the king and his bride | k.th

By x_linn_

[discontinued] "He must be quite fond of you if he's calling for you even in the middle of the day." "I don't... More

introduction
playlist
zero
one
two
three
four
five
seven
eight
nine
ten
eleven
twelve
thirteen
fourteen
fifteen
sixteen
seventeen
eighteen
nineteen
TKAHB universe
twenty
twenty-one
twenty-two
twenty-three
twenty-four
twenty-five
twenty-six
twenty-seven
twenty-eight
twenty-nine
thirty
thirty-one
thirty-two
thirty-three
thirty-four
thirty-five
thirty-six
thirty-seven
thirty-eight
thirty-nine
forty
forty-one
forty-two
forty-three
forty-four
forty-five
forty-six
forty-seven
forty-eight
Discontinued

six

5.7K 349 143
By x_linn_

A child with plushies

"Wait a minute!! You're still a virgin?!" the girls gasped in choir, making me quickly bow down my head with a deep blush. Hearing it from them made it even more embarrassing.

"Well I guess it's not that surprising since you're still 19." said Jennie with a sympathetic smile as she stroked my back, scooting closer to me on the fluffy carpet.

It's already my second day here in the palace and me and some other girls just returned from breakfast a while ago. We were now seated around the small coffee table in the middle of the Bride's chamber, few of them scattered around the massive couch as we led a small conversation. And somehow we ended up talking about my nonexistent sex life.

"That's true. It's really unusual for a girl in her 19 to be already a part of the palace's harem. Poor girl." said Tzuyu, receiving few subtle glares from the girls around me.

"Is it that bad?" I muttered, looking down at the table in front of me with Jennie giving me a gentle squeeze on my shoulder.

"It's not bad..."she trailed off, trying to think of some supportive words.

"It just may get you a little...overwhelmed, since it's going to be your first time." finished Jisoo instead of her, making me look up at her with raised eyebrow.

"Overwhelmed?" she nervously looked around the room, contemplating on what to say which made me a little restless. She looked back at me with a small smile before shaking her head.

"Let's not talk about it right now, we'll explain everything when the time comes." she said and the girls all nodded in agreement, leaving me confused.

Ever since we talked yesterday, they always avoided the topic in front of me which made me a little frustrated. I mean, I was supposed to know anyways so why would they hide it from me? The sooner the better, right? Just from their expressions I can tell there's a lot for me to know but they always hold off the topic. However I always shrugged it off because honestly, one side of me really didn't want to know the truth about the king and his...activities. But it's not like I have a choice, right?

"Hey, how about we go out to the city today? The weather seems nice." chirped Nayeon, trying to interrupt the awkward silence in the room. I felt my muscles loosen up as the girls nodded in agreement, smiles already adoring their faces again. I stood up also, heading to my room to get ready for the little outing. I sighed as I walked along the corridor with my arms crossed around my chest.

I will just have to hold back the curiosity and uneasiness building up in the pit of my stomach for a while. I'm sure they have a reason for not telling me.

The walk around the city square was really nice. It felt totally different from the walks I had with my mother back when I was little, but with Jisoo and other girls beside me I still had a lot of fun. We walked around the market, admiring all kinds of clothing and accessories sold by the kind-looking street sellers. We also got ourselves some ice-creams which made me remember my childhood, so I ended up strolling through the city with an ice-cream in my hand a big grin on my face. I felt at ease. The only thing bugging me were the stares I would get from by-passers here and there. The white dress with gentle flounces I wore this morning was earning me a lot of attention. I never liked being in the center of attention, therefore this was one of the reasons I feared being the bride. But even so, Jisoo and Jennie helped me ignore the stares as we chatted throughout the whole outing and I again felt really grateful to them.

3. person

"But that's a complete lunacy! There's at least two hundreds of survivors after the attack! We can't provide living for all of them!"

"Do you know how much money would the repair of the whole village cost? More than half of the residential area was burned down to ashes and not to mention the state of the village warehouse which was filled to the roof at the time of the attack."

"There is not enough residential area in Silla. However there may be enough space for all of the villagers in Bredon- the port town on the south. If I'm not mistaken, a new area of houses was-"

"Do you know how much money would it cost to get them all to the south? It's on the other side of the kingdom!"

"Well, how about you try to think of something clever rather then turning all the ideas down?!"

The king sighed for the umpteenth time, rubbing his temples subtly with his eyes shut. The countless arguments were going back and forth making his head spin at the barking of the old men in the room. This is how almost every meeting looked like, making him glad he didn't have to stand this every single day and that he was the one who was actually in charge of summoning the meetings, which gave him the ability to call the meetings as rarely as possible. However drastic occurrences call for drastic measures so there he was, sitting in the middle of the havoc today.

He hasn't spoken for the last 10 minutes, seeing there was already enough noise in the room. And not that they would let him speak anyway. Sometimes he thinks they don't attend the meetings for work but to let the steam out which was irritating him to no end.

"Gentlemen, please calm down-"

"How about you try to actually count all the money needed for such stupid action before calling your stupid babbling an idea?" his eye twitched as one of the aristocrats rudely interrupted his friend who was trying to calm the uproar down.

"If you have noth-"

"SILENCE!" the room became dead quiet as their heads snapped towards their irritated king at the head of the long table. He looked each and every one of them dead in the eye before sighing loudly, slumping back in his seat.

"Finally." murmured Seokjin who was sitting next to him, subtly glaring at the man who interrupted him earlier.

The room was silent for a while, the old men either looking down at the table in shame and fear or internally cussing at the young arrogant emperor at the head of the table.

"This meeting," he muttered, opening his eyes before straightening up a bit, "is going nowhere. I recommend cutting it here and we'll see each other once you have more ideas regarding the matter. You're all dismissed." he said and stood up, the chair behind him scratching against the marble floor. They all bowed in unison before scurrying out of the room, leaving only him and Seokjin alone.

He walked around the edge of the table with a quiet sigh, heading towards the enormous window overlooking the main yard of the castle.

"What a mess, they sure do know how to make my head hurt. Geez, I can feel the migraine slowly clawing at me again." Seokjin hissed with a sigh while sorting out the papers thrown all over the table.

"Tell me about it." Taehyung snickered, looking out of the window  with a little scowl. Observing the greenery in the yards of his castle was always calming to him. And not only that, but seeing all the people from the castle scurrying around with smiles on their faces whether working or not, made him somehow proud and settled. As long as they're smiling, he's doing a great job. That's what he always tells himself.

However one smile in particular made him stop his observation of the yard and focus on the owner of the smile alone. She was walking across the lawn by the fountain with few of the other girls, grinning widely at something they were talking about. She reminded him of a child with her wide grin and the melting chocolate ice-cream in her hand.

"Oh, they must have went out." Taehyung jumped at his friend's voice right next to him, rolling his eyes subtly at his bluntness. He followed his friend's gaze to look again at the group of girls who were now settling down on the grass, chatting freely.

"Hm yeah." his eyes again found their way to the girl with ice-cream, examining fondly the new jewel to his lovely collection.

"The new girl seems really young. I would rather place her to a kindergarten than your group of girlfriends." Seokjin snickered earning yet another playful eye-roll from the king.

"Don't call them that. And besides, it wouldn't be bad to try out something new, right? She has a different aura around her." muttered Taehyung, not turning his eyes away from the girl who was currently struggling with the wind blowing her hair in every direction. It was silent for a while before Seokjin spoke again.

"Sorry buddy, but the only aura I get from her is the one of a five year old girl who makes tea parties with her plushies." Taehyung laughed at his friend's words before shaking his head in amusement. Seokjin smiled at the sight, happy that he made the younger laugh. It's rare for him to laugh sincerely, therefore he likes to cherish such moments. The two fell in silence again, both observing the girls by the fountain. Both had their eyes settled on a different girl, both for different reasons.

"Where's Yeonjun?" asked Taehyung, not even sparing a glance at his friend. Seokjin sighed at his question, looking side-ways at the young king.

"It's only her second day Tae-"

"So what?" he muttered, not a single trace of annoyance in his husky voice. He rarely gets annoyed at his friend to the point it's serious.

"Aren't you going to let her adapt first? That's what you usually do."

"She'll be fine." he said and took a few more seconds to examine her before he turned to his friend, raising one of his eyebrows. "Find Yeonjun and tell him to call for Chaeyoung. I want her in my room at nine." he said before walking around his friend, heading towards the door with his hands in his pockets.

"Just don't fool around too much! You don't want to frighten that new little girl of yours." Seokjin called after him with a snicker, making Taehyung smile under his nose.

"We'll see about that."

Chaeyoung's pov

"Glad you made yourself at home." I chuckled seeing the three girls laying around my room lazily.

Jisoo was sprawled across my bed like the queen she is, holding one of my books in her hands, probably reading the cover. Jennie was sitting on the armchair next to my window, a bunch of my clothes on her lap while she examined every peace, occasionally giving me a disapproving look. And last but not least, Miyeon sitting on the floor, doing God knows what with all of my cosmetic products scattered everywhere around her.

I shook my head in amusement and closed the door of my room with my foot, bringing the tray with snacks to my coffee table next to Jennie who was now inspecting one of my summer dresses.

"I'm afraid you need a serious fashion advise, Chaeyoung. No offense but your closet literally screams at me for help." she said and then raised the summer dress up. "I mean, look at this!" she whined, making me frown while examining one of my favorite dresses.

"I don't see what's wrong with it." I muttered, titling my head to the side. Jennie sighed shaking her head.

"It's not your closet, it's you who needs help." she muttered and continued to dig through the big pile of clothes. I looked behind me at Jisoo who gave me a small smile.

"There's nothing wrong with your clothes. Jennie's just more used to...brand clothing." she said and I raised my eyebrows at her.

"Brand clothing? Well I couldn't really afford that so..." I trailed off and Miyeon gave me a little shake of her head.

"Don't feel bad about it. Not a lot of people can." she said and continued to apply one of my lipsticks on her lips. I turned back to Jennie.

"Than how could you-"

"Jennie is a daughter of a judge. A popular one at that." said Jisoo and my eyes widened, looking at Jennie who looked up at me, smiling sheepishly.

"Woah, really?!" she put down the skirt she was holding before nodding.

"Yeah, but it's nothing to be fascinated about. Besides the brand clothing I never really liked to be a child of a judge. My dad was too...strict." I nodded, silencing myself at her words. I could sense she didn't want to talk about it so I-

"No way!" I turned around abruptly at the exclaim, looking at Miyeon who was now holding one of my face powders with an astonished look. "I was looking for this everywhere in the city but  I could never find it! Where did you get that?" it was silent for a while, before we started to laugh at her outburst, leaving Miyeon sitting there in confusion.

"Yah, that scared the hell out of me." laughed Jisoo, receiving a nod of agreement from me and Jennie. After I calmed down I finally gave Miyeon the answer she was looking for.

"Well, I got it from-" a sudden knock on my door interrupted my sentence, leaving me in a slight confusion. Who would knock on my door at this time?

"Come in." I called softly. A boy, slightly older than me came in, glancing at all of us before setting his eyes on me, making the other girls gasp to my confusion.

"Are you Chaeyoung?" I nodded with furrowed eyebrows, still not knowing what's going on and why the girls became so quiet all of a sudden.

"His Majesy is calling for you. He demands you to be in his room at nine o'clock tonight." I widened my eyes, his words leaving me in utter shock and confusion. I slowly turned around to the girls who were also looking at me in shock.

Calling for me?

∗ ∗ ∗

a little filler chapter before the real story begins <3

thank you for all the votes you guys are gold

(ノ´ヮ')ノ*: ・゚

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

509 40 7
Detective Kim Jisoo, meets a mysterious woman. "Would you really let me go if I want to?" "Of course I will. It's your decision. However, don't expec...
98K 5.4K 69
"Are you sure I'm not on your bias list?" Taehyung said, looking at you curiously, waiting for a response. "NO. you're on the alien list." you said...
247K 20.9K 28
𝐀 πƒπ€π‘πŠ πŒπ€π…πˆπ€ π‘πŽπŒπ€ππ‚π„ ❛ TO HIM SHE WAS A PAWN TO HER, HE WAS EVERYTHING ❜ ━ 𝘡𝘩𝘦 οΏ½...
98.9K 3.4K 36
When one girl becomes an employee of the biggest company in Korea called the 'Jeon Group'. What happens when her boss falls for her? Will their compa...