To Catch A Speedster

By AngelFullbuster

Ever wondered what happened to wally after he disappeared? What about Artemis and the others? Well read and f... More

Proloug
Chapter 1: Welcome Back
Chapter 2: Change
Chapter 3: Family Reunion
Chapter 4: Old Team, New Misson
Chapter 5: You Are to Me
Chapter 6: Female Furries!?
Chapter 7: Power Cell
Chapter 8: A Speedster Mystery
Chapter 9: Arctic Rescue
Chapter 10: Apokoliptic Reverlation
Chapter 11: Beach Day
Chapter 12: Gotham Training
Chapter 13: Trip to Apokolips
Chapter 14: A Fury's Wet Dream
Chapter 15: Never a Sidekick, But a Parthner
Chapter 16: A Haunting Thrill
Chapter 17: The Perfect Gift? And A New Threat
Chapter 18: The Machine
Chapter 19: Babysitting
Chapter 20: My power, Your power
Chapter 22: Battery
Chapter 22: I Can't Lose You I....
Chapter 23: The Final Stand
Epilogue

Chapter 21: It Has Began

133 3 3
By AngelFullbuster

Grunts and panting that's all that could be heard throughout the mountain, why you may ask, well there is a simple explanation for that, if you looked in the training room you will see a few hero's training to use their new powers.

Megan was currently teaching Artemis how to use hers while Conner was practicing on controlling his speed. While you were teaching your brother and Wally how to control yours. All the while Kaldur was with Bruce, Jhon and a returned Zatanna.

"Nice work Dick you got the flight down now it's just to learn how to phase" You complemented your twin who was hovering above you.

"Yea but who knew it was such a task to use it" He said landing next to you.

"True but you picked up on it fast" You said.

"That probably has to do with the fact that we learned how to control our emotions together" He said smirking.

"Yea yea yea your a natural" You heard behind you and both turned to see a pouting red head.

Rolling your eyes and letting out a small giggle "come on Walls I told you my powers use my emotions" You said crossing your arms

"I know, I know" He said sighing.

"Dick practice phasing if you need anything i'm over here helping Wally" You said.

"Yea no problem" He said

"Same way how you first used you joy to fly use your fear to start" You said then walked over to the red head, grabbing his hand and dragging him to the kitchen. Taking out two bowls and scooping out some ice-cream and placing one in front of him. Raising an eyebrow he looked at you confused.

"You needed to relax a bit" was your simple answer to the unasked question. "Ok mister pout-a-lot what seems to be the problem? " You asked sitting down next to him.

"I can't seem to control your power" He started frustrated. "I never knew it was so difficult, you make it look so easy" He said looking at you.

"Years of training, eventually you learn to live with it and use it" You said, taking a spoon full bite of ice cream. "I had to first learn how to control my emotions from Bats with Dick, then I had to learn how to control it without my emotions" You explained.

"Your able to control you powers so easily, while I'm getting no luck, I'm sorry if I made it seem like you had it easy" He said.

"Thank you for the apology Wally, and you don't have to worry I know you will be able to control it soon" You said.

"How do you know?" He asked.

"Because you need to want to protect someone to use it, and you always protect the ones you love and care for besides with your heroic heart it will come easy for you" You said placing your hand on top of his.

"You're amazing you know that" He said smiling softly at you and turning his hand around to hold yours intwinging your fingers, this caused you to blush.

"No I'm not" You said looking away.

"Yes you are" He argued back causing you to look at him, "your loving, caring, your headstrong in what you believe in and you take time to help others wether its in suit or out, and not to mention you protect everyone, to me your amazing in every way" He said

It was only then you realized how close he was but couldn't look away from his emerald eyes, as you both leaned in closer. You could feel the heat from his breath on your lips as your eyes fluttered closed.

"What are you doing?" A voice asked, causing you both to jump away from each other both blushing heavily and looking in his direction where you saw Tim, Gar and Bart.

Tim face palmed knowing they just ruined the moment, Bart was currently smirking at his cousin, who glared at him in return partly out of embarrassment and anger for ruining the moment, and finally Gar who was a bit confused by the scene he had just seen.

"O-oh, um hi guys, w-we were just t-talking, oh would you look at that I need to go help Dick now bye" You said laughing nervously and running past the trio.

"Soooo" Bart started.

"Shut it" Wally said walking past them back to the training room.

After some time training, everyone was starting to find it a bit easier to control thier new powers, well all except one. Wally was still having some difficulties.

Xx Meanwhile on Apokolips xX

"Did you do as instructed" Savage asked.

Taking a knee Switcher looked at his leader and nodded his head.

"Good then we proceed to phase two" Savage said.

Xx Back to the heros xX
Xx Time skip to next day xX

Back in the training room a certain duo was still training, this was all to help the red head generate a basic shield. But that was stopped due to an alarm going off, it signaled trouble so you both made your way to where you knew Batman would most likely be waiting.

Finding him soon enough, along with the others, turning to you all he brought up screens of different cities, which displayed a small army of perra demons, each being lead by a female fury.

"Looks like Savage and Dark Seid decided now is the time to start an invasion" You said.

"Yea but why use perra demons, what about his hiponotised meta's? " Arternis questioned.

"Arternis brings up a good point" Kaldur said.

"Maybe Jeran and Jaime rescued them all?" Megan said, saying it more like a question than a statement.

"But if they did then won't they have called us already" Conner said.

"Artemis is right this is to weird" Dick said

"Whatever the reason they are here for a reason" Bats stated, "all of the league teams have already been deployed except you" He said bring up one last screen in a city where you knew all too well.

"Oh no" You said as you saw an army of perra demons was currently creating havoc at Palo Alto.

"You know what to do, Zatanna will stay here to figure out how to return your powers back to you" Batman said nodding you all went to change but you stopped Wally.

"You still don't have control over my powers maybe you should stay back" You said worried he might get hurt. You were still able to fight because Bats trained you to fight with and without powers.

"I'm not leaving you" He said back determined.

Looking into his eyes you saw his determination and nodded going to change. Meeting back up at the Zeta tube you zetaed to Palo Alto and immediately went to work fighting.

Hearing a somewhat deranged laugh behind you, you turned to see Mad Harriet about to slash you. Dropping to a split you dodger her attack then swept her feet from under her jumping back to your feet.

"Nice try psycho" You said taking out your weapon a whip.

Stopping in her tracks Artemris asked, "A whip?".

Nodding your head you explained, "Each Bat-kid has a unique weapon designed for them, Dick's is his ensima sticks, Jason's own was his fists, Tim's own is his staff and mine's -"

"A dominatrix's favorite toy" She said sending a perra demon flying using Megan's powers.

"Focus on the fight" You said back blushing heavily.

After a but more fighting perra demons and Mad Harriet you turned to check on Wally to see him doing well, that is until you say a perra demon sneaking up behind him sneak attack.

Wrapping the whip around a rock, you shouted for the red head to duck, which he did, while you hurled the rock at perra demon effectively knocking it out. However you didn't notice Harriet doing the same and she kicked you to the ground.

Wally upon seeing this ran to your side, after letting out a malicious laugh Harriet lunged at the both of you ready to claw your throats out.

"No" Was all that was heard as a bright light shined causing to you close your eyes, opening them once again you couldn't believe it. In front of you was your knight in shining armor using a shield to protect you both, he had it he created a shield.

"Wally you did it" You said getting up.

"Yea I did didn't I" He said still a bit shocked. Sending her back you ran towards Harriet, and wrapped the whip around her and sent her at a group of perra demons.

You then suddenly felt as if a wave of power rushed over you, confused you again did not notice a perra demon lunging at you, however this time you phased through it. "I have my powers back" You said happily.

"I was finally able to figure out a spell for it" You heard behind you, tu4ning around you saw Z floating to you.

"Thank you Z" You said.

You turned to the enemy team with a look on your face that just screamed,

All the while just giving a smile that can make anyone fear for their life.

"Team maneuver Delta" Kaldur shouted.

You all nodded as Megan and yourself flew in the air, everyone else pushed the perra demons and Harriet back into a circular formation. Megan upon seeing this raised Conner into the air and flung a little further.

Falling back she once again used her powers but as a boost this time, this caused conned to fall a bit fasted until he finally punched the ground creating a shock wave that sent the perra demons and Harriet into the air, where you then used you powers to send a barrage of discs hitting them and sending them back to the ground knocking them out.

Using the water from a nearby hidrant Kal once again gathered them up and this allowed Artemis and Dick to wrap them up. Nodding to Zatanna she opened a portal once more and Wally used his speed to fling them through.

"Nice work team" Kal said as you and Megan landed.

"Just like old times" You smiled, causing the others to smile as well as some let out a small laugh.

Feeling your communicator go off you all answered it hearing Barry on the other end, "Team I am on my way over" He said.

"No need Flash everything is taken care of" You said.

"That's good" You heard behind you.

Turning around you sweatdroped a bit. Shaking your head you all helped the civilians who was trapped in some stores of cafes.

Xx Time Skip xX

After helping the civilians and making a report to Bats, you all went home after a long day, but you had one thing on your mind, "hey Walls" You called him when you both were about to go into your rooms.

"Hmm" Came his response, turning around in the door frame to look at you.

"Thank you for protecting me" You said smiling.

"I will always protect you (Y/N)" He said smiling and leaning on the door frame. This caused you to smile aswell, "but I have a question" He said.

"Shoot" You said.

"You said wanting to protect a person triggers your powers right? " Hme asked.

"Yea" You said curious as to what he was wondering.

"Then what triggered it the first time?" He asked

"The first time I used my powers was with dick actually we were already Robin and Shadow but he was almost shot and I jumped infront of him and well the you can probably guess what happened next" You said.

Nodding his head he was about to enter his room but stopped once he heard you say, "but you were actually the reason I kept using my powers".

Raising an eyebrow in question, you clarified. "Rember I hated my powers at one point, I mean when we first met I never showed I had powers" You said. Seeing him nod to the memory you continued, "well remember the day you found out?" You asked.

"If I recall correctly it was the third time Barry and I came to Gotham" He said.

"Yep, I remember that day vividly, anyways when joker tried to shoot us with his rocket launcher, but it missed and hit a sign on a building" You said.

"Oh yea it was about to fall on a little girl and I rushed over to save her but Haley had thrown one Bats trip rope thing and it wrapped around my feet and I fell next to her instead" He said recalling the memory as best he can.

"Yea it was about to fall on you both" You said.

"And you came in and used your powers to shield us" He said smiling.

"Yea, the little girl hugged me thanking me and while that was sweet what really made me not hate my powers was when you smiled and hugged me as thanks, you said that my powers were cool and asked why I didn't use them more" You said smiling fondly.

"You said you hated them because of how you got them" he said.

Nodding you looked down, "yea while you got your powers by recreating Barry's lab accident I got mine by horrible means" You said.

"You never really ever told me how you got them" He said walking closer to you.

"That's because it's a bad memory" You said then sighed "when our parents died and we were sent to the orphanage I was kidnapped by the same guys that killed our parents, they tortured me and used me as a guinnie pig for their experiments they altered my DNA" You said.

"No wonder you hate them" He said hugging you.

"Yea but like I said it was you who got me to actually like them, Its also the reason I rember that day so clearly" You said looking him in the eyes, "you told me that it didn't matter how I got them even if it was by evil means that it was how I used them and that I was too cute kind and loving to ever use them for evil" You said smiling.

He looked at you returning the smile "it was true back then and it's still true now" He said.

You both spent a little bit longer like that in each other's arms but you soon let go and went back to you rooms, ready for some sleep after the day you had.

(A/N hey guys this marks another chapter see u next time.
.
.
.
Just kidding!)

Before you could enter you room you heard Wally mutter a small "screw it" and turned to look at him confused, you thought you were ready for whatever life threw at you but what you weren't ready for was the feeling of lips against your, but before you could even react as soon as they came they were gone and masked by the shuting of a door.

You soon walked back into your room and processing what exactly took place you placed you hand on your tingling lips and your face grew red as you fainted onto your bed and happily squealing into your pillow, that night you slept soundly and happily not knowing about the looming threat that appeared in you room.

A/N ok now the chapter is really done hehe and I am so happy but sad at the same time cause like I said the book only has a few chapters left 4 left and that includes the epilogue. Oh and be for I forget guess what this boom was chosen to be in the watty's and while I am turely gratefull I don't think I will be sending it in because not only is it not finished but because I never thought any of my books needed to be in it anyways thanks for reading and I will see you next time.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

33.7K 838 26
Robin Wakes up one day to find some very familiar people in his home. That sends a spark around a train of events and join the team and a few others...
234K 6.4K 32
Wally and Artemis Are both having a difficult Time with their feelings towards Each other. Will they end up together? Or will they stay enemies?
105K 3K 12
Failsafe, a seemingly harmless training exercise. That is, till Miss Martin's subconscious accidentally took control of it. Turning it into a traumat...
100K 2K 28
(ARROWVERSE AU- takes place after season six of Arrow and Season Four of the Flash. I've seen both season five and seven and they won't even be close...