A Woman Scorned

Door corlenessssssss

They said marriage was for better and for worse but what can she do when her husband dumps her for a mistress... Meer

prologue
Chapter 1
chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
CHAPTER 7
CHAPTER 8
CHAPTER 9
CHAPTER 10
CHAPTER 11
CHAPTER 12
CHAPTER 13
CHAPTER 14
CHAPTER 15
CHAPTER 16
CHAPTER 17
CHAPTER 18
CHAPTER 19
CHAPTER 20
CHAPTER 21
CHAPTER 22
CHAPTER 23
CHAPTER 24
CHAPTER 25
CHAPTER 26
CHAPTER 27
CHAPTER 28
CHAPTER 29
CHAPTER 30
CHAPTER 31
CHAPTER 32
CHAPTER 33
CHAPTER 34
CHAPTER 35
CHAPTER 36
CHAPTER 37
CHAPTER 38
CHAPTER 39
CHAPTER 40
CHAPTER 41
CHAPTER 42
CHAPTER 43
CHAPTER 44
CHAPTER 45
CHAPTER 46
CHAPTER 47
CHAPTER 48
CHAPTER 49
CHAPTER 50
CHAPTER 51
CHAPTER 52
CHAPTER 53
CHAPTER 54
Author's note
Author's note

Chapter 6

2K 152 7
Door corlenessssssss

Kayla's POV

"Okay, turn around I want to see the bodice. It looks fantastic, just a few more stitches and we would be done with this one". Kayla said as she observed the red dress with a high slit and bareback that she had recently finished designing. Her seamstresses and tailors were doing an amazing job to her design.

Abenna was modeling the dress for her, it was a sexy dress which was backless and it was beyond sexy. It was true defination of AGLAEA.

Pearl Thusi as Abenna

She smiled at her creation and signaled for the next model to come in. She was suppose to make ten evening gowns for some brides maids. The ladies were choosy and each one wanted to look greater than the other so to deal with her dilemma she designed a unique dress for each one of them.

"Mrs Modise you husband is here to see you" her secretary announced as Zinhle arrived modelling another one of her dress.

Bonang Matheba as Zinhle.

Kayla froze, "her husband" those two words that she used to like so much had turned to be painful to her. She wanted to scream at her secretary for calling him her husband but she held back. Swallowing a thick lump and plastering polite smile on her face she nodded to her secretary to let him in.

"Hello Kayla." She closed her eyes briefly to the sound of that voice. He looked ragged but it was not a bad look on him for he was a handsome man. She let out a breath she didn't realise she was holding. She kept her eyes on the two models.

"Michael, to what do I owe you this pleasure?" Her smile did not reach her eyes but Michael still apreciated the forced smile. Atleast she was not throwing things at him or even worse, calling security to drag him out. The pregnancy was treating her well, she looked more beautiful than ever and she was glowing.

"I wanna talk." He stated simply as he sat on the chair a few meters from her.

"And mom wanted me to greet you for her".

"Ohhh I will give her a call and wena what do you want to talk about?" She unconsciously rubbed her swollen stomach.

"A conversation that is long overdue Kay. You and I both know its high time we sit down and talk but we cannot talk here, it has to be somewhere private."

"You are right. Lets meet at the apartment in 30minutes. I have to finalise some few things in my office first."

"Okay." He gave her a small smile and left her office.

Kayla called in her assistant and assigned her to some tasks. She called her grandmother and told her that she was going to talk to Michael. Her grandmother was not keen on the idea of leaving her alone with Michael but Kayla assured her that they were just going to talk.

The drive to their townhouse was a painful one, her mind was full of thoughts. She did not know what to expect from this conversation, was he going to beg for forgiveness? Is he coming back? Is he getting a divorce?. A tiny bit of her heart was hopeful but a larger portion felt betrayed and vile. When she arrived at the apartment, he was already there and he was sitted in the couches on the sitting room. She sat at the couch far from him. He cleared his throat and rubbed his hands nervously.

"You know I love you right?" He asked softly with his eyes intensely gazing at her as if he was trying to read into her soul. She shook her head and let out a teary snort. She felt stupid, she vowed that she was not going to cry and less than a minute into the conversation she was already crying. She furiously rubbed off the stray tears and put on a brave face.

" I do love you Kayla." He said again with so much determination.
"No, you don't love me." She argued with a voice that was raw with so many emotions. She was battling with her emotions not to betray her and she was trying so hard not to cry.

"I do" He stated firmly. Kayla was not sure if he was trying to convince himself or her of that, she was not so sure about anything anymore and she sure as hell was not sure of her husband's love.

"Then why did you do it........" Her voice cracked and she looked away from him. Anger flared in her as she remembered that dreadful day in his office.

"Did you love me when you were with her? When you ran your hand through her hair, when you leaned in to kiss her, when you fucked her? Where was your so called love? Did you do all of that knowing that you love me or was that your sick way of expressing your love for me?" She glared vehemently at him. He stood up to come towards her but she backed away from him.

"Kayla..... " His eyes were cloudy and she couldn't understand why he was looking so sad. She was the one who was suppose to be sad and angry. She took a deep breath and asked calmly.
"And that's why you were relactant to touch me right? I mean it has to be! It meant you felt guilty. I mean everytime you touched me or kissed me , did it feel like you were cheating on her?"

"No, no Kayla" He tried to advance towards her but her glares rooted him to where he stood.
"Then what was it?" She needed to understand what the problem was that led him to cheat. She needed closure.

"I dont know how to explain it okay... it was...." he didnt know what to say to her without hurting her. He didnt want to hurt her more than he already did.

"It was what ? Because this was not just a one nightstand Michael. It was not just a night of uncontrollable burning passion.....This is months and months of prolonged and calculated betrayal. And lie upon lie and secret phone calls and secret hookups"

"Kay..." Every word was a slap in his face. Each one of it true, he had betrayed her more than once, he had lied to her over and over again.

"How can you do this to me? To us? How can you be so deceitful?" She asked again trying to understand him. Maybe, just maybe she could understand whatever led him to another woman's arms.

"I got to a place where I got bored, everything in our marriage became monotonous and i hated it. Yes, it got boring and I blamed it all on you. You were busy with building your company that you forgot your husband has needs. Yes, that's the reality. All the nagging, the constant talks about bussiness when we should have been talking about us and all the excuses that you were tired when we were suppose to have sex really did it for me. I became miserable and you didnt even notice."Michael finally snapped. He saw the unmasked raw emotions in her eyes and he regretted ever uttering those words. The words were said out of frustration and he hated that he had hurt her.

He saw the vulnerable girl he met years ago and for the first time since he had started cheating he saw how hurt his wife was. Anger, sadness, betrayal were all manifested in her lovely face.

Ga verder met lezen

Dit interesseert je vast

10.1K 340 25
Emma had spent years building her career in the corporate world. She had worked tirelessly to achieve success and prove to herself and the world that...
135K 8.2K 57
what happens when she sneaks her way into his cold heart and makes him feel things he has always denied himself to feel.
10.3K 507 42
What happens when love gets in the way of rivalry? Will the feeling of love be stronger than that of vengeance? A man and a woman meet under complica...
18.4K 362 43
Good