Mr. And Ms. billionaire

Bởi ArinStone

'You're Leira Smith aren't you? That poor nerdy social freak who always hid behind Violet's shadow like a los... Xem Thêm

Author's Note
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
NOT AN UPDATE
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
NOT AN UPDATE
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31

Chapter 19

7.5K 299 63
Bởi ArinStone

'She had made such a shrill scream that I had to recheck if my ears were alright.' At Jenna's words laughter follows at the table.

Right now everyone is sitting at the dining table, waiting for dessert and gossiping among themselves. Apparently Jared's ex girlfriend Cara Delre had come to have dinner and she was wearing a white dress.

Talk about ironic. The same maid with whom Laura clashed had spilled red wine at Cara. According to Jenna, unlike sweet Laura, Cara had screamed at the maid, curses at the maid then tried to fire her. Obviously because the maid wasn't Cara's employee so she's still working here.

'I don't understand what kind of girlfriends he chooses. I tried to research about it. But after such a long time of searching I've given up.' Jenna says after a question of Karen which Laura didn't hear.

But perhaps Jared has. Because right now his neck and ears have gone red from embarrassment.

'Mom! How many times do I have to tell you that she wasn't my girlfriend? I didn't even invite her. You are the one who invited her to dinner. Now you're putting all the blame on me.' Jared says in an annoyed tone.

Jenna scowls at her son.

'It's not my fault. You say the same thing about every girl. So I had to find out from the tabloids that you were dating her then I had to pull some strings to invite her over. How would I have realised you were right?

Jared sighs.

'It's again my fault. It useless to talk to you.'

Jenna narrows her eyes at him.

'Reid dear, how do you put up with this boy again?'

Reid uncomfortably looks at Jared. He's already uncomfortable sitting beside Laura and having Jared opposite of him. Now what is he supposed to say? That he doesn't even know himself how he puts up with ass of a boss. He can't really say that in front of his boss. So he decides to stay silent.

'Ah, such a sweet boy. See? Didn't say anything so that his boss doesn't become uncomfortable.' Jenna says.

Jenna's love for his secretary is getting a bit too much for Jared. Jenna considers Reid a family member. Well after being Jared's Secretary for last five years he has become like a second son to Jenna. Hence in Reid is here today. But he doesn't really mind actually. Reid's a pleasant company. But obviously Jared's never going to tell him that.

'So Laura, you haven't said a single thing during dinner. Why so quiet?' Jenna asks Laura.

Jared also looks at Laura expectantly. After coming from the garden Laura has become awfully quiet. Perhaps all those talking got to her. But her face is giving nothing away.

'Oh! It's nothing actually.' Laura answers. But then she looks at Reid and an evil glint flashes on her eyes. Or is Jared's eyes playing tricks with him?

'It's just that Reid is sitting next to me and not saying anything. So I'm feeling like I should keep my silence too.' Laura says in a too innocent voice.

Reid gives her a weird look. She's not talking. How it has anything to do with him?

'Reid, why aren't you talking with her even after seating next to her for last half an hour. Do you two not know each other?' Jenna asks Reid.

Before Reid can answer Laura beats him to it.

'Oh we know each other. Actually I met him way before I met Jared. And I gotta say, our first meeting was rather interesting.'

Reid's eyes become sky rocketed. Oh Jesus! What if she tells about his little stunt which he pulled in their first meeting? Jensen would scold Jared in front of everyone for being late. And Jared would make sure that his name is in the top of the list tomorrow at the bulletin board. SHIT!

'What kind of interesting? Tell us.' Jenna says. Everyone at the table look at Laura expectantly. Including Jared. He's wondering what would she say. She hasn't talked about that incident ever. Although she has teased Reid about it. Now after all this time is she gonna say it?

'Ah, it's best if Reid tells you. I'm sure from his point of view it would be far more interesting.'

Reid gulps. Even if he gets fired tomorrow no way in hell is he gonna talk about that day.

'Ah, why don't you tell Ms. Williams?'

Laura looks at Reid with her lips turned upwards.

'Do you really want me to tell?'

No one other than Reid and Jared gets the hidden message.

Reid gives a nervous chuckle.

'Please don't.' Reid somewhat whispers which only Laura hears.

Jared starts wondering what had Reid said. Because the next thing he knows Laura is laughing. He has to say, she looks beautiful while laughing. Oh Jared focus!

'It's actually quiet funny. When I first went to meet with Jared, I was too early and only Reid was there. He didn't recognise me obviously. And..'

'And what?' Jenna says. Eagerly waiting to hear actually what happened.

'Nothing. I told him who I am. End of the story.' Laura shrugs.

Her answer shocks everyone. Mostly it shocks Reid. She just lied for him. Well it wasn't really a lie but a half lie. Still a half lie counts as a lie right?

Reid doesn't know what had came over him that he said please. But he never in a million years guessed that Laura would keep his request. She didn't tell. She had a chance of getting back at him bit she didn't. Reid had already harboured respect towards her through out this month. But after her behaviour towards the maid and well now, his respect for her just increased even more.

Jared is wondering about the same thing. Why didn't she? But After talking to her in the garden he had already realised Laura is nothing like other girls. Nothing like the rich people.

After meeting someone they judge that person by seeing how many zeroes are in their bank accounts. But she judges someone as a human and not money. Laura was right after all. He was born rich. He got everything even before asking for them.

'Really Laura! You made us think like it was something big. That was mean.' Karen says and then both Karen and Jenna pouts like five years old kids.

'All of your faces were hilarious.' Laura says with a smile on her face.

Jared gets lost in her smile. She looks really pretty while smiling.

WHAT THE ACTUAL FUCK! Did he just get totally sappy? Gosh he has started sounding like sappy romanting authors. All because of this red head sitting opposite of him.

But he's sure that the only reason why he's entranced by Laura suddenly is because the conversation they shared in the garden. It has nothing to do with the fact that she looks so much alike her.

Did his last line sounded like a big fat lie only to him?

Jenna has again started talking about Jared. Embarrassing him further. She just told everyone that he doesn't know how to fold his shirts. How is it a big deal?

'So Mr. Parker, never learned to fold shirts I see. Even my six year old cousin knows how to fold his shirts.' Laura tauntingly says looking at Jared.

Everyone starts laughing at him at this and he grinds his teeth at the insult. So what if he doesn't know how to fold shirts? He always has better things to do.

He knew the moment they shared on the garden wouldn't last long and that they would go back to hating and taunting each other. But he didn't know the moment would come so soon.

'You see Ms. Williams, your six year old cousin doesn't have to run a company. I do. So I have better things to do than folding a shirt.' Jared gives his comeback.

Laura becomes glad after hearing his comeback. Thank God he didn't become all soft on her after their conversation. After coming back from the garden none of them has mentioned anything about their conversation. And she wants to keep it that way. After all they are better off hating each other.

'You mean to say you had better things to do in your whole twenty five years. Oh! I wonder how busy you were all this time to not know how to fold a shirt.' Laura again says in a taunting tone.

Jared bites the inside of his cheek with anger but decides against saying anything.

The clock hits 10 pm. Laura is standing outside the door with her parents. Jenna and Jensen bids them good bye. Reid also takes his leave but after thanking Jenna for the dinner.

As they leave Jared goes to his room to get freshen up change out of his suit. Jenna has told him not to go to his place and spend the night here.

Just as he locks his door behind him, he fishes out his phone from his pocket and dials Ben's number. He has to know everything about Laura. What has happened to her for her to say such deep things about life?

'Hey man!' Ben tirdly says in the phone. He was just going out of his office. Tomorrow's case with Violet has started to give him a bad head ache.

'Why do you sound so tired?' Jared asks.

'Nothing serious. Just that tomorrow's case is a tricky one.'

'Oh sorry man. I'm bothering you at this hour. But have you found out anything about Laura?'

'This is the thing I wanted to talk to you about. I found nothing about her. I used all my connections. Yet there's not a trace of her before her adoption. It's totally suspicious. It seems like someone has erased everything about her before her adoption.' Ben says.

'What do you mean? She can't just pop out of nowhere.' Jared says in a surprised tone.

'I know that too. Don't worry. I'm going to go to the end of this. See if you can find any information from her. I'm going to finish with this case soon. Then I'll start again.' Ben says.

Jared hangs up after some while and goes to take a shower. As he's washing his face he looks at the mirror.

Who really are you Laura Williams? What are you hiding?

................

Another update! I have become a good girl right? After all I'm updating so early.

Anyways, what do you think about this chapter? Hope you enjoyed it. I didn't like the last chapter and I'm still not sure about this one.

Press that Orange star button for me plwees. How hard would that be?

Do comment and share.

During writing this chapter I was reading-

Frost
Alexander

Song for this chapyer- I'm a mess by Bebe Rexha

Till then.

Lots of love.

- Arin

Đọc tiếp

Bạn Cũng Sẽ Thích

71.6K 2.6K 20
Started- April, 6 2019 Completed- June 17, 2019 Status- completed and editing. How would you feel when your normal life take a huge u-turn and put yo...
9.5M 457K 109
An age gap love story. A brokenhearted billionaire. A college girl. ***** "Nevaeh," Aiden whispers, "can I rest my head on your shoulder?" I nod, l...
138K 11.5K 43
Unedited... Laura is the second daughter of Chief West and the first and only child of Chief West's late first wife. She had lost her mother in a gha...
278K 2.3K 12
(WARNING- Lots of mistakes. Read at your own risk) It was their wedding night. She was waiting for him in his room, no now 'their' room. Finally, he...