Roommates || Calum Hood

By sugarplumluke

"Hopefully being roommates will settle your arguments." More

Roommates
Chapter 1 // Premiere
Chapter 2 // The Deal
Chapter 3 // Moving In
Chapter 4 // Toothpaste
Chapter 5 // Drunk
Chapter 6 // Hook-ups
Chapter 7 // Date
Chapter 8 // Press Conference
Chapter 9 // Tummy
Chapter 10 // Explanation
Chapter 11 // Apologies
Chapter 12 // New
Chapter 13 // Jacket
Chapter 14 // Party
Chapter 15 // Dare
Chapter 16 // Night
Chapter 17 // Babysitting
Chapter 18 // Tired
Chapter 19 // Max
Chapter 20 // Realize
Chapter 21 // Birthday
Chapter 22 // Awkward
Chapter 23 // Travel
Chapter 25 // Bump
Chapter 26 // Sneak
Chapter 27 // Scare
Chapter 28 // Wanna Be Yours
Chapter 29 // Caught
Chapter 30 // Oops
Chapter 31 // Spider
Chapter 32 // Skating
Chapter 33 // Reagan
Chapter 34 // Knees
Chapter 35 // Wisdom Teeth
Chapter 36 // Love
Chapter 37 // Bowling
Chapter 38 // VMAs
Chapter 39 // Puke
Chapter 40 // Zoo
Chapter 41 // Hotel
Chapter 42 // Rehearsals
Chapter 43 // Water
Chapter 44 // Goodbye
Chapter 45 // Phone Call
Chapter 46 // Step
Chapter 47 // Texts
Chapter 48 // Snapchat
Chapter 49 // Troy
Chapter 50 // Bar
Chapter 51 // Over
Chapter 52 // Post
Chapter 53 // Plans
Chapter 54 // Home
Chapter 55 // Reunion
Chapter 56 // There
Chapter 57 // Broke
Chapter 58 // Plan B
Chapter 59 // Dinner
Chapter 60 // Talks
Chapter 61 // Doc
Chapter 62 // New Year's
Character Answers
Chapter 63 // Shower
Chapter 64 // Last
Epilogue

Chapter 24 // Australia

353K 8.6K 6.3K
By sugarplumluke

•Calum

As soon as we got situated in our fancy first class seats, I leaned my head back against the pillow propped underneath and shut my eyes. I always got the best sleep when I was on an airplane, especially a flight that is as ridiculously long as this one.

Cassidy gasped loudly. "What are you doing? You can't go to sleep now! We are just about to take off!"

I lazily smiled at her bewildered exclaims. "And your point is?"

"How can you fall asleep during the worst part of the entire flight?" She practically yelled, her face looking incredibly shocked.

I poked her side with my pointer finger to tease her, since this was becoming incredibly amusing to me. "Aw, it's not that bad, Cassie. It's just like a roller coaster."

"And who the hell sleeps on a roller coaster?" She sneered, her jaw clenching together as the flight attendants made the announcement that we would be preparing to take off soon.

"Is little baby Cassidy scared of the big bad airplane?" I cooed in my best impression of a toddler voice. Cassidy kept her gaze on the seat in front of us with her lips pursed, refusing to even glance over at me beaming at her. "Aw, baby. You're adorable."

She elbowed me in the chest, making a bubble of laughter escape my lips. "Shut up," Cassidy hissed, although I could see a faint grin lying on her mouth. "You used to be scared of Goofy from Mickey Mouse when you were a kid!"

"It was a dog that acted like a human! But Pluto was a dog too and did he freaking walk on two legs? No! You can't even deny that that's scary," I complained, soundly getting overly defensive. She just giggled her cute little giggle, and my anger faded away. "Aren't you used to flying by now? You have to fly all the time."

The plane began to speed down the runway and she squealed with fright, instantly picking up my hand and intertwining our fingers together. I squeezed it tightly, initiating another flutter of butterflies to appear in my stomach. "It's okay, Cass. I got you."

Her green eyes that I found to be the most beautiful sparkling gems in the world were completely shut, along with her mouth that was clamped together. I rubbed my thumb along her hand carefully as the speed progressed even further until the wheels on the plane were no longer touching the ground.

She let out a sigh of relief, smiling at me in a casual manner. "I'm fine now. I just don't like the beginning," Cassidy explained in her usual peppy tone, leaning over me to look out of the window. "Look how pretty LA looks from the sky."

"Not as pretty as you," I retorted in a sing-song tone.

Cassidy pretended to gag. "That was so cheesy and weird. Never do that again, Cal."

I chuckled. She had almost the same sense of humor as me, which was the main reason the two of us had become such good friends as children. But now it just made me like her even more.

I studied her face carefully, watching her eyes light up as she continued to inspect every detail of the city we were hovering above until we would finally reach the clouds. The sunlight shining in from the window illuminated her entire face, making her cheekbones seem to shimmer and her skin to glow from the reflection. I can't believe I used to ever look at this face with annoyance, because right now all I can think about is kissing her.

"Can we go make-out in the bathroom?" I suggested, making her eyebrows knit together in confusion. "Maybe we can join the mile-high club."

She rolled her eyes at me, letting out a little snort of laughter. "The seat-belt light is still on, Calum."

"So, later?" I pressed, tilting my head to look at her as she sat back into her squishy chair.

Cassidy let go of my hand to loosely cross her arms across her sweatshirt-covered chest. "Cal," She whined. "I told you I want to take things slow."

"I know," I replied, since I did actually know. I had obviously screwed her up when I slept with her and then humiliated her for it, and it would probably take a long time for her to overcome it. But I was willing to wait as long as she needed.

"Also," Cassidy started, tucking a piece of her blonde hair behind her ear before continuing. "When we get home, we can't act like we like each other, okay? My dad will have a heart attack if he even finds out that we have been sleeping in the same bed together. But when he finds out it's not just a friendly thing anymore like it used to be, I'm positive they will not let me live with you."

"Your dad loves me," I stated proudly, thinking of all the good times I've shared with Mr. Gold.

"My dad loves you since you're my best friend. He will not love you once he finds out that you took his daughter's innocence," Cassidy said with a chuckle, picking my hand up to hold it again. "Please try not to show any signs that we are more than friends, okay? I really don't want to move out."

Happiness seeped through my veins as the words left her mouth so effortlessly. Being roommates was no longer a punishment for her anymore. She actually wanted to live with me.

I leaned over the arm rest and planted a kiss onto her cheeks, making her smile instantly. "I'll try, babe."

"Thank you," Cassidy responded gratefully. She leaned her head onto my shoulder and released her lovely smell of perfume into my nostrils as she was now in wafting distance. "You can go to sleep now, Cal."

"But if I fall asleep then I can't talk to my girl," I said with a shrug, making her cheeks turn to a shade of bright pink.

Cassidy kissed my shoulder in an affectionate manner. "I don't know why we never tried this before. Being with your best friend is the easiest thing in the world."

I nodded to agree with her. I've never felt so smitten before, but I can guarantee it's because I haven't had a connection between any girl the way I have with Cassidy. "Well we tried that one time, but..."

She laughed lightly. "I know. But I'm just really glad I finally realized how good we are together, Calum. Please don't hurt me though, okay? I don't want to hate you again."

I placed my palm on her thigh, rubbing small circles against her leg with my thumb as if this motion would give her some sense of reassurance. "I won't, baby," I promised, hoping that the asshole characteristic that came out when we were younger would never make an appearance again. "I'll wait as long as you'd like to call you my girlfriend, Cass. Just remember that."

"I will, Cal," She told me with a yawn, letting her eyelids close. "Wake me up when-"

"September ends?"

"I'm going to murder you," Cassidy mumbled, making me chuckle since she always found my ability to apply song lyrics to be any situation annoying and only slightly funny. "Wake me up when we get there."

I leaned forward and kissed the top of her head without even questioning myself. This was all becoming so natural for me, as if this was the way things always were supposed to be. I couldn't believe it was only a few days ago where I was moping around about her falling for her Luke even though he treated her terribly. I'm so glad I secretly encouraged Hannah to get back in touch with him.

•*•*•

Our exhausted bodies were currently on the doorstep in front of Cassidy's house, knocking on the front door and hoping someone would answer. We had decided to not tell either of our parents that we were coming home, to make it a huge surprise for them, but now I was little scared that no one would let us in.

"Should I just go inside?" Cass asked, fumbling for her keys after another failed attempt at knocking.

"Yeah I guess so." I shrugged, taking the keys out of her hand. "Let me open it though. This is kind of creepy that no one is home when it's only like nine o'clock."

She smiled at me. "It's actually nearly midnight, Calum. They could be sleeping."

I ignored her comment and twisted the key into the lock, slowly opening the front door. I made sure to stand in front of Cassidy, just in case something was going to pop out at us. But the house was completely barren and the lights were all off.

"Hello?" I called out, but there was not even a stir of movement. I turned towards her with a disappointed expression. "Come on, we'll go to my house. I don't want you here alone."

She laughed lightly. "Cal, this is my house. I'm perfectly safe here and you know that. My parents are probably just sleeping, and I'll see them in the morning."

I grasped her hand and tugged her away from there. "Maybe they aren't just sleeping. Your parents are always home on Saturday nights and there are no signs of anyone home right now. I'm freaked out."

Cassidy rolled her eyes but still followed me to the house next door. My house. It was a walk we were both accustomed to, since everyday after school we would each go over to one of each other's houses to do our homework together and then just hang out. I basically spent half of the week at her house and she spent half of the week at mine, so this whole roommates concept isn't actually all that foreign to us.

I opened our front door without even knocking, mainly because I could hear commotion from inside and because I really didn't care about privacy since this was my home. I spotted a crowd of people huddled around the dining room table, and a chorus of gasps all echoed through their mouths as their heads turned to look at us.

"Honey, I'm home!" I sang obnoxiously, making everyone leap from their chairs.

Cassidy's hand dropped from mine as my mother sprinted towards me with a giant smile, her eyes already started to well up with tears. I chuckled, wrapping my arms around her and enjoying the familiarity of my mother's touch. "My boy!" She squealed, kissing my cheek.

"Hi Mum, I've missed you," I told her, finally releasing her from the embrace. "Are you surprised?"

"Extremely!" She exclaimed, holding one hand to her heart as my father shuffled over towards me.

"Cal!" He cheered, hugging me as well and patting my back. "We've missed you so much."

"I've missed you too, Dad," I replied with honesty. No matter how old I got I always craved my family to be surrounding me. You learn to appreciate them so much more when you are away for so long. And I couldn't be happier to see them all again.

I glimpsed over to Cassidy who was in tears as she hugged her own parents, who must have came over here for one of their get-togethers that they have pretty much every weekend.

Mali appeared out of nowhere, making my grin spread even wider. She jumped into my arms and hugged me tightly while screaming happily about how she was so excited to see me again. We've always had such a close sibling bond.

"I can't believe you two are actually here," Mrs. Gold gushed, who also was scurrying over to me to give me a hug.

"Me either," I agreed, swinging my arm around Cassidy's shoulder in a strictly friendly manner. "But damn, I'm so glad we are."

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

author's note: THEY ARE FINALLY IN AUSTRALIA IM SO EXCITED IDEK WHY I JUST SHIP C SQUARED SO HARD GUYS

in all honesty tho i think 5sos really need to go home and see their families it makes me sad that they are busy like all the time like take a break every once and awhile sheesh

thank you guys for readin i can never thank you enough like yesterday i was just thinking how different my life would be if i never became a 5sos stan or if 5sos just didnt exist in general or if i like never started posting fanfics or if i never made a twitter (@calumfridge oo) and thats just so weird to think about omg 

anyway ! i love you all and ill love you always i hope u r sugarplum af and i hope u have a nice day :--)

dedicated to simmerdown cause she said "fck reality my dreams come true on wattpad" and i was like omg i feel ya girl truuu

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

7.2K 311 26
In which a bully changes his mind.
997K 41.8K 27
One by one, they'll all be dead. [unedited]
6.9K 178 43
Read the title :)
12M 171K 94
Cute, romantic, funny, feel-inducing (and sometimes sad) 5SOS Preferences all written by me, myself and I. Requests open & no stealing please!