2175 C.E.

By jonbrain

In the year 2175, a Hegemony science vessel was detached to an uninhabited exoplanet in orbit of star RN-06 i... More

Prologue
I: RN-06
II: The Swordfish
III: Task Force 6
IV: The Coming of the Black Ship
V: Black Ship Scenarios
VI: The Dark Shape
VII: Patient Olivia Mattingly
VIII: Footprints in the Dark
IX: 4:25 AM
X: Rumors in the Night
XI: The Interrogation Room
XII: The Zaha-Katchem
XIII: Do You Remember the 24th of July?
XIV: Who Are We Now That You've Seen Us?
XV:Captive (Revised)
XVI: Interview with the Telepath
XVII: Who Watches
XVIII: The Terrorists
XIX: Calamity of Calamities
XX: Minutes to Midnight
XXI: Flight of the Black Probe
XXII: The Gathering Storm
XXIII: Iacta Alea Est (The Die is Cast)
XXIV: The Battle of Nova
XXV: The Debrief of Yong An-Hong
XXVI: "The Council of Elrond"
Part 2
I: The Town of Jimeso is Burning
II: All the Medicine in the World
III: Shifts in the Winds
IV: Comes the Hurricane
V: Aftermaths
VI: Pray to the Stars
VII: Gennady Semyonov
VIII: Rorith
IX: Zakal-Faah
X: Operation ZERO
XI: Welcome to the Homefront
XII: The Awakening
XIII: The Trojan Horse
XV: The Treaty of Yvar

XIV: The Battle of Earth

43 8 0
By jonbrain

Official Transcript: HNN News Update: 09/12/2175

LERMAN: Welcome to another HNN News alert, I'm Carrie Lerman. Two days ago, a Novan attack on Ambience infrastructure disabled Hegemony autonomous forces with a malignant computer virus. We have not been given details as to the exact method that the Novans used to crack the Ambience Tactical Mainframe, but it was a devastating attack that disabled missile guidance systems, robot command systems, and aerial combat units. And yesterday, we saw riots breaking out in cities worldwide, urged on by dissident leadership and Novan propaganda from Africa. We're now seeing property destroyed in states across the globe, even in China. Loyal Hegemony citizens are urged to fight back against these heinous acts of meaningless aggression against civilians and businesses with no affiliation to the war effort; counter riots are beginning to suppress the traitorous Novan rioters in every city. The Hegemony urges all loyal citizens to fight back against this violence! The Novans want to take away our liberty, our freedom to do what we wish with whomever we wish; they are xenophobes, technophobes, autocrats, and they will do to Earth what they did on Nova. Starvation, corruption, decadence, moral reclusiveness, all things that were made history in the Hegemony decades ago will be back if you don't fight back, and with the help of the Zaha-Katchem, we may yet prevail! Long live the Terran Hegemony!

Terran Intelligence Dispatch: 09/14/2175 0841 EST

Sensor Station 12B-Terran Interstellar Authority: Multiple fleet signatures detected entering Sol system. Point of origin unknown, estimate Rizheran system. Course directly for Earth. End dispatch.

Official Transcript: Bridge recording, NSN Enterprise AH01-001: 09/14/2175

Admiral Rafael Hadrian

Captain Ibrahim Mubarak

Helm Officer Tamara Noah

Communications Officer Eglantine Kayode

Sensor Officer Michael Okama

Tactical Officer Hokolesqua Bachchan

Executive Officer Inti Patil

Navigator Linh Tran

Grushan Ambassador Aglamarith

[Begin Playback]

TRAN: Sensors confirm we've entered the Sol system. ETA to Earth is one minute.

HADRIAN: Is the black ship in orbit?

OKAMA: It's too early to tell sir. It has a low signature, and we're still moving considerably faster than light.

TRAN: I never thought we'd come here in my lifetime.

HADRIAN: Yeah, you're right.

TRAN: Dropping out of warp now, sir.

HADRIAN: Mr. Okama, what's out there?

OKAMA: I have a positive sensor lock on the black ship, sir. Also counting 67 ships dropping out of warp with us. Looks like the whole fleet made it.

KAYODE: Confirmed. All ships report in. Admiral Doromarith reports all Grushan warships accounted for. We're all here.

OKAMA: The black ship is altering course. It's headed right for us.

HADRIAN: As they should. Ms. Kayode, please open a communications channel to the black ship.

KAYODE: Aye sir. Channel is open.

HADRIAN: This is Admiral Rafael Hadrian, official representative of the Novan Alliance, from the flagship NSN Enterprise. Fuck you. Close channel.

AGLAMARITH: (translated) An eloquently worded challenge.

HADRIAN: Oh, I wouldn't worry. Doromarith is probably saying the exact same thing. Mr. Bachchan, begin charging the GQR module. Ms. Kayode, order the fleet to deploy spatial resonance trackers. Ibrahim, launch tactical warheads.

MUBARAK: Aye sir. Mr. Patil, your key.

HADRIAN: Helm, begin evasive maneuvering patterns. Mr. Bachchan, launch a continuous stream of missiles at that ship.

NOAH: Aye sir.

BACHCHAN: Aye sir. Missiles away.

HADRIAN: Captain, launch all tactical missiles at ten second intervals. Bachchan, detonate missiles as soon as they reach 500 meters from the black ship.

OKAMA: Receiving telemetry from SRT's.

HADRIAN: Wait for a full spread. Mr. Bachchan, status of the GQR?

BACHCHAN: GQR systems are stable. Collateral spatial waveforms minimal.

HADRIAN: Good. Order the Herzog to stand by to deploy its resonator; I don't want it taking every one of them out.

OKAMA: Sir, the black ship is on a direct course towards us.

HADRIAN: Shit. They must have sensors sensitive enough to read the spatial waves. Reverse course. But a few kilometers between us and them. Mr. Bachchan, detonate tactical warheads between them and us, see if you can throw off their targeting. Ms. Kayode, cancel my previous order; I want the Herzog's weapon up and running as soon as possible. Order the rest of the fleet to get between us and it.

KAYODE: Transmission from Admiral Doromarith. The Grushan are preparing a flanking action.

OKAMA: I've lost the black ship on sensors. They're cloaked.

MUBARAK: SRT's?

OKAMA: Active. Beginning active sensor sweep. I have a lock.

MUBARAK: Open fire deck guns, let's get their attention.

KAYODE: All ships report they have the ship on sensors. They're firing with deck guns.

OKAMA: It's still coming right for us.

KAYODE: Doromarith says that his fleet is engaged. Positive contact with the ship, still no damage.

OKAMA: The ship is decloaked. I'm picking up heat signatures from its hull.

MUBARAK: Helm, new course, -45º by 56º. Punch afterburners. Get us out of its way.

KAYODE: Transmission from the Galant. Captain Mavin says he's covering us.

OKAMA: The Galant is matching our course. She's between us and the black ship. I'm picking up heat signatures on her hull.

HADRIAN: Signal the Herzog to attempt a flanking action. Get it to the other side of that ship. Mr. Tran, how close are we to Earth's moon?

TRAN: Six thousand kilometers.

HADRIAN: Calculate a lot gravity boost for it. If the black ship wants us, it's going to have to chase us.

TRAN: Aye sir.

OKAMA: The black ship is targeting the Herzog.

HADRIAN: Mr. Bachchan, what's the status us the GQR?

BACHCHAN: Sixty percent charge.

OKAMA: I'm getting massive spatial readings off the "Talon's" GQR module. It looks like the Grushan are farther along than we are. The black ship might be attacking them. Yes, it's changed course and is heading for them at high speed. I'm seeing a full spread of heat on the Grushan fleet. The "Talon" is retreating.

HADRIAN: Captain, detonate our remaining tactical warheads. The shock waves should throw off their aim, if nothing else.

MUBARAK: Yes, admiral.

OKAMA: It's not enough. Grushan ships are going down.

HADRIAN: Aren't a couple of our ships refitted with mining lasers?

PATIL: Yes sir.

HADRIAN: Well tell them to open fire with those. It can't hurt us any.

PATIL: Sir, the lasers release a high percentage of gamma radiation into the ships.

HADRIAN: Vacuums aren't very good for you either. Tell them to open fire.

OKAMA: Sir, the black ship is targeting the Spatial Resonance Trackers.

HADRIAN: Mr. Tran, are we in position to use the gravity assist?

TRAN: Aye sir.

HADRIAN: Let's do it. Set a course right to the black ship. I want to be right over their heads when the GQR charges. Helm, set course and engage.

NOAH: Yes sir.

OKAMA: Six SRT probes are down.

KAYODE: The "Talon" reports full charge. She's attacking.

OKAMA: The black ship is changing course to intercept. I'm picking up heat signatures.

BACHCHAN: GQR module is charged and ready to fire.

MUBARAK: Get us back in there, helm.

HADRIAN: Mr. Okama, I want a visual overview of what's happening in there.

OKAMA: Aye sir.

PATIL: What's the status of the Herzog?

KAYODE: Almost ready to fire, sir.

NOAH: Gravity assist complete. We're entering operational weapons range.

HADRIAN: Have the fleet clear a path.

OKAMA: The "Talon" just lost their GQR module.

BACHCHAN: Entering operational GQR range.

MUBARAK: Open fire.

BACHCHAN: Gravitational Quantum Resonator is active. Spatial disturbances normal. Frequency increasing.

OKAMA: The Herzog is in range. They're firing their resonator.

BACHCHAN: Approaching critical frequency.

OKAMA: The black ship is firing at us.

PATIL: Armor refit is holding.

MUBARAK: Fire all deck guns. I want this thing dead.

BACHCHAN: Aye sir.

HADRIAN: How long till it dies?

BACHCHAN: When we hit the right frequency, it should be instantaneous.

HADRIAN: Then hit that frequency.

PATIL: Sir...

HADRIAN: Hot damn! There she goes!

OKAMA: Sensors confirm. That did it all right. Black ship is destroyed!

HADRIAN: Deactivate GQR. Helm, put some distance between us and it and captain, ready a tactical warhead. Let's not deal with the debris in fifteen years.

MUBARAK: Aye sir.

The GQR is a technology that was partially developed by the Federal Grushan Star Fleet several years before the black ship was uncovered; however, until the war of 2175, it remained highly classified and unfinished. Shortly after the Grushan survey of RN-06 or Horol, as the Grushan called it, the project was put on permanent hold. However, with the destruction of the Grushan fleet in Nova, the Federal Grushan Science Academy was forced to reopen the project. With the help of the black shuttle brought by Adrian Aucaman, they were able to refine the weapon and render it operational.

Gravitational Quantum Resonator technology was partially declassified in 2203. The details given are highly technical and require a high degree of understanding in advanced quantum physics. Simplified, the GQR creates high frequency spatial wave patterns and directs them at a target. High frequency wave vibrations cause the target to shatter. In planetary atmospheres, similar phenomena take place when high pitched sound frequencies shatter glass. The discovery is based on the same technology that enables warp drive and warp stations but is massively compressed. It is speculated that a similar weapon was used to destroy the Zaha-Katchem home world centuries ago. This was one of the main reasons the project was abandoned.

Jon Brain, Chief Archivist of the Interstellar Historical Commission

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

3K 155 8
1000 years ago, a calamity befell the earth; the first space quake occurred. It is unknown how many died from it, but it is known to be at least 20%...
114 23 11
Killing-that's all he ever thinks about. . .there is an imposter on the ship who thinks he can save humanity by killing them. But how can he easily e...
1.7K 346 58
Book #2 in the EMERGENT series Other books in the series includes; Book #1 :- IMMORTAL (Completed) Book #3 :- IMPELLENT (Ongoing) Book #4 :- INCEP...
14.5K 1.8K 161
Humanity has an inherent tendency toward self-destruction. Drowning in hate and hedonism, the worlds of humanity have not seen a true peace since t...