The Tale of Azure - Book I: S...

Av Ruze24

Since the Sorting, Myrtle finds comfort in being (almost always) alone. Until the day she meets a strange gir... Mer

Author's Preface
The Tale of Azure - Book I: "Shades of Green and Blue" Prologue
Chapter One: Azurelia Hildagarde Ashlane
Chapter Two: Myrtle Elizabeth Warren
Chapter Three: New Life, New School
Chapter Four: Mean Ravenclaws and Brave Slytherins
Chapter Five: The Strange Girl from Slytherin
Chapter Six: The Blood-traitor and the Half-blood Golden Boy
Chapter Seven: The New Potions Partner
Chapter Eight: The Importance of Changes
Chapter Nine: Alexia Branson, the "Good Vampire"
Chapter Ten: Stefan Salvatore, the Reformed "Ripper of Monterey"
Chapter Eleven: Reflections on an Archaic Society
Chapter Twelve: The Other World
Chapter Thirteen: Those Who Rule the Night
Chapter Fourteen: Love, an Unsolved Mystery
Chapter Fifteen: The Birth of an Alliance
Chapter Sixteen: Soulmates and Fates
Chapter Seventeen: The Serpent-tongue's Legacy
Chapter Eighteen: I AM LORD VOLDEMORT
Chapter Nineteen: An Imperfect World
Chapter Twenty: Behind Bespectacled Blue Eyes
Chapter Twenty-One: The Bridge Between Two Worlds
Chapter Twenty-Two: A Most Curious Cup and a Mysterious Chamber
Chapter Twenty-Three: Riddles and Secrets
Chapter Twenty-Four: A Different Christmas Eve
Chapter Twenty-Five: A Missing Cup, an Obliviated Elf and a Howler
Chapter Twenty-Six: Exposure and Threats
Chapter Twenty-Seven: The Perfect Prefect's True Colours
Chapter Twenty-Eight: The Oncoming Storm
Chapter Twenty-Nine: The Master of Death
Chapter Thirty: Past, Future and Present
Chapter Thirty-One: The Heir of Slytherin's Goal
Chapter Thirty-Two: A Bubble Bath on Sunday Morning
Chapter Thirty-Three: Lessons and Confessions
Chapter Thirty-Five: The Badger's Ambition
Chapter Thirty-Six: The Riddled Spider Web
Chapter Thirty-Seven: The Death of Myrtle Elizabeth Warren
Chapter Thirty-Eight: The Sacrifice and the Darkest Possible Future
Chapter Thirty-Nine: The Insidiousness of a Young Dark Lord
Chapter Forty: She Who Revels in Chaos
The Author's Afterword

Chapter Thirty-Four: The "Tricolour Trio"

23 1 0
Av Ruze24

A/N: Myrtle's Birthday Celebration Part Two!

Disclaimer: I do not own "Harry Potter", "Fantastic Beasts" and "Kuroshitsuji". I only own my OC's.

Azure smoothed the wrinkles on the gymslip and stuffed the bathrobe and other personal items in her pouch. Once she removed all spells, she turned to Myrtle who was syphoning all the water into a flask without the need of a wand.

Myrtle's wandless magic was beautiful to see. Silently, she activated her Aura Sight. The petite's Aura was shining so bright...like the stars in the night sky.

"'It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye'", Azure heard Myrtle quote as they left the bathroom. "From The Little Prince, a book written by Antoine-Saint-Exupéry."

"Which character says it?" 

"A fox when it is talking with the protagonist," Myrtle replied. "He is a young prince living on an asteroid and cares for a rose he keeps under a glass globe. The rose is his only friend until he decides to travel to other planets and meets new people, places, and animals." She gave her a quick kiss. "I strongly recommend it."

"I can't wait to read it."

One thing was students from different Houses having lunch together. But two girls from different Houses becoming a couple? That meant that there would be a new topic of juvenile gossip; in Hogwarts, news flew very quickly.

"Thank you, Myrtle...for accepting to be my girlfriend," Azure said, gazing at those beautiful periwinkle blue eyes. "For being here with me."

Myrtle smiled at her and pulled her into a hug as Azure inhaled a familiar scent of lemons and soap. "Someone very wise once told me that if you don't try, you will never know. I now know it."

Azure returned the hug and, smiling at Myrtle, she gestured to the door not too far from them. "They should know it too."

Exchanging nods, they entered the Great Hall. Several heads turned around, followed by incredulous gasps or sneers when Myrtle's hand slipped into Azure's. 

"'Zure, Myrtle!" Ru greeted as they sat in front of him. "Did anythin' 'appen?"

She grabbed some apples, spinach, chocolate cookies and shepherd's pie. "Something happened indeed," she replied cryptically.

 A proud Myrtle then explained to him that Azure had convinced her to go to the Prefects Bathroom where both of them had finally confessed their feelings.

Ru grinned before giving a high-five to Justin Corner, who was sitting on the bench behind him. Some junior students said "pay up" to their neighbours.

Hell, even Monfay was smiling a Cheshire-Cat-smile. Alphard Black was next to her, giving her some coins before muttering something like "but I am your cousin". 

"Business is business," came the curt reply.

A betting ring, Azure mused, glancing at Eileen Prince, the latter counting coins and looking unexpectedly giddy. As expected of a resourceful snake.

"What is inside of that?" Myrtle asked, pointing to the white box that was next to their friend's empty plate.

"Somethin'," he replied, resuming peeling his orange. "Meet up at four in our usual spot and yeh'll know."

Myrtle frowned and lowering her voice to a menacing whisper, "If it is another hairy thing with eight legs and too many eyes-

"It's not that," he cut her off before biting his bottom lip. "Aragog keeps sayin' that Hogwarts is no longer safe..."

Aragog was the Acromantula he was keeping in the dungeons inside of an old chest and feeding him – yes, he was a male – with bread crumbles and a couple of mice.

Myrtle didn't like spiders; in fact, the Boggart lesson had ended with her making the spider being stuck on the floor with some kind of gooey substance. When it was Azure's turn, the Boggart had shaped into the late Vinda Rosier and then a snake-faced man with red eyes, making her have another of her narcolepsy crisis.

"I have the feelin' that Tom found out about Aragog," he added with a serious whisper. "I thought we had been careful, but Tom..." He shook his head before letting out a mirthless chuckle. "Nothin' escapes our Golden Boy. It's like he has eyes everywhere."

Why hasn't the "Perfect Prefect" report it to the Headmaster yet? Those twits' job is tattling on and Riddle is mad strict about enforcing rules. The face of the collected dark-brown-eyed appeared in her mind. What is his endgame, I wonder...

Spiders are not very edible, unlike grasshoppers," Ru's voice snapped her out of her thoughts. "Real tasty fer Thailand and Burma peoples. Yeh' can find more in Professor Wood's fifth book, chapter eight. Professor Scamander wrote the second half."

"Bugs are also full of proteins," Azure added with a teasing grin to Myrtle who gave the taller girl a deadpan look.

"That does not make me feel better at all."

----------------------------------------------------//----------------------------------------------------

"Hello, Buckbeak!"

Buckbeak rose his head, crowing twice in recognizance of the trio. Named by Hagrid, he was also the eldest of five siblings. Myrtle had chosen the name "Hols" while Azure had come up with the name "Ethel" for the last and the only girl. Hols was a bit sickly, so it was not common for them to see her. Ethel, being the youngest and very shy, didn't feel comfortable around strangers. Every Friday afternoon, they liked to visit the baby hippogriffs.

"Ain' yeh' beautiful?" He cooed, tickling the foal's chin.

Azure was the first to greet him, deeply bowing before Buckbeak. It didn't take too long for the hippogriff to react, his head also bowing. Swallowing thickly, Myrtle slowly approached the creature who turned his curious eyes on her.

"Animals are extraordinary judges of character, little Doe," Aunt Siobhan had explained while Myrtle tentatively rested her palm on a pony's neck. "They know that inner beauty is more important than one's looks."

Taking a deep breath, she mimicked Azure, sighing of relief when Buckbeak bowed. Suddenly, she felt a weight on her hands and looked down, finding the white box. "For me?" She asked Azure who winked. "Can I open it?"

Identical grins appeared on Azure and Hagrid's faces as they chorused, "Go ahead!"

She lifted the lid, mouth opening in surprise: inside of the box was a fruit cake with lots of crystallized pieces of fruit and the words "Happy Birthday, Myrtle!" written in blue and green chocolate ganache.

Suddenly, they began singing – rather loudly – the "Happy Birthday Song". As Buckbeak crowed along, she placed her hand around the crucifix Keane had given her and smiled tearfully at her best friends. 

----------------------------------------------------//----------------------------------------------------

Squeezing the tube, Azure watched the delicious dark chocolate cream fall on the caramelized apples that decorated the top of the fruit cake and ate with gusto. Her mismatched eyes turned to Buckbeak. The way the hippogriff was sleeping on Ru's lap was so endearing she kicked herself for not bringing her camera and capture the moment.

Or I could paint and give it to him as a birthday gift. If I remember correctly, Ru's birthday is on 6th December...

"We know how much you enjoy nurturing magical creatures, Hagrid," Myrtle commented with an encouraging smile to the Gryffindor. "With some training, you will be a great magizoologist like Mr Scamander."

"Do yeh' really believe that?" He asked quietly. "My Giant blood...people will talk."

Myrtle scoffed. "Let them! They don't know you as we do. You have a good heart." She placed her arms on his shoulders, bespectacled eyes looking seriously at him. "Be more confident in yourself."

Azure clapped vigorously and smiled; for Myrtle to try to raise someone's self-esteem...she had indeed come a long way.

"An explorer, a medic and a magizoologist," Ru said, more to himself before grinning. "We make a great team, don' we?"

"If Holly had gotten the letter, she could be our group's badger," Myrtle pondered aloud. "She works hard and is dedicated when she wants to."

"Or she would join those fan-girls because if I remember, your dear little sister has a thing for dark, tall and handsome boys," Azure retorted. "During the wedding reception, Lord Ichijō got himself a new admirer in the groom's younger sister until his fiancée politely asked her to 'back off'. Another admirer of the twit is what this school does not need."

"Tom Riddle is not the only boy who fills those requirements," Myrtle pointed out. "And you are forgetting one detail: Holly only fancies boys with green eyes."

"That would reduce the number of male students to exactly 459: 30% Gryffindors,", "20% Ravenclaws, 40% Hufflepuffs and 10% Slytherins."

"That's scary, 'Zure. Yeh're scary."

Azure smiled and waggled her eyebrows at Ru. "I prefer the term 'well-informed', my friend."

"The other day, Holly wrote that she wants to go to college and become a successful lawyer." Myrtle sighed fondly. "She would be the first of the family."

"In that case, we would no longer be the 'Tricolour Trio'," Ru remarked with a frown. "Weird name."

"And lazy," Azure added. "If it were me, I would choose something different."

"As in something special that defines us, more than stupid rivalries and blood purity?" Myrtle supplied, undisguised disdain seeping from her last words.

"Like when Dumbledore asked us to imagine our Animagus form?" Ru guessed, mid-eating an orange slice. "When he said that one of Europe's top Transfiguration Masters, Firmino Veiga, would also be there, all I was thinkin' was ta come up with an excuse." His cheeks reddened in embarrassment. "I nearly flunked Transfiguration."

"A little pressure is to be expected," Myrtle reasoned with a shrug. "In the future, he might take one of us as his pupil."

Azure inwardly agreed with the raven-haired's words as she munched her piece of cake, remembering that she had passed out during her turn, which led to the test's rescheduling and a one-week stay in the school's Hospital Wing.

Madam Burnett had insisted very much on it.

Please, review!

Fortsett Γ₯ les

You'll Also Like

1.4K 170 30
π»π’Άπ“‡π“‡π“Ž π’«π‘œπ“‰π“‰π‘’π“‡ πΉπ’Άπ“ƒπ’»π’Ύπ’Έπ“‰π’Ύπ‘œπ“ƒ: π’ͺπ’ž 𝑀𝒢𝒾𝓃 π’žπ’½π’Άπ“‡π’Άπ’Έπ“‰π‘’π“‡ π™±πš˜πš˜πš” π™Ύπš—πšŽ 𝚘𝚏 πšƒπš‘πšŽ πš‚πš‘πšŠπšŒπš”πš•πšŽπš πš‚πšŽπš›πš’πšŽπšœ π™΄πšŸπšŽπš—πšπšž...
56.7K 1.3K 11
This story follows the return to Hogwarts of sixth year Scarlett Hilbrett and her friends- the pure-blood red-haired Weasley family; muggle-born Herm...
461 21 15
Its been a collective 6 days since Thomas Hartrod-- 13-year-old American self proclaimed entrepreneur-- and his childhood best friend, Melvin Hernand...
23.3K 954 29
❝ 𝒔𝒉𝒆 π’Šπ’” 𝒂 π’‡π’π’π’˜π’†π’“ π’ƒπ’π’π’π’Žπ’Šπ’π’ˆ π’Šπ’ π’˜π’Šπ’π’•π’†π’“, 𝒂 𝒍𝒐𝒏𝒆 π’ƒπ’†π’‚π’–π’•π’š 𝒐𝒇 𝒄𝒐𝒍𝒐𝒖𝒓 π’‚π’Žπ’Šπ’…π’”π’• 𝒕𝒉𝒆 𝒂𝒄𝒉𝒆 𝒐𝒇 𝒕𝒉𝒆...