Lover or Not / Hyunjin - Stra...

By aigooagain

Book Two - Sequal Friend or Not More

One - Leading misfortune
Two
Three
Four
Five
Six - Don't go
Seven
Eight
Nine
Ten
Eleven
Twelve - Letting go
Fourteen
Fifteen - the types of boyrfriends
Sixteen - ultimate stalkers ( Boys version )
Seventeen ( Hospital )
Eighteen
Nineteen
Twenty
Twenty One
Twenty Two - Run Run Run!
Twenty Three - Chase Chase Chase!
Twenty Four
Twenty Five
Twenty Six
Twenty Seven - Such a long long night.
Twenty eight - Run Run Run! II
Twenty Nine
Thirty
Thirty One
Thirty Two
Thirty Three
Thirty Four
Thirty Five
Thirty Six
Thirty Seven - A Bad Idea.
Thirty eight
Thirty Nine - What happened to the Hyuns?
Forty
Forty One - A Fleeting Happiness
Forty Two
Forty Three - For real?
Forty Four - Worse yet not the worst
Forty Five
Forty Six
Forty Seven
Forty Eight
Fourty Nine - Get Together Day
Fifty - Roll the Dice
Fifty One - Closer to an Ending
Fifty Two
Okay end this really

Thirteen

229 6 40
By aigooagain

Exhibition hall,

People came and go from the booth and Hyun Jin was stuck there again. That was the fate of the good speaker.

"Someone! Can you please switch with me?" Hyun Jin asked casually to the air.

"Let's flip." Hyuna said, being considerate of her teammate.

"Aniya, it is fine." Even though they broke up in some way, Hyun Jin still treat her like he would always do.

"Aigoo, let's flip. You can go around the other booths and I will wait here. You don't have to be so nice to me anymore. I will get a wrong idea." Hyuna said, wanted to joke about but realised that it was actually such a lame punchline.

"Really? I will tell Ji Yeon, Nayong or Chaeyoung to accompany you then." Hyun Jin said, walking away.

Hyuna watched his back as he walked away and becoming smaller and smaller from her view. Sob hit her but she held it in. She needed to do so. Nobody actually knew about them breaking up yet.

____

Yongsan High booth,

Hyun Jin stopped by the booth and spotted Soobin alone. He went closer and started a conversation with that guy.

"Hyun Jin!" Soobin smiled as he saw Hyun Jin walking to him.

"Annyeong! Where are the rest?" Hyun Jin asked.

"What else? They are abandoning me alone and make me do all the talk." Soobin sat back onto the chair and placed his head on the table.

"I knew that feeling." Hyun Jin agreed.
"Geundae, where is Yeonjun?"

Yes, he actually wanted to meet Yeonjun.

"Yeonjun? He was looking for you. That guy probably stop by your booth." Soobin replied.

"Ouh really?" Hyun Jin nodded his head and excused himself.

He knew that Yeonjun must have been uncomfortable with the problem. Hyun Jin just didn't want to get him involved in his relationship problem. After all, he was only Hyuna's childhood friend. The fact that they knew each other, Hyun Jin thought that it wasn't the best to keep the bad blood relationship between them.

____

Saekang High booth,

Yeonjun was really there. He was asking Hyuna about Hyun Jin whereabouts and Hyun Jin came into his view right at the moment.

"Hyun Jin aa, let's grab something to eat." Yeonjun said.

"Kaja, I am dying out of hunger too." Hyun Jin agreed.
"Anyway, Hyuna. Do you want anything to eat?"

"Nope!" Hyuna replied.

She thought twice about it since Hyun Jin wasn't her boyfriend anymore so it would be rude to ask him buy foods for her whenever she wants too.

"Are you sure? If you change your mind, text me." Hyun Jin said and left with Yeonjun.

____

Beans & Co.

The two boys were sitting opposite of each other. They knew what they wanted to talk about but they kept quiet for a while.

"Hyun Jin aa, I am really,"

"Sorry?"
"So you know." Hyun Jin joked and Yeonjun actually laughed.

"You are hilarious. Nothing actually happened between you and Hyuna right?" Yeonjun asked, hoping that they were just doing fine.

"We broke up." Hyun Jin bluntly said and Yeonjun choked on his coffee.

"I am seriously! Sorry! Was it because of what happened back then?!" Yeonjun felt guilty for them.

"Aniya, it is not because of that."
"I know that was an accident."
"Thank you for looking after Hyuna when I wasn't there." Hyun Jin sincerely said.

"Hyun Jin aa, what exactly happened? We weren't really that close but I hope you both are doing fine. You guys have such a hard time to be together. How can you broke up like that?" Yeonjun complained.
"I am partially the reason and I know that. Therefore, I am so sorry."

"Aniya, forget that. Things are just meant to happen this way. Yeonjun aa, should we just get along with each other well? After all, we are both Hyuna's friends." Hyun Jin suggested.

"How can you be so cool with me? I thought you would like to kill me and so on." Yeonjun was impressed with Hyun Jin attitude.

"Of course, I wanted to kill you." Hyun Jin admitted but both of the boys laughed.

"You are hilarious but people like you is really my style of friend. Are we cool now?" Yeonjun asked.

"Of course, let's hang out some times." Hyun Jin said.

"Ring ring ring." Someone's phone was ringing.

"Heol, it is Soobin again." Yeonjun picked up the call.

On the phone call,

"Yah! Where are you?!" Soobin yelled as soon as Yeonjun picked up his call.

"Wae?!" Yeonjun yelled back.

"Come back here faster! Kai and Beomgyu got into a fight and they are getting really annoying." Soobin said.

"Them again?!" Yeonjun was giving up with his little brothers.

End of phone call.

"Yah Hyun Jin! Let's go back." Yeonjun got up from the chair and Hyun Jin copied his action.

"Kaja." He said.

____

Saekang High booth,

Hyuna was waiting alone in the booth until some else joined her. It was somehow awkward to see that person.

"Hyuna, can you give me my backpack under the table?" Ji Yeon asked.

"Here," she took it and gave it to Ji Yeon.
"Ji Yeon aa."

"Hrmm wae?" Ji Yeon was taking out something from her backpack.
"Want one?" She offered a banana milk.

"Really?!" Hyuna hyped up.

"Of course. I have many more under the table. Drink it if you want too." Ji Yeon said.

She forced her way to be inside the booth and shared a chair with Hyuna.

"Yah Hyuna. Yesterday, just forget it." Ji Yeon said, taking a sip of the banana milk.

"How can I? That was you favourite."

"But you are also my favourite." Ji Yeon dabbed and Hyuna hugged her.

"AW! My bish!" They were back to normal.

It was easy to make up because they weren't even fighting to begin with. Of course, that perfume meant a lot to Ji Yeon but so did Hyuna.

"Should we go and eat something? Where are Nayong and Chaeyoung?" Ji Yeon asked.

"They asked me to join them at the cafe earlier but me and Hyun Jin swap places. So I am taking care of the booth right now." Hyuna said.

"Really?" Ji Yeon had an idea.
"FELIX AA!" She called her boyfriend who was busy talking to Younghoon and the gang.

"Waeyoo?" He turned around and paid his attention to Ji Yeon.

"Can you please take care of the booth for me?" Ji Yeon cutely smiled at him.
"I am hungry! I am going to eat with Hyuna."

"Naeeee!" He replied in happiness.

"Heol, did you just use your smile?"
"Felix hate talking to the visitor more than anything else." Hyuna was speechless with her friend.

"I am not sure?" Ji Yeon questioned herself.
"Felix aa!" She called him again.
"Do you want to eat anything?!"

"I want pastries!" He replied and Changmin smacked him to make Felix pay attention to him.

"Aigoo, I am having a battle with a boy over my boyfriend." Ji Yeon shook her head.
"Hyuna kaja."

"Let's go!" Hyuna said.

____

San Francisco cafe,

The four girls were having the time of their life over the bread except for Hyuna. She wasn't actually enjoying the moment as her head was full with Hyun Jin.

"Jennie from Blackpink is breaking up with Kai from EXO." The celebrity gossip channel showed the news.

"I broke up too." Hyuna murmured.

"Haa? What did you say?" Chaeyoung couldn't hear her.

"Nothing."

"Anyway, are you and Hyun Jin finally back on good terms? You two went back together last night." Nayong asked.

"Hrmm," Hyuna replied.

They were indeed back in good term but as friends not as lovers.

"Aigoo Hyuna. What's up with that face? Did you broke up or what?" Ji Yeon made a joke and Hyuna choked.

"We didn't!" Hyuna refused to accept the fact that they did.

"Should we all become single for a while?" Chaeyoung asked a lame question.

"I can't. Felix will hate me forever." Ji Yeon said.

"Since when you think too much about him?" Nayong burnt her.

"Excuse me! I care about him equally! It is just that I am not good at expressing it." Ji Yeon defended herself.
"I feel so bad lately. I don't think I am a really nice girlfriend to him. All I did was causing trouble and then Felix fixed it back for me."

"How does it feels like to be not good at expressing feelings?" Hyuna asked as Hyun Jin once again crossed her mind.

"It feels suffocating. People will misunderstand you and you will feel wronged but actually you know that you did wrong too." Ji Yeon answered.
"It sucks to be a loser at expressing feelings."
"Wae?"

"Nothing." Hyuna shook her thoughts off.

"It is too late to tell Hyun Jin that I don't want to break up?" Hyuna asked herself.

"Hyuna!" Chaeyoung flicked her finger on Hyuna's forehead.

The girls laughed.

"Where were you?!" Nayong asked as they were talking to Hyuna but she was deep in her own thought.

"I think! I need to do something before it is too late." Hyuna got up from her chair and rushed out from the cafe.

As she left them, they girls started a discussion again.

"I think they broke up." Nayong said.

"Obviously." Chaeyoung agreed.

"I think so too." Ji Yeon added.

____

Control room,

Hyun Jin was at the control room again. That time, he was with Seungmin to hand in the pictures that Seungmin took from the event up until that day.

"Hyun Jin!" A girl yelled out his name and Hyun Jin turned around.

"Hrmm Hyuna aa wae?" He asked, confused.

She was losing her mind for second. Who knows that the prideful Hyuna could do such thing? Hyuna dragged Hyun Jin outside of the control room.

"Hy-hyun Jin aa." Hyuna wanted to say something but she took a second thought.

"Wae? What is it?" Hyun Jin asked, confused.

"I have something to ask you."

"Why? Did the visitor ask a weird question again?" Hyun Jin asked as he was often attacked with weird questions from the visitor.

"Uhh, yes."

"Just answer them plainly. They won't know anything much too." Hyun Jin said, giving her the question list he made that happened to be in his hand.

"Gumawo." Hyuna left in defeat.

She lost her chance again and Hyuna was really on the urge to give up on trying.

____

Saekang High booth,

Hyuna gave up and stayed at the booth the whole day. She was in peace until Changbin came to her.

"Hyuna, didn't you hurt your leg?" Changbin asked.

"Yes. Why?"

"Mr Yu told me to tell you to go back to the hotel. And since we are on the topic." Changbin actually wanted to ask a favour from Hyuna.
"Can you please do something for me?"

"What is it?" Hyuna asked, anxious of Changbin request.

"This, I forgot my id number for the participant and they asked me to give it by 3 today. If you want to go back to the hotel, can you please snap a picture of my id card? I left it on the table inside the room." Changin said, cheekily smiled at Hyuna as he handed her the room card.
"Jebal!"

"Did Mr Yu really told me to go back!" Hyuna couldn't believe it.

"Yes. I swear." Changin put his hand up.

"Alright then. I will send it by 2:30." Hyuna said and started to move away from the booth.

She took her backpack and walked out the exhibition hall.

"YASSS!" Changbin high five his roommates.

"Good job. Hyuna will just find out on her own." Felix hoped their plan will go smoothly.

"But we need to send Hyun Jin there too." Han said.

____

Hotel room,

As soon as Hyuna reached the hotel, she went to boys room first and slide the card to open the door. She stepped inside and went to the table Changbin mentioned. There were papers scrabbled with writings. Curious, Hyuna took one of those papers and read that familiar hand writings.

"Ock this is Hyun Jin's handwriting." She said to herself.

Hyuna put down the card on the table and read the papers filled with Hyun Jin's writing.

"What is he saying?" Hyuna couldn't read that horrible hand writing of his.
"Say sorry?"
"This somehow looks like a script." She got even more curious.
"We,"
"We should?"
"We should solve this misunderstandings?"
"Huh?"
"I am sorry?"
"What is he saying? Omaigod." Hyuna got immersed in reading those writings as she sat down on the chair in front of the table.

"Tuk," someone else entered the room.

Hyuna automatically went to hide even thought she didn't do anything wrong.

"Why am I hiding?" She asked herself.

"Hurmm? Where is it?" It was Hyun Jin's voice talking on the phone with someone.

Hyun Jin was tricked by Changbin too. He was asked to take some documents from their room but the documents were nowhere to be seen.

"You better not be tricking me. Where is it?" Hyun Jin caught up with the trick.

Hyuna was hiding behind the dinning table in the kitchen. She had the paper inside her hands. Waiting for Hyun Jin to leave, she started to read it again.

"YAH! I WALKED FROM THAT EXHIBITION HALL FOR GOD SAKES!" Hyun Jin was pissed off when he found out that the boys tricked him.

"Did he just hang up on me?"
"CHANGBIN!" Hyun Jin nearly went crazy with the friend he got.

Feeling tired, the boy threw himself onto the couch and started to scroll down the twitter homepage.

Behind the dinning table,

"I am sorry, I think we should talk about it more. I shouldn't have keep it to myself all along and make you curious." Hyuna finally succeeded to read the script Hyun Jin wrote.
"This sounds familiar." She thought about for a while.
"Don't tell me this was what he meant to say yesterday." She freaked out.
"What did I do?"

"Ring ring ring!" Someone was calling Hyun Jin on the phone.

"Hah, this one again."

It wasn't a call but a video call. Hyun Jin picked it up.

On the video call,

"What do you want?" Hyun Jin annoyedly asked.

"Oppa! I am at your house!"

"Don't touch my things or Kkami!" Hyun Jin warned her.

That was his cousin, Do Hee.

"Awwww kyeoptaaa geujwo." Do Hee annoyed Hyun Jin by actually touching Kkami, his dog.

"Where is my mother?" Hyun Jin asked.

"She is still in the hospital."
"When are you going to come back?!"
"I miss you!"

"But I don't. I am happier here." Hyun Jin made a face to Do Hee.
"I am hanging up."

"Opp-"

End of video call.

"Why would she call me? So annoying." He meanly said and went back to the twitter page.

"Who was that?" Hyuna asked herself.
"Do I know her?"
"Wah, I never seen Hyun Jin so mean with a girl. She must have been really close? But who?!"

Hyuna wanted to move and ended up hitting her head with the table. It produced a sound and Hyun Jin got scared.

"Who is there?" He asked, lowkey praying that it wasn't some kind of ghost or anything.

Hyuna crawled under the dinning when Hyun Jin came closer.

"What the hell am I doing? I should just get up confidently and say that I am here to help Changbin!" Hyuna said in her mind.

Hyuna erased her thoughts and put her hair in front of her face. She was so weird in so many ways and planned to escape while staying unknown

"Okay,"
"One,"
"Two,"
"Three!" She fast crawled from under the table.

"AHHHHHHHH WHAT IS THIS?!" Hyun Jin fell back onto the floor of Hyuna's sudden appearance.
"YAH! WHO ARE YOU?!"

Ignoring Hyun Jin, Hyuna went faster to go to the door. Hyun Jin finally got back on his feet and ran towards the door too. They were somehow having a race to the door. Hyuna wanted to escape and Hyun Jin wanted to stop that unknown crawling person.

"TUK!" Someone closed the door.

"HAH! Who are you?! What are you doing here?" Hyun Jin managed to close the door and Hyuna speed back to the kitchen.

She was finally back on her feet as Hyuna ran back to kitchen. They had a chasing game for a while.

"Hyuna?!" He took a guess but she didn't reply.

"HOW WOULD HE KNOWS ITS ME?!"

"Let me out!" Hyuna made a small voice.

"Yah, what are you doing here?" Hyun Jin cracked into laughter.
"I thought you were a ghost or something similar."

"Do you know who I am?" She kept talking in that voice.

"..." Hyun Jin just laughed at her stupidity.
"Do you I wouldn't notice? You are wearing your so so familiar yellow hoodie and you are exactly what Hyuna is."

"GEUREOM!" She revealed her face.
"I excuse myself!" Hyuna ran back towards the door.

"Wait a second!" Hyun Jin ran after her and caught her hand as she walked away.

Because of that unbalance leg she had, Hyuna slipped and Hyun Jin fell along with her.

"Ouh,"
"Maigod." Hyuna widened her eyes.

Their faces were only inches away. Hyuna held her breath in and Hyun Jin blinked cluelessly.

"This is so awkward." Hyun Jin admitted.
"But why are you here?"

You know that typical falling scene? They were in that position.

"Cha-Changbin asked me to get his id." Hyuna replied.

"Really? Anything else?" Hyun Jin asked and Hyuna pushed him away.

They were back to sitting position.

"This," Hyuna basically pasted the paper on Hyun Jin's face.

"What is this?" Hyun Jin took the paper from her and turned red.
"Th-thi-this!"
"HEOL! You did not read this right?!" He freaked out.

Some lines from the scrabbles were corny as hell. Therefore, he was ashamed of himself.

"I did. Care to explain?" Hyuna asked, hoping that Hyun Jin will just tell her the truth so that they can go back to normal.

"N-nothing." Hyun Jin said, getting up from the floor with the paper in his hand.

"What do you mean nothing?"
"If you really love me then!"
"Shouldn't you take the chance to fix our relationship back?!" Hyuna was livid.

"You wanted to end it."
"What do you mean?" Hyun Jin turned around and looked at Hyuna.
"What chance? Do I even stand one?"
"I am anxious. Do you know? I am really anxious to be the one who loves more."

"Don't you trust me at all?" Hyuna asked, throwing tantrum.

"Hyuna aa,"
"We can't take back what have been said." Hyun Jin said.

"SAYS WHO?! I can if I want too!" Hyuna denied his statement.

"Stop it. Do you think I am happy with this?" Hyun Jin looked at her in the eyes.

"You are just finding excuses. Why? Are you bored with me? You just want to break up with me and make me the one to be blamed." Hyuna kept talking and it caused Hyun Jin to be out of words.

"Do I really look like that kind of guy to you?" Hyun Jin was lost with words.
"Do I look like some kind of player going around playing people feelings?"

"A-aniya." She shouldn't have said that.

Hyuna gave up on talking as she thought that her words would just worsen the situation. The girl went to sit back on the floor. Hyun Jin gave up on her and wanted to leave the room but Hyuna suddenly yelled at him.

"YAH HWANG HYUN JIN!"

"What now? What do you want?" Hyun Jin asked, turning around.

"Can't we just not break up?" Hyuna suggested.
"It feels so awkward to be just friend with you."

"Alright." He replied, emotionless.

"Kkeut?"

"I said, alright."

"HOW CAN YOU BE SO CASUAL?!"

"Hyuna aa, do you think I am easy?" Hyun Jin got even more offended.
"Because I care more so is it easy to push me away and pull me back?"

"Aniya! Hyun Jin aa! Please stop misunderstanding me. I have no words left to say. You tend to turn all my positive words in negative one." She was frustrated so Hyuna pulled her own hair again.

"OKAY OKAY FINE! Don't pull your hair!" Hyun Jin stopped her from pulling her own hair.

"Let me be! Why do you even care?" Hyuna acted up and it caused Hyun Jin to get head ache.

"Huh," he let out a deep sigh.
"Alright, do whatever you want."

Hyuna stopped pulling hair as Hyun Jin told her to do whatever she wanted. That was how her nature is, to go against the rules. She resentfully looked at Hyun Jin but her eyes went teary again. Being in pain physically with the ankles caused Hyuna to become more emotional than her original self.

"Don't cry." Hyun Jin closed his eyes.
"I don't want to see it." He wanted to ignore her.

"Hyun Jin aa," she sobbed.
"You are really mean." Hyuna shoulders loosened as she was in deep sorrow.

"Why are you crying?" Hyun Jin asked in defeat.
"Please don't do this to me."

Hyuna kept her mouth sealed, refused to reply to Hyun Jin anymore.

"Alright. I am sorry." Hyun Jin felt guilty and give in the fight.

He pulled the crying Hyuna into a hug and patted her head. Hyun Jin thought, maybe she wasn't familiar with then being normal friends and that was it.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

3.8K 50 15
A Hyunjin fanfic🤍✨
60.6K 2.2K 40
"why did you lie?" - "i don't know" a boyxboy book ~slow updates~ lowercase intended
18.8K 907 58
everyone likes him but he loves her everyone wants him but he needs her she didn't choose either of them but her heart did *** started: 04/03/2023 ...
190K 6.3K 20
𝐦𝐚𝐲𝐛𝐞 𝐩𝐫𝐞𝐬𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐚𝐬 𝐚𝐧 𝐨𝐦𝐞𝐠𝐚 𝐢𝐬𝐧'𝐭 𝐚 𝐠𝐨𝐨𝐝 𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐧𝐠. 𝐬𝐭𝐚𝐫𝐭 - 𝐢𝐢𝐢/𝐯/𝐦𝐦𝐱𝐢𝐱 𝐞𝐧𝐝 - 𝐭𝐡𝐚𝐧𝐤 𝐲𝐨𝐮...