Chapter Forty Six

As time passed at the prison, it was quiet, with Judith finally sleeping. As breakfast was served, Rick was still gone out into the tombs of the prison. Brittany and Adam had taken watch out in the watch tower, getting used to taking the shifts. The towers were old, rusty and dirty, but it would had to do. And as they began to use the areas more, it became easier to do tasks around the prison.

Inside, Matt and Darrion had both had gone to the infirmary. They found crutches, and brought them to Hershel so he could stand. He hadn't seen Lori's baby, and he wanted to see it before anything happened. He used his crutches, slowly going toward the room she was sleeping. Inside of the cell that she was sleeping, Maggie was cleaning up the dust and debris. She hated the dirt and dust.

Hershel looked onto the bed that she slept, peacefully. He smiled, and Maggie looked up at her father with a smile. She stood up, giving him a hug.

"I'm glad you're okay, daddy," Maggie said softly, hugging Hershel.

Hershel couldn't hug back because of the crutches, but he gave her a kiss on the cheek.

"Where's Glenn?" Hershel asked, curious as to where he was. He was usually with Maggie.

Maggie smiled at Hershel. "He's lookin' for Rick and Ellen. Out in the tombs," 

Hershel nodded, feeling a bit of worry rush over him. "Did they find a name for her yet?" He asked, looking at the small child.

Maggie shook her head. "No. Heather's been looking for anything we can decorate her cell with, but it's hard 'cause we don't have the right things in a prison, y'know?"

Hershel nodded slowly, understanding Maggie. He didn't know how to decorate Maggie's room when Annette was pregnant with her, because she didn't want to know the sex of the child. Skylar and Delta walked into the cell block, smiling at the old man.

"I don't believe we've met." Hershel said with a smile, turning to see the girls. "I'm Hershel."

Delta smiled, walking to him with Skylar right behind. 

"I'm Delta," she said softly, before shaking his hand.

Skylar smiled, shaking his hand after. "Skylar. With an A."

Delta looked up at the skylights, sighing. She felt like something had gone wrong. Desperately wrong.

Water dripped from somewhere. He couldn't tell where, but he knew it was close. He was blindfolded, and could feel duct tape on his mouth. He had no clue where Taylor was, either. He felt that he was sitting in a chair, tied to it. He tried to feel around, but he couldn't.

His breath tensed when he heard footsteps, before a door opening. He felt the presence in the room walk closer, and before he knew it, he could feel it standing over him. Ethan was terrified. He felt the blindfold come off, and he got a look around. He was in some sort of basement, by the looks of it. Tin walls, cement floors, and Anthony standing before him, with a knife.

"I've had enough bullshit." Anthony said, pressing the knife to Ethan's throat. "I want answers. I wanted answers a year ago."

Ethan was silent. He couldn't talk, anyways. 

"I've had so much rage consume me, since you fuckers left me behind at that damn highway." He said, looking into Ethan's brown eyes. "I wanted to strangle someone when I found out that you left me to rot. To die alone."

Anthony ripped off Ethan's duct tape that had surrounded his mouth. Ethan groaned in pain, feeling the blade against his neck.

"Anthony, hear me out, we didn't leave you behind.." Ethan coughed.