This Is How We End It

By AdamLovesAndrea

A group of teens come together, along with a group of adults to try and survive the apocalypse. Using actual... More

This Is How We End It
Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Seventeen (SEASON FINALE)
Chapter Eighteen
Chapter Nineteen
Chapter Twenty
Chapter Twenty-One
Chapter Twenty Two
Chapter Twenty Three
Chapter Twenty Four
Chapter Twenty Five
Chapter Twenty Six
Chapter Twenty Seven
Chapter Twenty Eight
Chapter Twenty Nine
Chapter Thirty
Chapter Thirty One
Chapter Thirty Two
Chapter Thirty Three
Chapter Thirty Four
Chapter Thirty Five
Chapter Thirty Six (SEASON FINALE FARM)
Chapter Thirty Seven (SEASON FINALE WOODBURY)
Chapter Thirty Eight
Chapter Thirty Nine
Chapter Forty One
Chapter Forty Two
Chapter Forty Three
Chapter Forty Four
Chapter Forty Five
Chapter Forty Six
Chapter Forty Seven
Chapter Forty Eight
Chapter Forty Nine
Chapter Fifty
Chapter Fifty One
Chapter Fifty Two
Chapter Fifty Three - (Season Three Finale Part ONE)
Chapter Fifty Four (Season Three Finale Part TWO)
Chapter Fifty Six

Chapter Forty

90 0 0
By AdamLovesAndrea

The room was quiet as he spoke, as everyone's attention was focused on him. A simple 'hello', had made everyone look at him. What charisma. Michonne still wasn't pleased.

"How are you all feeling?" The Governor asked, looking at the women.

Michonne stood up, fierce eyes jabbing the Governor. "We want our weapons."

"Sure," The Governor agreed, looking at her, taking a step toward her. "On your way out the front gates."

"Show us the way." Andrea said defensively. 

"You've kept us locked up in here. We want out." Mikaela said, standing up now.

The Governor rose an eyebrow. He was confused in these natures of people, yet used to them.

"You see any bars on the windows? You're being cared for." The Governor said defensively.

Ariel rolled her eyes. "Under guard.

"To protect our people. We don't know you." The Governor explained.

Mikaela peered her eyes at the man. "We know enough about this place to want out. We saw you drive a knife into the skulls of two dead men, what the hell was that?" 

The man sighed, looking at Anthony. Anthony shook his head, sighing as well. 

"Doesn't matter. However we die.. we all turn." The Governor said, looking at Mikaela.

Mikaela's eyes widened, looking at Andrea, who had the same look as her. Michonne and Ariel had the same, shocked look.

"I put them out of their misery." The Governor said with a small smile. "It's not easy news to swallow at first, but there it is. You're not prisoners here, you're guests."

Andrea looked down, swallowing. The medication was definitely taking effect. Everyone began to feel better slowly, at their own paces. 

"But if you wanna leave, as I said, you're free to do so. But we don't open the gates past dusk. Draws too much attention." The Governor said softly, looking at the women. He focused on Andrea. "And you especially, you need a solid night's sleep. You wouldn't last another day out there in your condition."

The Governor sighed, looking at the women. 

"Have you brought over to my place in the morning. Return your weapons. Extra ammo, food for the road, some meds, keys to a vehicle if you want one. Send you on your way. No hard feelings." He continued to speak as the women gave it some real thought.

He then proceeded to signal the women to follow him. Ariel got up from her seat, following the others out to the front door, as the Governor slowly opened the door, opening a new world, it seemed. The streets were lit, by fire, buildings kept cleanly. The, what seemed to be, town was real and clean. 

"Welcome to Woodbury." The Governor said, standing outside as Andrea walked out first, followed by Mikaela.

Mikaela's eyes were fascinated, same as the others; except Michonne. Michonne was not pleased at all. 

The Governor walked down the stairs, Andrea following shortly behind. The others were behind her, as Anthony had joined them. The Governor walked the girls to the wall, as Andrea looked around, seeing the guns.

"Are you military?" Andrea asked softly, astounded.

The Governor shook his head. "Hardly. Some are vets, but by and large we're self trained."

"That's heavy artilery they're packing." Ariel observed, looking toward the Governor after.

"Some men arrive with guns, but most were scavenged over time." The Governor explained, small smile on his lips as he looked at Ariel.

"And the other side of town? The rest of the streets.. they're all guarded like this?" Mikaela questioned softly, looking at the Governor.

"Yep," Anthony said, climbing the wall. He looked at Savannah with a small smirk, seeing her aim at a walker. "I got this,"

Anthony pulled out his gun, aiming at the walker, before shooting it. The walker made a thud as it hit the outside pavement. He smiled to himself, as Savannah rolled her eyes.

"Shit, Anthony," Mikaela said, impressed. "Who knew you had it in you?"

"You know these people, Anthony?" The Governor asked, with a confused look. He was unsure, seeing as Mikaela had already had some sort of friendship with him.

"Oh, uh, yeah." Anthony said with a nod. "The blonde and the brunette; they were part of my old group."

The Governor nodded slowly. He sighed, looking to a building. 

"Look, it's late. You'll get a better tour tomorrow morning. Until then, why don't you sleep?" The Governor asked, looking at the four girls. "This way,"

The four girls reluctantly followed the man, going to the building.

Inside, it was small, but it was safe. Electricity was in this building too, with wires everywhere. The Governor walked the four to a room, very large. It looked to be the only room on the bottom floor.

"It's not the four seasons, but it'll have to do." The Governor said as he opened the door. 

Inside, there were four beds, fresh fruit on the desk, and what looked to be a bathroom on the other side of the room.

"Thank you." Andrea said, smiling a little at him.

The Governor nodded. "I'll leave you all to rest. Guards will be posted outside of your door if you need anything."

Michonne nodded. "Goodnight." She said after, closing the door.

After showering and getting settled in, Ariel reached over, grabbing the bottle of water.

"God, it's nice to have water and fresh fruit again." She said softly, sighing.

Mikaela nodded, checking out the small collection of books on the shelf. Not very good books, but they were books Mikaela had yet to read. She pulled one out, before quietly going back to her bed. Michonne had the map that was in her pocket spread out in front of her.

Andrea walked out of the bathroom, sighing in content as she had fresh clothes on. She glanced at Michonne with the map.

"Michonne," Andrea said, tilting her head to the side a bit. "Really?"

"I don't trust them."

"Yet." Ariel said, looking over to her sister.

Michonne rolled her eyes. "I don't trust them. At all."

Andrea sat down on the bed, brushing her hair. "Just take advantage of this one night. We're feeling better, and we're looking better, too."

Michonne sighed, folding up the map.

"We need sleep." Michonne said in a sigh, turning off her bed-side lamp. She got under the covers, sighing to herself. She was tired, and exhausted. Mikaela did the same, getting under her covers. Ariel had already been under them,

The sun rose quickly. It was another day in Georgia, getting hotter and hotter each one. The group had moved into the prison, clearing out the nearest cell block. It wasn't hard to move in, but it was a process. The group had moved into their cells after clearing the cell block out. Everyone was free to choose what bunk they wanted. Everyone tried to distance their bunk destination as far as possible, from other people. 

Ethan stood in the doorway of Adam's cell, looking at him as Adam sat on the bunk, cleaning his gun. He hadn't had the chance to do so in forever.

"Mind if I move in with you?" Ethan asked, looking at Adam with a small smile.

Adam rose an eyebrow. "Yes. Why can't you have your own cell? I spent the whole winter with everyone, I need some space."

Ethan's eyes widened, feeling attacked. "Jeez. Just trying to be social."

"Go be social somewhere else." Adam said, returning to clean his gun.

Ethan nodded, rolling his eyes. "Right." He said under his breath, before walking out of the cell, and back to his own.

Above, on the balcony, Taylor and Brittany played with the card set they'd always kept. There were more cards to go around, and they'd gotten used to it, since Mikaela was gone. Every day, they both missed her. Taylor laid down a '7', as Brittany showed her '6'. Taylor sighed, getting tired of playing cards, already. She wanted to do something. She adjusted her hat, which had definitely gotten more beat up over the winter, and stood up.

"I can't play this anymore. I need to do something." She said quietly. "I'm gonna take watch in the tower. We need to watch those fences."

Brittany nodded, picking up the cards in front of her with a small sigh. "Never can sit still, can you?"

She shook her head. "No." She said softly, before walking off, boots making a sound as she walked off.

Brittany sighed, standing up from their card game. 

In Woodbury, Michonne, Andrea and Ariel had awoken early. Michonne was awake before the sun shone through the windows, and Ariel was awake not long after. Andrea, however, slept in. According to the clock in their room, it was 10 AM. Mikaela was still passed out, as the medications had took their toll well on her. Andrea was happy that she could finally relax, as she knew someone Mikaela's age deserved to relax. However, the world as it was, it was impossible. 

Michonne gave Andrea a small smile. "Let her sleep."

Andrea nodded. "I know." She said softly, remaining quiet as she moved to the door. For once, she didn't feel disgusting. She felt.. human. It was a feeling that was surely serene.

The three, Michonne, Ariel and Andrea all made their way to the door. Upon opening, the guard was still posted outside. The three mad their way to the front door as they were greeted by a woman with a dress, and high heels. It was a small surprise, but Andrea gave her a small smile. 

"Hello," The woman greeted the three. She looked down at the clipboard she was carrying, raising an eyebrow. "Uh.. wasn't there four of you?"

Andrea nodded, clearing her throat quietly. "Oh, yes." She smiled a bit. Andrea glanced at Michonne and Ariel, who were waiting for her to answer. "Mikaela.. the fourth one is upstairs. She's still sleeping."

"Well.. I guess you can fill her in." She said in a small laugh, before clearing her throat. "My name is Rowan. I'll show you around real quick, and then you can have breakfast with The Governor."

Andrea looked back at Michonne and Ariel once again with a small smile on her face. Andrea knew she was right about this place; this place was good. Michonne was thinking of a fantasy; they were safe here.

"Follow me, please," Rowan said, before beginning to walk down the sidewalk. 

The streets were kept clean, the gardens in front of the buildings were tended too, very well. The place was a blooming beam of sunshine. The streets were filled with sunshine, and the buildings were hardly even damaged. The three passed a crosswalk, and Andrea looked down the street to see a wall. The Governor was right; all four streets were guarded well. The wall was a bus, with tires stacked to provide a sturdy barrier. 

"We've been through a lot," Rowan explained, seeing Andrea and the other two look around. "That wall over there had collapsed before the winter."

Andrea examined the wall. "That?" She questioned, not believing that, that wall could have just collapsed. "That wall can't fall over on its own."

Rowan shook her head, stopping on the sidewalk so they could examine the wall. "No, of course not. Walkers had gathered up around the wall, and just knocked it over. The wall wasn't nearly as built as it is today."

Ariel looked around, sighing. She eyed a man looking at the three, gun in hand. He was quiet, but had his eyes locked on them. Ariel knew they were new, and couldn't be trusted yet, but they also had to trust this sanctuary too.

"Nobody was killed, but one girl did get injured." Rowan sighed, fixing her hair a bit. "She was taken care of, of course. She's still alive, and well." She sighed, starting to walk again. "We've expanded quite well over the winter."

Michonne looked around, not trusting anything yet. Then she eyed the man who had been looking at them. She gave him a hard glare, before shaking her head, keeping up with the other three.

"We haven't had a breach in over three months. Population is about seventy, including Mrs. Warren's baby... that makes about seventy one." Rowan smiled. "Plus you four.. that makes about seventy.. five."

Andrea smiled a bit. "This place seems unreal."

Rowan nodded. "I know. It's still got some flaws, but Rome wasn't built in a day."

Andrea arched an eyebrow, looking at the woman, seeing her skirt blow a bit in the wind. "That's a pretty bold comparison.."

Rowan nodded in agreement. "I think we've earned it. Walls haven't been breached in some time, population is rising, and we're getting more supplies and knowledge every day."

Ariel walked behind her sister, continuing to look at the man, who watched her carefully. Ariel shook her head before looking ahead, seeing a tall brick building. She rose an eyebrow, as Rowan stopped in front of it.

"And in here, this, is the Governor's apartment." Rowan said, showing them the building. The building was probably the nicest of all, as a man stepped out of the building, before walking down the steps, and down the sidewalk. "The Governor is waiting for you upstairs."

Andrea smiled at Rowan before nodding. Michonne continued to look around her, seeing nothing to her liking. Well, she did like the place, but the people seemed.. odd. She wasn't at peace, or feeling at home, yet. Ariel seemed oblivious to everything Michonne saw, too. It was a mess, Michonne thought, and she was going to get the four out of it.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

187K 5.6K 111
After the death of Gwen Stacy, Peter hadn't had the courage to become a hero again. Meanwhile, the Justice League were looking for a more experience...
549K 16.1K 39
MALE WEDNESDAY X READER "I love you...Wednesday Addams" The girl cried while hugging him as tight as she could. "I love you too....Amore mio. Please...
12.9K 280 19
It's my first time writing an Story so please bear with me. Anyways...... Story: Future Caelus, lost everyone. His friends, family and Comrades...
26.4K 1K 17
What if Satoru Gojo had a younger brother? Let's find out.