Midnight Falls

By RealPerryThePlatypus

When you're a seventeen-year-old girl with anxiety disorder and a gorgeous, popular girl that absolutely hate... More

Hello!
Prologue
Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Eighteen
Chapter Nineteen
Chapter Twenty
Chapter Twenty One
Chapter Twenty Two
Chapter Twenty Three
Chapter Twenty Four
Chapter Twenty Six
Chapter Twenty Seven
Chapter Twenty Eight
Chapter Twenty Nine
Chapter Thirty
Chapter Thirty One
Chapter Thirty Two
Chapter Thirty Three
Chapter Thirty Four
Chapter Thirty Five
Chapter Thirty Six
Chapter Thirty Seven
Chapter Thirty Eight
Chapter Thirty Nine
Chapter Forty
Chapter Forty One
Chapter Forty Two
Chapter Forty Three
Chapter Forty Four
Chapter Forty Five
Chapter Forty Six
Chapter Forty Seven
Chapter Forty Eight
Chapter Forty Nine
Chapter Fifty
Chapter Fifty One
Chapter Fifty Two
Chapter Fifty Three
Chapter Fifty Four
Two Years Ago
Chapter Fifty Five
Chapter Fifty Six
Chapter Fifty Seven
Chapter Fifty Eight
Chapter Fifty Nine
Chapter Sixty
Author's Note
Midday Falls Is Out!

Chapter Twenty Five

2.7K 152 52
By RealPerryThePlatypus

Wow, chapter twenty five already. I'm proud of myself, but I also feel like I'm too far away because this is one heck of a long ride.

Anyways, ENJOY!

| | | |

Chapter Twenty Five

Butt Naked Roman Statue.

Anna

Free period.

The only good thing that was invented when they were making school systems. That and lunch break, of course. I take free periods as one of those moments when you could stretch your wings and do whatever the heck you wanna do and there's no one there to stop you or go all 'Freeze!' on you.

Unless, of course, you're some dude who could get away whenever you want and manage not to get caught, while looking good. For example: Luke Carter. I don't know how that guy does it, but all I know is that he got skills.

I also take free periods as one of those moments to spend a whole forty minutes in the library, which is why I'm standing here, looking through Science Fiction books. Sounds boring, I know.

As I'm skimming through a book called The Martian Chronicles, Linda suddenly approaches me in hurry.

"Hello, Anna."

"Hey, Linda. What's up?"

"Do you mind locking the library after you're done? I have a few urgent things to do and I have to leave now," she pleads.

Now you're probably wondering what kind of irresponsible librarian leaves the school library's key with a student? It's a normal thing actually. Linda wanted someone to be responsible for the library along with her, so she informed Principal Collins and they didn't mind putting me in charge. I don't know if this was a good idea or a bad one. I mean, I am responsible when it comes to some things, but sometimes I go crazy enough not to care.

"Yes, sure."

"Thank you, dear," she smiles in relief, handing me a key. "You don't have to do anything. Just lock the library and leave the key with the secretary." I nod at her in response. 

She marches away quickly, grabbing her coat on the way and exiting the library. I'm alone in the library.

I'm alone in the library.

Oh my God, I'm alone in the library.

I have the library all-

"Cherries?" A deep voice from the other side of the shelf calls and I let out a squeal in surprise.

Never mind.

"Luke?" I say, pushing a book aside to see him. "What are you doing here?"

"This is the school's library. I think I have every right to be here," he replies.

"No. I meant–you don't have a free period now. How are you here?"

"Three words: I skipped class," he holds up three fingers.

Expected.

"Oh."

He walks around the shelf and stands beside me, leaning against it with his hands in his pockets. "What are you doing here?"

"Two words: free period," I mock him, holding up two fingers.

"What's that?" he nods at the key in my hand.

"The library key. Linda left, so I'm supposed to lock the library after I'm done," I explain, slipping the key in my back pocket.

"And she puts you in charge?"

"Excuse me, what does that mean?" I ask, feeling a bit offended.

"Nothing," he looks to the side, refusing to meet my gaze as the corners of his lips tug upwards.

"For your information, I'm very responsible when it comes to important things," I huff, crossing my arms.

"I didn't say anything," he holds both of his hands up in defense.

"But you wanted to," I protest.

"But I didn't, did I?" He grasps the shelf behind me with one hand, coming to stand right in front of me and I don't answer him, feeling my breathing quicken at the proximity. And not in the bad way.

"Hm?" he places his other hand on the other side of my head, trapping me between him and the shelf.

"You wanted to," I insist in a low voice, almost whispering.

If I faint right now, I wouldn't be surprised.

"Are you nervous?" He asks with a small smirk appearing on his face, his green eyes basically scanning every inch of my face and making sure to make the eye contact last long.

"Um...not really. I'm just...not used to that, that type of proximity."

God why am I such an embarrassment?

"Are you sure?" He tilts his head to the side slightly.

"Yes...kind of. No. Yes. No...no," I breathe out.

Luke's face leans in closer, wiping a couple more inches between us. His green eyes are like two seas with the sun shimmering down on them, giving them that sunlight twinkle. His eyes can literally drown me.

He moves his head to my ear and I shut my eyes tightly, swallowing basically nothing yet feeling like I have a frog in my throat as I feel his warm breath on my neck. "If I wanted to say anything, I would have commented on how nervous I make you," he whispers, his breath fanning my ear and his lips brushing against my neck. The small contact of his lips with my skin sends a swarm of butterflies in my lower abdomen.

Don't faint. Don't faint. Don't faint. Don't faint.

He grabs the book above me, then steps back and sends me a wink. "See you later, Cherries."

Then he walks away and out of the library. Meanwhile, I, Anna Falls, is trying her hardest not to freak out or pee herself. What the heck just happened?

Yup, I'm so going to talk to the girls later. He was starting to confuse me anyways.

| | | |

"Okay, but like she can be really rude sometimes, Sophie," Riley comments, looking at her reflection in the mirror, while wrapping her black hair in a neat bun.

"You're only saying that because she bumped into you and didn't apologize," Sophie defends.

"She hit my boob in process. That crap hurts so much," Riley argues.

"I don't think she's actually into girls," Colette says.

"A girl can dream," Sophie shrugs.

Currently, the girls are talking about Sophie's latest crush. She realized that the opposite gender wasn't really looking up to her, so she moved to the same gender. Yes, Sophie is into girls and guys and I'm so proud of her for coming out to us years ago. She was scared to tell us at first, but when she saw the amount of support we gave her when she told us, all of her fears and worries faded away. Sophie is my best friend and I love her so much not to care about the fact that she's from another race or sexuality or even another planet. I love her for who she is.

"What about you?" Colette nudges me with her shoulder.

"What about me?" I frown.

"You seem occupied with your mind," Sophie says.

I chew on my lower lip. "Something happened with Luke."

"Yeah! That's what I live for!" Riley jumps on the bed, laying down on her stomach and putting her chin on her hand.

"What happened?" Sophie questions.

After a brief explanation of what happened in the library, Riley speaks up, "damn."

"You have better luck with guys than I do," Sophie says.

"Luke and I are only friends," I insist.

"Luke and I are only friends," the three of them mock in a fake Australian accent.

I scowl, "I came for advice, not for mockery," I tell them.

"Alright then," Sophie shrugs, then she turns towards Riley. "Get the book."

Riley gives a small nod, then she hops off of the bed. She goes to her shelf and grabs a big black book, while Sophie pushes me into the desk chair in front of the bed.

"The book?" I ask in confusion.

"You'll see," Colette says, moving her body around and sits on the edge of the bed.

Sophie and Riley take a seat beside her. Riley hands Sophie the Big Book O' Law (that's not its name. It just gives me that vibe) and Sophie grasps the hard cover and opens the book.

"Your glasses please," Sophie demands, holding out her palm.

I take off of my glasses and blink a few times, then I hand them to Sophie.

She puts them on. "I can't see a darn thing," she flails her arms around, accidentally hitting Colette in the face in process.

"I'm right beside you, clodpole," Colette pushes her hands away.

"Sorry, babe," Sophie says sheepishly, before pushing the glasses down her toffee freckled nose.

Fun fact, that was how we became friends. Freckles. It was one of things that the four of us had in common. As for Anastasia, she was my twin sister, so she had to hang out with us. And Fiona was an exception. We saw her as an exception in our group; she was special. That was in the past however.

"Now," Sophie starts, clasping her hands together, "today we'll be founding investigation two concerning CCC."

"CCC?" I knit my eyebrows together.

"Confusing Crush on Carter," Riley elaborates.

"Isn't it supposed to be CCOC?"

"Shush," Soph holds up her palm, silencing me. "Let's start," she holds up the book.

"Do you feel nervous around him?"

"I almost peed myself," I admit. "Is that convincing enough?"

"It is," Riley nods. "What do you think about him?"

That's new.

"Well, he could be really nice sometimes and he could be such a tease other times. He's sweet and his personality is just...one of a kind. He's annoying, but it's Luke, so it's like a stereotype. He is really really really handsome, like unbelievably-so-good-looking-he-could-pass-out-as-a-butt-naked-Roman-statue handsome," I answer.

I just compared Luke with a butt naked Roman statue. What is wrong with me?

Colette blinks, "butt naked Roman statue?"

I shrug in response.

"And have you ever thought about the fact that he might like you?" Sophie questions.

I burst out laughing, "Luke? Likes me? Yeah, when Voldemort does a plastic surgery maybe," I snicker.

"You're oblivious," Riley sighs.

"No, I'm being a realist. Luke doesn't 'like girls'. All he did for the past two years after Fiona is hook up with Jennie or at least that's what the rumors say and I'm pretty sure he isn't keen on the relationship idea anymore," I say. "So I'm sure Luke liking me is the last thing on his list or even non-existent."

"What about the fact that you make him happy?" Sophie argues.

"I don't make him happy, Sophie. Just because he smiles and laughs normally now doesn't mean I make him happy. Maybe he feels comfortable around me and I really appreciate that, but I don't make him happy."

"How are you so sure?"

"I'm not. I'm voicing my thoughts," I reply.

"Let's just move on with this," Colette says. "Last question, do you, Anna Falls, like Luke Carter?"

"No?" I ask myself more.

"Are you sure?" Riley raises both of her eyebrows.

"Yes," I nod my head. "Yes, I am."

"Investigation two closed," Sophie closes the book shut.

"Pizza and movies?" Riley suggests.

"Yes," Sophie throws the book behind her.

"I'm in," Colette joins.

"I call dibs on choosing the movie!" I hop up, raising my hand up.

"No horror!" Sophie points her finger at me.

"But-"

"Bitch, I said no," she narrows her eyes.

"Disney then."

| | | |

I know it's a short chapter. Sorry. The next one will be longer, I promise.

Btw thank you guys for 1k views and 195 votes. Ik it's not that much, but I'm truly grateful.

Until next time!

Don't forget to hit that star button, drop a comment and shareeee!!

Bye, gorgeous peeps!

-W.A

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

3.5K 147 37
"Would you like to dance?" the boy asks me. I stare deep into his blue eyes, but I can't figure out who he is. He's tall with dark hair and the brigh...
25.6K 2.5K 77
Have you ever sunk so low that you actually felt relieved, knowing that it couldn't possibly get any worse? Well, I have... Many times. I lost ever...
60.7K 1.5K 38
"Do you ever wonder what other people are doing currently, like someone could have won the lottery, someone could be having their last breath. It's m...
36.8K 941 39
C̺͆O̺͆M̺͆P̺͆L̺͆E̺͆T̺͆E̺͆D̺͆ Started ~ February 13, 2021 Ended ~ April 3, 2021 ~ Re-write ~ May 28, 2021 End ~ August 18, 2021 *************** Disclai...