Gentle Predator

Af Jia-Belle

Who do you become when you've lost yourself? When the world you know is torn into pieces, is it not easy for... Mere

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35

Chapter 15

699 16 2
Af Jia-Belle

Hello everyone!

So, here is chapter 15.

Enjoy!

Chapter 15 

"Stella" a voice said from behind of me. I didn't even dare to turn around. No matter who may be calling my name, they are a wolf. I'm trying to avoid wolves, but it seems like everyone around here are wolves! "God dammit, Stella. Stop moving." I rolled my eyes at Noah before walking faster. I don't even know where I was going, but I wasn't staying inside that house with those people. 

"You don't even know where you're going." 

"I don't care to know." I snapped glaring back at him.  

He was following me, but keeping his distance. I really don't even care if I get lost. Hopefully I could get killed by one of his kind so I don't have to deal with it. I heard a whining sound come from behind of me causing me to sigh. "Tink, please talk to me." he mumbled holding on to my wrist. It didn't surprise me how quickly he moved. Nothing he does now doesn't surprise me. "Let go of my hand." I whispered looking down at the ground. 

"Not until you tell me why you are so angry with everyone." 

"I'm not angry." 

"Stop fucking lying to me!" he roared shaking me a little. Remind me never to get Noah mad again. Now I know what can happen I don't want to see it. A tear fell from my face as I continued to look at the ground. "Stella" he whined pulled me closet to his hard body.  

"Tell me what is wrong with you." 

"Nothing" I whispered pushing away from him. He pulled me back to him and engulfs me in a hug. Without any warning, he pressed his soft lips against mine. Out of shock, I pushed him away from me. I can't kiss him. 

I cannot kiss a... Wolf.  

He is an animal for Christ's sakes. I stared at him with wide eyes before pulling away from him. "No, I can't kiss you." I mumbled walking away farther. His facial expression looked hurt, but he tried to play it off. Instead he gave me this blank look and a deep breath. "Why not?" he finally said walking towards to me. 

"Because..."  

"Because what?"  

"Because you're a werewolf. A freaking wolf. I cannot kiss a wolf."  

I couldn't hold it in anymore. I was about to explode. Noah stared at me with a shocked expression before taking a deep breath. He ran his hands through his hair before turning his gaze back to me. "Who told you." he mumbled eyes turning a darker color. 

"I found out myself." 

"Don't lie to me, Stella. Who the hell told you." this time he yelled back at me. He stood in front of me this time with a murderous look on his face.  

"I got this feeling like something was wrong with you people, so I did my research. I went into the woods on the full moon and stabbed this wolf and it turned and he told me, and why didn't you tell me, Noah. I thought you were my friend." 

"I am your friend, and the reason why I didn't tell you because I wanted to protect you." 

"From what? You?"  

At this point I was angry. How dare he say he was trying to protect me? I didn't know about these werewolves when I was attacked by those wolves. How is that protecting me? I almost died on that day. In fact, every encounter I had with a wolf almost killed me. Why didn't this come earlier to me? How more stupid can I be? "Where am I from?" I asked staring into his darken eyes. "The guy told me that everyone who lives around here are werewolves. I'm clearly not one, so where the hell am I from?" all I got was silence from him. He just stared there watching me. This is not the time for Noah to play stupid. That can only mean he doesn't have the answer to my question. "Exactly." I mumbled walking away from him.  

From the back I heard footsteps from behind of me, but I didn't dare to turn around. "Where are you going?" Noah yelled. 

"Home."  

"Stella, you don't even remember where you live." 

"As long as it is not here, I don't give a damn."  

~~~

I didn't exactly go looking for my real home but I didn't want to tell Noah that. Instead I went over to Alyson's. I know she is a wolf and I know I hate them right now, but I just want someone to talk to. I don't want to talk to Noah because I'm still pissed off at him.  

Alyson's parents went off to a vacation, I think, so Alyson was home alone. I was happy for that. I don't need to be in a house filled with werewolves. "So..." I trailed off looking anywhere but at Alyson. We were in the living room looking at different things for her party on Halloween, which was next week.  

She sighed, and then removed her gaze from the computer. "Stella, just because you found out that I'm a wolf that doesn't make me different than the person I was before. If I was as bad as you think werewolves are then you would be sitting here right now." she has a point. They are just the same people. Werewolf or not, If they really were that mean, they would've killed me already.  

Maybe even worst. 

"I'm sorry" I sighed with a pout. She only chuckled then went back to looking at the computer screen. I kind of felt better now since she said that. I'm not putting my guard down because of it, but I'm more welcoming. "Have you figured out what's your costume?" Alyson asked breaking the silence between us. I place my hand on my chin and began to think. 

What would I want to be? 

What would the old Stella want to be?  

Would the old me even think about dressing up for some Halloween party. "I don't know." I frowned slumping down on the couch. A smirk formed on my face as an idea came to mind. "Maybe I can be a vampire." I said winking at her. I watched in amusement as a scroll appeared on Alyson's face then it was replaced with a smirk. 

"You actually believe in vampires."  

"Well if werewolves are real, then why the hell not?" she chuckled as she shook her head at me. I wonder if vampires are real. At this point right now, I would believe that fairies are real right now. "Have you ever seen one?" I asked playing with the buttons on my shirt. Alyson looked up like she was thinking for an answer then turned to me. "No, and let's stop talking about them, please?" I rolled my eyes before nodding my head.  

Just then there were a knock on the door causing Alyson to growl. Before she could, I got up and walked towards the door. As I opened it, there standing was the twins. Now, I know Alyson hates Louis, so why would they be here. "Hello, little Miss. Brave." Louis said walking into the house. I glared at his back before motioning for Liam to walk in.  

Closing the door, I could already hear the bickering between the two best friends. "Why are you guys here?" I asked Liam as we walked towards the living room. As always he had a mellow look on his face. Nothing compare to Louis's always smiling and friendly face. "Alyson's parents aren't here." he simply said with a shrug. I raised my eyebrow at him so he can enlighten me. He chuckled before tapping my head. "Think of it, Stella. This is a pretty big house, Alyson is our best friend, and we're teenagers. Do I even have to continue?" I laughed at his comment as we walked into the living room. 

Louis was sitting right next to Alyson by her laptop and watching the different things on the screen. I really don't get those two. They bicker like a married old couple, but sit next to each other like happy lovers. I don't understand at all. 

Liam took a seat on the smaller couch as I sat on the sofa and put up my legs. "You should get this scary clown thing that pops open and scare people." Louis told Alyson with a bright smile on his face. Alyson turned to him and fake amusement. "So we're gonna put you in a box and leave you on the front yard to scare people? Seems like a pretty good idea." I could help but laugh at the look that was on the poor boys face. 

Why must she pop his bubble like that? I think the clown thing is a pretty good idea. It is a Halloween party.  

Louis frowned at Alyson before shoving her on the couch. She straightens back up, and then shoves him back.  

"Hey" Liam called pointing at them. "Let's behave like young adults, shall we?" 

"Of course." Alyson smiled turning to Louis. With that smile still on her face, she brought her hands up and slapped him. She actually slapped him across the face. That playful look on Louis's face turned into a deep scroll. His eyes darkened and his face tensed.  

All of a sudden he began shaking and I started getting worried. "No, no, no." Liam said sprinting off the car. "You are not changing inside the house." what does he mean by changing inside the house? I watched as pulled his by the arm and towards the back door.  

That is something. 

I looked at Alyson and raised my eyebrow, but she just shrugged. "Is he going to turn?" it felt so strange to say that. Alyson nodded and I felt this wave of excitement run though me. I want to see how it would look if a person change into a wolf. I shot from my seat and ran towards the backyard. Hopefully he hasn't turned yet. 

When I got outside, Liam was trying to calm his brother down. "Stella, don't come any closer." Liam warned when he noticed me. I watched from my spot as Louis let out a growl and went on his hands and knees. All of a sudden his limbs started bending in this unnatural way, and a growl after growl left him. Soon then a wolf replaced his figure. His fur was a light shade of brown on top, but the lower it went to darker it became.  

He looked beautiful. 

Nothing compare to the gray wolf, he still was amazing. "Wow" I whispered staring at him in awe. Louis's wolf howled before letting out a growl at Liam. "Hey, I wasn't the one to get you mad." he said folding his arms. They seem to be talking through mind link like the book said. When the wolf isn't attacking you, the sense can be really pretty. 

Louis's gray eyes trailed to me before looking at Liam. His brother chuckled then turned to me. "He wants to change." Liam smirked.  

"Well go ahead." 

"Stella, think about it. He wants to change."  

I thought about it for a while before finally getting it. My lips formed and oh then I giggled. "Sorry" I walked back into the house with my cheeks burning. 

That was pretty awkward.  

***

"Put me down." I laughed as Louis ran around the school hallways with me hanging on his shoulder. Today was the day when the other school comes and have their little soccer game again. Can you believe these people cancelled the rest of school for this stupid game? It's not even that serious. Let's not forget about that stupid bet Noah and that boy has on me. That's the only reason why I would go. I want to see who wins the game and practically me.  

"Louis, I mean it. I'm getting dizzy." I giggled as we walked into the field. It was somewhat full with people from this school and the other. I spotted Alyson and directed Louis to go over to her. "Stop being a caveman." Alyson mumbled when she saw our position. "Me, strong man, save little woman from bad people." Louis said as he placed me down on the grown.  

It took me a while to steady myself, but I manage. I took a seat next to Alyson and wave goodbye to Louis as he ran on the field. "How can you not like Louis? He is so much fun." I told Alyson turning to her. She snorted then began messing with her iPad. "You haven't spent your whole life with him." she mumbled.  

"You guys should go on a date." 

"No"  

"You can try it."  

"Stella, I rather spend a day with monkeys than with him."  

I rolled my eyes at her then look down at the field. I don't even know why I try. I'm not going to understand what is going on. So, I just stare at the hot guys' running back and forth on the field. One pacific hot guy named Noah, turned to look at me and pouted. I haven't talked to him ever since I told him about me knowing about the wolf thing. I haven't even been staying at his house, which I just found out is the pack house. 

I fake a pout back at him then continued to look around the field. "You know he's sorry he didn't tell you, right?" Alyson said causing me to turn to her. She was still looking at her iPad, but was still talking to me.  

"I know. This is just a temporary hate."  

"And you want to give me guy advice when you are clearly blind that Noah cares about you."  

"Noah and I have a very complex relationship. You just hate Louis to the core."  

There is a difference between my relationship and Alyson's. Noah and I can get along, we can sit and talk, hell we even share a bed once in a while. Louis and Alyson can't even sit at the same lunch table together. It's just bicker, bicker, and bicker. She rolled her eyes at me before standing up. "let's make a bet." no I hate bets. The last one I made went terrible. 

"Hmm what kind of bet?"  

"I go on a date with Louis; you go on one with Noah. We would see who was right." go on a date with Noah?  

Why would I even do that?  

I mean, he's like a brother to me. I don't want to go on a date with my brother. That's just disturbing. I quickly got up and followed Alyson as she began walking around the area. 

"What if he says no?"  

"Trust me; nosh is not going to say no." 

"Say no to what?" A voice said from behind of me. Why must they always scare me like that?! I turned around with my hand on my chest and glared at Noah. "Nothing" I quickly said. "Stella wants to go on a date with you." I glared at Alyson but turned back to Noah. He had a surprised look on his face. Great, he doesn't even want to go with me. How embarrassing is that? I didn't even want to ask him. I turned to Alyson and frown.  

"I told yo-" 

"I would love to." Noah replied shocking me. Did he really just agree? "What?" Alyson giggled. "What?" I asked confused. Noah shrugged then began walking backwards. "I would love to go with you, Tinkerbell." he winked before starting playing again. 

I'm going on a date with Noah. 

I removed my eyes from his body and turned to Alyson. She had one of those smirks on her face and her arms were folded. "Aren't you happy I asked." she said turning to walk away. Before she was completely gone, I found Louis and did the same thing she did to me.  

His reply wasn't as straight forward like Noah's, but after me begging and pleading, he finally has in. This is going to be one of the best deals I have ever made in my life.  

Noah's P.O.V (Again, I know ^.^)

I'm going out with Stella. 

What possessed her to even want to go out with me? What got into me to even answer that quickly? Usually, I would keep a girl waiting for my answer for days on in. Now, the same moment I told her yes. Well, I told Alyson yes, but it still had to do with her. "Hey, Noah" someone called for me. I pulled out of my many Stella thoughts and saw Eric walking towards me.  

Is the game even being played right now?  

I raised my eyebrow at him as I saw a smirk formed on my face. What an arrogant alpha Eric is. It kind of pisses me off some times to be around me. With both our alpha bloods colliding, there's no telling what can happen. "Don't you have a game to play?" he asked me folding his arms. "Instead of just flirting with the prize." I forgot all about that bet. Why was I so stupid to agree in the first place? 

Maybe it was the heat of the moment.  

Or maybe it's because I wanted to win because I don't want Eric even touching Stella. Call me protective, but I don't trust other wolves around her. "The bet is off." I said folding my arms.  

"Why is that?"  

"Because it's pointless to bet on her. She's hardheaded. Even though you win, she would want to go anywhere with you."  

"Don't worry, Noah. I have ways of making a babe fall for me."  

I refuse to let those words get the best of me. I pinched the bridge of my nose to calm myself down. No, I am not getting angry. I need to stay calm. I'm pretty sure Stella is still here, and I'm sure as hell not going to change without a full moon again. That shit hurt the last time I went to save Stella from those two wolves. "It's not going to work." I finally said with a hard tone. Eric smirked at me, and shoves my shoulder slightly. "You like her, don't you?" he asked doing it again. Why is he trying to get me mad? Nothing is going to end too pretty.  

"I don't like her." 

"Bullshit, Noah."  

I rolled my eyes at him before walking out onto the field again. I don't even want to play anymore. I played the last time because I wanted to win just to keep Eric away from Stella. Now, I don't really give a damn about it. Usually I would, but now... Now...  

"Leave me alone!" 

I heard someone scream from the top of their lungs from the parking lot. That voice was oh too familiar to me. Without another thought, I ran towards the commotion to see a wolf backing Stella into my car. Didn't they get the memo not to harm the human girl? She is the only human girl here. What is so hard in following the rules? 

Idiotic pack members. 

"Hey" I called running up to it. I don't even know who this person is. The last attack was Ben and some other guy from school, but this person was unknown.  

A rogue maybe?  

No, Dylan would never allow that to slide on his territory. The wolf growled at me before focusing its attention back to Stella. I hate it when they don't listen to me. When you have alpha blood in you, it burns when people don't listen; like Stella. "What are you doing?" a more gentle voice said from behind of me. I turned around to see Jessie standing there with her arms folded glaring at the wolf. 

Man, I love her. 

There is just something about her that just makes me go crazy inside. It's the lips. Yup, for sure it's the lips. "Get away from her, you idiot. Don't you follow orders." god, even her angered tone was beautiful. I watched her in awe as she walked in front of me and towards the wolf. The wolf lightly growled at her before running away. Why did it listen to her and not me? "Are you fine, Stella-Bella?" Jessie asked examining the frighten girl. 

Wait, Stella is scared and I'm just standing there gawking at the wonderful Jessie. No, Stella is the priority right now. "You ok?" I asked her as I pulled her shaking body into my arms. The feel of her skin against mine sent shivers down my spine, but the sight of Jessie bending down to get something got my other attention. If I could take her right here and know I would. 

I small sniff from below me caused my attention to fall back on Stella. My poor baby, Stella. "It's alright. Nothing happened this time." I whispered placing a small kiss on her forehead. She lightly whimpered and wrapped her arms around me tighter. 

"Where is Alyson?"  

"I don't know. I heard a bang, and then turned around and she wasn't there. I tried looking for her, but then I saw the wolf coming after me. Do you think that-?"  

"No, I know Alyson's wolf. That wasn't it." 

I felt her nod and pull away from my arms. I lack of contact made me frown at little. "I want to go find her." was all she said before running away. You would think that after a wolf attack she would be too scared to be on her own. I sighed and started following. "Noah" Jessie's voice called. I turned around and saw something in her hand.  

She placed them in mine then smiled that breathtaking smile. "I think they belong to Stella. Make sure she's ok." I nodded like an idiot and stared like a bigger one as she walked away. Curse me and these teenage boy hormones.  

I followed behind Stella with a small frowning my face. I don't want her here anymore. I'm pretty sure there are more wolves around here, I can smell them. Her safety is my priority right now. Even though the sexy Jessie was behind of me with one of those looks on her face.  

No, focus Noah.  

We're worried about Stella. 

My wolf kept reminding me, but of course I just can't help myself. When we got to the halls, I spotted Alyson being lifted off the ground by Liam. There was a small bump on her head, and a deadly look in her eyes. This isn't going to end well for someone. "Are you okay?" Stella asked running up to her. I swear the look Alyson gave her could kill someone. "Peachy" she snapped pulling away from Liam. 

Soon her eyes traveled to me then over to Jessie. The brown in her eyes changed to a haunting black as she growled at her. "You!" she sneered about to pounce but Liam held her waist. Jessie just stood there unaffected by her attempt. "I swear when I get my hands on y-" Alyson started but lips were covered by Liam's hand. "I think someone needs to go home." without another word, he lifts her over his shoulders and headed for the exit.  

Of course there were profanities coming from Alyson as she was lifted out the hallways leaving Stella, Jessie, and I. "you should go home too, Stella." Jessie said sending her a small smile. Stella only nodded in reply and started walking for the exit.

Fortsæt med at læse

You'll Also Like

429 34 9
Hailey's father was the most hated human known to werewolves. Every werewolf knew that he was an infamous Werewolf Hunter. They wanted to bare their...
303K 8.9K 48
"I will make sure he never lays a hand on you again." I look up and Hunter is heaving. "Why do you want me to stay? I forgave you, it's not like you...
265K 2.9K 60
Lied to, back stabbed, toyed with, beaten, abused, cheated, unloved, betrayed, lost, hurt. This is how Rose feels every day. She turns sixteen in a f...
94.9K 5K 63
Part One to The Mallapers Series. Sequel is completed. For centuries the werewolf population has been at peace. There have been no wars, no conflict...