Ghost Hunt Fanfiction: THAT A...

By Jira03

Mai Taniyama is just another highschool student when she met an unfeeling narcissist who came to investigate... More

Chapter 02
Author's Note
Chapter 03
Chapter 04
Chapter 05
Chapter 06
Chapter 07
Chapter 08
Chapter 09
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
My Apologies!
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
EXTRA:🌲🎊Christmas Special🌲🎊
Announcement
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44: The Final Arc (01)
Chapter 45: The Final Arc (02)
Chapter 46: The Final Arc (3)
Chapter 47: The Final Arc (04)
Chapter 48: The Final Arc (05)

Chapter 01

2K 44 5
By Jira03

REMINDER:

I DO NOT OWN GHOST HUNT.

PLEASE FORGIVE ME FOR SOME ERRORS.
I AM ALSO A NEWBIE WRITER SO I AM HAPPY TO ACCEPT SOME POINTERS.

THANK YOU....

**********

"One...."

"Two..,."

"Three...."

Mai saw her friend turn off the flashlight as the surrounding stilled. They hold their breaths and wait for the extra person and by extra person, they mean ghost. They're telling ghost stories and they turn off their flashlight after they told the story. After the participants finished their parts, they then start a countdown to know or to wait if there is an extra person with them. Mai don't really believe that a ghost will appear and she was just having fun when unexpectedly, she heard a voice inside her head.

"Four."

Mai widened her eyes..

What?

A flash appeared in her mind as she saw herself being choked in a beast hug by her friend.

"Four.."

A cold voice sound inside the room. Mai look at the direction of that voice and the lights turned on all of a sudden. The room brightened, blinding the girls inside the room.

Mai saw a man wearing black staring at them while his left hand is on the switch. Keiko and Michiru sighed when the room is filled with lights and look behind them and saw a handsome young lad staring at them with emotionless eyes.

"Were you the one who said that?"

"Yes. Is something wrong?"

Mai look at the youth with disdain and crossed her arms in the chest.

Something wrong? It was obvious! Girls talking in a dark room and a meddlesome guy interrupting all of a sudden.. Clearly that situation can scare someone!

The other girls sighed and pat their chest to soothe their hearts. Mai just glared at the guy and feeling that kind of gaze on him, the youth turn his head to her direction but that girl just harrumphed and turn her head away. The young guy's mouth twitched as he tilted his head a little asking himself what he did wrong.

"You scared the hell out of me!"

"Me too.."

"Sorry about that. The light's are off and I hear voices so..."

Keiko and Michiru's eyes glistened and walk towards that guy admiring his 'beauty'. Mai just sighed and face palmed herself.

Haaay... Highschool girls.

"What are you doing here? Are you a transfer student?"

"Sort of."

Mai who is sitting on a table heard this and scoffed at his answer.

He is lying..... Wait what?

Mai opened her eyes wide as she thought over what she just thought.

Lying?Why would she think of that guy is lying or not?

"What grade are you in?"

"I'll be 17 this year."

"Oh! So you're our sempai! A year older than us!"

Mai narrowed her eyes and look at the young guy. That response...

Couldn't he just say ' I'm in second grade.'?

"We are telling ghost stories!"

"Oh? Would you mind if I join you?"

Mai put down her arms and walk towards the door as she rolled her eyes.

Ugh... This is going nowhere. I'm gonna get out of here.

"Please do! By the way, what's your name?"

"Shibuya, Kazuya."

"It's a lie."

Mai stop on her tracks as the voice came into her mind again. It's her intuition again.

But it's a lie?

Mai turn around and saw Shibuya talking with the girls on when will they meet to tell ghost stories. Mai saw his lips curving upward but Mai clearly saw his eyes emotionless.

Fake. Is he scheming something?

Mai just turn around again and began to walk. So what if his name and smiles are fake! It's none of her business! Michiru saw her friend leaving so...

"Mai-san! Where are you going?"

"Uh. Leaving?"

"But we're talking to Shibuya-sempai.."

"No, you're talking to him and it doesn't involve me. Just hurry up so that the guard will not catch us and chase us away." Mai just said and waved her hands.

"Mai-san! Don't be rude!"

"Humm." Mai just said and look at her friends and glare at Shibuya. She coldly say goodbye after that and walk out. Despite her rude personality for that guy, she feels so familiar to him. Why? This is the first time she met him though. Cannot find an answer, Mai shook her head and just hum a tune throwing her thoughts at the back of her mind.

Shibuya just eyed the girl and ask himself why she's so hostile to him for the first time they met. Did he do something wrong? Also, the other girls would fawn at him when they saw his handsome face but this girl is not affected like others. This girl is just unique.

*

Screeeeech!!!!

Splash!!

Mai woke up as her usual dream came into her mind again. This dream has been bothering her for a year now. What can she do to stop it? Mai is getting restless because of this. Haaay.. It's so early but Mai still got up and get ready for school. The cherry blossoms are on full bloom now and it's very pretty. Mai eases her mind as she inhale deeply.

"What a beautiful day!"

Mai said aloud and smiled erasing her gloomy aura a while ago. Mai recalled the events yesterday. That guy... She can't help but to feel familiarity to him. Did she really met him before?

"Haay. Why am I thinking of him now? Forget it." Mai said and look around. She saw the old school building not so far from her. She remember Michiru's story yesterday and some say that they saw ghost here. Demolitions are also stopped recently because of this events. Mai got curious and walk towards it.

She directly opened the door as if the rumours doesn't scare her and saw a camera on the hallway?

"A camera?... Oh. Seems like the principal hired someone to investigate." Mai said as she slightly tap the camera.

Mai turn around to leave since she knew she was caught in the camera and someone probably saw her enter. But just when she turn 180 degrees, she saw a silhouette of a tall guy on the door.

"Who's there?!"

Mai was surprised by the sudden voice and bump the cabinet behind her. Mai saw that the cabinets are falling and saw the man walking towards her. No! He was going to be buried in those heavy cabinets!

"No! Be careful!" Mai said as she run and grabbed the man's sleeve to jump in the safe zone. The cabinets fall and the dust in the floor rises in the air making the two coughed. Mai felt warm liquid flowing from her head but she throw that thought at the back of her mind and look at the man beside her.

"Hey, are you okay?"

Mai got up and help the man to stand. But it seems that his leg is injured. The door suddenly opened again and a black clad youth came.

"What's wrong?"

"Lin?"

Mai saw the guy yesterday as she retrieved her hand supporting the tall man. Dizziness came over and her hand subconsciously touched her head. Mai felt a sticky thing on her head and retracted her hand to look at it. She saw a dark red thing smeared on her hand. Shibuya walk near and support his companion since he sprained his ankle.

"Oh.. I'm bleeding." Mai whispered and collect herself.

"What happened?"

Seeing his assistant got injured, Shibuya glared at the other person but saw her looking at her bloodied hand. Her eyes are blank and her forehead is bleeding. Mai heard the bell ring and look outside.

"You're the girl yesterday. What's your name?"

"Taniyama." That girl answered in a faint voice as she continue to stare at her bloody hand. She is dazed but she can faintly hear the school bell ringing.

"Excuse me, are you okay?"

"I'm sorry. It's my fault. The school bell rings and just find me in Class 1-F if there's anything." Mai said and slowly walk towards the door.

In the afternoon, Mai who is sitting on her desk sighed as she is doing her homework. That camera is very expensive. It's from Germany and that guy...  is not simple.

Base on the camera, there are some psychic investigators that had come to the old school building to conduct a research. Seeing that the tall man and that Shibuya guy came into the location of that camera, they are those investigators. Shibuya is not a transfer student, at all.

Hearing Shibuya addressed the tall man who is much older than him without honorific, his status may be higher than him.

Is he the boss? Age is not a barrier in this kind of industry. Probably.

But why am I sure that they are really psychic investigators?! Am I reading too much horror novels?

"Mai-san!" Keiko said as she run towards her.

"What is it?"

"We have to go back to the classroom. We are telling ghost stories with a senior, remember?"

"I don't remember agreeing in that kind of thing."

"Oh, come on! It's our first time telling ghost stories with a senior."

"Excuse me? What are you talking about just now?" A cold voice of a female sounded but instead of panicking like her friends, Mai just lazily gazed at the student wearing glasses and a braided hair.

She can be considered as a nerd by her appearance but she's more like a terrifying witch by her aura. This is probably the reason why Mai's friends are afraid of this young lady.

"We are telling ghost stories. That's all." Mai answered as she yawned at her, organising her things. Her head still hurts when she moved but she just gritted her teeth to endure it.

"Ghost stories?!"

Mai rolled her eyes to the overacting response of her classmate. This girl is known for a ghost freak. She introduced herself as a psychic that can sense and see ghost. Mai, of course don't believe it. She's just a psychic wannabe. Mai just walk towards the door carrying her bag in one hand in a lazy manner.

"You..! Come back here!" Kuruda-san said as she point at Mai who is ignoring her. Keiko and Michiru nervously looked at Mai. They are a bit worried for her since they knew that Kuruda-san's attitude is scary and Mai maybe in danger because of her.

A series of knocks came from the door and before Mai would stretch her hand to open the door, she heard the other door of the classroom opened. A cold and handsome guy appeared in front of everyone.

"Is a girl named Taniyama-san here?"

Mai's mouth twitched as she heard that voice and the girls screamed in delight.

"It's Shibuya-sempai!!"

Mai just sighed as she remembered the events this morning. She really cannot escape. She just retracted her hand from the door and walk towards that handsome guy but before she could speak, Kuruda-san beat her to it.

"What grade are you in? Why are you here?"

"Oh, I'm here to meet with these girls."

"A meeting?! To tell ghost stories?!"

"Yes and....-----"

Kuruda-san spin around and scold Keiko and Michiru to stop their nonsense because she's been having headaches because of them telling stories. She told them that she's a psychic and that ghost stories attract low leveled spirits that attract high level spirits. And because spirits are gathered, it's  torturing her. Shibuya on the other hand just listen and rub his chin thinking.

"I think you're just imagining things."

"Humph! This is why I don't like non-psychic person."

"Then tell me... What do you think of the old school building?"

Mai squinted her eyes in confirmation when the young man asked that question.

So they are really researchers and they are investigating the old school building!

Mai also confirm that the reason why he join them is to gather more intel about the old school building.

"The old school building? Of course! I believe it's haunted by the old war victims."

"Which war?"

"WWII of course! I can see nurses and patients with bandages!"

"Really? I don't know that there's a hospital here during WWII. This school has been here before the war. It could've been a medical school perhaps?"

"And how would I know that?! I just saw them!"

"I heard the principal is upset because the spirits are hindering the demolition. Why don't you exorcise those spirits with your psychic powers?"

Mai just scoffed and tap the desk to make some noise to stop them.

"Hey, Kuruda-san. If you're having headaches, then consult a doctor or take medicine. Don't you go blaming us for such nonsignificant things. " Mai said and turn towards Keiko and Michiru who is slightly nervous by these events.

"The meeting is cancelled. Go home for now. Don't bother with these trivialities." Mai said as the two apologize to the young man and got their backpacks. They were about to call Mai but she just waved her hand for them to go first. Mai look at the young handsome clad in front of her. Her lips curved upward and arms crossed in her chest.

"Mai Taniyama. I'm the one you're looking for I guess."

Shibuya mysteriously look at the girl with a bandage on her head and nodded. Mai followed him to the hallway and began to talk.

"Is he okay?"

"He sprained his left leg badly and won't be able to stand for some time."

"Oh. Sorry. It's my fault. I'll take responsibility. About the broken camera, I'm pretty sure it's insured. Get to the point.."

Shibuya stop on his tracks and was amazed by this young lad's smartness. He was about to use the camera to get a free help out of her.

"Hmm. Since he is injured, I need help so I am thinking to get you work for me until I finish my business here in this school."

"Sure. You're interested in the rumoured haunted building, you are  perhaps a ghost hunter and that's why you were at the audiovisual room yesterday."

"Yes." Shibuya answered hiding his surprised look when the girl guessed their identity with so little information.

"What is the name of your agency?" Mai asked, quietly rejoicing at her accurate guess.

"Shibuya Psychic Research."

"And you are what?"

Mai ask to confirm her guess that he is the president of the agency. She is been feeling it like hell ever since she saw him at the old school building. Also, he addressed the tall and older man so casually. No employees call their boss casually.

"I am Kazuya Shibuya, the boss of the company."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

58 4 7
Ghost Hunt follows the ghost hunting adventures of Mai Taniyama, a first year high school student, who becomes involved with the Shibuya Psychic Rese...
20.6K 430 24
(This story happens after Naru and Lin had left, they had been gone for one year.) You are just a normal girl, living a normal life. Or so you though...
25.6K 953 12
Naru leaves Japan for England. 2 years later SPR is established again, but Mai is missing. Their first case is at a haunted Ryokan. Almost immediatel...
9.4K 298 10
"Lin... I think something is going to happen to Mai..." Naru said, reaching for the Van's key, hoping to be mistaken. However, he already knew that w...