She Becomes A Passive Villain...

By HalloweenGodspell

Falling into the fiery hell she created must've been the perfect way for her to die. The other woman would th... More

Prologue
A child?!
Like A Jinx!
Fragrant and Sweet
An Awkward Gaping Duck
I'll overlook it!
Aye! He's a jerk!
Athanasius
The Crown Prince
Overwrite His Touch!
Pain, Pain Fly Away!
Sure, You're Not.
Rubea of the East
Resurrected the Great Demon Lord
Am I The Father?
Touch-Me-Not
When She's My Wife
A Damsel-In-Distress
Little Family Trip
Already Given You My Life
This Prince!
A Knight To Protect You!
Crocodile Tears
Going Back To See Father
My Swords
Open the Gates of Hell
Two Needy Animals
Fairest of Them All
A Father's Gratitude
The One Meant to Lead
Cold Water. Ice. You.
Hold Your Hand
Let's Run Away!
One Way or Another
Happy Wife, Happy Life
Thanks for the Treat!
How To Shut Her Up?
Monitor him!
Alexander Vuori
Just a Tour Guide
Bother Only Me
Princess of the Alynthi Kingdom
To Conquer Him
Smile at Me, Please
Jasmine Scent
Wolves Ganging Up A Sheep
She's not
It Was You
Maiden of Light
My Lovely Adira
Always Had Your Heart
Golden Orbs
Her New Butler?
A Pair of Monsters
Not Enough
That Dragon is My Son!
As Long As It's You
My Dearest
Mommy's Only Baby!
Heise's Family
Dragon or Not
Saved Daddy's Soul
Not Anymore
I'm Telling Mommy
What Can You Give?
All Of It Is Yours
Our Son
Thank You!
Don't Let Her Go
In His Every Move
Ugly and Dangerous
Nothing but Fabrications
Please Mommy
His Coping Mechanism
Something Important
As Bright As Sunshine
Mommy is Here
The Highest Seat
The Boy's Mother
Can't Lie To Me
Let It Burn
The Phoenix
My Only Truth
Adira's Light
As His Wife
Phoenix Queen
The Sylveris Castle
My Vow To You
Aren't We?
His Queen
Suffer For A While
Isn't That Sad?
Not at all
Tenting Problem
A Monster
How to Kill?
Alexander's Woes
The Greenhouse Angel
In the Middle of the Night
Always Magnificent
Fed to You
Melissa Niveria
Please Love Me
Prince Casimir 2.0
One Life
The Nightmare
Adira's Jealousy
Bewitching
My Hero
A Life For A Life
The Little Sewer Rat
Ten Days
A Mother's Fury
A Warning
Wake the Slumbering Demon
A Hidden Lover!
Just You and Me
I Need My Wife
The God of Destruction
All The Bits And Pieces
He Remembers
A Warning, Reminder and a Promise
My Sunshine (Epilogue)
Afterstory

The Apple of their Eyes

81.9K 4.3K 1.8K
By HalloweenGodspell

"... Understand? These communication crystals that will be given to you are directly connected to our crystals. So if you find yourselves in danger, connect it to us!"

The professor ended his long speech about safety before students ventured into the forest. They formed groups of five among themselves and Adira, with her unlucky stars, got mixed with Triton as well as Iris and a girl classmate she remembered was Melissa Niveria, daughter of Baron Niveria.

Also, needless to say, Casimir, after pulling some strings behind everyone's back, belonged to Adira's group as well. Wherever she goes, he's there.

"Don't do anything reckless! Does everybody understand?"

After the professor's final reminder, Casimir turned to Adira which caught her attention.

"What're you looking at me for?" She asked with an aggrieved expression.

Casimir smirked at this and just shrugged his shoulders. Surely, even if he says it, she won't believe how much she attracts trouble it's almost unbelievable.

"I'm here anyway." He mused.

Triton, who stood beside Adira just a few feet away, watched their interaction and felt annoyed with this white head that just pops wherever Adira is.

I mean, why do you follow her wherever? Even to her field trip? Shouldn't you be doing your responsibilities as the student council's president back at the campus? Isn't this an abuse of your power?

He thought to himself while keeping a glare to the back of that annoying pile of white hair.

At first, he was incredibly surprised to see him alight from Adira's carriage and promptly held his hand to help her down.

But now, he's just thoroughly annoyed at the thought that the chance to monopolize Adira during this field trip was suddenly dashed just like that by this irritating prince.

...

Each group entered the forest at different established entrances and officially started their activity.

Casimir, who was not originally part of their class, tagged along and helped Adira's group. They were, by far, the most efficient and fastest group.

"Ah!" There was cry from behind Adira that made everyone turn their heads and the moment she turned around, she saw Iris clinging to Casimir.

"I'm... I'm sorry! Please forgive me, your highness! I didn't notice the rock and tripped on it." She apologized bashfully, her cheeks dusted with red tint.

Wow, how obvious can you be girl?

Adira watched with an unbelieving and mocking gaze before she turned around again.

"Adira." Triton called her name before he quickly corrected himself and said, "I mean, Lady Sylveris. Please watch your step. I can help you, if you don't mind."

He smiled like the perfect gentleman that he is and offered his hand to help Adira step over a log.

"No. It's quite alright, Lord Dalriada. I can help myself." Adira politely rejected his offer, but he took it upon himself to take the initiative and held Adira's hands.

"It's fine to depend on others (me) sometimes."

But I don't want to! Please stop doing things like this before you lose your hands!

She groused in her head while feeling that undeniable chill from her back.

Oh dear God! Please save our souls!

Melissa, the only odd one out of their group, had been watching the two men—both of high status in looks and in reputation—each assisting a lady. She kind of pretty much figured out their set up after spending a few hours observing them.

The Prince and the Lady Sylveris was, without a doubt, an item. They were fiancees after all and it was widely known across the empire.

Lord Dalriada, most probably, has a thing for Lady Sylveris and this Lady Latifolia obviously has a thing for the Prince. You could pretty much guess that with how she acts around the Prince—always desperate to get his attention.

She understood her though. No one in the entire empire can resist this prince's charms, you know?

Now, the apple in the eyes of the empire's two top bachelors, Lady Sylveris, is a little bit hard to figure out.

Sure she's a lot closer to the crown prince but she's also friendly with Lord Dalriada, all thanks to the latter's constant advances.

Is it just me? Or is it a little bit too chilly all of a sudden?

...

They used their remaining time exploring the forest a bit, while not going too deep inside, after they finished their tasks.

Adira, guarded by Casimir all the time—literally, like a shadow that followed her wherever she went—was waving vines out of the way when she felt something under her hand.

Curious, she pulled the vines off. Totally not caring about the small thorns on it, but the other cared. His visage distorted disapprovingly at the recklessness of this girl.

What if that plant is poisonous?

But, of course, he checked all the plants that surrounded them first while they roamed. Since he recognizes a lot of them, he made sure Adira didn't stray too close to anything dangerous or poisonous.

So if she was near this vine, it meant it's relatively safe. He just didn't like seeing the small scratches on her skin and her not caring one bit.

This girl.

Wordlessly, he reached out and stopped her from ripping out more of the vines and held her hands.

"Casey?" Distracted from mercilessly riving out the vines, Adira looked up to his cold platinum eyes and immediately wondered why he was upset.

Wow. Should I be happy how easily I can tell there's something wrong with him at a glance? Or should I be creeped out?

Still not speaking anything to her, he removed his gloves off his hands and wore it on hers. The difference in the sizes of their hands was so adorable Adira couldn't help but smile.

"Are you upset with the scratches on my skin?" Finally figuring out the reason for the change in his mood, she asked with a happy smile.

There was a complicated look on his face as he watched her happy smile. He didn't know whether he should let her off because she's too adorable? Or should he be more upset since she didn't seem to regret anything at all?

"Thanks, Casey. I'm fine though but still, Thank you! In the end, I'm very glad you came with me."

Because if not for his efficiency, would we even be able to finish early and enjoy this much free time?

He looked surprised with Adira's words and unconsciously patted her on the head.

Seriously, please don't smile like that in front of other men.

He silently pleaded in his heart and let her do whatever she wanted, while he watched over her contentedly.

Well, this trick was something Adira learned from the years they spent together. Pacify him, act cute and voila, you get to do whatever you want!

She learned that Casey was a lot like her brother and father in this sense. They were too weak with her cute antics.

After she wore Casimir's gloves, she resumed to venting out her pent up frustrations from having to deal with both Triton and Iris everyday.

Luckily, Casimir proposed that they explore individually but everyone must be within earshot so everyone will be able to act appropriately if something happens.

This was like a silent warning to everyone else though, unbeknownst to the only oblivious Adira, not to interfere with their alone time.

So they separated from the other three.

After she successfully cleared the vines, she found this small tunnel-like hole, small enough to fit her, stretching deeper.

This... Isn't this too familiar?

She thought to herself and whipped her head around to study her surroundings. It looks just like it. The path she mistakenly stumbled into and found Heise!

But... I am not yet supposed to find Heise at this point in time. If I remember it correctly, it should be a few months more.

She pondered on it for a bit. Casimir noticed the rustling has stopped and he checked what she was doing. She was there, a lady from a ducal family, down on all fours as she stared at something.

His brows creased when he got curious as to what was so interesting in there that made her pause. It was a small hole that formed something like a tunnel. It was too small for anyone.

But maybe...

Before he could even finish his thought, imagine his horror when she suddenly crawled in!

"Adira!" He raised his voice but it was as if the lady couldn't hear him and she continued to crawl in.

He rushed towards her but was too late. She's already deep into the hole, still crawling forwards.

"Adira! Goddamnit!" He cursed and tried to fit himself into the hole. But it was as if the hole was made solely for her and refused to accept anyone else.

He jumped up to his feet and went back to get the other two girls. Maybe they can fit inside.

But when he returned, with the perplexed girls in tow, the hole had mysteriously vanished.

Casimir was sure that it was the right place, he was never wrong especially when it's important, but the hole was not there anymore. As if it wasn't there in the first place.

Damnit! Something specifically intended to lure Adira in!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

227K 7.4K 78
ENGLISH An orphaned high school girl trying to live a normal life was caught up in a bullying issue which made her high school life difficult. One ti...
505K 30.8K 37
"Don't touch that man." "Why not?" "He has a beast guarding him." I am that beast; Nora. I woke up as the villain of this book, destined to die after...
104K 1.4K 7
Awakening to find myself in a world teeming with magic, dragons, and fantastical wonders was like stepping into the pages of a novel - quite literall...
18.6K 581 33
I was the daughter of Duke Solon, I thought I was the last child. My elder brother is following in my father's stead. We were never really close. We...