfish! You -."

"I was wrong."

He went still, his eyes wide on his dad. He'd never said that before, usually he'd start telling Suga how inconsiderate and how 'selfish' 'he' was being. He didn't move, not sure of what to say, feeling slight relief when the man with greying hair persisted.

"I watched you start to resent me, and I guess you had your every right - I'd told you that a factor that majorly helped sculpt the person you are today was pointless when really I was one being reckless. I lost your trust, I hated not having you with me, having to watch you grow from a distance - even though we lived within the same four walls- and I guess that was worse," he reached and scratched at the back of his neck,"you know your mom used to take videos of your games after I f**ked up? She'd show them to me afterwards - you're really talented Koushi."

"T-thank you," he looked away shyly, intertwining his fingers, fixating his eyes on the dining room table, sitting there silently.

"And I mean, you graduated, you've got your own apartment, you're in college now. You're so smart, so determined and handsome-."

"Uh da-."

"I'm proud of you buddy," he let his face ease calmly, the fondness in his throat almost choking him,"and I want to start being apart of your life again and I promise I'll try my best - if you'll have me."

He neared the door, his little feet soft against the carpet, clutching the small stuffed toy to his chest. And though the giant wooden slab towered above him, he managed to push the crack wider, clutching on with both his hands.

He slid in through the gap, his eyes looking up at the bed. He'd been told to watch a movie, told to leave him rest but whilst his mom wasn't looking he'd quickly climbed up the stairs and rushed into the hall.

He went on his tippy toes, trying to catch a glimpse of the one who lay there but alas - he was too short. He steps quietly towards the bed, throwing the stuffed toy up before gripping the sheets with his little fingers. He pulled, reaching up his foot to push himself upwards, he succeeded before slipping slightly, letting out a small gasp before desperately scrambling up.

The body that lay there twitched, their head turning towards the boy, their eyes tired. They reached, rubbing at their face before adjusting their vision,"Koushi you shouldn't be up-."

"Daddy!," he bounced forward, landing a little on top of his father, quivering when he winced in response letting out a short outlet of air. He moved back, retracting his arms in, mortified by the result he'd created.

Rin looked over at him quickly, his back ached immensely - having injured himself in a race, but despite the pain, he was more concerned about the bewildered expression strewn upon his sons face.

He reached out an arm, gently wrapping his fingers around his sons wrist,"Hey it's okay, look daddy's okay."

Suga was brought forward, his head gently landing on Rins chest, he let his hand fall on his chest too, nuzzling his face into him,"why's daddy all the way up here on his own?"

Rin smiled, stroking his three year olds hair,"because daddy got hurt."

"But that's not fair!," Koushi pouted,"I don't want you to be lonely."

His heart melted, as he bent slightly to kiss his sons fresh smelling head,"I know, I know - I'm glad you came up to join me buddy."

Suga reached, shoving the chibi crow shaped stuffed toy in his fathers face,"Tim's here too!"

"Oh," Rin chuckled,"I can see that."

Rin reached out his hand, the anticipation ripping at his chest. His eyes settled on his sons taken-a back expression.

And that's when he finally felt at ease, as Suga reached forward, his strong hand linking in with his fathers as he shook it.

"Of course."

*

You huffed, giving daggers at the 'WE BAKE FOR YOUR SAKE' employee. You'd been desperate for food, and right at this instant you really, really, really wanted cake. You were five months in now and your patience with people was wearing thin.

"What do you mean I can't have that one!," you pointed at the chocolate and caramel cookie pie, scrunching your face up in rage.

"For the last time ma'am," they sighed, rolling their eyes,"you're not an honorary member, which means you can't have any of our special offers."

"So what you're saying is that I'm not honourable?," you spat, placing your hands on your hips, expecting that it would be intimidating - but really you were standing there in a maternity dress, your hair up in a crappy bun with your stomach sticking out...not the most terrifying sight.

"I never said that-."

"Then why can't I have the pie?!," you spat, placing your hands firmly on the counter, making the people behind you groan, you'd been at it for at least twenty minutes and the woman behind you seriously felt like hitting you across the head with one of the nearby chairs.

"You just can't!," 'Mark' replied, slamming his hands down on the counter,"Now I'm gonna have to ask you to leave-."

"JUST PLEASE GIVE ME THE F**KING PIE?! I'LL PAY EXTRA I SWEAR!," you pleaded, feeling your stomach rumble in annoyance.

"ITS POLI-."

"Just give her the pie dude."

You turned, gazing up at the tall figure that had placed himself next to you, gulping at the shock of their appearance. Brown waves swirled around their head, their jaw held firmly as a sly smile laced his lips, his brown orbs blazing.

"O-Oikawa," 'Mark' stuttered,"which was it again - Wha-What one did you want?"

Oikawa turned to you, his gaze teasing,"What one was it that you wanted ma'am?"

"Uh," you stared,"I-it was the caramel one?"

He turned back to Mark,"the caramel one."

He nodded rushing to grab the grippers and instantly searching for the pie.

-

You were sat there, shoving the pie down your throat, it's crumbs marking your lips and falling onto your lap. You were sat on one of the places tables, hunched over, Oikawa slung opposite you, lazed on the chair, his arm hung around the back of it.

"Geez ma'am, slow down," he teased, grinning at you.

You closed your eyes, pausing for a moment before wiping at your mouth with the back of your arm,"okay stop pulling the that sh*t," you glared at him,"you know who I am."

"Ohhhhh!," he leaned forward,"you're (l/n)! No way! Sup babes! Who knocked you up?!"

You arched your eyebrows at him, a lot of things had changed lately but it seems that Oikawa hadn't even changed since middle school - he was still the same old quick witted gentleman he was back then.

"You are so full of sh*t," you shook your head, much to his amusement.

"No but seriously," his sharp brown eyes taking you in,"I feel like I haven't spoken to you in years."

You gulped, feeling the guilt bubble up in your chest. After the last year of middle school, when Oikawa and Suga had gotten into that god awful fight, you hadn't talked to him - nor seen him. You used to kick it as a four, you, Suga, Oikawa and Iwa... but since Suga wanted nothing to do with them, you foolishly were strung along. There'd been moments when you'd watched them play against each other, the rage and passion put into them games - but they'd still not spoken, the whole team fooled that Suga had nothing to do with them...when really that wasn't the case at all.

"I-I know," you hugged at your arms,"h-how have you been?"

He seemed shocked that you'd bothered to ask, his back straightening at the notion,"The same I guess? I'm taking an online course so I can take some time for myself you know? Mostly I've been going around watching games and trying to practise at my hardest."

"So you're not enrolled in a team?," you frowned, the subject feeling so alien - volleyball meant a hell of a lot to Oikawa - from what you knew anyways, from what he'd told you all that time ago, the idea that he wasn't in a team feeling a little...solemn?

"I-it's not that bad," he held up his hands in protest," I've been travelling a lot, I've gotten to see how other countries do it - ya know? I've met a lot of people, it's been really fulfilling."

You smiled, picking at the pie slightly,"I'm glad you're good, how's Iwa?"

He smiled fondly at the name, his demeanour easing,"we talk only sometimes, I guess he's okay, he's got a new team now and everything- he's really making a name for himself."

You nodded, looking out at the street, the city was clustered with people today, rushing around in the clear air, the suns light bouncing off of the many windows that lined the tall buildings.

"So what about you, (l/n)? You're expecting?"

You turned abruptly, looking at him in slight discomfort,"Uh I mean I'm managing, a-and yeah five months in actually-."

"How's Suga?," he looked away from you, his jaw setting slightly,"he's the dad right?"

You almost choked,"N-No! I haven't spoken to Suga in months a-and the dad's not in the picture!"

He turned quickly, his eyes full of shocked concern,"w-wait So you're doing this alone?"

You went still suddenly, the image of Kuroo in your mind, his soft smile, his gentle ways... it wasn't his fault. You balled your fist lightly,"I-I guess? But it's fine, I get he-."

"That's not fair!," he frowned, his emotions shot - remembering his sister expecting Takeru, how she'd felt so scared and alone but she'd had someone to support her - as much as he left a bitter taste in Oikawas mouth. The fondness he had for Takeru also fueling his anger,"you should have someone with you always."

You smiled warmly at him, it was impossible not to like Oikawa - he was just so different from everyone else, so sure of himself and what he wanted that he blended in everywhere, his extreme empathic capabilities making it entirely simple for him to make friends,"thank you Oikawa but I'm doing okay on my own."

He frowned, biting at his lip suddenly, his eyes tracing your pretty face, the way your skin flowed and your lips lay soft in their wake, he couldn't help himself - he felt like he needed to...for his own sake,"(l/n) what are you doing tonight?"

"N-Nothing," you breathed,"why?"

He smirked at you, his eyes sparkling with excitement.

*

He could move now, his body had mostly healed, though he was scarred to the point that he turned to long sleeved jumpers and hoodies on the daily. Everyone had been so supportive, though his mom had literally cried so much while he was recovering, sometimes from guilt, from happiness and sometimes from both. He'd hated seeing her like that, hated seeing her worry.

Kenma had scolded him for being so stupid, though had continued to visit his house every day without fail since he'd been allowed home, bringing him up to date on the team and what was going down in school, serving as an effective distraction. He hadn't told them though, he kept everything in, he felt that if he let it all out then he'd only end up making a mess of things again, seeing how much strain he'd put everyone under already, he couldn't bring himself to inflict anymore onto them.

He was laying there, struggling to sleep, tossing and turning in his sheets, the fabric brushing against his bare skin, ruffling his hair. It had been like this all week, ever since Yumi had mentioned you- sending him in a spiral of despair.

He missed you so much that he felt sick, he needed to hold you so bad that his whole body ached, the memory of you tormenting him come sunrise til' day break.

He still couldn't wrap his head around it all, he didn't understand why he still felt the same... surely he should be over you by now right? I mean he'd had enough time away from you, but each day had just intensified his yearning- your name ringing in his head at midnight, making him go insane.

Bokuto had claimed that you didn't want anything to do with him, that you felt that things would be better if you both kept your distance... but that hadn't helped, only increased his curiosity, your words still beating the air out of his lungs...he swore- he swore that was you...

'"Kuroo wake up! I need you-"'

'"p-please I can't do this without you, I-I'm so scared I-."'

'"p-please?-"'

He let out an emphasised sigh, rolling over onto his chest, letting his face bury itself into the pillow as you engulfed him...gripping him away and taking him with you as the colours his eyes withheld shifted - whispering of moments with you...

'The sheets were hot and almost unbearable as he gazed at you, your (h/c) hair stuck gently to your forehead, looping around you as you panted, trying to regain your composure.

He watched as your bare chest raised and fell in sync with his. The beauty marks on your shoulders blazing against your skin, feeling his adoration.

Your eyes snapped open, staring right back into his beautiful gold flecked orbs, sweat covered his tanned skin lightly, his hair a mess from where you'd sunk your hands into it. You couldn't help but blush at his bare chest, his defined stomach - despite your escapades that had finished just seconds before.

You reached out, stroking your fingertips against his subtle freckles, a tired smile spreading across your lips. Kuroo was irresistible, everything about him seemed heavenly to you, even the way he'd buried his head in the crook of your neck, whispering your name over and over again, the way his hands had slid over your body, the way his eyes had taken you in, the look of adoration leaking from him.

You just couldn't understand how he could love you so, how he could be so ultimately transfixed on you - no matter what you did. How he took everything you felt insecure about and clarified them as beautiful, making you feel completely at ease - no matter how exposed or vulnerable you felt.

Because he was yours as much as you were his.

He shook slightly as your thumb brushed across his bottom lip, the sensation causing a shudder to overtake him. He reached out pulling your naked body towards his, you obliged, pressing your lips against his forehead, his cheekbone, his nose, his jaw and chest until you met his mouth with yours.

You stayed like that for a while, your lips chasing at one another, your tongues linking in all the glory you'd felt just moments before. You lifted your leg, wrapping it around his waist as you leaned against your arm that lay on his chest.

There was no one else, nothing better, nothing that could possibly compare to Kuro Tetsurō.

Your lips parted as you whispered, your heart so full that it could burst,"I love you."

He felt his lips move on their own, curving into a wholesome smirk, his cheeks burning at the notion. He'd never felt anything like this before - it was scary and yet so ultimately fulfilling at the same time...to have someone for once - who wouldn't leave when it suited them.

"I love you too," his husky voice sounded, still tired from your previous actions, his hand reaching to run through your hair as he gave you a sweet peck on your lips.

"Oh sh*t!," he halted, making your eyes grow wide with concern.

"Tetsu-."

"Now I have to take another f**king shower!"

You laughed rolling away from him, as his gaze followed you. He loved that he could make you laugh, that he could make you feel the things you claimed - he wanted you to be happy and seeing your smile... well... it made him feel complete.

"You know," he wiggles his eyebrows,"you could...join me."

"Uh Huh," you nodded,"you're not gonna get that lucky Tetsu!"

He smirked at you as you threw one of his stray shirts over you, covering your immaculate frame.

"I'm already lucky."

⭐️I worked really hard on this chapter so I hope you guys like it :) x⭐️

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

11.9K 1K 33
[Book One] |×| Ineffable: unutterable, inexpressible |×| "Know your enemy. Win the war. Bring back victory." Kuroo and Kenma. Two best friends who we...
2.8K 83 30
What happens when a girl who loves volleyball joins a boys' volleyball club? Does she find love? Will she relive her past or move forward? Join (L/N)...
284K 8K 24
(Y/N) is a second year at Fukurodani High school, and on their girls volleyball team. She's very good at what she does, she can play almost every pos...
884 62 20
"In reality, the stars are so distant from each other but when you see them from Earth, they are present in the same sky- so close to one another." Y...