Descendants: Evil Awakens

By BijouCe

Descendants: Evil Awakens is somewhat the same as Descendants: War is Brewing. The difference lies, in the ad... More

Chapter 1 - The Beginning
Chapter 2 - Evil Set Free
Chapter 3 - Present Day
Chapter 4 - Smith
Chapter 5 - The Three
Chapter 6 - Brothers
Chapter 8 - The Objective
Chapter 9 - The Emergency
Chapter 10 - Stubbornness of a King
Chapter 11 - Newcomer, friend or foe?
Chapter 12 - Wake Him Up
Chapter 13 - Brief History
Chapter 14 - Celebrations or Funerals?
Chapter 15 - Alshbar, a Friend

Chapter 7 - Tish, darker than coal

13 2 0
By BijouCe

Philip having been lost in the memories of the past and why he among everyone else took the threat seriously, became conscious that he had stopped walking. Looking up at his surrounding, he found the majority of the soldiers were looking at him. Turning around, he could still see his brother was still on the wagon, hands on his hips with a puzzled look on his face. Looking down for words to say, Philip raised his head and said, “If you insist on fighting it, then it’ll be after you fully rest. Meaning, not today but tomorrow. Understood?” demanded Philip.

“Aye!” said the king, knowing that Philip would not restrict of his desire to fight.

Letting go of his anger, Philip continue walking but without a real destination. As he walked pass the rows of tents that the soldiers had set up for themselves, he heard a familiar voice. Focusing on the source and location, he found that the familiar voice was hiding behind a tent on the far left side line of camp. And hiding alone, it wasn’t. There before it, the familiar voice, was a roasting boar. A deliciously smelling boar, with a younger man slowly turning it over a fire. Advancing into view, Philip found that Robert was the familiar voice. “I figured it would be you.” Said Philip. “What are you doing here? Aren’t you supposed to be resting?”

“Morning General! I got enough rest for now. I am actually on my way to Smith but this juicy tender delicious boar you see here caught my attention.” Revealed Robert.

“The smell enough proves your innocence.” Admitted Philip as he look at the young man. “I know you.” Said he to the man.

“Aye, indeed you do. Malvin, would you please stand so Philip can see how much you’ve grown.” Asked Robert.

Getting up and somewhat unease that Robert called Philip without his proper title in his presence. “Good morning general.” Greeted him as he straightened himself.

Eyeing Malvin, Philip recounted the events that led to Robert taken him in as son and brother and in the end training him as knight. Impress at the young’s man status and looks, Philip said, “I’d say Robert, if you wanted to retire, you can do it now. I’ve just found your replacement.”

“And I’d want none other.” Affirmed Robert.

Giving Robert a concerned look, he asked “retirement?”

“I’m thinking about it. I’m getting old and nearing fifty-five. I’m not as able as I used to, well not that I am incapable but you’ll be perfect to take my place.” Revealed Robert.

“No you can’t. If you leave, I leave. I don’t want to be given the status of lieutenant I want to earn it. I want to climb the ranks. If I replace you now, the men will never really respect me nor follow me.” Complained Malvin.

“The kid is dedicated. I approve of your chose.” Said Philip as he turned to leave but doing the opposite immediately. Pulling out his knife, he advance toward the fire and carved himself a couple of boar ribs. Putting it to his mouth, he savored it as if it was his first delicious treat. “Amazing! Robert, shame on you for not knowing how to cook. Shame on you for not telling me how an amazing cook he is. I would have dine as if I was in the castle.” Reproached a humorous Philip. “Anyhow, don’t stay too long, you don’t want to keep Smith waiting. No, no sit, sit.” Waved he to Robert who was about to get up. “I’m going to him now. I’ll tell him you’re coming. Just bring him some meat, I’m sure he’ll appreciate it.” Said he as he turned around and left.

Unbeknown to Malvin, and Robert, the soldiers that were previously with Malvin before Robert came and interrupted them, weren’t far off. They were waiting for Robert to leave to have their turn at eating. “Damn, first lieutenant Robert, now the general, if the king and lieutenant John finds out, there’ll be nothing left.” Whispered a teary eyed solider.

Nearing Smith, Philip tried to sneak up behind him. Pulling out his knife, he advanced toward his target. Having waved to the soldiers around to not look his way, he continued his sneak attack without interruptions. Taking the opportunity of Smith dropping his guard while he stretched, Philip tapped the knife against Smith’s right side ribs and said, “You’re getting old Smith, you let your guard down.”

Smith having sense the intruder, and seeing how in that moment, the soldiers across from him and to his sides were trying hard to avoid looking his way, he figured someone was behind him. And that someone had to be someone in authority to try and sneak up on him. Stretching his arms upwards, he purposely created an opening for whomever was behind him. With the intruder busy with the opening, Smith, with his arms still outstretch upwards, reach into his sleeves and pulled out a dagger. Tapping Philip on the back of the neck with, he said, “I don’t think so.”

Surprised, Philip walked around Smith and stood in front of him. Looking at each other, they laugh as they both put their weapon back in their spot. “You went too fast for that opening General.” Said Smith.

“Aye, looks like I’m the one getting rusty.” Agreed Philip.

“How did it go with the king?” asked Smith

“Stubborn as ever.” Reply Philip.

“No surprise there. So, why are you back here then?” asked Smith of his general.

“Honestly,” Philip paused, “I don’t know. I stopped on the way and found Robert. By the way, Robert is coming, not Black. His coming with breakfast too, thus why he’s taking a while to come.”

“Well, if it’s for me, I guess I can overlooked his lateness,” joked Smith as he could tell Philip was lost in thoughts. “Well then general, it’ll be best for you to rest up then uh. I can take it from here.”

“Thank you lieutenant.” Thanked Philip, without uttering another word he departed for some much overdue rest.

By the now the fast runner was settling down. It was no longer as agitated to escape as in the previous days. “No doubt from tiredness,” thought Smith. When fully stretched and not crouching for attacks, it looked about twice the size of a mountain lion. “Fast, dangerous and big, no wonder we lost men,” Smith acknowledge. With giant claws and sharp long teeth, of the creatures they’ve had to fight, it seem the most normal looking. Smith hated to imagine what else was given birth and breathes inside the dark forest.

The peculiar thing about the creature was the fact that it was very observant and somewhat intelligent. Smith and Philip made notice of this when they were in its presence. It would stare at them almost as if trying to make sense of what they were saying. And when soldiers came to take post, its expression was of that of studying them. As if committing to memory everything and everyone that came into view. Smith now understood and agreed with Philip being concerned for the king’s safety. Wasting no time he ordered the soldiers to shoot more arrows into the beast, who barely reacted to any signs of pain. Anchoring the beast down, Smith was taking no chances.

Sitting down and resting his back against a tree, Smith laid his spear on the ground. Taking out a piece of parchment and charcoal, he jotted away. When he was done writing he handed it over to one of the soldiers near him and asked that it be given to Lieutenant John without delay. Bringing his legs closer under his belly and crossing them, he took his spear and planted the tip in the ground. Smith did this for one reason only. Being on the floor, if ever the need came for him to get up quickly, he’d only need to use his shield as support to get off the floor and be able to also use it in a defensive offensive stances.

Not far off, from his sitting position, on his left form behind the beast, Smith could see Robert coming down hill to meet him. In his hand he had two large plates of food.

“Hey Smith!” greeted Robert as he got close to his comrade.

“Robert.” Smith returned the greeting. “Took you long enough to get here. If I am correct, you took about an hour and a half.”

“Well, I would have gotten here sooner, but my noise caught wind of this delicious meat you see before you. And believe me, I know the cook, so this was, is, definitely worth it.” Explained Robert.

“If one of them is for me, then I’ll gladly overlook your lateness and try not to embarrass you in front of your men.” Said Smith.

“Ah, ah, ah,” laugh Robert sarcastically. “As if you could.” Said he as he handed Smith one of the plates he had in hand as he sat next to him.

“Oh, you still don’t believe me capable of beating you in a duel uh?” asked Smith.

“I know so. We’ve had that conversation before and yeah, that’s not happening. The only one who can beat me in a duel is Sirius and Irwin. Maybe Philip, but I doubt that.” Said a reflective Robert.

“Irwin, I know he can beat you. Sirius? I think you let him win on purpose. He’s the best tracker among us. The best spy. He has no equal when it comes to espionage but fighting heck all four of us beat him. Except you, why is that?” asked Smith.

“I see. So none of you have yet to figure him out. He lets you guys win on purpose. Why, I do not know. But when we duel, he doesn’t hold back. Ever. So to say, all four of you can beat him and I can’t would mean that I’m weaker than him. And that is far from the truth.” Argued Robert.

“There’s one way to settle this, a duel.” Said an excited Smith.

“You’re on. Choose the time, place and weapon. You’ll be no match for me. Bet what you want carefully because you will lose it.” Returned Robert as he foresaw the outcome of the duel.

Smith and Robert were good friends and even closer as comrades. They loved to disagree and argue. This was nothing new to them. Whenever they have a difference in opinion they would try to solve it in a manner that brought excitement, and today was no different.

“This shall be our first official duel outside of training, will it not?” asked Smith.

“Indeed, and believe me, you’re going to regret this.” Grinned Robert as they both stopped talking and began to eat.

“I always wondered why you go easy on the others and not on me. Was it? Is it because of that day? Did you, just as Malvin see me in my rage? If that is the case, what exactly are you trying to do? Why push me to the extreme? Are we the same, you and I? If not in personality, then in skills maybe? No matter your reasons, if you don’t hold back for me, then I’ll just have to defeat you for you to tell me.” Robert was lost in thought. Realizing it, he continued to eat and laid aside he’s comrade mysterious ways. “Speaking of Sirius, where is he? I haven’t seen him since I got here.” Asked Robert of Smith.

“Honestly, I have no idea. I imagine, he must have found something interesting to scout, otherwise he’d be back by now.” Answered Smith.

“How long has he been gone?” asked Robert.

“Two days. Haven’t seen him for two days. He must really be following something. In any case, I’m sure he’ll be back to inform us of his finding. He’s not the type to ever get lost either.” Assured Smith.

Sirius was indeed the best tracker in Henri. He could find anyone or animal. Even someone who didn’t want to be found. His tracking skills were like an extension of his arms. They were a part of him and he couldn’t rid himself of the gift. Two days and half ago, when all was quiet and calm, after the battles were fought and one eyed giants were no more, Sirius noticed, didn’t see anything, but noticed something peculiar among the branches. Green leaves were falling from the branches above. He only noticed it. The branches being thick at the top of the trees, made a perfect spot for a spy. From that height, and within those thick branches, someone or something would be in a perfect position to observe everything happening below. And so without giving away the fact that he noticed whatever was in trees, he kept an eye on it.

When it left the forest, Sirius tracked it down without revealing to the perpetrator that he was doing so. Leaving his armor behind, he only had his weapons and cloak. A cloak that was dark black on one side for night time or dark places, and green on the other to hide within the forest during day or night time. It has been in fact three days that Sirius was tracking the enemy. An enemy that was highly intuitive. Different from its kind. It was smart to stay among the tree top and not come down like its kind did. It was highly intelligent to stop every now and then to check and make sure no one was following. Better yet, it was going around in circles trying to lose whomever was following it. And effort it gave up, since Sirius never revealed his presence.

It was on that third day, nearing the border with Serdio that Sirius learn of a bigger plot that would upset the balance of power in both nations. There at the border, the thing that was hopping among the trees, made land fall. Sirius still hidden, seeing what he was tracking down, now really had reasons to stay hidden. One false move would mean not just the end, but a cruel torturous one.

There at the border the beast he was tracking was walking toward Serdians soldiers. Though Sirius could feel fear rising just at the sight of it, the soldiers weren’t the least bit scared. The beast that was before him, was of the same kind that they killed. One eyed club wielding giant. The only difference was that it was a greyish white and a lot taller than the others. Surprise at the turn of events, Sirius was contemplating to go back and warn the King, when the unexpected happened. It talked.  

“I lost my brothers. The humans killed them. I saw a human giving orders. Must have been the one in charge, but not the one we’re looking for. He wasn’t wearing a crown. He must be in the fields. We should attack now. They are apart. With them gone, the land will be easy to overtake.” Said the beast to the Serdian soldiers.

“Doesn’t matter,” said the soldier, “the general has changed his plans. More of your kind and others were able to escape the barrier. We no longer need to destroy Henri to get overthrow the crown. We have enough numbers now to defend the border as we attack the castle. All who aren’t with us, we kill.”

“Leave those who won’t join our ranks to us. Just focus on eliminating the crown. For that barrier to fall, we need to get rid of the crown. One of them carries the seal to unlocking the barrier. Kill everyone, leave none alive.” Said the beast as it turn and headed toward a dark spot in the forest.

“What do they call you?” yelled the soldier to the beast before leaving.

Turning around, the one eye club giant looked at the soldier and said, “We are cyclops.”

Continuing its walk toward the shadow, the cyclops stopped, as the shadow itself grew and expanded toward it. Sirius was witnessing all this. He did not dare move, did not dare speak. Did not dare breathe. One wrong move it’ll be the end. He now took to heart the stories of what laid within that barrier. Of its origin. But most importantly of what, or rather, whom laid at its center. And if the royals of Serdio held the key to keep it lock, then it was time for both kings to set aside their differences.

Sirius watched as the shadow crew in came closer and closer to the cyclops. “NO! It can’t be.” Realize Sirius. The shadow wasn’t growing. It wasn’t expanding. It was in itself alive. What seem like a shadow was in fact a living beast. It absorb even the sunlight, which is why Sirius first thought it was a shadow. Expanding its wings and walking up to the cyclops, Sirius could decipher its form. It was a dragon. A black dragon.

“Tish.” Said the cyclops.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2.1K 35 18
Sequel to Long Live Evil. Sierra Turner is back again, but with a whole new story. Last book we find out she was cursed and now has full control of i...
19.8K 303 13
Y/n. Daughter of Maleficent and little sister of Mal. The VKs are forced to go to Auradon and try and steal The Fairy Godmother's wand in hopes to fr...
34.7K 3.3K 23
(Read Book 1: Blood Rider first! This is the second book of the series.) The war with the Queen of Linos is over, and Eli is content in the land of e...
36 0 4
Descendants (Rated R) Fan-fiction 💘😈⚫️ An announcement is made that the Disney villains kids can go to the school of the Disney Princesses and...