a thousand instincts (#1)

By writeraliciagonzalez

Life Lesson #1: If you are planning on going to a nightclub in the middle of sketchy, dark woods, don't. Li... More

Looks Good, Tastes Good (Part 1)
Looks Good, Tastes Good (Part 2)
Fake Hopsital (2)
Preparing for Impact (3)
Christmas Themed Pants (4)
Get Out (5)
Absolutely Flabbergasted (6)
Without Mercy (7)
Nothing But A Shadow (8)
Probably Candy Crush (9)
Fish Eggs (10)
Ocean Eyes (11)
A Cliche Porno (12)
Shadows Of The Night (13)
The Male Apendage (14)
Maybe Even Polish (15)
Temple of Godhead (16)
Memory Problems (17)
Humans Suck (18)
Some God (19)
Go On (20)
Big Bird (21)
A Monster (22)
Accept the Challenge (23)
A Bitter Taste (24)
Silly Girl (25)
Your Rules (26)
The Tears (27)
Boner Killer (29)
Beautiful and Deadly (30)
The Best Policy (31)
Two Weeks (32)
Just My Luck (33)
A Familiar Face (34)
Find Clarity (35)
Godhead's Milk (36)
Skill of Recreation (37)
Instructed to Terminate (38)
Eternity Ended (39)
Pain and Desire (40)
Serve Justice (41)
No Other Tricks (42)
Ready For Action (43)
We Were Real (44)
Sahara Desert (45)
Lying Bastard (46)
Crown is Falling (47)
Dressed To Kill (48)
Euphoric State (49)
Sex Monster (50)
Just Beginning (51)
To Have Control (52)
Mommy Issues (53)
The Right Spot (54)
What a Life (55)
The Story Goes On...
Other Stories of Mine
an everlasting caress
She is Fatal to Death

A Viceroy (28)

47.1K 2K 142
By writeraliciagonzalez

Aeress

     She turned at the sound of her heavy southern american accent. Not favoring any region in particular-it was not so simple to recognize. 

     Before her stood a shorter woman with dark brown dreadlocks, black-as-night eyes, and skin spotted with different shades of brown, mostly of a lighter, warmer tone. "Mind telling me who you are?" 

     Aeress slowly stood up, and saw she had a decent amount of height on the mysterious woman. "You first." She lifted her chin in challenge. 

     The woman took out a knife, and it glinted with a lethal promise, matching her glossy eyes. "I could kill you here and now for simply disrespecting the Temple of Godhead." She lifted the dagger and Aeress did not flinch as it was pointed straight at her throat. "If you value your life, you will answer me." 

     Aeress decided to take a risk. "I don't think it'd be wise to threaten the mate of Premier." 

     Her eyes widened slightly and her thin eyebrows raised just slightly. "Easy to make such statements, harder to prove them. I doubt they would let her out at this hour anyway. She'd run into lunes like you." 

     Godhead must've been fed up with being threatened as Aeress could tell her presence was rising to the surface. "I advise you to back off, or you're going to get hurt." 

     "By who?" she measured Aeress up and down. "You?" 

     "I doubt I could land a punch. But she can."

     Her body burned with power, scorching with the heat of transformation. It was like stepping into another body that felt strangely familiar, just of more brawn and ability.

     The woman immediately got into battle mode. She removed another dagger and started aiming her precise slashing at Aeress. 

     Meanwhile, Aeress felt that feeling of losing control. Now it was like she had given the wheel over to Godhead so that she was the one driving. 

     Are you going to kill her?

      It took a few seconds before Godhead had the woman pinned down. Perhaps. I have not made my decision yet. 

     Aeress looked down at her hands to be larger and dark blue, with great, big claws that had a terrifying glint to them. Godhead just had one claw at her throat, and that was all she needed to end the woman's life. 

     "My human tried to warn you," Godhead spoke, "but she does not yet understand the power we yield over our children. And tell me, pup, what do we do to disobedient children?" 

     "Godhead? Could it really be you? There were rumors, but the information coming off the island wasn't credible... Is it you, mother?" 

     Aeress felt a beautiful emotion bloom from within, infused with both love, adoration, and possibly hope. "It is. And this is my vessel, my home where I dwell. I have not spoken with any of my children in thousands and thousands of years. You are the first." 

     "I am honored, Godhead. Please, forgive me, mother. I was only trying to maintain the safety of Premier's mate-"

     "Yes, he is mine. You have nothing to fear, only if you are damned should you tremble so."

     Her dark eyes widened with both fear and earnest submission. "If I am damned, I will not fight your decision to release me." 

     You want to understand me, Aeress? I will show you what I see. Focus on her, look through my eyes. 

     Aeress looked down, knowing what was to come next would change her relationship with Godhead. 

     Almost instantly she felt herself being sucked into what she could only describe as a chilling light. She screamed at the intensity of it as it blinded her until all she saw was white. 

      All she could do was embrace the light, let it engulf her until there was no difference between the two. In this, her head spun as memories which were not her own obscured her vision among the light. The sounds of laughing and crying were the more distinguished, but it was all just white noise in the end. 

     Then it all stopped. Aeress couldn't breathe. She collapsed onto the floor of wherever she was, looking around but not really seeing anything. 

    A blade pierced her neck. The slicing feeling was all too real. Aeress held her neck as the blood squirted out, dripping down her body at a dangerous pace. She looked down to see the knife in her hand, and couldn't understand why she would stab herself. 

    She opened her mouth to scream, but only red spilled over her lips. Her legs gave out, and she landed in her own pool of blood. She knew death intimately enough to feel real fear. 

     A woman approached her as she lay squirming on the floor. It was the one she had just met. 

     She crouched beside Aeress, soaking herself in crimson. She smiled. So sad and regretful. The woman leaned down and pressed a kiss to her gushing neck and then to her lips. 

     "Not me," she whispered with a kind smile, gliding her hands over her locks. 

______________________________________

     She slowly came to. 

     It was morning, as Aeress could tell from the bright and unfiltered sunlight which burned her eyelids. The scent of freshly washed sheets came about in the air, and when she finally opened her eyes, she recognized that she was back in her room. 

     Groaning at her sore back, she sat up and put a hand through her hair. Surprisingly, it felt longer and smoother, unlike her frizzy, curly mess she was used to when first awakening. 

     "What happened?" 

     The look into her soul was too much. It took a lot of your energy, so I decided to give to a rest and take over. 

     Is she alive? 

     Yes, our child will be here soon. 

     She is your daughter?!

      They are all of our children, Aeress. You must understand the bonds you will embrace, including both that of with our children and that of with Warrick

     Aeress winced at his name. The last thing she wanted on her mind was him. What happened... was unlike anything I've ever experienced. Is this what you go through every time?

     Yes and no. To you, it takes forever, but in their eyes, their fate is decided within a blink of an eye. It is not the same every time. This particular woman was on the easier side of the spectrum. Sometimes their fate does not come so easily. Sometimes you will see things and feel things that will shake you to your very core. This was just a taste Aeress.

     Aeress didn't know what to say.

     Welcoming the distraction, Aeress looked to her bedroom door as there was a polite, but loud knock. 

     "Yeah, come in!" 

     The woman from before stepped in. Aeress was glad to see she had not killed yet another person. 

     This time she seemed less lethal, dressed in pressed dress pants an a crisp, white button-up. Her locs were put up in a simple bun on the top of her head, with plenty framing all around her face and scalp. 

     She bowed lowly. "I see you're back. I can get the physician if you'd like?"

     Aeress shook her head. "I've recooperated from death, this is a piece of cake." She threw the sheets off of her and twisted so that she sat on the edge of the bed with her legs dangling over. "Thanks for not leaving me outside." 

     She smiled. "Of course, Godhead." 

     "I'm Aeress. You are... ?" 

      "Viceroy Maribelle."

     Aeress sat up a little straighter at the title. "Viceroy, as in second-in-command to Premier." It was a position compared to a beta to their alpha. She remembered reading about it in the library and wondered when she would meet one. 

     Maribelle seemed pleased at her knowledge. "Yes. My apologies, but I was informed of your..."

     "Ignorance to werewolf culture?" 

     She smiled sheepishly. "In more polite terms, ma'am, yes."

     Aeress shrugged. "I did some reading in the library."

      Then she looked even more perplexed. "They've translated the text?"

     Aeress shook her head. "No, these books were definitely ancient looking."

     "How could you have read them then? All of our books are in the ancient tongue of Godhead, I'm certain." 

     "I don't know, Viceroy Maribelle, honest. It's as big a mystery to me as it is to you." Aeress finished off with nervous laughter. "Anyway, are there any other Viceroy here?" 

     She accepted the change of topic. "Yes, actually. We have been summoned. That is why I came here, besides to make sure of your well-being, of course." 

     Aeress stretched. "Thank you, I'm fine. Really. Are you here for the trials?" 

      She nodded. "Temple of Godhead has never been this full. Many of us are eager to see you... mother." 

     Aeress attempted a smile but failed. "It isn't official yet. For now, I'm just Aeress... Most of the time."

     "After last night, I don't need trials to tell me whether you are the true God or not. I believe it. And I thank you for sparing me." She looked ready to get on her knees. 

     "I-" she cut herself off. "You're welcome."

     She watched Aeress with fascination, only to blush with embarrassment. "If there is nothing else, I will give you your space, ma'am?" 

     Aeress shook her head. "I look forward to meeting the rest of the Viceroy."

     "And Viceroy Maribelle?" 

     The woman looked back before she opened the door. "Yes, Godhead?" 

     "Premier, have you talked to him?"

     Maribelle didn't think twice. "No. Not directly. Not for a while."

     Aeress didn't want to reveal too much. "Here, on the island?" 

      "Premier is a very elusive man, Godhead. Very secretive, even with the Viceroy." In other words, she didn't know shit. Even if she did, Aeress doubted she would reveal it. 

     Aeress masked her disappointment with a smile. "Thanks anyway."

     "Yes, Godhead." 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

72.9K 3.1K 54
She collapses down in front of me and runs her hands along my shoulders and down my arms. I close my eyes as she lifts my shirt over my head. "I can...
153K 7.1K 48
"What I was going to say was selfish..." He mumbled. I edge closer to him until my hand slowly cradled his cheek. Tilting his head up to look at me...
26.9K 691 27
He grabbed me, and I felt tingles go up my arms. I started to thrash around trying to get out of his grip. As much as my wolf wanted him, I didn't an...
107K 3.7K 47
"Oh, so you're part of this kidnapping posse too? I am not a possession! I have a life that I was abruptly plucked out of without my input all becaus...