Alpha's Lone Witch

By dr3amstar

Andrew Crescent was cursed to have the memories of his reincarnation, William Crescent. The Trials, the war... More

Small Authors Note
Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17

Chapter 8

6.6K 211 21
By dr3amstar

Chapter 8

Andrew's POV

"I am going with you." Meredith declared the minute I walked into the living room.

I smiled at her, sitting down across from her on the opposite couch. "I know." I told her.

"I don't care what you-." She stopped, my words registering to her mind. "Wait, I can go?" She asked baffled.

I held in my laughter from her expression. I had a feeling she would be preparing a speech on why she should come along after my phone call with Royal Nicholas, which was why I decided to do some paper work first.

"Yes Meredith, you can come." I told her, letting out a chuckle.

Meredith stared at me, her gaze flickering down to my injured foot for a second before looking back up at me. I couldn't tell if she was feeling guilty about it or if she was simply curious as to how I was walking. My foot still hurt, but I didn't want Meredith to know that. No matter how much pain I was in, I kept walking without limping.

"Well," Meredith said almost cheerfully, "That went easier than expected. When do we leave?"

"Whenever my Beta Zach gets here." I informed her. "I'm guessing you already know the location on where we're meeting?" I asked.

Meredith nodded looking thoughtful."You know, I could do a spell to get us there quickly. Driving would take all day and night. Transporting would take seconds and plus, I'm starving." She said.

I raised an eyebrow at her. "Really? You'd do that?" I asked. I had thought of the idea earlier on but dismissed it, thinking Meredith wouldn't care if we drove or not.

Meredith shrugged. "Sure. It's faster, and it beats driving in a car. I get cranky in long car rides." She replied.

I smiled at her, nodding my head at her. "Alright then. We'll leave in a couple of hours. We shouldn't be there long thanks to your portal but we need a place to stay. I'll arrange for all that later, we could go out to eat if you'd like? Or we can simply eat at home?" I asked her. I didn't mind where we ate, as long as I was with her.

Meredith pursed her lips slightly, thinking over her options. "I'd prefer to eat here. I don't want to go out today." She said.

I nodded, already asking the cooks to prepare us a meal. We ate a simple breakfast, not too much but not too little. I had a feeling Meredith would need her energy for her magic and I needed to be on alert if we ran into any Hunters along the way.

I was bringing Zach and a couple of other fighters from my pack. I didn't want to take the best so I took a couple of good guards and left my third in command and father here to watch over the pack from my absence. I was worried about the pack but I was also confident nothing bad would happen while I was away. Whenever I did have to go on a business trip everyone knew to be alert and cautious. Nothing ever happened before but I knew not to underestimate the Hunters.

Meredith went to go pack her things along with mine. I didn't need much so I asked Meredith if she could pack a couple of my things; just some change of clothes and my necessities'. With her preoccupied with her belonging, I went into the office were Nora and Zach were waiting for me along with the guards I planned to bring along.

In total there were eight people going. Meredith, Zach, five fighters and me. Zach wanted to bring more but I didn't want to take more than that. I had a feeling that if we brought to much, some of the other packs would clash. Not all packs were as peaceful as most, I knew we wouldn't have problems with Blood Rose or Blue Rivers, I had many friends from other packs but some felt that I was a threat. Why I would never know nor did I care enough to figure out why.

I made quick arrangements to stay at a small hotel away from the meeting place. I didn't want the Hunters to follow us and figure out the meeting place. Even if they did find the meeting place I would truly have liked to know how they planned to listen in. Every Wolf within the area would be on high alert along with Royal Nicholas.

If they hurt our leader, they were in for hell. It would mean an all out war between the two and that would not be good for anyone.

Nora helped heal my foot back to normal. Apparently Meredith's magic was still lingering around in my bloodstream and it wasn't helping that my wolf constantly tried to heal it. I was impressed Meredith's magic was so strong but then again, she was an immortal with probably as much as experience as Nora. I didn't know how old Meredith truly was but I didn't care. To me she would always be my mate.

"Are you sure you don't want us to come along?" Emma asked for the third time.

I chuckled at her concern. "No Emma, it's perfectly alright." I told her, grabbing the two bags Meredith packed and hauling them into the trunk. We were taking our own cars, figuring if anything happened to the connection with the portal we could drive back.

Nora, Emma and Vivian were staying here. Nora and Emma insisted on coming but I kindly declined their offer, I didn't need more people coming along. My guards were enough and with Nora, Emma and Vivian's magic here it would sooth my pack a bit more.

Some Witches were still lingering about in town on high alert. When they heard I was leaving most of them extended their stay to protect the town. When I heard the news I felt my heart clench, I was so lucky to have such amazing companions.

"Are you sure sir? I could come along. Emma and Vivian's magic is stronger than mine." Nora insisted.

I was a bit shocked from this piece of information. I knew Nora was strong but I never thought Vivian and Emma were stronger. Emma seemed to kind to use her magic to hurt and Vivian just didn't seem like the type of person to do dangerous spells.

I smiled reassuringly to Nora. "Yes Nora, its fine. I need you here with my parents and Cassandra. You know how Zach is, since he doesn't want to leave her alone, she will be staying here. I trust Emma and Vivian, however my pack trusts you. They need someone they know back in the pack home other than my parents, that they can rely on." I told her.

Nora looked reluctant, but after a couple of more minutes persuading her I was able to convince her that staying here was the best option.

"Nora sure is protective of you." Meredith said from the passenger seat.

We were on the road, with my car in front and the a large black SUV behind me. Zach didn't like the fact that I was in front of them right now but in order for the portal to work, we needed Meredith in the front and I wasn't about to let her be in a car with five male wolves, regardless of whether they were mated or not.

I laughed lightly, "She has always been protective, like an aunt if you ask me. She's been family for as long as I can remember." I replied.

It was true that William was the one who saved Nora and helped her settle into Crescent Moon before his death. I was guessing that the only reason Nora stayed was because she felt she owed him and since she couldn't exactly owe a dead man, she wanted to repay her dept to his reincarnations.

"She healed your foot." Meredith said, staring out into the street.

I didn't know whether she was concentrating or simply avoiding looking my way. We had to drive to the end of town for the spell to land us in our meeting place, almost as if she cut the whole land between the states so that our town were connected with the town we were meeting at.

Again, I felt magic truly fascinating.

I nodded, "Yes. It's better now but no worries, it didn't even hurt that much." I easily lied. I didn't want Meredith to feel guilty about her actions if she ever did. I never wanted her to feel that way and in all honesty, the wound didn't hurt as much.

Meredith was silent for a long time. The drive to the edge of town was a 30 minute drive. I thought she was going to stay silent for the whole trip and felt my disappointment set in the bottom of my stomach. I swallowed my pain and simply did my best to focus on the road ahead.

"I'm sorry." I heard her whisper.

I flickered my gaze to Meredith quickly before settling it back onto the road. "Sorry? There is no reason for you to apologize Meredith. You did nothing wrong." I told her with an assuring smile.

I saw Meredith staring at me from the corner of my eyes. I glanced at her quickly with a smile and focused back onto the road. I didn't want us to get into an accident considering it was a narrow road. I was sure that I could survive the crash but I wasn't too sure with Meredith.

I jumped in surprise when I felt something warm touch my hand. I briefly looked down into my right hand and felt a large smile stretch across my lips. I couldn't contain the joy I was feeling and I didn't bother trying to hide it.

Meredith gently rested her hand in mine, looking out into the side. My heart was beating so hard I was shocked it wasn't bursting out of my chest. I entwined our fingers together and squeezed her hands happily. I almost died of happiness when she squeezed back.

I never knew that holding hands with a girl was so amazing especially with Meredith's. Her hand was small but not too small compared to mine. To me, our hands fit perfectly together and I loved it. I was rubbing small circles on the back of her hand, feeling content with my life. If I could simply hold hands with my mate, then I would die a happy man. 

I glanced over at Meredith and my joy kicked up a notch when I saw her lips tilted upwards into a slight smile. I had a feeling she was trying to fight of the feeling but I knew she couldn't. I wasn't 100% sure but I was having confidence that she was feeling the bond.

Meredith closed her eyes slightly, her lips moving and whispering something inaudible to me. I squeezed her hand again, hoping to encourage her as I speed up the car. I saw Zach and the others speed up with me, their looks intense and guarded.

I saw the edge of where our town ended and squeezed Meredith's hand again, telling her we were near. Her whispering became slightly louder and more fierce.

"Hoc etiam transibit, Hoc quoque transibit." She repeated those two sayings over and over again, her whisper strong and demanding, her eyes closed and concentrated.

The minute we passed the border I automatically noticed the change in scenery. The trees were thicker and more green, I could hear more wildlife and animals around the area. The road was more smooth compared to the last one.

I felt my body stiffen and my instincts became more alert. I knew there was trouble, I could practically feel the Hunters hidden in the shadows. No matter what, they wouldn't get Meredith.

Meredith breathed a sigh of relief once Zach's car came into the portal. I smiled and clutched our hands together tight.

"You did amazing." I told her honestly. Nora informed me earlier that the spell would be a difficult one but Meredith did it without a problem.

I saw her break a small genuine smile until she covered it with her usual smirk.

"I know." She replied confidently.

Hoc etiam transibit, Hoc quoque transibit - Both mean 'This too shall pass'

How do you like the song??

Thank you for reading :). I've gained a lot of new readers and I wanted to say thank you. I apoligize for my amauter mistake in SMA. 

Comment and vote if you'd like :). Thanks again! <3

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

14.3K 600 28
She had a heart of gold. Believed everyone was good. People who do horrible things, were just mislead. It didn't make them a horrible person. Ally sa...
3.9K 158 21
When Meredith was dating Andrew, she finally started to believe in love again. After trying to stop the sex traffickers no one knows what happened to...
505K 35K 37
[BOOK TWO] "Anniversaries to some are like counting the years spent doing something great, years spent together, or years spent alive." I started slo...
89 27 7
Life is an enigmatic journey, filled with twists and turns, but one thing remains certain - its inevitable end. Andrew Anderson, a brilliant young ge...