you can't help who you fall f...

By ninisnightshade

Sierra Gilmore: Twin Sister of Rory, Daughter of Lorelai, Girlfriend of Logan and Member of the Life and Deat... More

1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
17
One-shot
18
19
20
21
22
THANK YOU
23
24
25
26
27
The Proposal

16

11K 242 41
By ninisnightshade

"Hey, Sherlock how's it going over at Yale?"

"Yale's good. Same old, same old, drinking, partying, shagging, the list goes on."

"Ah I see. Typical Finn behaviour then."

"Pretty much. Listen I want to ask you something."

"Shoot."

"What do you think about going away for spring break, just the two of us?"

"I think it sounds fun. Where'd you wanna go?"

"How about Martha's vineyard? My family has a place out there, they only use it in summer, but not since I went to college, and it's supposed to be really romantic and peaceful."

"I know, I went there with my grandparents in the summer."

"Right, so, you and me? Martha's vineyard?"

"Let's do it. I haven't got a better offer."

"Great, listen there's something else."

"Are you breaking up with me? Is there another girl? It's Finn, isn't it? I knew there was something more to that weekend in Maine." I joked, in mock outrage.

"No, nothing like that babe. It's just, well I've met your grandparents and I'm gonna meet your other grandparents, so I kinda want you to meet my parents."

"Whoa, hold up. Dinner with the dark Lord and Lady? Is it my funeral? Am I gonna die? Are you gonna die? Please don't die, I don't know what I'd do."

"No it's fine, no one's dying."

"Great, because I was joking."

"Really?"

"Logan, I'm an actress. I kinda know some stuff."

"Yeah right. Anyway, dinner with the Huntzberger family? Honor's bringing her boyfriend too, but I think you'll be the centre of attention."

"Oh joy. Any other family members I don't know about? Do you have an Aunt Totsie?"

"An Aunt Whosie?"

"Long story, anyway, of course I'll meet your parents Logan. I love you, and love includes making sacrifices."

"Ok, cool. I'll pick you up at 7 on Friday?"

"Whoa, hold up. Friday?! That's 2 days away. And I have dinner."

"I'm sure your grandparents wouldn't have a problem with you missing dinner just this once. Especially to meet Mitchum and Shira Huntzberger, the very top of Hartford society."

"Ugh, I hate when you use your family against mine. But fine. I'm getting ready at your place though. We'll do our usual Friday arrangement, head back to yours and get ready."

"Alright then."

"See you Friday, Huntzberger."

I ended the call and went back to my algebra problem. A few minutes later I had just figured out the value of x when my phone rang again.

"Sierra Gilmore."

"Hey, it's me again."

"You? How am I supposed to cheat on you when you keep calling me?"

"Well believe me, I am terribly sorry to interrupt your cheating. Anyway, Honor texted and said she wants us to meet her and Josh for coffee before the dinner."

"Oh, so there's a pre-dinner coffee. This must be big."

"Yeah, so what say you, we skip the normal hangout, head straight back to mine, have coffee around 4.30, get ready, then go to dinner at 7?"

"Alright, see you Friday."

"See you Friday, bye."

Just then, the door opened. "Who are you seeing Friday?" My mom stood there, a disapproving look on her face.

"Oh just some guy I met in town."

"Do I know him?"

"I doubt it, he lives in Hartford."

"Is he a trust fund baby?"

"Mom, there are more people living in Hartford than just the ones who are in the DAR and go to the club." I responded smartly, using my incredible talent of avoiding a question and so not outright lying.

"Fine, but we have dinner on Friday. I doubt Eva will let you miss it."

"Mom, please refrain from referring to Grandma as Hitler's wife, Adolf Hitler, or Joseph Stalin."

"Fine. Will I get to meet this guy?" Her pout turned hopeful.

"He won't be stopping by if that's what you mean, but in the future who knows." Again, not technically a lie. "Now, could you please leave so I can finish my algebra homework?"

"Fine." She pouted again and walked out. I picked up my phone and called another familiar number.

"Hey Grandma, it's Sierra."

"Oh, Sierra how nice that you're calling. What can I do for you?"

"I'm gonna need a pass on Friday Night Dinner if that's OK."

"May I ask why?"

"Well, Logan is taking me to meet his parents."

"He what?! He is taking you to meet the Huntzberger', the most prestigious family in Hartford society?"

"If they're his parents then yes."

"Well, then of course you can miss dinner! In fact, why don't you come over Friday afternoon and we can find you an appropriate dress?"

"I wish I could Grandma, but he's picking me up straight from school and then we're going for coffee with his sister and her boyfriend."

"Oh." I heard the disappointment in her voice.

"But I'm perfectly free on Thursday. I could come over and pick out a dress then if it's convenient for you?"

"Oh yes, I'll call my stylist and dress maker. Do you think you can keep your hair in all day at school? You should stay over! Chilton's only 5 minutes from here, and we can get you ready before you head out. I'll get my top dress designer and stylist over. Oh, we're going to have so much fun! Of course, you'll need to get up at 5am if you're getting your hair done before school."

"Grandma! I would love to stay over, you know, to make up for missing Friday dinner."

"Oh wonderful! I'll see you tomorrow!"

"See you tomorrow, Grandma."

The next day I drove over to Grandma's straight after school, and as soon as I walked in, there were dresses coming at me from every direction, and a woman shouting "Olivia de Havilland!" at me.

"Um, Grandma? Are you here?"

"Oh, Sierra, wonderful you're here. You remember Miss Céline yes?"

"Uh no, I don't."

"Oh well, Sierra this is Miss Céline my personal stylist, she's worked with all of the greats. It's practically a miracle that she could come on such short notice."

"Indeed it is, Emily. Indeed it is. But I couldn't miss the opportunity to dress your darling granddaughter up." She grabbed an assistant walking past. "Isn't she just darling?" She grabbed by face and showed it to the girl. "Uh, yes. Very darling." She let go of the girl and turned back to me.

"So, Olivia, your grandmother tells me you have a very important event coming up?"

"Uh, well I'm meeting my boyfriend's family and they're pretty high up in society, and very hard to impress."

"Nonsense, nonsense! No one would dare not be impressed with you in one of my gowns, trust me Olivia you'll look like a princess."

"Thank you, Miss Céline it's very kind of you to do this."

"Yes, yes. Alright, onto the pedestal, time to get you fitted."

An hour and a half later, when Grandpa came home, I had been pinned and prodded in more places than I could count. Eventually though, we found the perfect dress. Well, we found the perfect dress 45 minutes in, the rest was spent adjusting it and Miss Céline grabbing random workers and asking them, "Isn't she just darling?" It was pretty awkward and embarrassing.

Anyway, after what felt like years it ended and I was allowed to step down. But not before Grandma was bombarding me with pictures of different hairstyles asking which ones I like.

"That one's fine, Grandma."

"Oh, but what about this one?"

"No, the other one was fine."

"Are you sure?"

"Grandma, remember I do have to keep this in at school all day tomorrow."

"Oh, alright then."

"Thank you. I'm going to eat dinner now, and I don't want to hear any talk of my outfit until tomorrow OK? Good."

The rest of the evening was peaceful. We had halibut for dinner, lemon bünt cake for dessert, and I had my regular nightly call with Logan.

Grandma came in and woke me up at 5am the next morning, to allow optimum amount of time to get me ready for dinner in over 12 hours. I didn't have the heart to tell her that it most likely  wouldn't stay on all day. My hair was put up, there were about 2000 Bobby pins and 5 cans of hairspray, but it was in and I asked Grandma to send the dress over to Logan's dorm.

It was the end of the day, and I hadn't been able to focus on school at all because I was so nervous. "Class dismissed. Miss Gilmore could you come up here please?"

My math teacher called me to the front, interrupting my daydreaming. "Yes sir?"

"Are you alright? You seemed to be somewhere else in class."

"Its fine, I just have a lot on my mind right now. Thank you, but I really have to go."

I ran to my locker, grabbed the stuff I needed and ran out to meet Logan. "Hey, babe, what's got you in such a rush?"

"Ugh, school. Please just drive."

"Your wish is my command. So, interesting hair." I glared at him.

"Okay, driving, driving." He laughed and I looked out of the car. This was gonna be a long day.

Eventually they got to the coffee shop where they were meeting Honour and Josh. When they walked in a woman looking very similar to Logan stood up to greet them. "Logan! It has been too long, little brother. How's school?"

"Good." He chuckled quietly.

"Well, Logan this is my boyfriend Josh, Josh this is Logan. Now that's out of the way, I can focus on you." She turned to me with a raised eyebrow.

"Honor, this is Sierra, my girlfriend."

"Girlfriend?"

"Yup, that's me. It's good to meet you, Logan never shuts up about the only member of his family he likes."

"Oh, good. I'm afraid that I can't say the same for you, my brother has never mentioned you before."

"Well, I guess it's still a fairly new relationship. We've only been dating since the end of last year, so just a few months. Quick question, do you celebrate 3 month anniversaries because I do not have the time for that in my life?" I directed the last part to Logan, panicking. 

"Queenie, it's fine, you're fine. And no. We don't have to do anything you don't want to." He gave me a chaste kiss.

"Alright then, so Sierra you go to Chilton?"

"Uh, yeah I do. I'm a senior."

"And how did you meet my not so dashing younger brother?"

"Oh, well I'd say he's plenty dashing. But uh, we met while I was on a tour of Yale and I spilt some stuff all over the floor, he helped me pick it up and we exchanged numbers and went out to dinner the next day."

"Well, the longest he's ever been with one girl is 4 days, so you must really be something special.' She looked at me appraisingly.

Logan looked at me. "Oh trust me, she's really special. Anyway, Josh how did the two of you meet?"

A couple of hours later, we were walking back into Logan's dorm to get ready and some of my stress had been lifted. I lied down on the couch and rested my head in his lap as he stroked my hair and gave me a shoulder massage.

"You're the most amazing boyfriend I have ever had, Huntzberger."

"And you're the most amazing girlfriend I ever had, Gilmore." He kissed my forehead and we just sat like that for 5 minutes and I tried to get up. "Logan, I need to go get ready." He held me tight in his arms, so I couldn't get away.

"But you're like a little puppy all soft and cute."

"Oh wow, just what every girl wants to here, that her boyfriend thinks she's a puppy. Really great for the self esteem. It is a wonder how you haven't kept a girlfriend before."

"Because none of them were as adorable as you."

"As sweet as this is, Sherlock, I really do need to get up, fix my hair and put on my dress."

After 5 more minutes of me pestering him, Logan finally relented and I left to get ready. "Make sure to wear those nice cuff links your amazing girlfriend bought you." I winked at him on my way out.

I came out an hour later, my hair do had all fallen out so I washed it and curled it. "OK, babe, ready to go?"

He looked at me. "Wow, you look a- amazing. Totally perfect." I grabbed my bag and kissed him. "Thank you, now, let's go to dinner with the Dark Ones."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

17K 235 21
"𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐰𝐨𝐫𝐥𝐝 𝐰𝐚𝐬 𝐨𝐧 𝐟𝐢𝐫𝐞 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐧𝐨 𝐨𝐧𝐞 𝐜𝐨𝐮𝐥𝐝 𝐬𝐚𝐯𝐞 𝐦𝐞 𝐛𝐮𝐭 𝐲𝐨𝐮." "𝐖𝐡𝐚𝐭 𝐚 𝐰𝐢𝐜𝐤𝐞𝐝 𝐠𝐚𝐦𝐞 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐩𝐥𝐚�...
292K 11.7K 44
Hayden Gilmore was like the many women in her family who came before her; pretty, smart and addicted to coffee. And growing up in the small, close-kn...
3.4K 93 24
Hilary, the twin Gilmore daughter to Rory, finds herself in a new, troubling and confusing relationship after moving from Stars Hollow High to Chilto...
109K 2.2K 47
Christina is back from her summer internship. Since what happened at the wedding she has refused to talk to her dad like she said she would. With col...