latch :: calum hood (rewritin...

By PLVTONIC

"whatever our souls are made of, his and mine are the same." ©PLVTONIC More

intro.
i.
ii.
iii.
iv.
v.
vi.
vii.
viii.
ix.
x.
xi.
xii.
xiii.
xiv.
xv - flashback
xvi.
xvii.
xviii.
xix.
xxi.
xxii.
xxiii.
xxiv.
xxv.
xxvi.
xxvii - flashback
xxviii.
xxiv.
authors note :/
i came to a conclusion
calm + im back

xx.

5.5K 217 128
By PLVTONIC

ashton (AM I EVEN ALLOWED TO DO THIS. THIS IS A ONCE IN LIFETIME ASH POV CHAP) (read my authors note at the end pls)

"What if I told you guys that I fucked up." Calum says to me, licking his dry lips. I had agreed to walk him home, since he told me he really needed advice on something. Luke and Michael tagged along, without telling Scarlet, due to Calum's specific rules for it to be 'dudes only'.

"I would say I'm not surprised." Luke laughs, combing his fingers through his hair, fixing it. I let out a small chuckle, agreeing with Luke.

"Fucked up how?" Michael asked, huffing a bit. He, along with the rest of us, probably don't want to hear about any drama that involves their relationship. Don't get me wrong, I love Scarlet and Calum to death, but them to together has put this group through hell and back, and I'm not going to deal with it anymore.

"Please don't tell me there's something going on with you and Scarlet already." I whined, rubbing my temples to mentally prepare myself for whatever he was about to say.

"I thought things were going good." Luke adds, skipping a pebble around with Michael as they walked.

"It is. It really is but -" Calum stopped wheeling and put his hands to his face. He shook his head, swearing to himself underneath his breath. "I really messed up this time."

"It can't be that bad." I whined, assuming that Calum was just exaggerating. I know that this time he wants everything to be perfect between him and Scarlet, but nothing is necessarily perfect, so why try to make it.

He glared at me. "It's possibly the worst thing I could ever do."

"Its not like you got one of your hookups pregnant." Luke joked under his breath, making Michael and I chuckle along with him. That's when Calum looked down at his hands, trembling.

My eyes suddenly widen, along with Michael's and Luke's. Our mouths left slightly agape.

"No!" My voice raised louder than I intended. "You did not get someone pregnant!"

His mouth hung open, unable to say something.

"Are you fucking kidding me?!" Luke shouts, pacing back and forth angrily.

"You couldn't keep your man juices to yourself Calum?! There's a thing called condoms for a reason!" Michael adds.

"Yelling at me doesn't help it at all!" Calum yells, sulking in his wheelchair. "I already feel like shit." he murmurs lowly to himself. I exhaled deeply, stopping over at a tree and sitting down.

"This is going to kill Scarlet." I say to myself, a bit too loud for them to hear. I was thinking about how peaceful things have been lately. How happy both of best friends have been together. How happy we have all collectively have been together. I couldn't fathom us being in a better place, emotionally, after what had happened. For this to happen, is only going to bring us back to square one.

"What are you going to do?" Luke asked, taking a seat next to me, along with Michael. Calum shrugged. He was probably scared shitless. Calum, with a child. He can barely make fricking toast.

"Jenni is going to take a test after school. Tell me the results I guess." Calum ran his fingers through his hair, what he normally does when he's anxious.

I was not suprised when he told us that Jenni was the one that was apparently pregnant.

"And if she is?" Michael questioned, playing with his nails. "Is she going to -"

"Keep it?" Calum cuts him off, shuddering at the thought of the alternative. "I mean, I don't even know. I don't want to consider what she might do, but its her body, her choice I suppose."

I look at Calum, who couldn't bare to look at anything else but the sky. Whatever he believes in, I assume he's looking up and asking why is this all happening to him. And as much as this is going to affect us all, it pertains to him and Scarlet the most. I did not know what to say at this point. I felt as if any possible reaction is not going to help this situation the slightest.

"When are you going to find out the results?" Luke asked, just as anxious as the rest of us. A part of this all seemed wrong to me. The timing of this just seemed seemed so wrong. Nothing was necessarily adding up.

"Dunno." Calum shrugged, sighing to himself. We were nearly inching closer to his house, Mali sitting on the porch reading a book. "I don't even know how I'm going to tell Scarlet. I have to tell her."

The rest of us exchanged looks at a lost of words. Mali smiled at the rest of us as she heard us come closer. She waved enthusiastically, although none of us were actually in a good mood. We waved back, however, faking smiles to disguise what was going on.

"I'm scared, guys. I am so scared that she is going to tell me she is." Calum told us. "I don't know what I would do."

We all sigh, looking at each other without saying much. What exactly can you say? Everything is going to be fine? Because I would be lying to one of my best friends.

Luke and Michael had to quickly go home before their parents killed them. With that, they said their goodbyes and began walking the opposite way. We all lived pretty close to one another, so it not much of a walk. I sat on the steps of Calum's house, toying around with my thumbs. I decided to stay and wait until he received the news from Jenni.

Calum did not have much to say at this point. I assume that his mind was flooded with all these thoughts that made him completely anxious. I'm just as anxious because at the end of the day, these two of my best friends, and I don't want any other them to get hurt. Especially Scarlet.

"I never imagined having a kid til after I was married." Calum breaks the silence. I look at him, his eyes completely worrisome. "I thought I was going to have kids with someone I was going to grow old with."

"Like Scarlet" I quickly but in, assuming.

Calum shrugged at me. " I love Scarlet more than anything, but who truly knows who they're supposed to grow old with? I would hope that it would be Scarlet. As of now, she's the person I could only imagine myself growing old with."

I nod, taking all that he has to say in. It would be a nice sight to see. The five of us, all old together. Scarlet and Calum fighting on who's job it was to do the Christmas shopping for their grand-kids this year. Or Michael being completely bald because of the numerous amount of chemicals he continues to drown his hair in. Luke trying to be a flirty old man, failing to realize he isn't a hot teen anymore with blond hair and blue eyes. And lastly me, I would probably walking around with a cane, swearing at the younger generation, and calling them hoodlums.

That would be completely nice. And for a short moment of time, I forgot about everything that has happened and thought how utterly amazing that would be for all of us. How happy we would be.

Suddenly, Calum's phone began to ring, omitting me out of my daze. His fingers trembled, swipping across the screen to answer the call. I sat there, motionless. I tried my best not to make a sound, as well as Calum, who just listened while Jenni talked. I was able to hear her from the other side of the phone, which sounded like sobbing. Calum dropped his phone, which landed in his lap, his face becoming increasingly pale. He did not have so say a single word for me to know the answer.

She was pregnant.

I gently grabbed the phone off Calum's lap, hanging up.

"I think I'm going to be sick." He says to me, clenching his stomach. He quickly wheeled himself to a corner, beginning to puke. I look away, not wanting to hear or see anything. Mali rushed outside, looking at the two of us.

"Is everything okay?" She asked me, pointing at her brother. I did not know how to respond, but I shook my head.

"Calum's in a very messy situation." I inform her, in the simplest terms. I got up, telling Calum that I would call him later. It seemed only reasonable for him to really talk to his sister about this. Mali was very reliable and I knew that if anyone was going to fully support him, more than any of the four of us could, it would be Mali.

I started to walk, not having an actual destination at this point. I was just trying to piece this all together. It made no sense. Calum told me that the last time he slept with Jenni was two months before the accident. He said they had hooked up after that, but did not have sex.

We all stayed in the hospital for about a week or two. Then due to our parents worrisome attempts, we stay home for 6 weeks.

It hard to believe that a girl failed to realize that she was with child for about 16 weeks, roughly four months. I shake my head, at the thought. I did not want her to be pregnant, but it also seems like a dick move to accuse someone of lying.

Lying for what exactly? I did my best to put myself in Jenni's shoes.

She supposedly loved Calum, although I feel that she surely mistaken love for lust.

She's probably feeling hurt, betrayed, even used.

Which would give her ever reason to lie. To hurt Calum. Ruin Scarlet and Calum's relationship. To win him back.

I pull my phone out, dialing in a familiar number. I pulled my phone to my ear, breathing heavily waiting for a response.

"Hello." the voice said.

"Hello Ms. Wilde. Would it be wrong for me to drop by for a few?" I asked, tapping my foot while waiting for an answer.

I could feel her smile, expanding on her face. "Yes Ashton! You are welcomed here anytime. See you soon."

I grabbed some change, waiting for the next bus to arrive.

******

I always get a bit intimated, coming to this side of town. Something I am completely not used to. Westerleigh Heights, where all the high paid lawyers and doctors and such live with their families. I lived in a nice little suburban part of town, feeling extremely grateful for just that. But these houses were just wow.

I walk up to a house I found myself at often, fixing myself up a bit. I ring the doorbell, my heart beating really fast.

I hear a small shout and the running of footsteps. I let out a nervous sigh.

"Mom don't worry I got it, Hi how -" she started at me, anxiously. "Ashton, what the hell are you doing here?!"

I felt a sly smirk on my face appear when I looked at her.

"I was really hoping you were going to open your door. Guess I got lucky, Jennifer." I cross my arms into my chest.

"Why are you here Ashton?" She grits through her teeth.

"Dunno. Here to check on the pregnant -" She cuts me off, grabbing onto my wrists, pulling me inside. She dragged my all the way upstairs. Her little brother Matthew looked at me, waving at me a bit.

"Hello Mr and Mrs. Wilde." I greet, while being pulled into Jenni's room. She slams the door behind me, locking it. She turns to me, pushing my chest a bit.

"Did Calum send you here?" She asked, moving strands of her hair behind her ear. I shook my head.

"I came here myself. He doesn't even know that we know each other like that." I answered.

I paced around her room, finding a place on her bed to sit.

"16 weeks" I spoke up. Her eyebrows raised, looking at me suspiciously. I let out a quite chuckle. "You're 16 weeks pregnant apparently."

She scoffed, "Apparently?"

I rolled my eyes back at her. "Yes, apparently. Because although you come of as a wannabe stupid blonde, even though you're brunette, I know you aren't stupid."

"Does Calum know you're here?" She tried to change the subject.

"No, like I said before. I came here myself." I repeated.

"Well you can leave." she demanded. I scoffed right back at her.

"Jennifer Wilde. Daddy is a big time lawyer, while your mother is a CEO of a successful company. You attended an Ivy League boarding school for 7 years. Top of your class." I rambled on.

"Your point?" She groaned at me.

"I know you aren't stupid. You would have noticed if you were pregnant for four whole fucking months."

She paused for a second, finding the right words to say to me.

"Well you should know girls aren't as bright Ashton. Don't you remember Abigail?" She smirked at me. I bit the side of my mouth, remember a bitter memory from the past.

"Do your friends now about your little mishap in boarding school and how you got kicked out? Or did you tell them that you missed them so much that you decided to come back?" Her voice became more stern, after mocking the events that had happened prior. I clench my fists a bit, avoiding possible anger, but that only causes her to click her tongue.

"Calm down Ashton, we know where your anger takes you." Jenni knew just how to push my buttons.

"You aren't pregnant are you?" I just wanted answers, before I stormed out of here to let Scarlet know what was going on.

"It is none of your business if I am or not!" She yelled.

"Well you told Calum you are, so obviously you're knocked up!" I shouted back. In the back of my mind, I knew that she was telling me compete and utter lies.

"Ashton, don't get involved with this. It is between Calum and I."

I shook my head at her at disbelief. I can't believe that someone could be so ignorant. It was not between just her and Calum. It was her, Calum, and Scarlet. And the aftermath of all of this is surely going to affect the rest of the people around them.

"And if you don't tell my parents about this, I won't mention the whole boarding school incident to your friends. I won't mention to Calum how you and I happened to know each other long before I began to hook up with him." She continued. Enough was enough at this point.

"And what if I don't? What if I walk out right now and tell your daddy about how his little girl does not know how to keep her legs closed?" I threatened. Two can play at this game.

"Don't forget that my daddy helped cover up that assault charge a few years ago. My daddy also payed for the funeral of the girl you happened to have knocked up! So Ashton Irwin, in the sweetest of terms, get the hell out of my house, and we will go back to pretending like we have had no knowledge of each other, alright."

She walked towards her room door, opening it for me. It was a signal that it was my time to go, which was completely fine by me since I couldn't bear being here for another second. I slowly walk out of her room before halting.

"I swear on Abigail's grave, if you are lying about this pregnancy to be a spitefully bratty little bitch, I will personally make sure you get a taste of your own medicine. Because, dammit Jenni, Calum and Scarlet have been thru enough and if this is a plan to try and get Calum back, you are surely going to fail at that."

I could hear her gulp harshly at my threat.

"Well, I guess I'll prove you wrong a few months from now." She replied shortly after. I nod, not wanting to possibly fuel another arguement between the both of us.

I said my goodbye to her family, hoping that next time I have to be here is to give Matthew lessons on the drums.

I close the door, walking faster than normal down the street. I couldn't stay in this atmosphere for another second. I was also dreading have to go tell Scarlet that Jenni is pregnant. Even though I think it's complete bullshit, I need more proof. Like I mentioned before, Jenni is extremely smart which makes her manipulative, so proving that she isn't pregnant is going to be hard. And it will make me seems like the hugest dick.

My thoughts about what had happened in boarding bombarded my mind, causing my heart to beat faster. I take a seat on the bench, collecting myself together. Nothing seemed to matter once the bus arrived for me to go to Scarlet's house.

And once again, I was back on track on the nauseating cycle centered around the only people who ever seem to matter to others,

Scarlet and Calum.

-----

a lot was going on in this chapter and it could be really confusing thats why you should read this

so ashton is going to play a big role in the whole jenni is pregnant thing. if you recall, i mentioned that ashton did go to boarding school when he was a bit younger. also in the chapter when jenni comes to the hospital, ashton doesn't even acknowledge her existence.

well they have a bit of history. ashton and jenni knew each other in boarding school. while ashton was in boarding school he fell so in l(ust)ove with his girl abigail who he did get pregnant. she didn't know she was pregnant for a really long time which caused her to continue doing bad stuff to the baby and herself, such as drinking and doing drugs. abigail got completely wasted at a party which caused her and the baby to die, cause of death: drug overdose

ashton was devastated and such. abigail had a brother named phil, who blamed ashton for her death and knocking his sister up and all that stuff. they got in an altercation, hence the assault charge. thats when jenni comes in because her family helped ashton get a deal to leave boarding school and cover up the charge while also paying for the funeral. in a way to pay them back, ashton often goes to their house to give jenni's brother drum lessons. but no one knows this happened to ashton since everyone is so preoccupied with scarlet and calum!!#@12113#!@

ash really cares for his friends and wants everything to just be ok so he's trying to make sense of it

this made no sense but ashtons going to play a huge part of this, if you have more questions, inbox me !

im making an ashton fanfic based on his boarding school expierence called 'disorder' so check that out

hope you liked it xx

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.2K 117 19
117K 5.2K 25
you're just a project. not a lover. copyright 2014 completed.