Cold as Steel // RWBY x Samur...

By xXBboyGenkaiXx

(Y/N) is the last samurai of an elder village, after the sudden destruction of it, (Y/N) needs to find out wh... More

Prologue
Description
Chapter 1: The hunt of the Raven
Chapter 2: Apologize
Chapter 3: Au...ra?
Chapter 4: Casual trip
Chapter 5: Petals at night
Chaper 6: You won't leave...would you?
Chapter 7: Smile
Chapter 8:The Beginning
Chapter 9: Welcome to Beacon
Chapter 10: Welcome to Beacon Pt. 2
Chapter 11: A walk through the forest
Chapter 13: Hunter or pray Pt. 2
Chapter 14: Roomates
Chapter 15: The Badge and the burden
Chapter 16: Interrogatory
Chapter 17: Bunny's cry for help.
Chapter 18: Men's duel
Chapter 19: Fist-Bump
Chapter 20:The cat out of the bag
Chapter 21: Guess who's back?
Chapter 22: Reunión
Chapter 23: Full Stop
Chapter 24: Foresight
Chapter 25: A feline's heart
Chapter 26: After the break
Christmas special
Chapter 27: Paint it red
Chapter 28: Tear Point
Chapter 29: Blinking death
Chapter 30: Slump
Chapter 31: Back in Action Pt.1
Chapter 32: Back in Action Pt.2
Chapter 33: Back in Action Pt. 3
Chapter 34: Coldest
Chapter 35: First Contact
Chapter 36: Gold
Chapter 37: The Stray
Chapter 38: Serendipity
Chapter 39: Not much of a best day
Chapter 40: Limerence
Chapter 41: Let There Be Carnage PT. 1
Chapter 42: Let there be carnage Pt.2
Chapter 43: A Minor Hiccup Pt.1
Chapter 44: A Minor Hiccup Pt. 2
Chapter 45: A Minor Hiccup Pt.3
Chapter 46: Black Steel
Chapter 47: Painting the Town Pt.1
Chapter 48: Painting the Town Pt.2
Chapter 49: Σ
Chapter 50: Invasion
Chapter 51: The limits we break
Chapter 52: A change of heart Pt. 1
Chapter 53: A change of heart Pt.2
Chapter 54: The Fairy-Tale Paradigm
Chapter 55: Destiny
Important note

Chapter 12: Hunter or pray Pt. 1

8.7K 177 73
By xXBboyGenkaiXx

Beacon's cliff

Ozpin was standing at the edge of the cliff, behind him, Glynda walked around with some kind of "tablet" with images of the students inside of the forest.

Glynda: One more pair was formed sir, Nora Valkirie and Lie Ren....poor boy, I can't possibly imagine those two getting along. Still, he's probably better off than Ms. Nikos...

Ozpin: Hmm....

Glynda: I don't care what his transcripts say, that Jaune fellow is not ready for his level of combat.

Ozpin: Well.....not always the transcripts are completely accurate........for example......

Ozpin passed his finger over the tablet, showing (Y/N), Weiss and Ruby walking through the forest.

Glynda: That also has me quite intrigued.....He has the name but.....how can we make sure he has the same level as his father?

Ozpin didn't respond, he limited himself to stare at the tablet's screen.

Glynda: Professor Ozpin?

Ozpin: Hmm......

Inside of the emerald forest

Weiss: I'm positive this time! It's this way.

(Y/N): Nope.....it's this one....

(Y/N) walked to the opposite path of Weiss's.

Weiss: But--- H-how are you so--

(Y/N): Just start walking....

Weiss: *with a mad tone*Ugh! *to Ruby* Do you mind hurrying, little miss riding hood?

Ruby: My name is Ruby!

Weiss and Ruby followed (Y/N).

Ruby: You have no sense of direction Weiss, we're nowhere near it!

(Y/N): But I'm the one thas is guiding them......

Weiss: Don't be ridiculous, all you can do is follow me....

Ruby: I'm not much of a follower!!

(Y/N): But you two are surely good talkers , aren't you...?

Weiss: I'm not sure about that....mind telling me why a girl like you would attend the academy?

Ruby: To be a huntress of course! Like the one in the stories!

(Y/N) suddenly stopped in his place, looking up with a surprised look.

Weiss: Stories...? Unbeliavable...

(Y/N): Something's coming.....

Weiss: I came here to learn.....to grow stronger....*turns to Ruby* I strive to perfection. Unlike you, I'm not here for fun and games.

(Y/N) slowly grabbed Tempus's handle, waiting for the creature to appear.

(Y/N): You sense that Okui?

Okui: Hmm? Not really.....It's more interesting listening to these girls....

(Y/N): What...?

(Y/N) turned to the girls, noticing they arguing.

Weiss: If all you want is to be a part of the stories give up and go home....yor mother is waiting to read one to you...

For some reason, (Y/N) felt a chill, his mother also used to read stories to him when he was just a child, but there was something more....

(Y/N): I......feel dizzy......

(Y/N)'s view started to blurr.

Ruby: *looking down* You don't know anything.....

Weiss: You're a little girl fascinated by fairy tales, am I wrong?

(Y/N)'s view started to distortionate, soon, all that he could see was a pure image of darkness.

(Y/N): What's happening to me?!

Okui: What's wrong?

Ruby: You think you know everything huh?

Weiss: ...

At (Y/N)'s eyes, everything disappeared, if it wasn't 'cause of Ruby and Weiss voice, he'd be completely lost.

Okui: Hey! What's wrong?! Your heartbeat is going crazy!!

After a couple seconds, two small flames started to burn in what used to be Ruby's and Weiss's positions; in the place of Weiss, a small timid flame was burning, it was completely consistent, without desperfections, elegant, but too small to notice....

Ruby: I......lost somebody important to me....

Both (Y/N) and Weiss were suprised about Ruby's words.

Ruby: That's when I realized reality doesn't always end happily like stories....

As he heard her, the images of his destroyed village, his father, with that mad expression saying him to run flashed through his mind.

The flame of Ruby was starting to ignite, it was really small but savage.

Ruby: No one's going to show up in the nick of time....No one's going to save you.....

(Y/N) clenched his teeth while tightening his grip in Tempu's handle.

Ruby: So instead of being sad....and waiting for help to arrive...I decided I would be the hero....

The flame that was in Ruby's place started to get bigger, it expanded in all sides, getting wilder and blustering.

Ruby: *looking up* And I will.....I'll turn tragedies into happy endings....

(Y/N) was shocked by the image that was in front of him, the flame transformed into a big tornado of white flames, uncontrollable, savage, but at the same time it showed purity and determination, almost at an intimidating level. The flames slowly started to take form into the figure of a small girl, the flames continue ablazing in all direction without losing intensity.

Ruby: THAT'S WHY IM HERE!!!

Suddenly, a bright flash fullfill (Y/N)'s sight, after some seconds, the colors returned to normal. The first thing (Y/N) saw was a big Nevermore behind Ruby, she quickly turned around noticing it.

Ruby: A grimm?!?!

(Y/N): Ruby!! Stay back!!

Completly ignoring (Y/N), Ruby ran towards the Nevermore drawing her scythe.

Weiss: No!! She's so reckless!!

Ruby turned her scythe into its rifle form, shooting a couple times to the grimm before jumping to it holding herself with one hand.

Weiss: What in the world is she doing?!?!

(Y/N): Tch.....

(Y/N) ran in direction of the grimm, which was about to take off, holding Weiss's hand in his run.

Weiss: Huh?!

(Y/N) pull Weiss towards him, holding her by her waist.

Weiss: W-where do you think you're touching?!?! *blushing*

(Y/N) jumped off the ground, reaching the grimm with one of his hands, he raised Weiss making her to grab the Nevermore.

Weiss: *looks down* AAAAAHH!!! ARE YOU TRYING TO TAKE US DOWN WITH YOU?!?!

Ruby: It'll be faster flying than walking in circles....

(Y/N): *depressed* In circles.....?

The Nevermore started flying in a random direction, with the trio sticked on its side.

In another part of the forest

After a while, Yang, Blake and Momiji got into a small cliff with some ruin-like structures.

Yang: Think this is it?

Blake and Momiji ignored Yang's question, walking towards the ruins. When they arrieved at the temple, the first thing they saw were some kind of chess pieces colocated in small pillars.

Blake: Chess pieces?

Momiji: That's some weird artifacts.....

Yang: Some of them are missing....Looks like we weren't the first ones here....

Momiji: Yeah....

Blake: Guess we should pick one....

Yang: Hmm....*takes one piece* What about a cute little pony?

Blake: Sure....

Momiji: Well! I thinks that's it....now we just need to wait.

Blake: Hmm? Aren't you gonna take one?

Momiji: Hmm?

Yang: Yeah, without one you won't pass remeber?

Momiji: U-uhm...*nervous*....w-well I guess that's true....

Blake: But I guess it'd be useless to take one now.......I mean, you don't have a partner yet...

Momiji: Eh..? Oh! Y-yes, of course! *nervous laugh*

Yang: So......that wasn't too hard...

Blake: Well...it's not like this place was difficult to find.

Momiji: I'm sure everyone'll be here in no time!

Suddenly, a high pitched scream was heard in the distance

Yang: Some girl's in trouble! Blake did you heard that?

Blake was looking up with a worried look.

Momiji: Hmm? What's wrong--*looks up*Oh...

Yang turned to both girls.

Yang: What should we do?

Blake pointed up with her finger while Momiji left a nervous chuckle.

Ruby: HEADS UP!! *while falling*

A few moments before

On the Nevermore

Weiss: Ruby! I told you this was a terrible idea!! *yelling*

Ruby: We're fine! *yelling*

Okui: I think I'm gonna be sick....

(Y/N): How can you get dizzy being just a sword...?

Okui: Well, it might be 'cause of the fact of constantly bouncing on your back!! *annoyed*

(Y/N): *sigh* Give me a break....

Ruby: Stop worrying!

Weiss: I'm so far beyond worrying!

Ruby: *confused* ...In a good way?

Weiss: In a bad way!! In a very bad way!!

Ruby: Well, why don't we just jump?!

(Y/N): *sigh* Ruby I don't think that's gonna solve anything!

Okui: Aaaaand she's gone....

When (Y/N) turned around, Ruby had just jumped off the Nevermore.

(Y/N): God damned....!

Weiss: What is she?! Insane?!?! *looks back at (Y/N)*

Apparently, (Y/N) jumped off too.

Weiss: Oh, those insufferable little--!

Back with Yang, Blake and Momiji

Momiji: So Yang....in a scale going from 1 to 10......*looks back to Yang* how hard would it be the sudden death of Ruby...?

Yang: What? *confused*

Ruby: Heads up!!! *while falling*

Jaune was being launched in the same direction as Ruby's trajectory, the two of them collide in the air making them flew towards a nearby tree.

Blake: Did your sister just fall from the sky?

Momiji: Wait....*confused* She's your sister?!

Yang: I--

But before Yang could say something, (Y/N) appeared in front of them in a squat position.

(Y/N): God damned! I was too slow.

Momiji: (Y/N)?!

(Y/N): Huh? Oh it's you....*standing up* Good to--

But before (Y/N) could say anything else, he was tackled by Momiji, which started to shake him by his shoulders with a worried but annoyed look.

Momiji: Why you left me by myself?!?! Weren't we supposed to act as a team?!?! AND WHY WERE YOU LAUNCHED AFTER?!?!

(Y/N): *still being shaked* You surely are getting an unusual pleasure of shaking people....

In the distance, some tres fell down one after another along with the growling of some kind of grimm; from the insides of it, a big Ursa came out with the hyperactive ginger girl in its back.

The Ursa collapsed to the ground dead making the girl roll down its back.

???: Aaawww, it's broken....

Then the man with the ponytail appeared from behind the Ursa's body, at the moment he appeared, (Y/N) left a small grunt, while Momiji turned around noticing him.

Momiji: Ren!!

Momiji dropped (Y/N) into the ground running towards the ponytail guy.

(Y/N) slowly sit in his place, looking at Ren, a mad ginger girl and Momiji; he limited himself to look another way as he closed his eyes.

(Y/N): Tch.....

Okui: Ow, ow, ow!! (Y/N)!!

(Y/N): I know.....sorry....

(Y/N) slowly stood up, shaking the dust off.

Blake: Did that girl just ride in on a Ursa?

Yang: I--

But before Yang could speak, a giant Deathstalker came out from the forest chasing the spartan girl.

???: Jaune!

Jaune was currenlty hanging upside down in the branch of some tree, next to him was Ruby, who was still recovering from the impact.

Jaune: Pyrrha!

Ruby: Wow!

Ruby jumped off the tree leaving Jaune behind.

Jaune: Ruby?

Yang: Ruby?

Ruby: Yang!

???: Nora!

The ginger girl interrumped the sister's hug appearing between them.

Blake: Did she just run all the way here with a Deathstalker in her tail?

Yang: Grrr!! *aactivating her semblance* I can't take it anymore!!! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something crazy happens again!?!?!

...

Ruby: Uhm......Yang? *points up*

Everyone looked up, Weiss was still holding on to the Nevermore of before.

(Y/N): Oh yeah....I forgot about her....

Blake: She's gonna fall....

Ruby: She'll be fine.....

Ren: She's falling...

(Y/N): *sigh*....

(Y/N) took two step forwards, he placed his hand on Tempus's handle before disappearing.

Jaune finally free himself from the tree's branch, when he noticed Weiss falling, he smiled, then he jumped off the tree in direction of a faliing Weiss; but when he was about to catch her, (Y/N) appeared above him catching her instead, placing his feet on Jaune's back carrying Weiss bridal style.

(Y/N): Sorry Jauna....

(Y/N) pushed Jaune down to soften his own landing.

Jaune: *while falling* It's Jaune!!

Jaune landed face first into the ground several meters away from everyone, (Y/N) instead, landed comfortably in front of everyone with Weiss on his arms.

Weiss was holding tightly to (Y/N)'s neck with both eyes closed.

(Y/N): We're on ground now....

But Weiss wasn't releasing her grip, even shaking a little bit, Weiss's grip was as firm as it could be.

(Y/N): Uhm.....Weiss! You can let me go!

As if the words couldn't reach her, Weiss ignored him.

(Y/N)'s left eye start twitching.

(Y/N) tried to remove Weiss's hands from his neck.

(Y/N): I'm serious, get off me!

After some tríes, (Y/N) gave up.

(Y/N): *sigh* *looks to the others*.......Can you lend me a hand?

Yang slowly step next to (Y/N), using both arms, she took Weiss off him.

(Y/N): Thanks....

Weiss slowly opened her eyes, she looked around her noticing everyone looking at her, (Y/N) instead, was rubbing his neck; as she standed up she turned to Ruby with a mad expression.

Weiss: You! You left me there!!

Ruby: I said jump....

Weiss: I could have died up there!

Yang: But you didn't...

Weiss: *groan*...

Then the spartan girl was knocked in front of everyone by the deathstalker.

Yang: Great! The gang is all here, now we can die together! *sacastic*

Ruby: Not if I can help it!

Without a second warning, Ruby ran towarrds the Deathstalker with a battle's scream.

Yang: Ruby wait!

Momiji got next to (Y/N).

Momiji: Aren't you gonna follow her? *whispering*

(Y/N): No.....I want to see what she can do....*whispering*

Okui: Are you sure about this?

(Y/N): Yeah.....

(Y/N) and Momiji looked at Ruby running towards the grimm, she draw her scythe in mid run, shooting her scythe to dash forward; using the momentum, she tried to attack the grimm with a vertical slash but the Deathstalker used its right tweezer to knock her into the ground.

Ruby slowly stood up.

Ruby: D-don't worry.....T-totally fine!

She turned around looking at the grimm just a couple metters in front of her, she shot to the grimm's head before putting away her scythe, running in the opposite direction of the grimm trying to run away.

Yang: RUBY!

Yang started to run in direction of her sister.

(Y/N): ....

Momiji looked worried at (Y/N), who was completely inexpressive.

In mid run, Ruby looked behind her, finding the Nevermore of before chasing her along with the Deathstalker. The Nevermore shot several feather like projectiles aiming at Ruby, one feather nailed Ruby's cloak into the ground, making her fall to the ground, the serie of feathers almost hit Yang as well, making her fall to the ground stopping her run.

Yang: Ruby get out of there!

Ruby: I'm trying!

The Deathstalker raised its stinger preparing to attack Ruby, making her to struggle even harder to get her cloak free.

(Y/N): *frown* Tch.....

Okui: Oh-oh....

Momiji: (Y/N)!!

(Y/N) quickly reached for the handle of Tempus before disappearing.

The Deathstalker thrust his sting towards Ruby, she quickly closed her eyes waiting for the worst.

???: *sigh* I can't even take a 5 minutes break.....

Ruby slowly opened her eyes, finding (Y/N) holding the Deathstalker's stinger with one hand.

(Y/N): Are you ok?

Ruby simply nodded speechless at him.

(Y/N): Good.....*looks away*....uhm...Ruby..?

Ruby: Y-yes...?

(Y/N): ........*without looking at her*I wish you best of lucks achieving your dream....

Ruby: ....Wha--

(Y/N): It's nothing....Go with your sister.....we got this....

Ruby: Uhm...."We"?

A wall of Ice suddebly emerged in front of (Y/N) freezing the Deathstalker's limb.

(Y/N): Just in time, Ms. Schnee.....

Weiss: As always......

With a soft wrist gesture, (Y/N) tear off the tip of the stinger, throwing it aside afterwards.

The deathstalker started screaming in pain, (Y/N) looked at him inexpressively while Weiss got next to Ruby.

Weiss: You're so childish....

Ruby: Uhm....

Weiss: And dimwitted, and hyperactive. And don't even get me started with your fighting style....

(Y/N): Well, she doesn't wield a rapier so how exactly could you--

Weiss slowly turned to (Y/N) with a mad look.

(Y/N): .....ok...

Weiss breathe deeply before turning for another time to Ruby.

Weiss: And I suppose, I can be.......difficult...

Okui: Yeah, no sh--

(Y/N): Okui...

Weiss: But if we're going to do this, we're going to have to do this together. So if you quit trying to show off I'll be....nicer...

Okui: HA!

(Y/N): Okui....

Ruby: I'm not trying to show off...I want you to know that I can do this...

Weiss: You're fine....

With that said, Weiss walked away form Ruby and (Y/N).

(Y/N): Well.....that was unexpected...

(Y/N) noticed Ruby whispering something while she crossed her hands.

(Y/N): Hmm....

(Y/N) looked above the Ice wall, noticing the Deathstalker trying to release itself.

Yang ran to Ruby to hug her.

Yang: So happy you're ok!

Yang released her hug.

Yang: And you....

Yang looked at (Y/N), who looked around searching for the person Yang was talking to.

Yang: Thanks for saving--

Before Yang could crush (Y/N) into a hug, he side-step out of her range, avoiding her hug.

(Y/N): Don't thank me yet......we still have another problem up there....

(Y/N) pointed at the Nevermore which was flying over the area.

Jaune: Guys, that thing's circling back....*points at the grimm* What are we gonna do?

Weiss: Look, there's no sense in dilly-dallying. Our objective is right in front of us. *looks at the relics*

Ruby: She's right, our mission is to grab an artifact and make it back to the cliffs.

Weiss smiled at Ruby.

Ruby: There's no point in fighting these things.

Jaune: Run and live...That is an idea I can get behind.

(Y/N): Talk for yourself.....

One by one, everyone took a single chess piece of the pillars.

Ruby: Hey (Y/N), aren't you gonna take one?

(Y/N): It's not my priority...

(Y/N) walked away in direction of some bigger ruins leaving Ruby behind.

Ruby: W-what?

Momiji got next to Ruby with her arms crossed.

Momiji: Ignore him....he'll get one sooner or later.....*smiles*

Ruby: If you say so.......*determined*Let's go....

After everyone took their respectives artifacts, they started following Ruby who quickly ran in (Y/N)'s direction.

But before Momiji could take a single step, she heard some growls in the distance.

Momiji: Hmm?

She quickly turned to the source of the sound, it came from the insides of the forest.

She forced her view trying to locate the source of the sound.

Suddenly, two red eyes glowed from the insides of the forest, at seeing this, Momiji suddenly opened widely her eyes while stepping back.

Momiji: W-what's that...?

The eyes disappear from they were, losing themselves in the forest.

Momiji: ....Wha....?

.....

Almost everyone passed (Y/N) in their run, but for some reason (Y/N) continued walking slowly.

Suddenly, a monstrous roar came out of nowhere, making everyone to stop running and turn around where the roar came.

(Y/N): What the hell was that....?

Ruby: D-did you guys hear that?

Blake: Was that a grimm?!

Everyone was frozen on their places, the roar imposed silence in all the forest.

....

Then the roar was heard a couple more times, coming from several different locations.

ROOOOARRR ROOOAAAR

(Y/N) didn't hesitate a sigle moment, he ran towards Momiji, who was sitting on the ground shaking in horror.

(Y/N): Are you ok?

Momiji didn't answer.

ROOOOOOAAAAR

The last roar was accompanied by grimm's shrieks coming from everywhere.

(Y/N): .....It's calling them....

(Y/N) grabbed Momiji by both shoulders.

(Y/N): Momiji you need to focus. *serious*

Momiji looked at (Y/N) with a horrorized look.

Momiji: What was that....?

(Y/N): I dunno....but surely nothing good....

Everyone came back at (Y/N) and Momiji with the same horrorized look.

Jaune: Was that another grimm?!!?

Yang: That can't be true!! That scream could only be of a colossal grimm or something higher!! This is property of the school, it'll be impossible!!

Weiss: So how do you explain that bellow?!?!

(Y/N) didn't make a sound, instead, he placed his hand on Tempus's handle.

(Y/N): We're gonna find out......

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

189K 3K 24
After your parents were killed at a young age, you were raised by your brother Adam Taurus. Under his guiding, you became a skilled swordsman, and to...
162K 2.6K 43
(ALL ART THAT ARE IN THIS STORY ARE MADE BY ME) You are Y/N, that's the only thing you remember from your past, people call you Y/N, and people call...
83.4K 715 4
You were born the son of Taiyang & Female Qrow, grew up unloved. At a young age you left a broken home to build a new life for yourself. Even went on...
32.1K 766 23
Ever since Blake left the White Fang, Y/N has always been skeptical and worried about the White Fang itself, seeing how it changed his older brother...