Chapter 5 - The Three

Approaching the tent, a loud snore could be heard coming from the inside. "Man, even while sleeping he's loud," said the soldier who was sent to get Black. "Come to think of it, I don't think I've ever seen him as quiet as Sirius," thought the soldier. Clearing his throat, he entered the tent. "Um, um, lieutenant, commander requests your presence at once." There was no response from Black. The soldier tried it again, "Um, lieutenant?" He talked louder, "Sir Black, sir?" Getting closer he yelled this time, "YOUR PRESENCE IN NEEDED AT ONCE NEXT TO SIR SMITH." The man was still sound asleep without a care in the world.

"What is all this ruckus, so early in the morning?" a voice was heard saying.

"For crying out loud, who's the moron disturbing my peace?" said the second person.

Startled and alarmed the soldier turn around eying the tent in search of the men that spoke up.

"Down here moron?" said the second man. Down on the both side of Black's bed laid the two men. They well so well blended among all that armor and fur that the soldier failed to noticed them.

"Come on John, I know you haven't slept for two days but still, this soldier must have a reason to come in waking up Black. Be a little polite would you." Said the first.

"Always the polite one uh Robert? I freaking need my sleep. State your business idiot." Ordered John of the soldier.

Straightening himself, yet scared that he stood in the presence of an angry lieutenant, he informed both men what he was asked to do.

"I see," reply a somewhat calm yet still annoyed. Raising up a leg John kicked Black as hard as he could on his side whilst still laying down. "Wake up, loud mouth!" shouted he. "Smith needs your assistance!" Black was as solid as a stone. "Was he drinking last or something?"

"Lieutenant Black hasn't been drinking sir. He's been up the last five days, sir, surveying the forest for giants." Informed a cautious soldier.

"Ah, he must have found them quite the challenge if he went that far to hunting them down." Said Robert sitting up to face the soldier. "Well, I guess all go instead. If this continues any longer will have two irritated sleep deprive men fighting in this tent. It's best I go so they may rest."

"I, I shall inform the commander then." Said the soldier.

"No need for that, just go back to your post." Ordered Robert.

"Yes sir." Acknowledge the young soldier. But before he could completely turn around, Robert asked him a question, "What time is it by the way?"

"I believe it somewhere around seven close to eight," said the soldier as he bowed and left.

"Oh man, seriously. I haven't gotten a full 4 hours rest and I am already being disturbed. I knew I should have gone in the forest away from prying eyes and loud mouths to sleep." Complained a tired John. Robert couldn't blame him, having had to endure the king's relentless and careless thirst for fights and adventures, they and the men with them, barely got enough sleep. Always hopping all over the place whenever a creature of the dark forest was discovered. In fact they barely got to fight themselves. But in the end, King Bervard was still their ruler and they had to intervene whenever circumstances appeared fatal.

"We swore an oath John, remember?" said Robert as he had a rather serious look on his face while he grabs his weapons. Standing over his companion on the ground he continued, "We lost too many good men back then. That's why we go wherever he goes. His recklessness leaves trails of blood. But strong and kind he is though. We fight for those we lost, and those we don't want to lose. Make sure you're fully rested. If Philip needs two of us in the same place, he must fear something. I'll take first point." Said a stern Robert as he left before John could even acknowledge that he remembered that oath.