Belly of the Beast

Bởi neverfakeit

On the heels of their marriage, Vincent and Reese's bond, not to mention their steamy sex life, is tested whe... Xem Thêm

Into the fire
Foreplay
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Afterglow

Chapter 28

5.4K 407 24
Bởi neverfakeit

The only thing better than waking up with Vincent beside me, was waking up with Vincent fondling me. This happened at nine, midnight, and again at two-thirty when we finally climbed out of bed to make food. Colin picked that time to call and invite himself over, arriving at our door a minute later with a bottle of Remy Martin.

"You up for a drink?" Colin said as he walked in and plopped his butt on a barstool. "I need someone to toast with."

"What are we toasting?" Vincent asked.

"My promise, of course."

"Your promise?" Vincent and I chimed in together.

"Yes, to Claudette. Didn't Mom tell you?"

Vincent reached for his phone. "She may have tried, but I've had my ringer off for a few hours." He continued to feel around his pants pockets then glanced toward the hall. "My phone must still be in the bedroom."

Colin looked at Vincent like he'd grown another head. "Why did you turn off your ringer?"

"I didn't want to be disturbed."

"But you never turn off your..." Colin glanced at me as if he'd just realized I was there. "Nevermind. I get the gist. How are you feeling, Reese? Besides sore."

"Not funny," I said as my face flamed up. "I'm fine. And I'm real happy for you and Claudette. Congratulations."

Colin looked like the kid who'd been picked first as he filled his lungs with air. "Thanks. I know you don't indulge, but you can pour yourself a glass of grape juice or something."

"I think we have cranberry." Before I could make a move for the fridge, Vincent was pulling the bottle out, and Colin chuckled as he watched Vincent grab a wine glass from the cupboard.

"What's so funny?" I asked.

"Nothing."

"You wouldn't have laughed if something wasn't funny."

He shrugged as he sent Vincent a tentative glance. "I just think it's humorous that Vincent waits on you hand and foot. He's never done that for any of us."

"That's not true," Vincent said as he poured juice into the glass. "I took care of Lucy when she broke her ankle and Charleton was in Peru."

"You were twelve. That doesn't count."

"Why doesn't it count?" I said, feeling a rush of love for my fierce gollum with the big heart.

"Because he wasn't cocky back then."

"That's bullshit, and you know it," Vincent argued as he handed me the wine substitute. "I've been cocky since the day I sprouted wings." He let a smirk tweak his lips before rounding the kitchen counter and heading for the hallway. "I'll get the brandy glasses and we'll give you that toast."

When Vincent had disappeared into his office, I took advantage of his absence to probe Colin. "So, whose idea was it? Yours or Claudette's?"

He stared at me for a long moment, his dark eyes piercing me in a way only Colin could get away with. "Does it matter?"

"No. Just call me curious. I'm late to the game and haven't heard all the details of your off-and-on romance with Claudette. I just want you to be happy, that's all."

"And you don't think I'll be happy with her? Does this have something to do with the Sylvie breakup?"

I bit my lip, wishing I hadn't opened my big mouth. "Not so much about the breakup. More about the relationship. You and Sylvie were really into each other."

"Yeah, we were, and I'll always have feelings for Sylvie. But she isn't a gollum. The miscarriage really messed things up for us. I was stupid and reckless, and I hurt her. I did a lot of thinking after that, and I knew I couldn't give her what she deserved."

"So, it was your idea, then?"

"Yes. But, honestly, I didn't think Claudette would accept. I was taking a shot in the dark and it ended-up working out."

Despite Colin's upturned lips, I couldn't help thinking he wasn't all-in with this promise, and based on what I knew about gollums, it could turn out to be another scenario like the one Amelia and Jonathan were battling. I wanted to tell him that he didn't have to get serious right now. That he was still young and had plenty of time, but it wasn't my place to council my brother-in-law on who he should or shouldn't commit his life to.

When Vincent returned, he basically walked into dead silence, and he caught on immediately. "What did I just interrupt?"

"An awkward conversation," I offered as I lifted my glass. "But that's over now and we have a toast to make."

I watched Vincent scrutinize Colin with his penetrating gaze, waiting for him to insist he be told about the conversation. But his post-coital glow couldn't be hampered, and he set the brandy glasses down, gesturing to the unopened bottle.

"Well? Are you doing the honors or should I?"

~ ~ ~

I returned to work Monday morning to a flurry of questions about Mr. Pearlman's passing. John at the security desk let one well-intentioned comment slip, and the media had the story lacquered all over the internet tabloids.

Reese Valentino's surrogate grandfather dies in penthouse apartment after spending last two months being pampered by Valentino family. Apparently, it's good to be queen.

"They twist everything to get more readers," Lindy said as we walked out of the break room with our morning beverages. She had coffee and I had a bottled smoothie.

"I know. If the truth isn't juicy enough, they opt for fiction." I told her as I downed my mango-peach supreme pretending it was a double shot of expresso. When we drew closer to our desks, I noticed a huge bouquet of flowers sitting on mine, and my pace slowed.

"What's the matter, Reese? You feeling alright?"

"I'm feeling fine, and I'd like to keep it that way. Can you see who those flowers are from? I'll wait here."

Lindy glanced at my desk and let out a gasp. "Oh, geez. I never thought a bouquet of flowers could look like a death threat. I'll go check it out."

I figured Dmitry wasn't stupid enough to send flowers again, and I'd already received a sympathy bouquet from my parents. But it never hurt to be extra cautious when you ran with the crowd I did. Lindy's expression brightened as she gave me the green light with a cheerful wave.

"They're from Sam and his wife," she said when I joined her. "I guess he didn't know the story about your rogue clip. We probably should leave the card attached. You want me to read you the inscription?"

"Sure."

"I was sorry to hear about your elderly friend's passing. I'm sure he left you with many fond memories. With our sympathies, Sam and Beth,"

Just then, the phone rang on my desk, and I nearly jumped out of my skin. It was Jill from the front announcing the arrival of our anthology expert, and my day was off to a roaring start. Lindy and I ordered lunch from the deli downstairs, and we hung out in the break room sharing memories from our college days. It felt normal and nice, and by five o'clock, I was ready to chill with my dear husband.

Of course, moments of calm were rare at the Valentino compound, and I was quickly reminded that George and Travis were in town. As soon as I arrived at Wren's place, where everyone had gathered, Vincent found me and slipped his fingers into my hand, greeting me with a kiss to the forehead. "Good day at work?"

"Great day, actually. How's my temp?"

"Perfect. Just like you. Wren made moussaka. I'll get you a plate."

Without letting go, Vincent tugged me toward the kitchen where Wren and Lucy kept the serving trays full. Both of them smiled like silly schoolgirls when we arrived at the counter.

"You look radiant," Lucy said. "I've always thought a girl looks her best when she's with-child."

"Thanks, Lucy. I feel pretty good today. Although I don't think I'll be able to say that at the funeral tomorrow."

Lucy's expression turned sober. "I know, dear. It'll be alright soon. You'll see."

"This is a nice distraction. It looks like Griffin and Travis are enjoying each other's company."

We all turned to look through the glass doors leading to the balcony, where Griffin and Travis sat at the table. Griffin's hands were waving like mad as she talked, while Travis wore a permanent grin.

"There is definitely chemistry between them," Wren offered. "Griffin is hard to keep up with, and he seems to get her. I know it's premature, but wouldn't it be nice if they were destined?"

I continued to watch the two teenagers connect on the patio, thinking about how young they were and how that didn't seem to bother Wren or Lucy as they talked about gollum promises. I felt a nudge on my elbow, and I turned to find Vincent handing me a plate filled with moussaka and Greek salad.

"Would you like to join us?" He gestured toward George and Charleton at the wet bar. "I want you to know what's going on, and I'd hate to catch hell if I forget to tell you something."

"Don't tell me you live in fear of catching hell from me. I'm the perfect mate, remember?" I winked at him as I carried my food over to a barstool and arranged my butt on it. George was wearing his usual California pastels, and he had grown a small triangle of chin hair. "Hi, George. Nice goatee."

He stroked his barely-there beard. "Thanks. I'm trying to change things up a little. Variety is the spice of life, they say. I'm sorry to hear about your neighbor. Vincent tells me he was like a grandfather to you."

"Mr. Pearlman was my first friend when I moved here. He told a lot great stories, but he had a lot of health issues too." I put on a brave face as I took a bite of food, but Vincent wasn't fooled.

"I thought Reese might want to know what to expect now that the field has been cut to three," he said, changing the subject like a true knight in shining armor.

"Who's the third?" I asked before helping myself to more moussaka.

"Isaac Hildalgo from Barcelona," George said. "He's been eager for the supreme position ever since his son came of magister age."

"Is he a good guy?" I said as I chewed.

"He's one of the cronies, but I think he'd be a fair leader," George offered. "Wouldn't you agree, Charleton?"

Charleton shrugged. "I've never had much to do with Magister Hildalgo, but my money's on you."

A blush of pink tinted George's cheeks as he stroked his chin again. "I wouldn't be so sure about that. I think Vincent has a fair chance to beat me out."

"The only votes I'll get are from magisters who want the meetings held in New York," Vincent argued.

"San Francisco is just as nice," I said, trying to put my anxiety to rest. I really didn't want Vincent to become high magister. I barely got to see him as it was.

"Don't worry, Reese," George said. "If Vincent takes the position, you won't have to get involved except to escort your mate to parties."

Although George had missed the point, at least he had picked up on my apprehension. "Parties I can do."

My phone chimed with a text, and I set my plate down to check it. I'd been expecting to hear from Sylvie about her weekend with Ellis, but when I saw Christoph's name instead, I had to work hard not to react. George had engaged Vincent and Charleton in a conversation about the unseasonably warm winter they were having in San Francisco, so I went ahead and read the text.

Hey Reese. I'm sorry about your friend, Henry. Would it be too weird if I came to the memorial?

Huh? He wanted to pay his respects to my deceased neighbor? Was that out of respect for me, or to assuage his guilt for threatening Mr. Pearlman during my abduction?

It wouldn't be weird for me, but why do you want to come?

I liked the old buzzard. And I want to offer my support to you, unless Vincent doesn't want me there.

It doesn't matter what Vincent wants. I'm okay with you coming. Thanks.

Of course. I know how it feels to lose someone you're close to.

He sure did. I glanced up from my phone to find Vincent only half listening to George and Charleton, who had begun to discuss the weather in Barcelona. I knew he was curious about my text conversation, and I had nothing to hide. In fact, there was something else I needed to say while I had Christoph on the other end.

I have to ask a favor of you, but I'll do that tomorrow.

You can't ask now?

It would take too long.

I don't mind. I like our conversations.

Can't now. I'm entertaining visitors.

A party, huh? What are you wearing? JK

Yikes. Time to say goodbye.

See you tomorrow.

By the time our text convo ended, Vincent was nailing me with an unblinking stare. For a guy who used to play the field, he had a jealous streak the size of the East River. But I was building up a thick skin to his moods, so I excused myself to grab a piece of pear tart Lucy was slicing up, and I ended up talking to her and Wren until the post-indulgence tiredness hit me.

After thanking them for the food and conversation, I walked back to Vincent and kissed him on the cheek. "I'm going home to take a nap."

"Okay." Vincent returned my kiss, although it felt a little sterile, and he went back to chatting with George and Charleton. During my short walk to our apartment, I couldn't help thinking he was annoyed. Of course, he was in the company of his comrades, so it wasn't totally out of the norm for him to be distracted, and once I'd stripped down to my undies and climbed between the sheets, all the worries about my mate's jealous tendencies flew out the window.

I must have drifted off quickly because the next thing I knew I woke up with a pair of strong arms wrapped around my waist and a fierce erection jabbing my bottom. Vincent nuzzled my neck as he moaned into my ear, and I reached around to grab his naked ass.

"You better have a good reason for disturbing my nap," I said drowsily.

"I thought my reason would be obvious. I've been waiting an hour for you to wake up."

"I've been asleep for an hour?"

"My guess is you've been asleep at least three. George and I talked for another two after you left."

"Oh. I must be losing my touch. It didn't feel like three hours to me."

"It's probably baby hormones." He spoke of hormones in a sultry tone as he breached the barrier of my panties and sandwiched his hard-on between my butt cheeks. I arched my back, responding to his urgings through a sleepy haze. "Do you mind, babe? I've been craving you ever since you left Wren's apartment."

"I never mind accommodating your cravings, but I'm curious what triggered them."

"Can't a gollum crave his mate without a reason?"

"Of course. Is that what happened tonight?"

Vincent angled himself at my entrance and gave a satisfied grunt as he pushed inside. "Have I become that predictable?"

"Mmm." My reply was half affirmation, half yummy sound as my body responded to his initial drive.

"I know your expressions when you're talking to someone you don't think I'll approve of."

"Which totals one."

"And you don't have to repeat the conversation. I'd just like to know what he said that had you so flushed."

"Can we not talk about Christoph while we're getting busy? Wouldn't you rather I see your face when I come?"

"Dammit, Reese." He growled as he pulled out and flipped me onto my back, looking determined as he yanked my panties off. "Of course, I want you to see my face. In fact, I want you to see what I'm going to do to you next."

Vincent lifted my ass off the bed and slung my legs over his shoulders. Then he buried his mouth between my thighs. As his warm tongue met my tender folds, he purred, sending a vibration echoing through my bones. He kept his gaze locked on my face as he lapped and sucked, tasting what he'd been craving since Christoph made contact. Vincent was an incredibly passionate lover, and this always intensified whenever his ego felt threatened.

I made sure he saw my eyes shimmer as a swell of emotion triggered my tear ducts. "I love you, Vincent. You have commanded me from our first kiss. It will always be you."

Words failed me after that as Vincent pressed his tongue inside my sex, turning my mind to mush. I felt his fingers on my backside, coating them with our juices, and he fondled my tight bud. He'd been slowly introducing me to his brand of love making. The extras, he called them. So far, nothing had surprised me, but everything was better with Vincent behind the wheel, and I found myself squealing as his finger entered me from behind.

I felt a light brushing from his other hand as he trailed it across the underside of my thigh, and the combined sensations pushed me right up to the cliff's edge. I had to will my body to savor the experience and not be tempted to jump too soon, but when Vincent's tongue found my clit, that was all she wrote. With reckless abandon, I hurtled into the precipice, spiraling with pleasure as the world revolved around a singular point. My gollum lover.

I could tell Vincent was pleased with himself. His eyes twinkled like stars under glass, and he kept the waves rolling while I bucked like a bull behind the gate. A moment later, Vincent was straddling me, his rock-hard erection clamped between his hand. He pumped himself with grim satisfaction, his plump head rubbing against my sex, teasing the entrance but not quite crossing the threshold.

"Fuck me," I cried as I thrust my pelvis into him. "I need to feel you inside me."

His eyes were like shards of glass now as he pierced me with them. "So, you don't like to be teased, eh?" Holding himself just out of reach, he grazed my sensitive flesh with every stroke. "Does it drive you crazy not to have control? To give everything away and be denied it in return?"

Woah. What the hell was he on about? "What are you saying, Vincent?"

"You are my world. I would give everything up for you. I would risk my life for you. I would swallow my pride and expose my weaknesses to keep you safe."

As Vincent ranted, he continued to slam his hand viciously across his hard-on, which had become purple and swollen. I couldn't help imagining him punishing me with it if he wasn't keeping a firm grip.

"I don't know what you're talking about? Please, don't torture yourself while we're in the middle of sex. It's not healthy."

"Not healthy! Your life is at risk. Our unborn child is at risk. And still you hide things from me. Don't fucking tell me what's not healthy."

Oh snap.

"Vincent, I never meant to..."

Vincent brought his lips crashing down to silence me. His tongue lashed at my mouth, forcing entry and taking my tongue captive. I felt his angst in the trembling of his lips and his raspy breaths, and a moment later, his warmth exploded against my sex as he lifted his head and released an agonizing groan.

The sound was fierce and disconnected, like my lover no longer inhabited his body and a beast had taken his place. I supposed I should have expected what happened next as Vincent dove for my neck and clamped down.

"Vincent, no! Et receptum release!"

I pushed against his shoulders as I screamed the safe words, but I was no match for his strength. Fortunately, the mantra did what it was supposed to, and Vincent lifted off me. His jaw fell open, but there were no fangs, and he shook his head violently.

"Aw, fuck! Reese... I..."

"I know, Vincent. I'm okay." I reached out my hand to touch him, but he scooted away.

"No! I need a moment to... I need a shower."

Abandoning the bed, Vincent stumbled to the bathroom, his raging erection still rigid and pointed at the ceiling. Oddly, despite his attempt to remove my carotid, I wanted to hop on that throbbing rod and ride it till morning. When the door closed behind him, I climbed out of bed and checked my neck in the mirror. Without the fangs, the damage was much less than previous attacks.

But that wasn't my biggest problem. While he didn't show it, Vincent was a ticking time bomb. Even an innocent conversation with Christoph was enough to set him off. Was it residual effects from the magic I was carrying? Could it be passed on to someone else through sex? We'd been so busy, neither of us had thought about contacting Dmitry to see what the hell he was waiting for? Well, it was about damn time someone did.

Đọc tiếp

Bạn Cũng Sẽ Thích

3.1M 252K 96
RANKED #1 CUTE #1 COMEDY-ROMANCE #2 YOUNG ADULT #2 BOLLYWOOD #2 LOVE AT FIRST SIGHT #3 PASSION #7 COMEDY-DRAMA #9 LOVE P.S - Do let me know if you...
613K 17.8K 23
Beau HATES Oliver Fowler. But Oliver doesn't hate Beau.. quite the opposite actually. Oliver is the univeristies 'Golden Boy', adored and admired by...
176K 35.7K 53
Becca Belfort i Haze Connors, choć przez swoich znajomych zmuszani do spędzania razem czasu całą paczką, od dawna się nie znoszą. Dogryzają sobie prz...
1.1M 27.6K 45
When young Diovanna is framed for something she didn't do and is sent off to a "boarding school" she feels abandoned and betrayed. But one thing was...