The Artist [BxB] (COMPLETED)

By MonetPill

Kim Jinsoo is an amateur artist. He doesn't know what he's doing but the outcome is always the most sophistic... More

The Artist
Awkward Greetings
Coincidence
Red, Orange, Yellow
Basketball
Notebook
Kindness is A Virtue
Home run?
Memory
Plan B
Forever River
Picture Perfect
Anger, bruises, and Textbooks
Deja Vu
Seo-yun
Gift
Im Fine
Read
Alone
Realization
Confession
Hope
Doubt
Comfort
Rival
Falling in Love
Day One
Big Question
Unable to Remember

Lives Parted

319 25 3
By MonetPill

A/n

Guys! The book is almost coming to an end! I hope you guys enjoy the few chapters left and like this one too! Be sure to suggest my story to anyone who likes this genre in particular!

________

[Kim Jinsoo]

"Is this Kim Jinsoo?"

"Y-Yes...?"

"Great, we need to know whether you are in contacting distance from the Pyeongtaek St.Mary's Hospital."

"W-Why?"

"I'm sure you are familiar with the name Min-Seo, correct?"

I paused. "That's my mom..."

There was a noticeable silence on the other end.

"O-oh...I'm sorry..."

"Wait, What h-happened...?"

There was a slight pause on the phone, which caused my heart rate to increase dramatically.

"Your mother was found passed out due to a drug overdose last night. Apparently she was like this for more than seventeen hours. We don't know whether she'd make it..."

I dropped the phone onto the ground. 'My m-mom...hospitalized...'

Sangwoo walks out of the bathroom and noticed my state. "What's wrong?" The voice from the phone was muffled but it didn't matter because I wasn't able to hear anything.

"Jin, what's wrong?"

Suddenly, my eyes started to water. "N-no...this cant be..."

I picked up the phone from the ground and out it closely to my ear.

"Hello? We need to know whether you're available to co-"

"Yes! Yes I am!" I was panicking. Short breathed, watery eyes, red face.

"Great, we will be expecting you soon."

The line hung up leaving the silence of the air linger into my head. The thought of my mom hospitalized didn't help the matter.

Today Sangwoo and Hajoon were painting and I was planning to go out with Jennie but hen I got the call.

"I need to get home," I whispered.

"What? Why do you need to go home?" Sangwoo asked.

I didn't respond and immediately started to pack my belongings. Sangwoo grabbed my wrist to stop me but I forcefully pushed him away.

"Jin, we don't leave until tomorrow. Why are you in such a-"

"I need to go home!" I shouted, silencing Sangwoo. "O-oh, s-sorry. I'm having some...problem right now." I continued to the pack my stuff as Sangwoo observed me.

"Do you need a ride back?" He asked.

I paused. "I-I do..."

He nods and began to type on his phone. Once he finished he puts it back into his pocket. "He'll be here in five."

I thanked him with a hug. "Thank you Sangwoo. I don't know what I'd do with you..."

He hugged me back and fixed his shirt. "I'll be heading out now. Wish me luck, okay?" I nodded and went back to my packing.

*

By the time I finished, a black car pulled up in front of the entrance of the hotel. I hauled my bags with me in a hurry to the car,

The person in the car wore a suit and had shades. "Where to?"

"O-oh, the Pyeongtaek St.Mary's Hospital p-please..."

He gives me a surprised look. "All the way there?!" I bowed my head lowly in shame. "I'm s-sorry, is that too far?" He shakes his head, "I get paid extra from Joon whenever I go farther places."

I thanked him and we were ready to head out.

*

After a thirty minutes of awkward silence, we've arrived at Pyeongtaek St.Mary's Hospital. I thanked the driver and began to gather my belongings and heading through the doors of the emergency room.

I was greeted with bright lights and a waiting room absence of people. I walked to the front desk where a lady was typing on her keyboard. She notices me and stops.

"What can I do for you today?"

I set down my bag. "I'm here to check on Min-Seo," I said a little too fast. But who could blame me, my moms life was on the line. She types into the computer and stops after a few seconds. Her face immediately turns down. "What...what is your relationship with Min-Seo?" She asks very slowly.

"S-she's my mom," I said, strong yet worried. She looks at me with eyes that could on be defined as 'pain' or sorrow'.

"Min-Seo was pronounced deceased ten minutes ago," she says slowly. "I'm sorry..."

I suddenly felt cold. My finger tips felt nothing. My heart stopped beating. I couldn't feel anything. "S-she's gone..?"

The receptionist odder sorrowfully. I stared blankly at the doors to the emergency rooms. "If it helps, she's in room 205." I nodded, slowly. I picked up my bag in a sloth like manner and made my way through the doors. There were doctors walking back and fourth with masks and headbands.

"Excuse me sweety," says a polite nurse. "You're not allowed in this area unless you have some special access saying otherwise."

I stared at her, blankly and void of emotion. "Ummm, excuse me?" She says once again. I was brought back to reality and regained my consciousness.

"O-oh, I'm here to see Min-Seo. I'm her s-son..."

The nurse's face immediately softens. She places a hand on my shoulder and leads me down to the room. We walked in to see my mom on the operation bed, pale and absent of motion. The sight only made me want to cry.

"I'm sorry. Your mother passed just a few minutes ago..."

I nodded in a very slow manner. "I know..."

I walked over to my mom and placed my hand on her head. "I-I'm sorry wasn't able to make it..." My throat began to tighten. "I-I'm sorry I w-wasn't able to prevent this..."

Then came the sobs. "I'm sorry...I'm sorry...I'm sorry..."

My tears poured from eyes in a constant flow and made the other people in the room start to cry. "M-mommy...I wish I could've said goodbye one last time...."

The nurses started to sniffle and wipe their eyes. I planted a kiss on my moms forehead. "Go see daddy." I regained my posture and wiped my tears.

"Thank you for notifying m-me," I said to the doctor. "I wish I was a little closer so I could've said bye..."

Suddenly, I fell forward onto the nurse who was larger than me. I sobbed and rubbed my face into her uniform, she welcomed me with her arms and hugged me tight.

"It's going to be okay..."

I sniffled and glanced back at my mom. My eyes started to water again and I began to sob louder and clench the doctors jacket. "P-please tell me this i-isn't real..." I murmured. He shook his head and out his hand on my head.

"I'm sorry..."

*

I pulled out my phone and dialed Jae's phone number.

She picked up after three rings.

"What are you sniffing about?"

"J-Jae...can I stay at your place?"

There was a pause on the other side.

"Sangwoo did this didn't he?"

"W-what n-"

"I told you Jin! He was a player! And now you're coming to me for some advice when I told you so! Not this time Jin! Not this time! I'm done with you being all cry baby to me whenever you have problem that could've been prevented at the beginning! Just leave me alone!"

She hangs up leaving me in a complete state of disparity.

________

[Oh Sangwoo]

After Jin left, I went ahead and did the competition with hope that I'd at least get in the rope fifties. However, I couldn't hell but wonder why Jin was in such a hurry to leave. But, it was none of my business to butt in.

I wanted to, but I knew that he didn't want to talk about, he seemed like he was in a rush too.

Anyway, after completing the final day of the competition, the committee will be announcing the winners around twelve. This gave me a lot of time to prepare for our departure back to the school. Obviously I was riding with my butler.

"Hey Sangwoo!"

I turned around to see Siwoo and a girl. Siwoo played on the basketball team as co-captain. I played captain.

"Siwoo? What are you doing here?" I asked, putting my hands in my pocket.

"Just taking Sua out, that's all," he says squeezing the girl. I glanced at her and realized she was staring at me. "T-that's Oh Sangwoo..." she whispers.

I gave her a slight smile and she immediately fell on Siwoo. "I met Oh Sangwoo!"

Siwoo didn't look too pleased and left without saying much of a goodbye. I wondering back to the hotel and began packing when a girl come up from behind me.

"Do you know where Jinsoo is? We planned on going out today," the girl asks.

I look behind me at her. "He left earlier this morning. He was in a rush though." I stood up. "How do you know Jin?"

She smiles. "Well, both him and I competed on the same day. We sat next to each other, so."

I nodded. "Cool."

She leaves shortly leaving me to pack alone. Hajoon enters the room a few moments later.

"Where's Jin?"

"Hey left earlier this morning," I say slightly agitated. I was getting tired of people asking where Jin was. "Don't need to be so fierce," he say walking over to his suitcase.

I finished and zipped up my backpack. "Are you going to the award ceremony to see who won the contest?" I asked. He nods, "I am, but probably not for long."

I give a slight nod and began my way out of the hotel to the already parked car reserved for me. I haven't been getting much attention by on goers because of my absence in photo shoots. But, I'd probably get back into them once I leave the competition.

I loaded my stuff into the trunk and made my way towards the museum when someone started calling my name.

"Sangwoo~"

I turned around to see Ji-Jae standing with some of her usual girl friends. "Ji-Jae? What are you doing here?" She struts over to me in an unpleasant manner. "To cheer for you obviously! Word has been going around that you were here so I decided to show up."

I nodded reluctantly. "Yeaaa, it's not an aggressive competition. It's an art competition."

She shrugs. "Art, sports, same thing." She grasps onto my arm. "Come one, lets walk together!" I laugh uncomfortably and began my way to the award ceremony.

We arrive through the doors, which were flooded with people. Some had cameras that kept flashing and girls kept squealing.

"Oh Sangwoo! We have been waiting for your arrival. Please, take a seat in our guest of honor." The board of directors displayed a seat that was more...adequate than the others.

I nodded and took the seat. "Your friend won't be able to sit with you, unfortunately." They said. Hi-Jae scoffs and flips her hair. "Why not!?"

"This area is permitted to only the highest of persons. Unless you are his..."

"I am his girlfriend!" She said proudly. I have at her. "No were n-"

"And if you don't let me sit next to him I can contact Joon right now!" She yells. I pulled her wrist and whispered into her ear. "Stop this, now." She shrugs me off and continues to yell.

I rub my temples as she fussed.

"O-okay, sorry..."

The board gave her a chair and placed it right next to mine. She took the seat in a haughty manner, sticking her tongue out at the cameras.

*

"We are happy to say that many of our students who participated in the competition did very well," says the director. "However, the top three picks were given to those who expressed their art with emotion and meaning!" He walks over to three easels covered with different colored cloth.

"In third place we have Jo Dae-Baek and his painting," he lifts up the cloth to reveal a work that portrayed multiple colors in a form of a female. It was very good. The photographers took many pictures as the director continued.

"And in second place, we have Ko Seungjae with his art," he pulls the cloth to unveil a realistic painting of the museum. But, the painting contained more details about the aesthetic of the museum and how the architecture was unique. I do t know, but this one was good too.

The director finally moves over to the final one, covered with a blue cloth. I hoped that it was Jin. I know he was going to win.

"This one is by Kim Jinsoo, the winner of first place!" The director removed the cloth to reveal an incredible painting. It contained very meticulously painted snowflakes that looked more realistic than real life, I clapped loudly getting the attention of others.

"I asked Jinsoo what was the reason behind his painting and he said that with a warm heart you'll be able to melt the cold snowflakes. That's why the snowflakes you hold melt indicate your loving heart," he finishes.

I clap again after hearing the explanation. More so, I was proud that Jin won.

*

"What!?"

"You're moving with me and you can't do anything about it," my dad says.

"You didn't give me enough time!"

"I told you you had until the end of the year when you started school. Your mother told me that it was up to you. I told her that you preferred to be with me."

"T-that's not true!"

"Too late. I've already made reservations for moving. Your mother will be living somewhere else. We will be living in states."

I paused in total shock. "The States!?"

"Yes."

"Y-yo—wha—how—?"

"Sangwoo, we already made divorce settlements. You're coming to live with me and no more questions. Bye."

"W-wai-"

He hung up.

I grumbled and immediately called my mom. She didn't pick up.

Then I called Jin. He didn't pick up.

No one was picking up.

I went on twitter to notice that I was again on trending. For the same reason too.

"Sangwoo's Girlfriend?"

It was a picture of Ji-Jae and I sitting at the award ceremony. The picture of Ji-Jae kissing me also resurfaced. I turned off my phone and put my face in my hands.

"Why?"

_________________

A/n

Me is big sad :((((

The ending is competing guYs!!! This chapter was a hard one to write from the tears that kept coming in my eyes. This book will have an end of maybe 31 chapters?? It has been a long road but now we have finally come to an end.

Or have we?

-b.b.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

8.6K 411 23
Lee Han was a normal teen guy, a ordinary popular guy in his High School with a tight friend group. Taesan was a ordinary nerdy sweet guy, not compl...
349K 13.2K 75
Jisoo Kim isn't the marrying type. Anything but that. Marriage, for her, is out of the question. And yet, through some sick and confusing twist of fa...
28.9K 2.9K 54
[PART II/STANDALONE] Met during the celebrations of their best friend's wedding, the two are suggested to each other and somehow become potential bus...
162K 5.2K 38
my bounty is as boundless as the sea, my love as deep. the more i give to thee, the more i have, for both are infinite. - william shakespeare. lisa i...