The Female Soldier [EDITING]

By genigen13

"Don't touch, my father, don't dare lay a finger on me, and get the hell out of here, before I make you eat m... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13.2
Chapter 14.2
Chapter 15.2
Chapter 16.2
Chapter 17.2
Chapter 18.2
Chapter 19.2
Chapter 20.2
Chapter 21.2
NOTICE
Chapter 22.2
Chapter 24.2
Chapter 25.3
Chapter 26.3
Chapter 27.3
Chapter 28.3
Chapter 29.3
Chapter 30.3
Chapter 31.3
Chapter 32.3
Chapter 33.3
Chapter 34.3
Chapter 35.3
Chapter 36.4
Chapter 37.4
NOTICE
UPDATE: RELEASE DATE AND Q&A
Chapter 38.4

Chapter 23.2

729 42 4
By genigen13

The knife that flew past them lodged itself into the tree behind Eurielle. A low laugh echoed in the forest, making Alexander clench his teeth. "And here I thought, Haven armies weren't smart enough to put the pieces together.." came a low prideful voice from behind them. A tall woman stepped out from behind the trees. Her cruel green eyes bright. She wore light armor, with a sword strapped to her side, and long golden blonde hair tied into a tight braid. Eurielle recognized the look from the intel she had learned from Jumin. What that woman wore, was a common look for women in Leonarda.

"You're the spy.." Alexander said lowly, reaching for the knife in his belt. Eurielle was frozen in shock, her silver eyes wide. The woman smiled, bowing to them mockingly. "At your service" she purred, straightening her spine, and rolling her shoulders. The woman licked her lips, like a predator sizing up their prey. "I've gone to great lengths to collect this information for our glorious empire. Your soldiers are so weak to a beautiful face." The woman's eyes land on Eurielle, sending uncontrollable shivers down her spine. Gods that look..the look in her eyes...she knew..she didn't know how, but...

That woman knew her secret.

"Eric Louder, main scout, very skilled in your work. Especially when it comes to house hold chores, and listening" the woman took a step closer to them, putting a slender scarred hand to her chin. "I have discovered something very interesting about you..." she said sweetly. Eurielle felt her breath coming out uneven. Not here, not now, not when she's come this far. Too far, and in front of Alexander? Oh gods how was she going to explain it? If they even lived through this encounter. Alexander took a step in front of her, "leave him alone, before I carve out your tongue" he threatened. The woman barked a laugh, loud enough to send even the bugs skittering away. "Alexander Sneg, trying to play the hero? Again?"

Alexander visibly stiffened. The knife in his hand beginning to shake. "Didn't that shit go wrong the first time? So is the little lady behind you gonna die too? Like your precious Natalia?" Alexander's mind went blank, not from his sisters name coming out from the woman's mouth. But from the mention of a woman behind him. But..Eric was behind him...Alexander slowly turned around, his eyes wide. Eric, was gripping his cloak tightly. His silver eyes wide, visibly shaking. His features deformed to those of shame, fear, and rage. All into one, he almost didn't recognize the boy he'd come to grow fond over. If he was even a boy...

Eurielle swallowed, willing her body to calm, before looking into the wide eyes of Alexander. "Not like this..." she whispered, gripping his cloak tighter. "It wasn't supposed to happen like this..." she repeated. Alexander could only muster up a slow nod, not trusting his mouth to make a comment on the matter at the moment. Their concern wasn't the exposing of their secrets, it was getting out alive, and returning with the information they had pieced together. Even if it meant one of them walking away from this. Eurielle took a deep breath, willing her body to take a step forward, gently pushing Alexander back. A signal, to get away. "Why are you doing this?" She asked as if it wasn't already obvious. A stupid question really, but if it bought them sometime...she was willing to play the role of the stupid one.

The woman only gave her a toothy smile. Unsheathing her sword, "I can't let you leave here alive. Not with that precious information you carry."

Then without any warning, she swung. Her movements were swift, faster than she'd have ever seen. Eurielle barely had time to dodge, silently thanking Jumin for the brutal training he'd given her. The woman only grinned, thrusting her sword through the air with deadly accuracy. Eurielle quickly drew the knife she kept in her belt, and blocked the blade. Crying out in agony when it sliced into her shoulder. The woman back tracked, swinging her blade in her hand. Eurielle tried not to grasp her throbbing wound, warm blood staining her shirt. "Not bad" she chirped. Eurielle huffed, holding up the seemingly too small knife in her hand. "En guarde." The woman charged.

Eurielle kept up for a while, blocking every blow, jab, and slice aimed at her body. At some point the woman had disarmed her, the knife sent flying from Eurielle's hand. And knocking her ass to the ground, but she wasn't done. No In fact, far from it. Eurielle quickly got back on her feet. Sending a kick into the woman's open right side. It was enough to send her flying into a tree, her grip loosening from around her sword. The woman grinned up at her not even bothering to clutch at her side. Though she seemed like she wanted to. "Allow me to know, your real name.." she  slowly choked out. Eurielle held up her fists, jumping back and forth on both feet. The first thing Jumin taught her. "My name is Eurielle," she huffed out. Blood spurting from her wound. She ignored it. The woman charged sending a punch into her jaw. "Alice" she replied. Eurielle felt dizzy, and saw stars. Not being able to see the high kick aimed at her head. Not until it hit home, sending her plummeting into the ground. A large figure pounced on Alice, knife aimed at her throat. The blonde quickly pulled  him off of her. Then knocked him out a with a head butt to the face. Throwing his limp body next to her. Eurielle turned her head, seeing Alexander's bloody nose trickling into the grass. Idiot...didn't get the memo..she thought bitterly. Was she going to die like this? In the woods where no one would find her? Oh her poor father...what would he say? When she never came home?

Eurielle turned her head to hide her tears. Not like this, not when she had already come so far. She didn't want to die yet. Eurielle looked towards Alexander, his fist clenching something tightly in his hand. Still clutching his knife she realized, eyes widening.  "You've put up a good fight, Eurielle, I'm sad to kill such an honorable warrior." Alice began, flicking her wrist to reveal a blade in her hand. Eurielle slowly reached up, grasping Alexanders knife tightly in her hand. Alice, so drunk on victory didn't notice, eyes gleaming brightly as she sat on top of the smaller girl. Straddling her.

"Goodbye, Eurielle. May our goddess take mercy and birth you into our beautiful empire" she grinned, holding up the blade high above her head. Eurielle took the opening, and swung the knife high above her. Right into Alice's open throat.

For a moment, there was silence, as Alice looked down at the blade in her throat, then at Eurielle. She vomited blood, splattering it everywhere. In the grass, on Eurielle's shirt, even her face. Blood even sprayed from the wound, it seemed she hit an artery. The golden haired woman fell over into the grass, her green eyes still open and staring up into the starry lit sky. Blank, unlit eyes, so unlike the ones from earlier. That shone with pride, to the verge of insanity. Eurielle quickly sat up, her body screaming from the wounds Alice had given her earlier. She reached up to touch her face, pulling back her hand to gaze at blood soaked fingers.

Realizing what she had done, she let out an agonizing screech. That sent even the birds flying away from her. Eurielle's mind went completely blank, save for only one thought. She had killed someone, the blood on her body suddenly felt sickening. The smell of iron making her stomach churn from the meal she had earlier.

Eurielle turned her head, and vomited. Tears prickling her eyes as she continued to do so. Afterwards she just sat on her knees crying, and screaming. Guilt clawing it's way through her stomach and chest. The noise caused Alexander to stir. Eurielle noticed, but didn't do anything. Watching as he slowly sat up, head turning to look at the dead body a few feet away from him. His head suddenly turned, eyes lighting up when he saw her, and slowly stood up. Wincing, and clutching his head, but still managed to make his way towards her, although pitifully. "Are you alright?" He asked, eyes landing on the vomit next to her. Eurielle shook her head. Tears still streaming from her eyes. Alexander's eyes softened, he knew what happened. Didn't blame her for it, as he pulled her close to him. And began rubbing her back soothingly, as she again began to cry. Very loudly. "It's okay..." he said gently, "you're okay, we're okay..."

"We're okay..."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Okay...this was a tough chapter to write. So yes Eurielle just killed someone, and she's not taking it so well. Ah my poor baby. Alexander, is comforting her next chapter and they're having a little heart to heart talk too. So look forward to some fluff.

Also, I'll be taking a break from updates for about two weeks before I start rolling out the third season of the story. Finals are approaching and all. Sadly. And I decided to start editing the first twelve parts of the story, I'll be adding more detail, and extra information in these parts, as well as some chapters in the second season so look forward to that.

See you guys next week, vote and comment, also recommend! Love ya!!!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

448K 23.6K 24
Harriet has always been the type of girl who would rather ride horses than stitch embroidery, practice her sword-fighting than practice her curtsies...
10.3K 756 47
Mysterious - Slow Burn - Friends to Lovers • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • •...
70K 2.4K 57
"Do you normally make-out with the people you're hired to kill? It doesn't strike me as very professional." "Put the gun down," Gabriel panted, not...
4.1M 135K 51
Emmanuelle is running, running from a heartbreak she doesn't want to remember. Packing her things she takes off, driving to a wherever her car takes...