Chapter 2 - Evil Set Free

Turning back to Liz, Kalyr could see that she understood every last one of Zig commentary about wife, kids and love. She was blushing. She was blushing because that too she could hear among men from where she was, and always wondered what it was like. What it's like to be married, to have children, to love and then die.

Changing the subject, Kalyr asked "so, what is there to be seen from up here?"

"To be seen?" questioned a puzzled Liz

"Yeah, like is there a waterfall, a hidden glowing lake or something? An unknown creature? Basically, my question is, what is your favorite thing to do up here?"

"Ah, I see. Well, I don't know. There is a lake to left of my well behind the tree lines, but it doesn't glow. There is a waterfall over at the bottom of that hill to your right, however you probably don't want to go diving in; it is the one that falls at the foot of the mountain."

"Yeah, let's not do that."

"But, my favorite thing to do is to watch the night's sky." Admitted Liz.

"What's so special about that? I gaze at it often when I am down..." Kalyr responded but stop once he looked up. "Wow, they're bigger. The stars are bigger!"

"Yep! Sometimes I get lost in thought just looking at them." Said Liz as she admired the stars. "Kalyr, the stars are up there, not my face."

"You're right. The stars are not on your face. But from what I can see, the stars aren't the only beauty worth admiring tonight." Boldly said Kalyr. Though you couldn't tell under the cover of the night sky, but Liz was blushing uncontrollably.

Unbeknown to the two, someone was slowly closing in on them from behind. The intruder was ever so silent. So light on his feet was he that he now knelt behind in between Liz and Kalyr. "So," said the man, as he interrupted the romantic atmosphere, "has he asked you to marry him yet?" Said Zig as he hurriedly ran from Kalyr.

"Zig!" yelled a startled Kalyr, "really, you just can't help yourself can you?" Said he as he chased Zig down the garden he just came from.

Chasing Zig, Kalyr stumbled upon Abe who now was chuckling at the situation. "Abe, where'd Zig go?" For Zig was a faster runner. The fastest you can say.

"Straight ahead!" Exclaimed Abe. And with that, Kalyr took off after him. He in no way would harm him. They had been friends since childhood.

Nearing his sister Abe asked Liz in a normal tone at first, "Did tell him that you're immortal?"

"No, I didn't. But I think he already figured that out."

"You know they can't stay up here, don't you? Especially Kalyr. He'll distract you from your task." Retorted a bitter Abe. Bitter, because her sister had found something he could not without leaving the mountain top. Bitter, that she was satisfy with just this moment even if it didn't last long. Bitter that she could be she can have so little yet be content. Bitter that, she got more attention than he did. That his well was sealed shut and none could drink from it, yet from hers it was freely given and encourage.

So jealous was he that his emotions started stirring the darkness that laid in his well. So stirred was it that it started the dark forces that were sealed were sipping their presence from the well. The borders of the well glowed darkish red. Kalyr who was still trying to catch Zig, sense something was wrong. Looking back toward where he left Liz and Abe, he had this growing feeling of fear, anger and death. Without a seconds notice, he ran back. Zig, who was hiding in the bushes, seeing the look on his friend face, knew something was up. The only time he ever had such a look on his face, was 5 years ago. 5 years ago Kalyr's wife was pregnant. They were out hunting when it happened. When his wife died. She died in labor with the child. But Kalyr, he sensed her distress, he sensed something was wrong. The look on his faced is the same as the one he has on now. Without wasting anymore time, he ran after him. Having traveled deep within the mountain terrain, they had a long ways to go.